All Comments on 'An Unexpected Reaction'

by qhml1

Sort by:
  • 1,123 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

One of the best stories on this site...3rd time and still love it just as much as the first time.

MarrttyMarrttyabout 1 year ago

Read this several times. It is a great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

My fourth or fifth time through. Still get tears in my eyes at the end. Five stars a must.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Top notch!

Not much sex, but you tell a helluva story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Top notch!

Not much sex, but you tell a helluva story.

Ganymede69Ganymede69about 1 year ago

Awesome ! 5 stars well earned!

WargamerWargamerabout 1 year ago

Second time around still 5/5 a really special story

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

CONGRATULATIONS for this FANTASTIC story!!! I love it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is the second time I read it. I cried more this time than the first time. This time I really got into the emotion of the story especially after him meeting Amanda. This is one of the stories I have read that rates much more than 5 stars. I haven't read many like that. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

This is the second time I read it. I cried more this time than the first time. This time I really got into the emotion of the story especially after him meeting Amanda. This is one of the stories I have read that rates much more than 5 stars. I haven't read many like that. Thank you.

RonanJWilkersonRonanJWilkersonover 1 year ago

The very last part seems disconnected from the rest. In the last 4 paragraphs, it sounds as if Amanda wasn't in New York with him, or hadn't overheard him making a very clear and definitive declaration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You are a great writer, and find myself transported into every story you write. I have read and reread this one in particular. As it is one of my absolute favorites. Thank you for keeping wonderful stories coming in. I enjoy them immensely.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funniest part was the idea that a cop would actually be disciplined for misconduct. ACAB

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is my 4th reading and it always makes me tear up. Such a wonderful story that is well written by with exceptional characters and emotional beyond belief.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I usually don't enjoy stories that are this long. This one I found to be very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Good Story! The depiction of the disabling effects of the protagonist's rage and the counseling/ arbitration sessions were most interesting. And also the second relationship's special challenges. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Actually two stories. The first was okay and rated a three. The second was great and deserved a five (or a six if there was an option). Have to admit I'm rereading this and jumped to Page 6 because the first part was a bore.

But, as others have said, the last part (the "ball squeezing bit" not only didn't fit but it actually detracted from the story. And as for the admonition not to be in the same room as that woman, that doesn't work unless Amanda expects him to never attend another industry function again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You invested so much time on developing Becky then drop her . think there was a stream you could have followed, but I prefer resolution, that’s just me

Bigmanl12345Bigmanl12345over 1 year ago

Thank you I really in joyed reading your story. Good job hope you will post more

AlanDavidAlanDavidover 1 year ago

Great story all around. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️5 stars from me..

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Didn't notice any mistakes, but I was more interested in reading a truly great story. Glad that Jace stuck to his guns about dumping Becky, wouldn't have been much of a story if he had wimped out and taken her back. Loved the ending too. Five stars, thanks.

Chuckles1966Chuckles1966over 1 year ago

Another multiple re read. I keep wondering what city that is, but it's ultimately irrelevant.

A lovely story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I DON'T USUALLY READ LONG STORIES BUT THIS IS THE 3RD OR 4TH TIME I'VE READ THIS STORY. I CAN'T FIND AN ISSUE WITH ANY OF IT.

AND "BABYDOLL" IS AMAZINGLY GORGEOUS IN EVERY WAY. FROM A BAD START THIS GUY GOT A REALLY WONDERFUL BABE.

DarknsDarknsover 1 year ago

Same here, another re-read and loved it. I had already rated it 5 stars first time around and couldn’t rate it higher. Cheers @qhml1.

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Another reread. Damn but I like this story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The URL of this one is posted in my all time classics file. Don't change a thing. It is your version, not some nit-picked edited version.

When I see the multitude of comments offering unsought for advice in Literotica Comments I feel sorry for Shakespeare that these galahs weren't around when he was writing. Shucks, he made up his own words. These literary experts could have shredded these for a start. And the "mistakes" of his that they could have dug out of the draft of the First Folio would have ensured it never getting into print.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

My second read. Still one of the best—not boring at all even the second time around.

I can’t but admire the author. Great job!

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

All I can think is poor Becky. Feels like the rest doesn't matter

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A very enjoyable read. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a great story of how life really is for some people. It's so nice to see so many high praises in the comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

why is that ungrateful, homeless cunt making demands of the person who save her from a miserable existence. Stupid bitch should know her place

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

THANKYOU.

roveroneroveroneover 1 year ago

Long, and convoluted-started it several times and then would get distracted...

Have loved several of your other stories-The Unicorn, and Air Possum for two-and you hit this one out of the park too

the 892 comments shows I'm not alone in loving this one too

two sections I particularly enjoyed-Amanda going to the topless beach (hope he had a camera-considering when written phones didn't have cameras like they do now, at end of 2022), and first time he went down on her(first time women don't realize what their ambrosial 'perfume' does to men's brains, worry they're not 'fresh' enough down there), and then doggied her-'that behind thingy...'

not bad for an 'older'guy'-seemed to have recovery time of an 18 yo...never did figure out how much older he was-twice-?

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Another read through for Christmas. One of my favourites.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really Really enjoyed this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I agree with all the extremely positive comments: I enjoyed the whole thing. The commenter right under me raises a couple of good points that could easily be fixed with some minor revision. The character development is excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really, really good story. Well really two stories, but hey still a great work by the author. Only two quibbles. One, I know Becky was clueless about Aida and her husband, but given all the friends who were covering and providing alibis, especially Cindy and also Alan, wouldn't they have told Becky about Aida? Besides the affair seemed to go on for many months (remember thr going back on birth control request?) with her boss and was not limited to thr Saturday events only. Most people didn't know she was married. Anyways this leads to the second quibble. The second story is a romance, where Jace heals and finds true love in Amanda. The first is his other great love with Becky and her horrible betrayal. I think would have been better if two chapters, and some more dialog / discussion regarding why Becky even did it. It is pretty clear that (at least she believes it) she really loves Jace. It isn't even that she is just remorseful being caught (though why Cindy and Becky thought she wouldn't after what six months of an affair, not sure when first physical maybe), she actively knows she hurt Jace. The problem is she doesn't know the value or importance of loyalty and devotion. Which in contrast, Amanda has in absolute spades woven into the fabric of her bones. So I was a bit disappointed in the lack of extra info provided in the phone calls.or in counseling. Yes Cindy summarized at as she thought she could have both. But why did she need it? What was missing? Was the sex so great? Maybe but Jace never looked at the video or listened to a lot of the audio. Seemed unlikely as Jace and her were good lovers. And the asshole was really self centered. Becky was stupid not even realizing the asshole was married to a soldier. How dumb. So what was missing? Jace working too much and opposing schedules? Hinted at later. Yes I know it doesn't change the result, but instead of his indignation over people he thought were friends who betrayed him by hiding and covering her secret or hammering later on for him to reconcile (bit repetitive, though opening page was awesome), would have been nice to know as a reader why Becky blew it all up? Maybe she just doesn't understand loyalty or has the Chester's gene. Maybe a separation of thr story into.teo chapters would have allowed a bit more exploration. Yeah we know she was willing, but why? What was shee feeling or missing? Excitement? Passion? Being desired? We understand asshole's motive: his wife was overseas and he wanted sex. But while there are hints Becky is a bit of a mystery. I honestly believe that Becky was serious about running awaywith him at the end. To her, Jace was her one great love, albeit whatever that means for her, given her lack of really understanding her treachery, despite the aftermath of her first infraction while technically not exclusive. She might not value fidelity, but Jace certainly did and does. So yeah despite her terrible, selfish choices, she would leave her current marriage (apparently someone rich) and run off with Jace after what 6 years or so. Of course, no.way for Jace. His wounds are healed and barely remembers Becky. Two other minor things: (a) Celeste would have been in mandatory counseling after being in a foster home hellhole where she was clearly sexually abused / raped and (b) Amanda's talk and firm grip on his balls at the end are both a threat and dark humor. She is declaring her views to her husband on fidelity, which are stronger than Jace's, but recognizing that Becky is more of a threat than Jace realizes. But I also thought thr author intended as humorous. Some people in the comments take umbrage with that last part but I think the author was making it clear how much Amanda is like a jungle cat that will protect her family and brook no one else. Yeah my gonads were a bit empathetic but I kind of got what the author was trying to convey. And so did Jace. Great story! 6 stars.

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

5 stars - great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent!!! Loved the story. Went through 5 Kleenex even after you ended it. (Or will there be another chapter?). One of the top five that I read on Literotica. But this one used the most Kleenex.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Still my favourite ever since I read it the first time❤️

WvrjjrWvrjjrover 1 year ago
Still 5* and beyond

After my umpteenth read, this is still my favorite, and probably the best there is on Literotica. Thank you Q

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It was an excellent read. I really enjoyed it and didn't want to put it down.

MarkT63MarkT63over 1 year ago

Great read again!!! I love how you tie in characters from other stories.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Fantastic read. Kept me enthralled from beginning to end. Tale of two cities. Looking forward to the next story. Great value for money 😃

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Grabbing his balls after all that?

Very jarring and waaay out of the flow of the rest of the story.

matureandablematureandableover 1 year ago

It's 5 stars from me yes, it's apparent it should've probably been two related stories but it does enough to hold your attention. Personally, I don't think there was any need for the 'Ball grabbing' scenario at the end of the story it almost implies a lack of trust of him by her and that does fit with the relationship.

HooHaa77HooHaa77over 1 year ago

Only problems I have with this story are:

1. There are too many name-dropped characters that don't really contribute to the first part of the story. FOURTEEN by my count. Makes the story confusing.

2. Tazers don't knock people out.

3. The whole "I'm preggers" backstabbing thing was cliché.

4. What ultimately happened to Becky, Cindy and Allan? I know, they don't matter, but their ultimate fates are desired.

Other than that, great story. 5*

Gram1Gram1over 1 year ago

I've read this story several times, but for me it's still the best story in this category!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

cringe

mikaelTmikaelTover 1 year ago

I really liked this story, thank you for the effort you put into writing it

Norseman123Norseman123over 1 year ago

Sucker for a happy ending. Nice one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

You can tell it's a good story because no knuckle dragging moron started yelling "CUCK". Wonderful story and incredible story telling. Yes a few mistakes, so what, it was easy to decipher. Thank you for a great read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I find the premise bewildering. What kind of depraved, degenerate people were his friends if responding to adultery with divorce is considered an unexpected reaction? Now, if he had put her head on a post in front of his house with a sign: “Thus always to sluts”, then maybe I could understand a little surprise.

Or is the unexpected reaction that he cut traitors out of his life? Do people really expect to remain friends when they enabled his wife in betraying him?!? Again, by my standards, he was restrained. If someone refuses to use their tongue to help their friend, well, then they don’t need to keep their tongue, do they?

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

DAMN any mistakes, this story kicked a**! I never and I mean NEVER reread a story but I’ve read this one over a dozen times and NEVER tire of it!

cookoomcoocookoomcooover 1 year ago

I love finding this story I’ve read it a few times still almost makes me happy cry

Cracker270Cracker270over 1 year ago

Read this one several times. I enjoy all aspects of it. Thank you.

cucubau111cucubau111over 1 year ago

One of my favorite stories on this site. Already read it a few times and no doubt will read it again in the future.

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The "name" Jace make me want to hurl, no real man would use it. The story was nice, made me want the ending for myself. Sure as hell not erotica, but I'll forgive that

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thank you for keeping to one story. Yes you could have put more detail in the story but I was very pleased with it. Wish there was a 5+ rating.

Thsnks again for the story.

arby

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I would like to see another version where he doors try to make it work with Becky and it does work out

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Based of the number of reviews that say that they have read this story multiple times, this is obviously one a the VERY BEST favorites of all times I have seen. Congratulations.

5*

BJ

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

2nd reading for me. really like "finding" Amanda, the bar, Aida, what Jace's Mom and June said, and Jace's comment to ex-wife. Very happy, fairy tale life, if you're a good, honest man

6King6Kingover 1 year ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Read it again, still great.

juanviejojuanviejoover 1 year ago

IT WAS GOOD BACK THEN AND JUST GETS BETTER WITH EACH READING...STILL FIVE STARS!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great.

"the sex may be determined by ultrasound as early as 14 weeks."

OnethirdOnethirdover 1 year ago

I agree that they were two separate stories- didn’t really need to see the ex begging for him to come back to her, which is a sad addition to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Rereading and have two say there are two stories here. As someone else commented the first is a three at best. The second is a five (I'd give it a 6 if the system would let me). But the last little bit about squeezing his balls is a major eff up. And Jace met his ex at an industry function - the only way to guarantee that they never end up in the same room again is to ban him from attending any future industry functions (in other word, shut down his career permanently).

For the record, can you actually determine the sex of a fetus at 10 weeks?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Did NOT mind reading it twice. Not a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Two stories here - the first is a 3 (maybe a 3.5) but the second is a solid 5. The only criticism I have is the final scene - squeezing his balls detracts from the story rather than adding to it. Moreover, since Jace met his ex at an industry event there is no way he can be sure that he'll never see her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Amazing, absolutely amazing. Your characters feel like people I know, both for better or worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Another qhml1 masterpiece.

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

Excellent characterization, solid believable plot. Nice touch to bring in Celeste, understandably angry, Well done!

JuanTwoNoJuanTwoNoover 1 year ago

I knew I read this before, even before I started reading it. Others have noted that this is really two stories, though the same MC. I have no memory of the second at all. It's as though I never read it, yet don't remember the first as though I stopped. But your comment at the end reads as though it was complete as is when you first submitted it. I'm perplexed. I liked it all but the very end where she gets him alone and proceeds to turn it into a bdsm ending. 4.

Tarloso2Tarloso2over 1 year ago

It's simple...this is a good story...nitpick to yourselves.. encourage the writers who are providing us with their writings.. I thank them

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

These are my lasting impressions after having read it twice with a month or so in between readings. Ultimately, Jace isn't a very likable protagonist. His first wife was a jerk, but he's not an overly sympathetic character. I really did not like him. As someone else said, he's a bit of a condescending prick. He's closed off, full of himself, steadfast in his self-righteousness to a fault, and has an issue with control. I'm genuinely surprised he has any friends. The violent and unnecessary physical altercations, the spanking, the nut pulling, the threats, are all ugly, detract from the story, and drastically lower my opinions of the characters involved. Also, it's totally out of character for his second wife to do that, and she has no way of knowing the sex of the baby yet. The inconsistency with his back story sticks out too. His nickname was given to him by his sister, so his mom wouldn't say she always wanted a daughter. It does feel like at least two separate stories were mashed together that would have been better alone. They were still somewhat compelling. Lots of syntax, spelling, etc... errors that were sometimes distracting. Hopefully that will get better as you continue to write, and you should continue to write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I liked it, up until the domestic assault at the end. Huge spoil of the happy romantic loving vibe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This could have been tightened up a bit. Maybe it's two stories, but I don't see a divorce section on Literotica. Loving wives would be pushing it. So you have this disjointed first and second story.

Honestly, this story has too many points. Is it a divorce. Is it a romance. Is it an adoption/starting a family story. Writing should start with a thesis to tell you what it's about. Even breaking it up into 3 chapters with a small heading would have meant the world.

The romance itself is maybe 2.5 pages. But we get this divorce that was honestly encapsulated perfectly in the opening scene. And the where are they now could have been tightened up as well.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Why do some say "not to nitpick" then proceed to do exactly that ( not to nitpick mind you)? An obviously very well enjoyed story (4 times just for me) so enjoy! Just the number of comments is unreal - thank you Q!

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have now lost count of how many times I have read this wonderful story. I don't even read the 1st 4 pages anymore, I just jump into where Jace finds his little town, and go on from there. In my 30 years of teaching, I saw far too many kids like Amanda and Celeste that the system failed. Unfortunately, our society DOES treat children like disposable objects to be tolerated until they can be passed off to someone else. If Brit TV is any indication of how you folks there on the island treat kids, you are as bad as we are here in the US.

Helen1899Helen1899over 1 year ago

Great story,,,there are many similar ones and all make me happy and deserve the 5* i give them all

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

shadowjack17

No there isn’t, you gonna be lonely like the rest of us.

shadowjack17shadowjack17over 1 year ago

Best. Story. Ever. I read this when I'm a little down and it always makes me smile again, hope there IS an

Amanda for me somewhere. Thank you, mate.

vodiodo69vodiodo69almost 2 years ago

Quite a read. But I loved the story. It kept me reading in one sitting. Needs more sex. (I say that for most stories)

And everyone lived happy ever after!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you for writing this, one of the best things I’ve read on this site, got me awake all night couldn’t stop reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it.

My only quibble is that--as you said--it should have been two stories. But...each one would have rated a 5.

Kudos and well done. more please.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

5* A fine story. I think that you were right to post it as one as it bound the two parts together whilst having two separate chapters would have pulled them apart. It was well-written and the the plot developed steadily; it flowed clearly without being rushed. I wasn't sure about the spanking at the car, that might have destroyed their relationship at that early stage. However, the failure of Kathy and her friends to patch up her first marriage was very believable. It would have felt wrong to have a BTB there. The gradual build up of Amanda and her friends to towards the second marriage felt natural, it was well-paced. I thought that you painted the "supporting cast" effectively too; they seemed to be genuinely a part of the story without being over-hyped. The conclusion was rather sugary - but it needed to be. (I can be sucker for a believable happy ending.) Thank you for posting it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The second reading was easier than the first one

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Second reading, upped to r stars. Great story. Now one of my favorites!

FauselaFauselaalmost 2 years ago

Most excellent story , I couldn't put it down!

gomer63gomer63almost 2 years ago

Epic tale! You had me enthralled very early on, and I hadn't a chance of escape. I have experienced something similar to the first half of the story, so I could really relate. The second half I don't see in my future, but who knows... Keep writing! You have a gift and I'm thrilled to have this story.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 2 years ago

Agree with an earlier comment, that line near the end about squeezing his balls was totally out of character, but not enough to prevent this from being a great story overall.

NickCaveNickCavealmost 2 years ago

This is the best Loving Wives story I've read on Literotica. I sure hope I can find more with emotion and not just husbands getting cucked. if anyone has a recommendation, please let me know!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Got a question, if his lil sister was the one who could not pronounce his name then why was his mom kept saying that she always wanted a daughter,and why was his sister never mentioned again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

as good the secont time as the first ...your writing and style is great keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In reality two stories. The first worth a 3.5 (at a stretch) and the second worth a 6.0.

That said, the last little bit about squeezing his balls, not only didn't fit but detracted from the entire story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is the first story I’ve read on an erotic based web site that made me feel like this at the end. I’m normally satisfied and drained. Now I’m satisfied and full of joy. Thank you. It was a long read that didn’t feel half as long. It flowed so well and I really enjoyed everything you did.

This is the first I have read of yours. I am holding back the urge to read more of your works, so I can finish this review. Again, thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userqhml1@qhml1
Can you believe that soon I will have been writing here for ten years? I never imagined I'd last that long. I figured I would run out of story ideas long before now. Instead I've filed over a hundred story ideas yet to be written. I'm retiring in a few weeks. I'm going to us...

SIMILAR Stories