An Unexpected Romance Ch. 038-053

Story Info
A Retired Baseball Player & young woman begin a romance.
5.5k words
4.77
11.1k
8

Part 3 of the 13 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 08/01/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers

Chapter 38

"They're about to kiss!"

"I see that," George mused, peering out the large window in the living room.

"Looook. They're kissing. It's sooo romantic."

"It's spying," George groaned, as he turned to sit in his lounge chair.

"She's whispering something to him. I wish I could read lips!"

"Cynthia! Step away from the window. You'll creep them out." He slipped his boots from his feet.

"He can't keep is eyes off her. Just like you did to me, George."

"I still can't keep my eyes off you. You take my breath away with your eyes," he mused.

"He's in his truck about to leave. He can't let go of her hand! Ahhh!"

A few moments later.

"He's leaving. Angela is watching him drive away. He's waving out the window."

A moment later.

"Yes! She's floating on air back to the house!" Cynthia squealed.

Cynthia rushed to the front door, opened it, and stepped back.

Angela opened the screen door and paused at the threshold. Smiling.

"Well?"

"He's everything I've dreamt of for weeks. I've never been kissed like that before. It was... Romantic."

"Yeoooh! That's wonderful, Angela," Cynthia squealed again.

Chapter 39

"Hello," the sleepy, scruffy voice returned to James over the phone.

"Good morning, Angela. Did I wake you?"

"Yes. But, I need to get up," she slurred.

"I can call back later," James offered.

"No, I want to talk to you. What time is it?"

"Ten o'clock."

"What? Ten o'clock! I need to get up! I have to check my herd today before it gets too hot!"

"I can help if you like," he mused.

"OK! Be here in 30 minutes!"

*****

James was unloading his horse from the trailer when Angela sprang from the house to greet him.

"Kiss me quick. We have to get to work," she giggled.

While holding Youngster by the reins with one hand, James took Angela with his free arm and pulled her into a kiss.

"Thank you. That was perfect," she chirped, as she broke the kiss. "My horse is already saddled. Can you get the gate?"

James walked his horse to the gate, unlocked it, and swung it open. Youngster walked on through the gate without a command and waited for his owner.

"I can't believe it," Angela yelped. "Blister won't do that for me. How'd you get him to do that?"

"You named your horse, Blister?" he mused.

"It's not any worse than... 'Youngster.' I bet it took you all week to come up with that one!" she laughed.

James laughed, too as he closed the gate.

"Lead the way, Ma'am," he barked, as he mounted Youngster.

"Let's ride the east fence and check for repairs. My herd is in the north section."

As they rode the fence they smiled and grinned to each other. Offering small talk along the way.

"You slept in this morning," he mused, with an arched eyebrow.

"Yep," she replied. "This handsome man FINALLY came to my home and romanced me last night. After he left, I couldn't sleep." She continued, "He sure can kiss, too. Best I've ever had."

James laughed and offered, "I had a hard time going to sleep, too. Couldn't get my mind off this pretty girl on the side of the road a few weeks back. Her eyes are hypnotic. I've been in a trance ever since. Just ask Cathy."

Angela giggled in appreciation for the compliment.

When they arrived at the north section, James couldn't believe his eyes. The most handsome Black Angus herd he'd ever seen was on the other side of the fence. He turned to Angela and she smiled and nodded in return.

"Get the gate?" she asked. "You can open it still mounted. See the latch?"

After he latched the gate behind them, he said, "What are you feeding them? Steroids?"

"Nope. Breeding. Mr. Karalis taught me," she chirped.

James shook his head. "Are you selling any breeder stock?"

"Yep," she replied.

"I would like for David to see your herd. Do you mind?"

"Not at all," she giggled.

Chapter 40

"Amazing."

The only word David could muster after seeing Angela's herd. George was leaning against the fence laughing.

David turned to Angela and began the negotiation, "Cattle prices are down. Way down."

"I know. I'm struggling, too," she replied.

"You said you have six pregnant heifers. What are you asking?"

"That's right. They'll drop in six to seven months. $3,000.00 each. I called the livestock auction. They said I would get that price easy. The bull is over there in that pen. We can take a look if you want," she offered.

"I'll be right back," David replied, as he went to his saddle bag and pulled out a note pad and calculator.

"I'd like to see that bull," James demanded, with a sly grin.

As they walked to the pen, James reached for her hand and gave her a gentle squeeze. She smiled and squeezed in return.

"You're fleecing David, aren't you?"

"I don't fleece anyone. David can always walk away," she chuckled.

As they reached the pen, James remarked, "That's a great looking bull. From Mr. Karalis?"

"Yep. Some of my bulls came from Washington County. Mr. Karalis knows a breeder there and he's good. My other bulls are over in the west side pens," she offered.

James turned to Angela and leaned against the pen, to face her. "I had no idea the young woman I found on the side of the road was such an expert on breeding cattle."

"Thank you," she giggled.

David walked up. "I can only take three of them. Will you take twenty nine hundred each? I'll write you a check right now," he offered, waving his checkbook at her.

Angela grinned and glanced to James before she faced David. "For you Mr. Young, twenty nine hundred. Do you want them delivered?"

"No, thanks. I'll send Michael to pick them up tomorrow. I'm taking them to a pasture in Stimson County. If these three heifers drop good calves, you might see me more often," he mused. "If you still have the other three when they drop calves, I'm interested in seeing the calves. The same for any pregnant heifers you have in the future."

Angela stepped forward and shook David's hand. "Thank you, Mr. Young."

Chapter 41

"I sold your house, James. Market price, just as you requested. A young couple with 2 small sons bought it."

"That's great. Thank you, Mr. Turner," James said, with the phone to his ear.

"I also have another client that wants to match your donation to the children's hospital. You certainly left an impression on the people of Kansas City beyond your baseball career. I sure miss you here, especially the golf."

"I miss you, too, Mr. Turner," James offered. "I'll be back often, you know that. We're partners and I don't want to give up the relationship with you. But, I have to tell you. I have missed my roots. More than I thought. The people are different, in a good way. I have missed the fresh air and the hot summer days. My father. My brother and his family."

"That's great, James," Mr. Turner sighed. "Back to business. I had an auctioneer come to your house, inventory everything and certify it belongs to you. It would be helpful if you could be present at the auction house and tell the buyers the proceeds will be going to the hospital. Perhaps offer photos and autographed baseballs. I'll buy the balls, glossy photos, and baseball cards to give away. Could you make the 20th of next month?"

"Absolutely."

Chapter 42

"Angela, I still have business ties in Kansas City and I'll travel there numerous times during the year. It's part of my life."

"Great! When is your next trip? I've never been to Kansas City," she chirped.

James was startled by Angela's comment. He hadn't considered she would want to come along.

"Uh... The 20th of next month."

"You weren't going to take me, were you?" she asked, with disappointment across her face and in her tone.

"I'm sorry, Angela. I've done this for so long, alone, I failed to consider your feelings. Please, I'm sorry I hurt your feelings. I do want you to go. To come with me," James pleaded.

She took his hand and gently squeezed. Gazing up into his eyes, she tilted her head in compassion. "You've been lonely a long time, haven't you?"

He nodded... sadly.

"Well, I'm gonna try and fix that," she replied with a whisper. She stood on her toes and kissed him. She enjoyed it so much, she released his hand, grasped the back of his head and pressed him harder against her lips. She gently probed his lips with her tongue and waited for a reply.

Right there in the living room of her parents' home, he responded with a gentle touch of his tongue. For a few moments, he thought the passion might get out of hand. But...

"Ah, hmm..."

Angela grinned widely and giggled while still pressing her lips to his.

James broke the kiss and smiled, too.

"Sorry I interrupted," giggled her mother.

Still giggling, Angela announced, "James is taking me to Kansas City next month. The 20th."

"Is he?" she replied, with an arched eyebrow directed at James. The tone... concerning.

James nodded... "Can we go to the kitchen and discuss it?"

Chapter 43

James sat at the kitchen table across from Cynthia, and Angela was by his side.

James began, "First, I'm not naïve to think you will have concerns of me taking a young woman half way across the country. I can assure you and George, nothing will happen. A kiss or two and a hug. That's it. Second, my business partner, Nathaniel Turner, insists I stay with him and his wife, Lois, when I return for business and appearances. Mrs. Turner will not allow any 'illegal activity,' as she puts it, to occur in her home."

Angela and Cynthia giggled.

He continued, "Angela, they have a beautiful and large home. You will have a bedroom and private bath to yourself."

James sighed, and continued, "Now the hard part. Angela, the attention I have given you these past few weeks, which have been the most memorable for me, will come to a stretching halt the moment we step from the plane. What happened at the dance two months ago; the attention I received? Will be magnified a thousand fold."

He paused, to allow her and Cynthia to consider his comments. "I fear you will be disappointed we can't be together as much as you would like. I'm already disappointed, knowing what will happen in Kansas City while you are with me. You must understand. Now may be a good time for you to know. This is my job after my baseball career has ended. I must sell myself to fans in order for me to sell pizza and cars. I must have photos taken, sign autographs, and kiss babies." He smirked on the babies comment, and Cynthia and Angela giggled.

"Sometimes, it isn't a pleasant sight. I've been knocked to the ground at times because of the crush of people wanting my attention. I've been pinched on the butt by women," he smirked. "I must tell you this so you can prepare yourself. I would understand if you chose not to come with me." He paused and dipped his head to gather his thoughts. He then looked at Angela, and then, her mother. James turned in his chair to face Angela head on. "It will not go unnoticed the age difference between us. We can expect hurtful and hateful comments to follow us wherever we go."

Angela smiled and took his hand. With her other hand, she gently caressed his cheek.

"I know. I want to be with you. I waited for you, remember? I know I've never seen sights you just described, but, I need to know your life to know you." She turned to her mother and said, "I can do this alone. I want to do this alone."

Chapter 44

Angela and Cynthia just got off the phone with Mr. Turner's assistant, Brenda. At James' suggestion, he had Brenda call Angela and suggest a wardrobe for her upcoming trip to Kansas City. There would be more appearances, in addition to the auction of James' belongings. At first, Angela protested when James' offered for Brenda to call. She could dress for his needs, she insisted. He tilted his head, to signal her, he would like for her to take the call from Brenda. And, she agreed. He was her man now.

James also left Angela an envelope with $2,000.00 inside. For the clothes she would need to purchase. Angela, again, protested vigorously at his suggestion. She had her own money and was wealthy in her own right. He did not press her protest, because he knew she had money after seeing her herd. But, suggested he would leave the money just in case. She could return it later, if she wanted.

Cynthia spoke first after the phone call with Brenda. "Wow, I didn't know."

"So much royal blue," Angela replied. "I have nothing that is royal blue. And so many skirts and dresses. Shoes, too."

After a few moments having considering their options, Cynthia turned to her daughter and spoke sincerely. "Angela... Are you sure? James leads such a different life than you. A life you have never experienced. You read what I have given you about him."

Angela stood from her chair and encouraged her mother to do the same. She took her mother into a daughterly embrace and whispered, "These past few weeks with James have been the most memorable weeks I've ever had. He is kind, loving, and considerate. He has a soft heart... never bitter. He's fun and funny. When he holds my hand, he acts like he never wants to let go. But, he is lonely. So lonely, I see it in his eyes. He's been alone so long, he is awkward with me. When I touch his face, he melts into my hands. I want to know if I can love him. To love his life and possibly share it with him. This is the first step to that love. I must take it."

Cynthia began weeping. And, Angela shared her tears with her own.

"I'm so happy for you, Angela," she said, after regaining some composure. "Take him. Never let him go."

After a few moments, Cynthia continued, "We may need to stay overnight in San Antonio to buy these clothes."

Chapter 45

James finally traded in his 24 year old Silverado. It had seen it's better days, and it was filthy. No longer appropriate when courting a young lady. Cathy said so. He was sentimental about giving it up. He purchased it used when he graduated from high school. And, he worked it hard the last 19 years.

He purchased another used Silverado from a local dealer in Thermopylae. This one was 3 years old, white, 4 door cab, and had all the bells and whistles. It was more appropriate when picking up Angela and driving to the San Antonio airport for their trip to Kansas City.

"That's a good looking truck," George said, as he waved to James to come into the house.

"Thanks, George. Cathy insisted I 'upgrade' for Angela's sake," he mused.

As James entered the Lasko family home, Angela was waiting for him on the other side of the living room. She was beautiful. Smiling widely and showing her brilliant teeth. Cynthia was standing near and behind her.

Angela had her black and naturally wavy hair pulled behind her ears with a white headband. Wavy strands of hair fell from the sides to caress her face and neck. Her hypnotic, sexy, and seductive blue eyes looked like beams of light. She was wearing a white satin blouse, with a royal blue ribbon tied at the collar into a bow. She was wearing a royal blue A-line skirt to just above the knee, and a matching blazer left unbuttoned. Royal blue pumps to finish her attire.

Her Mediterranean olive colored skin screamed, "look at me."

And, James did with a wide smile.

Chapter 46

When James entered her home, Angela resisted the near involuntary "jaw drop," and struggled to maintained her "I'm glad to see you, again" smile.

James was wearing a dark blue business suit, with a matching striped royal blue and gray tie, over a white dress shirt. Brown shoes to finish off his athletic and masculine 6 feet 1 inch frame. He had recently had his dark hair cut and his dark brown eyes nearly melted Angela in her shoes. She wondered if his suit was custom tailored because of his muscular and athletic build. She would ask, she thought.

He had never looked so handsome as he did right now.

"Cynthia! Cynthia! I'm right here," mused George, trying to get her attention with a wave of his hand.

Angela turned to her mother and found her jaw dropped in stunned silence.

James crossed the room, never wavering his gaze from Angela. He took her hand and said, "You're beautiful."

"Thank you," she replied. "You're very handsome today, James. Kiss me?"

He took her into an embrace and offered his lips to hers. She grasped the back of his head and pressed him to her lips. She pawed at his chest with her other hand. They broke their kiss at the same time. While continuing to gaze into Angela's eyes, James said, "Good morning, Cynthia."

George began to laugh a little too loud.

Chapter 47

The plane began the descent into the Kansas City airport. James was putting away the last of the phone numbers he had received from women, since he arrived at the San Antonio airport. The last one, from a stewardess on the plane. He had photos taken, both at the airport, and on the plane with adoring fans who recognized him. All of the stewardesses and stewards had their chance at a photo, too. Angela stood on the sidelines, admiring her handsome man.

"What do you do with all those slips of paper?" Angela asked.

James turned to her and replied with a smile and a whisper, "I keep them all day. As a courtesy. I don't want to insult them by throwing them away in public. I wait until I'm at home or with the Turner's." He paused and chuckled. "I still haven't received one from you, yet. I would keep yours. And, the business card you gave me doesn't count." He grinned widely, proud of his comment to his girlfriend.

Angela laughed and took a pen from her purse. Tearing a corner from a magazine in the seat pocket in front of her, she wrote her phone number on it. Next to her number, she drew a smiley face with a wink.

"Here you go," she giggled.

Chapter 48

It took James and Angela 45 minutes to get from the plane to the transportation area of the airport. James was immediately recognized by waiting passengers and had photos taken with everyone who asked for a photo. Men, women, children, babies, grandmas, grandpas, a janitor, ticket agents, baggage porters, pilots. Everyone.

It was then Angela knew James would be different. He didn't understate his warning to her in her family's kitchen three weeks ago. She was invisible to everyone. She was relegated to the side to observe her man interreacting with total strangers. Right when he would try to take her hand in affection and proceed though the airport, another person would stop them for a photograph.

They were met at the limousine by Brenda, Mr. Turner's assistant.

"Hello, James!" she yelled, while waving at them from a distance. "It took you a little longer this time," she mused, as James and Angela stepped up to her. "You must be Angela. It's a pleasure to finally meet you. You are one beautiful, young lady."

"Thank you, Ms. Wilks. You're beautiful, too," Angela replied.

Angela was surprised. Brenda wasn't what she envisioned over the phone. She was the most beautiful African-American woman she had ever seen. As tall as James. Beautiful mocha skin. Wearing a sexy knee length business skirt and cream colored blouse, with the buttons open, just enough, to show a little hint of her amble cleavage. Her hair was styled in tight curls and shined with hair gel.

"Honey, call me Brenda. I'm going to be your best friend from now on. I love your Texas accent... It's cute. Don't worry James. I won't let the sharks come near her."

"Thank you, Brenda. I knew I could count on you," James sighed. "Angela, Brenda works for Mr. Turner, but, she works for me, too. If you need anything, or if there is any trouble, Brenda is to be called. Put her number in your phone when we get into the limousine."

"That's right, Angela. James pays me well to take of him, and you," she reinforced. "OK... Off to the auction!"

After they settled into the limousine, Brenda spoke to Angela, "James told me how you two met. I would like to hear your side of the story."

ajroye
ajroye
345 Followers
12