An Unexpected Wedding Guest

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of course, Samantha associated my arrival with her departure, but I never knew Max had a child for the first six months. So, it always cast me as the wicked stepmother, and she knew how to wrap her father around her little finger.

"She'd make double edged compliments, how pretty I was and how tiring it must be to be constantly fending off unwanted male attention. If I even bothered."

"Oh!" I winced in sympathy.

"Yeah. Lots of little things that got Max and I bickering about the stupidest of things. It came to a head just over four years ago with a major argument, and he accused me of having an affair. He kicked me out and, to be honest, I was too tired of the arguing to put up much of a fight. I moved on with my life.

"Then six months later Max called, all apologetic, how stupid he was and so on. I might have gone back to him, except for what he told me next. He'd had a private detective following me around for the last 6 months, digging into every part of my life."

"OK, I can see how that's unforgivable. So, you two have feelings, but you cannot be together. No trust from your ex and a stepdaughter who'd do everything to split you up again." I said.

"Technically, he's not my ex. We're only separated. But as you say, I'd never go back. Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to visit the ladies' room."

Heading back to our table, I poured a glass of Perrier water and sat alone. Moments later, one bridesmaid took a seat next to me.

"You're with Amanda, Samantha's step-mum?" She asked, and I nodded in reply.

"I hope you're taking care of 'all' her needs?"

"Of course, but a gentleman never tells."

"How long have you known her?"

"About six months after I met her at my hospital. It was when she had her knee surgery. She was outside in a wheelchair, with one leg out straight in front of her like a battering ram. She'd dropped her cigarette lighter, and I picked it up."

"No words of warning about smoking?"

"People will still do stupid things, no matter what I say." The words seem to remind her of her mission, and she moved a little closer.

"You know it's a pity you're not the best man. There's a long tradition of the best man getting off with the bridesmaids."

"All four of you?" I asked, trying to make the joke sound serious and the girl looked shocked, then looked behind me. Glancing around to see a second bridesmaid hovering close by. Turning back, she'd recovered and leant closer.

"That might be a possibility." Despite my intentions, my eyes bounce down to her impressive cleavage and back.

"In which case, it's fortunate for both me and my cardiologist that I'm not any part of the wedding party." I downed my drink with a flourish, which was less dramatic as it was only water, and I suddenly stand up.

The move shocked her, obviously expecting me to just sit and let her flirt. She looked up at me, open-mouthed. Unfortunately, the view down her cleavage and her open mouth at crotch level, derailed my train of thought.

Turning away quickly, as I knew I was likely to get an unwanted erection.

Damn Kate and her unexpected visit. She fanned the flames of my passion and reignited it. Now I was popping unwanted erections far too often. The idea of having sex with the four bridesmaids, even just one. Hell, just one naked or simply a tit! Shit, I needed to get outside to let it go away.

Instead, Amanda reappeared and dragged me onto the dance floor.

"I love this song." She explained.

I wasn't much of a dancer, but I went along with it for her sake. The song lasted less than a minute before changing to something slower. She moved in close and wrapped her arms around my shoulder. I was a little tense, worrying she'd...

"Is that what I think it is? Is it me or..." She pulled back slightly. "Talking to Olesia."

I had to tell Amanda what had happened.

"All four of them? Someone is rather confident. However, I suppose it's my own fault. I did rather dangle the idea of sexy bridesmaids to tempt you into coming."

"They may be sexy, but I'm allergic to cats." She looked confused. "I mean ‌they seem very catty. I could imagine those manicured nails being very sharp."

"So why is your current problem poking my stomach?"

Should I tell Amanda the truth? She needed me to pull off her subterfuge, and if she thought badly of me, I'd not have to see her after tomorrow.

"Can we head outside, and I'll explain?"

Part 3

For several minutes I explained about Kate's visit and when I finished Amanda stayed silent for a long time.

"OK, I'm not sure how to take that. But tell me first, why did you have to tell me?"

"Partially, it's a habit of work. I find my patients prefer me to tell them the entire truth. And partially because I still feel guilty about it."

"If you'd told me to brag, I'd have thought rather dimly of you. But feeling bad about it is a little endearing. I can understand your dilemma, I suppose."

I felt a lot better having told someone and not being judged as a horrible human being. Looking back into the marquee, I noticed a lot of the tables were empty and a few older guests were leaving.

"It looks like things are winding down. Why don't we check-in?" I offered, and Amanda agreed.

Gathering up her purse, we headed into the tent to see the bride and groom chatting to people as they left. You could spot the fake smile on the bride's face as she spotted us. The groom's expression was one of someone more than half drunk.

"Mother, how nice to see you! You must introduce me to your date." I took her offered hand.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Michael and I'm honoured to be here. It was a lovely service, and you look stunning." It seemed my charm dismissed part of the tension between the two ladies.

We made a little small talk, but other guests were waiting to talk to the bride and groom. As we headed off, the bride called out.

"Oh, I just remembered. I noticed a mistake in your room's booking. Somehow it was down as two separate rooms. You'll be glad to know I changed it back to one room."

Amanda thanked her and took my arm to guide me outside. Waiting until we were well out of hearing range.

"I can sleep on the floor." I offered.

"It's ok, we'll think of something."

Walking all the way around the hotel to find the reception; we checked in, only to discover our room was in the annex. Which meant we walked for seemingly miles down the corridors. Our room was on the first floor, and almost at the farthest end. Closest to the marquee.

The room was pretty standard as any chain hotel, and at least had a large bed.

"If you give me your car keys, I'll get our bags." As she rummaged through her bag, I opened the sliding window and stepped onto the small balcony.

I could hear the noise from the marquee and leaned over the railing and could just make out the smoking area next to the marquee. Looking down, I spotted the outdoor Jacuzzi.

"There's a Jacuzzi down there." Amanda shook her head with a smile as she handed over the keys.

"I didn't bring my swimming costume, and I'm a little old for skinny dipping."

Realising the car was closer to this end of the hotel, I tried the emergency stairs at the end of the corridor and found a door outside. The car was less than 40 feet away and I came back with our luggage.

Amanda was in the bathroom when I returned. She called from the bathroom.

"I think I'm going to take a bath. Turns out it has got Jacuzzi jets, without having to deal with the pigeon poop in the outside one. Then I'll lie down for a bit."

"Fine, I'll change and go for a walk."

Slipping into a t-shirt, sweatpants and trainers, I headed outside. Following the narrow road from the car park around passed the church. Following it around the back of the marquee. Then along towards a manicured woodland.

Taking a path off the road through the woods to discover a lawn area, a lake and wetland area. The path circled the lake and had plenty of benches and plaques describing the water birds you could see at different times of the year.

Taking a break on one bench, I admired the view, as there was no hurry to rush back. Hearing the trickle of water and the waterbirds swimming around was relaxing.

Part 4

Perhaps an hour later, I continued on the track, coming out of the woodland with the far side of the hotel in view. Returning to the room and entering it quietly in case Amanda was still asleep. She was sitting up in bed, with the duvet tightly tucked under her arms, exposing her naked shoulders and the upper part of her breasts.

"You were gone longer than I'd expected, Michael?"

"I found a lovely spot by a lake. Kinda lost track of time. We're not late, are we?"

"No, it's fine. But we should head back down soon."

"I'll just take a quick shower and change. How about this?" Holding up a black silk shirt and a deep purple silk tie.

"It's nice, but I think you can skip the tie. It's less formal at night."

Fifteen minutes later, I stepped from the bathroom dressed and ready to find Amanda stepping into her dress. She was side on, so I could see her thong and skimpy bra. As she leant forward, her breasts were on the very edge of spilling from the bra, and they were even more impressive than I'd assumed. Both buttocks were virtually entirely uncovered and very fuckable.

"Oops, sorry." I exclaimed and turned my back. However, the room had several mirrors, allowing me to still see her. I saw her pulling the dress up and slipping her arms into the sleeves.

"It's OK, we're supposed to be on a date and I'm only using you against my stepdaughter. It would be cruel to not at least give you something in return. What do you think?"

I wanted to say she had killer legs and a stunning body until I realised, she meant her dress. Turning back, I noticed the dress for the first time.

It was a deep turquoise, with a black abstract pattern and very figure-hugging. Short sleeves with a high neck, there was a large scooped out oval area exposing her from her clavicles down and producing an impressive cleavage. Especially as Amanda had her hands up at the back of her neck, fastening the neck of the dress. The skirt was mid-thigh and with her hands up, her bust was raised and inviting.

"Can you zip me up?" She turned and I saw a similar cut out in the back of the dress.

I could make out the top of her thong as I reached for the zipper. It was hard not to look over her shoulder and gaze down her cleavage as I pulled up the zip.

"I've got some bad news. The bra straps are visible in the gap."

"Really? Damn. I must have tried it on with another bra in the shop. Shit, I only brought one bra with me. What do I do?"

"You could change back into the dress from earlier. Or you could go without the bra?"

"I bet you'd love that." She said, turning her head to look over her shoulder at me.

"I'd be lying if I denied it. But it's your choice."

Amanda stepped away to study herself in a mirror.

"Do you think I could pull it off? I'm not a teenager anymore. I'd hate to distress people with saggy boobs."

"I'm sure they're not." was my automatic answer.

"Unhook me." She ordered, moving back towards me.

Unzipping the dress, a little, I unfastened the bra while resisting the urge to check the size on the label. Amanda slipped her fingers up one sleeve and the strap appeared, which she slipped off her arm and repeated it on the other side.

"Can you pull it out?" As I pulled one strap, she exclaimed. "Careful, they're still attached."

"Sorry, excuse me." I pulled the zip down a little further and reached partially around her side. Pulling the bra down before tugging it free, then zipped the dress up.

Amanda stepped closer to the mirror, and I could see her studying her bust. She touched herself and then pulled on the dress to adjust the fit. The snug fit held her boobs in place almost as well as her bra.

"No laughing." She ordered.

Then she jiggled up and down and side to side. I just about avoided laughing but couldn't help grinning. She turned to face me, looking serious.

"I want your opinion. Is it too obvious?"

What were the chances of being invited to stare at her bust? I was going to make the most of it. Standing still like that, you'd be hard-pressed to notice, but looking closer, I could make out the bumps of her nipples. However, they were fairly well hidden in the dress's pattern. Walking around her, I peeked over her shoulder and got a buzz from the amount of boob flesh visible. Just short of the areola.

"Can you walk up and down?" She walked the length of the room and back.

"You're really enjoying this, aren't you?"

"Of course. Not only have I the prettiest date to the wedding, but I'm also being actively encouraged to ogle her."

"So, what do you think? Or perhaps I need to be more specific. What do you think of the dress? Will it work without a bra?"

"Yes, with a couple of caveats." I stepped behind her close enough to press my chest to her back. "Try not to move about too quickly, avoid standing anywhere cold, and don't let people look over your shoulder like this if you're sitting down." Saying that, I noticed the faint sign of her hardening nipples was more pronounced than before.

"I was going to ask what you thought generally, but that lump pressing into my back tells me all I need to know. At least I know this time it's because of me." On impulse, I wrapped my arms around her and kissed the side of her neck.

"You are truly gorgeous. Let's go."

"Shouldn't we wait for that to go down?" She pressed back against me.

"It's getting dark. It'll be gone by the time we get back to the marquee."

The evening 'do' was far noisier and busy. Only a small number of earlier guests attended, but a hundred or more new youthful faces filled the space. Friends and workmates I'm certain. Amanda mingled for a bit, building her confidence without her bra on. Then swore under her breath. I looked around in alarm.

"I left my cigarettes here earlier. I've lost them. Could you be a dear and get me another packet and a lighter?" I sighed and nodded. That's another £20 note up in smoke.

As I come away from the bar in the hotel with the offending items, I noticed Amanda's Ex sitting in a comfortable leather chair by an open door. He spotted me and waved me over and I took the chair opposite.

"You seem to make Amanda very happy." He has a large brandy balloon and a fat cigar on the table in front of him and he spotted me looking at the cigar.

"Bad for you, I know, but there's no harm now." Suddenly, several of my former observations lined up in my mind.

"What's your diagnosis?" He looked at me speculatively, so I continued. "I'm a surgeon. I notice minor details. Outside the church earlier, the way you talked and moved. At first, I thought you were recovering from a stroke. Now I notice the tiny targeting tattoos on your temples. I'm thinking of a brain tumour." He nodded.

"Who is your specialist? I may be able to recommend someone better?"

"I've seen them all. The best doctors in the country and it's just a matter of time. I'm fortunate my daughter moved her wedding forward six months. Otherwise, I'd likely not be here."

As a doctor and surgeon, I obviously have dealings with death. However, you have to create a kind of emotional insulation when dealing with it. We sat in silence for a moment before he blurted out.

"If I had only one regret in my life, it's Amanda. I let people whisper untruths to me about her. It poisoned my mind against her. In my heart, I knew she was true, and I didn't listen. She's a wonderful woman and you're very lucky to have her." OK, this is a bit much for me, lying to a dying man was not something I'm comfortable with.

"Actually, I don't. Or at least not in the way you think." He looked confused, so I continued.

"You know about the..." thinking of a suitable word. "Tension; between your daughter and your ex-wife?" He nodded and added.

"Technically, we're still married. We separated but never got around to doing the paperwork. When I go, she'll get a tidy little nest egg."

"OK, makes this a little weirder. Being on a fake date with your actual wife."

"Fake?"

"Amanda only came here because of you. I can tell you two still have feelings for each other." He nodded sadly. "However, your daughter made it very clear that the invite was for Amanda and someone 'special'." His expression changed to understanding, adding.

"I still remember my daughter's spiteful words about Amanda never finding a man as good as me."

"So, I'm a kind of fake date to disprove that. Sorry."

"That's ok, it's kind of funny, really." He chuckled a little, then asked. "So how did you two meet?"

"We both went to a speed dating event and hated it. I was trying to figure out how to escape during a break, and I met Amanda. She told me exactly why she was there. Asking me to come here with her. Something about being presentable and polite." He chuckled again.

"That sounds like her. She always was brutally efficient. So, this is just a sham platonic date for you two? And you're OK with that?" He asked with a grin, and I returned it and shrug.

"I'd be lying if I said she's not a very fine-looking woman." He nodded with a knowing smile. "She's also intelligent and caring. What may have started as a sham, but I'd certainly like to see if we can see each other again." He glanced away and waved.

"Speak of the devil." He said and I looked out of the door to see Amanda heading towards us. Obviously, I'd been too long getting her cigarettes. She stepped inside.

"Max, I hope you're not probing my boyfriend for the sordid details of our sex life." She sat on the arm of my chair and snuggled in closely. Making me intensely aware of her lack of a bra.

"Actually Amanda, I told him."

"What? Why would you do that?" She glared at me in anger. I looked at Max and he gave me a tiny nod.

"Because your husband is sick. Dying, in fact. And I always go out of my way to tell the truth, especially to anyone without much time left."

"Is it true?" She asked her husband, and he nodded with a sigh. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because you'd be upset. Or at least my ego hoped you'd be upset."

"Of course, I'm upset. You're still an important part of my life." I stood.

"How about I leave you two to talk for a bit?" Amanda nodded and took my seat.

"Could you get me a gin and tonic? I think I need something stronger to deal with this."

Getting her drink, I bought myself a bottled beer and stood outside the hotel. I could see the pair talking, then Amanda crying. Moments later, Max joined her. It was a little awkward watching this display of emotion, but moments later Max said something that had them both laughing.

I was most of the way through my bottle when Max called for me. Amanda had wiped away her tears and was examining her make up in a compact from her purse.

"Michael, and especially Amanda. I want you both to remember this. A message from a dying man. Life's too short and death too quick to put off until tomorrow what you want to do today. Live life to its fullest and don't let doubt cloud your judgement." I feel the last was directly at me as his eyes flicked from me to Amanda.

Shaking his hand, we left, but he called out.

"Don't worry, I'll keep your secret from my daughter."

Part 5

Outside, Amanda was quiet for a long while.

"I'm not sure if I should punch you or kiss you for making me go through that." She looked at me.

"Sorry, but I've seen far too many people who regret not having the chance to say goodbye. It hurts, but it's over with quickly. If you don't get the chance, it's a long, long ache instead."

"I suppose. And being a surgeon, I'm sure you've seen it more than most."

"How bad a surgeon do you think I am?" I tried to lighten the mood with a joke, however feeble. "I can understand if you want to go to our room. Or if you want to call it quits and head home now." That last was a problem, as we'd both been drinking.