All Comments on 'An Unforgettable Melody Ch. 02'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
dr_legodr_legoover 8 years ago
Amazing

There are way too many incomplete genie stories around. I really hope to see the end of this one!

richieyeahrichieyeahover 8 years ago
Definitely taking a like to your story

I'm definitely taking a like to your story, the genie chronicles by Joe Brolly being the first story chain i ever read on Literotica, and later on the a beautiful wish series bij the Gorilla.

the Genie stories do have a special appeal to me, i like your point of view at them and seem to recognize some elements of said authors. Wich can be considerd as a friendly salute to them while your writing in their universe.

please keep the chapters coming i can hardly wait for the next one.

P.S. are you familiar with the "a boy and his genie" series by DragoTime some nice Genie features in that series as well

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Not sure about to strong a religious angle, you can still be a good person without it.

auguy86auguy86over 8 years agoAuthor
Many thanks

I've been truly overwhelmed by the amount of support these stories have received in such a short time. I just kind of started this as a little hobby, not even sure if I would make it to the conclusion I have envisioned. Now, though, there's no way I'm not finishing this story!

To the previous post, I do realize that the religious angle is unorthodox for a story of this nature. However, with the main hero very much based on myself, personality wise, it fits in extremely well. I am well aware that this may not be well received by everyone, but I feel it's a fascinating angle with which to tackle the ethical side of things in a story like this one.

Additionally, without giving anything away, the religious aspects are also going to play a huge part as the story progresses and we find out more about Melody's past and how she came to be. Stay tuned!

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 8 years ago
Looking forward to more

Glad to see this is continuing. To get the criticism done early: watch the use of "To " and "too". Use "Too" where it means "also", I saw an instance where you used "to" instead of the correct "too", although I couldn't find it again to use as an example. Spellcheck will not catch those because although used incorrectly, the spelling is correct. Anyway, I find the use of beliefs to explain loyalty in romance to be refreshing even if unusual for an erotic story, but you already know that. I also like the "realistic" tone of the story so far. Joe's story, although fun,went sideways quickly

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
i see no conflict with

the combination of a mythical genie with a mythical god.. after all there have been over 2,500 gods that have been recorded in our history.. the addition of a mythical creature that controls people with the fear of burning forever in the fires of hell is a fairly good balance with an all loving genie whose whole purpose it to care for, protect and provide happiness for someone..... of course we all know that the genie will triumph over evil.

redlion75redlion75about 8 years ago

I wonder what would happen if he asked about her getting pregnant? if she was not able would that change things? will darcy show her jealous side and be brought in as a third?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Pfffhhh

Call of Duty? Realistic? PS3?

PC Master Race

Consoles are for peasants.

Battlefield 4 Lyfe

:p

Really though, great story, except for you know... the console stuff :)

auguy86auguy86almost 8 years agoAuthor
To each their own Anon

Really, the Call of Duty sequence was to showcase one of the hottest and most attractive traits I find in a woman: when she's unafraid to show just how good a gamer she really is. Anyway, glad you enjoyed. Thanks for reading!

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
juxtapositioning

of Genies and fundamentalism is unique in a story with graphic sex.

Going from the bedroom to church services is new for this site.

Sorry to read your opinion of the traditional school and classroom.

That too is unusual for this site and genre.

I hope that does not portend soapbox lectures and preaching.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 7 years ago
So... though inclusion of mainstream religion is rare on this site...

it's in no way a deal breaker...

The thing I find odd, or things in this case, is you comment about her (or was it genies in general?) having"unlimited power"... Granted, it was situational, but still "UNlimited" in regards to power seems contraire to a story which also includes God.

And "...nothing in the entire universe will ever be able to separate us. I promise." 

Again - "nothing"...? Not even God...?

Sure, I might find out in later chapters that genies/djinn/whatever only THOUGHT they were the top of the good chain... But it sure SOUNDS like they've been around a long time... You'd THINK they'd have noticed a more powerful being by now...?

Eh, whatever, just my observations...

auguy86auguy86over 7 years agoAuthor
Great observations, Ambivalence

You are correct, Melody's statement of "unlimited power" is highly situational, not only for her, but for all Genies and Jinn. Their powers are vast, greater than anything most humans could ever imagine, yet bound to the realm their powers are dedicated to. And yes, it is perfectly reasonable for Genies and Jinn to believe they are among the most powerful beings in existence. After all, assuming for argument's sake that God is real, He hasn't needed to truly reveal himself so obviously in centuries. He mainly did that in the Old Testament, as in those days He was not yet widely known throughout the world, and had to establish Himself as the only deity with any real power, as opposed to the various manmade gods of the day. Nowadays, on the other hand, a lighter, more subtle approach is preferred.

As for "nothing in the universe will ever be able to separate us," perhaps I should have phrased it as "nothing WILL ever separate us." God certainly could separate them, but as previously mentioned, He prefers a lighter touch nowadays. Nice catch on that one.

Glad to know you have found my story thought-provoking, and I hope you'll continue on to the end. Many of your questions about the role of Genies and Jinn in this universe are also expanded upon in my sequel, "A Bridge Between Worlds." You might want to give it a read next, if you feel so inclined. Thanks again for your comments!

auguy86

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Thank you.

It's always nice to find such a well written story on this site. A lot of what you see is just regurgitated over and over to the point of redundancy and I feel as though this is a nice take on the genie route.

Personally I don't have too much of a connection to religion or music, but I'm knowledgeable enough about both that I can appreciate how you're incorporating it.

pc31bpc31bover 6 years ago
Typo or cunning pun

I still cannot decide if Mike saying "I'll be as gentile as I can." was intentional. Very funny either way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I don't understand his need for God when he literally is sleeping with a god.

SandurSandur6 months ago

NEVER MORE TRUER WORD THAN WHAT SAID

"Melody, in today's modern world, I believe one of the biggest mistakes people make is to have the belief that 'sex creates intimacy.' I believe that giving yourself completely to someone else magnifies what's already there. If the relationship has trust, communication, and genuine love built on commitment, rather than desire, sex can only enhance that bond. However, if the relationship is built on superficial wants and desires, sex will, at best, bring nothing to the table or, at worst, cause the entire relationship to crumble.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...