All Comments on 'An Unforgettable Melody Ch. 05'

by auguy86

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
soreireisoreireiabout 8 years ago
Love it

Story is actually improving as it progress' and shows great story depth.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Great Addition

However, I have one question.

Which Smash Game?

auguy86auguy86about 8 years agoAuthor
Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Since the main character is based on me, and I only have a Wii

AhazuraAhazuraabout 8 years ago
thoroughly enjoying this series

thank you very much for sharing and keep up the good work.

FormerReaderFormerReaderabout 8 years ago
Great Chapter

Not all chapters need to be heavy on the sex to be good,if you have likeable characters. And these two certainly are. As the others said, they are starting to be fully developed. I think its amusing you and I also have similar views on the Star Wars movies. I'm beginning to wonder what Melody would make of Episode 7 LOL. Anyways, keep them coming and FYI you are on my favorite authors list now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
STAR WARS IS NOT SPACE OPERA

ITS SCIENCE FICTION YES BUT ITS SPACE FANTASY AT BEST

that is all. Great story otherwise.

auguy86auguy86almost 8 years agoAuthor
Sorry Anon, but you're wrong...

Star Wars has been described by George Lucas himself as a space opera. Go check out the Wikipedia page for Space Operas, and you'll find Star Wars listed as a notable example. Perhaps you meant that it's not an opera, in that it's not a story told by singing, which is true. However, space opera is a specific genre of film largely unrelated to musical stage operas.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
You are violating your own rules

Melody told Mike she was prohibited from reading his mind. But she is now doing it to Darcy?

With all her powers available to them, of all the things they could be doing together, they watch Star Wars and play video games?

IlliterateScholarIlliterateScholarabout 4 years ago
A writer who actually plays trumpet?

I played trumpet through middle and high school, and while I dropped it before starting college, I was in the top band in high school as a trumpet player, and also finished my senior year playing french horn for the second semester in the second-ranked band class (that is, I was in both bands, playing different instruments in each). Our school had a very large number of music students, so we had a pretty great reputation for having great music programs. I won't sit here and act like I was a great player. I mean, I was talented enough to have good pitch control and a fine sound, but I could never manage to read music well, nor could I ever improvise (Like... at all. And if you can't read music well, nor improvise, you can't play in an orchestra or make up for poor sight-reading by joining a jazz or pop music band).

Anyway, regardless of my setbacks as a musician, I loved to play and took it pretty seriously (hence, picking up french horn and learning to play it rather well). During senior year, I found a flugelhorn being used as decoration in a shoe store, and bought it off the owner for a hundred bucks. It quickly became one of my favorite instruments. I was stoked to see you mention it in the story, because they play like a trumpet, but you trade that brassy sound for this smooth, mellow tone that is just beautiful and relaxing. I love that brassy ring of a trumpet in marching band and big band/swing music (or Holst's Mars... God, there is nothing like pounding out that high, triple-fortissimo 5/4 section as the band's primary noisemaker), but the flugelhorn and french horn feel like they swaddle a band in warmth and hold it together.

I can't imagine anyone bringing up a flugelhorn in a story unless they actually play pretty seriously. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userauguy86@auguy86
1175 Followers
Welcome, readers! My name is M.H. Barton, also known as auguy86. I am an author of erotic literature, dabbling mostly in romance and sci-fi/fantasy. I have lived for my entire life in the southern United States, aka "The South." I live here with my fantastic and loving wife, ...