An Unwitting Discovery Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Go ahead, you open it," Katie said. "You'll each get one, I think we'll be able to finish all four bottles."

After twisting the metal fastener and removing it, I popped the top and the towel kept the cork from flying away. Dad took the cork and wrote the date on the side of it with a marker. Zane was next, then Suzan and lastly Adam with Dad marking each cork. We poured our own flutes full and then put some in Dan and Katies. We toasted and wished each other a happy new year and had strawberries. Katie and Dad exchanged some kind of look as they ate their berry and swallowed the contents of their flutes. That look didn't last long and they had a big kiss. Each of the sibling couples followed suit.

Suzan seemed lost in our embrace. I could tell that my earlier suspicion about our bedtime activities was probably correct. Although it'd be tough to top what she'd given me for my birthday, the previous morning and night, I knew no matter what we did, it'd be fun.

Dan and Katie only had one glass. He needed to get to bed so he could drive to the heliport in the morning. They wished us a good night and headed to the master bedroom.

"That's gotta suck," Adam said when they were in their room.

"It's the part Mom dislikes the most," Zane added.

"I grew up with it, so I guess I'm used to it," I told them.

We discussed trying to cheer Katie up by going to the Cuban restaurant the next day, as we finished off all four bottles. At the end we were beginning to feel like we should also take our lovers to bed. We wished one another good sleep and we parted company heading to our separate rooms. Zane and Adam went to the guest master, Suzan and I turned off the lights and were the last down the hall. Inside our room Suzan stripped down.

"It's going to be a little sad seeing them all go," she said. "Your dad is leaving and it seemed to bug Katie."

"Like I said earlier, I'm used to it. It's part of the bargain. He goes off to work; it pays for my school, this place and vacations. We'll all get back together though, I'm sure of that," I encouraged her as I stripped.

"Let's get a shower," she said. "The smoke tastes alright, but I don't want to sleep in it."

I agreed and we did our bathroom rituals before turning on the shower and stepping inside. After we'd dried, we went to bed and I made love to her.


~ Suzan ~

Saturday morning we all got up before Dan had to leave. He kissed Katie and got into his truck to head off to do his month on the rig. There was a significant change in mood with him gone. The four of us did find out where the Cuban restaurant was and we went with Katie. It seemed to cheer her some and she told us more stories of Lupe and her family. The owner overheard her story and insisted on giving her a special Copa Lolita, a small caramel flan that was served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Sunday morning, the day after Dan left, Zane and Adam had their car packed and were about ready to head out. It was 9:00 AM and Zane assured us they were going to stay the night in New Orleans. I told them the name of our restaurant and they were going to go. There was a long cycle of hugs from Katie, Suzan and me.

After Zane and Adam departed, Tommy and I went back inside to help take down the tree and put away the other holiday decorations. It took the better part of the morning and some of the afternoon. We had a couple of days to recuperate, but we would be leaving soon, as well. There was still laundry to do, and our own packing. We kept Katie company as much as we could, but she was doing better. It seemed to be the hardest for the first day after Dan left.

The days went by quickly and, soon, Tommy and I were heading back to NC State. After everything that happened on our trip to Corpus, it was going to be kind of nice to get back to school. It might be almost like a vacation for the first couple of weeks. I'd left our apartment in such a state of sadness, horror and worry, but would be returning more content about my life than I'd felt in a long while.

As we were leaving Aunt Katie told us, "You love one another. As far as the law goes, you're under no obligation to reveal anything you know. Just enjoy one another as you work to finish college."

Katie would now be alone, then, for the next three weeks, until Dan returned home, but I knew she'd handle it. I loved her quiet, reassuring strength. I really loved them both so much. They cared for us so dearly. Hugs were long and there were a few tears. As we drove away Tommy and I discussed the fact that Mama had given us very similar advice to Katie's and, if things went well, I might see Mama and Pete sometime next summer. Neither Tommy nor I would be forgetting this trip, or the experiences we had, during it.

The trip heading back home, to our apartment, was much more relaxed than the trip down. I was ecstatic with how things had worked out at Dad's, over the break. I couldn't have imagined a better outcome for our situation. We loved one another and were committed to being open with each other about everything -- and to remaining a couple until one or the other of us drew our last breath.


Copyright © 2018 by MindsMirror. All rights reserved.

Thanks for reading this story. It took a good deal of time to get all of the details straight. Please, take a few moments to vote or let us know what you think. -MindsMirror