Anathema Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He must get some sort of reponse because he continues, "They used to teach it as Levels One, Two, and Three. Most trackers are Level Three. Weak, they don't really phase much, and they don't take much during a feeding. There are no Level Two trackers in the Inhuman Division, though there are a couple in Asia I think. The Bureau of Inhuman Affairs boasts two Level One trackers, Nelda Barrientez and Kaya Jackson. I've had the great privelege and honor," he stresses that with a pat on my back, "of working with both of these ladies. And I can say they need to rethink that power level structure a bit when it comes to Kaya. The hunger you felt when you met her? That need in you to just get up and feed her? You're going to feel that for the entire hunt. It doesn't lessen even when she feeds because she's hunting. The little we feel from her as Feeders is nothing compared to the hunger she feels for the soul she hunts."

"Kaya is a Level One, but Nelda is listed as a Two and they've added a Level Four now," Quin says.

G shifts in front of me, "That's new, then, and probably more accurate to the power scale. Think of the lower levels as your standard service weapon. Common, relatively easy to use. They send those levels out with the local law enforcement. Level Two is your M24 sniper rifle. Harder to get your hands on, more expensive ammo. Then you get to Level One..."

".50 cal?" Quin interrupts.

More like a drone with targeted weapons systems," G corrects. His hand never stops moving on my back. "The first time this happened to me was with Nelda. Nobody told me not to touch her when she was hunting and all I could feel was her hunger. Nelda can't phase as far as Kaya, and I'm saying that knowing full well I've never seen Kaya fully phased."

It's silent for a while. I don't even mind that they were talking like I wasn't here. I didn't want to be here. Anywhere else that was at least halfway normal would be better than being in this closet right now. But I should know G isn't going to let that happen.

"She's going to need to touch you, Billings." G shifts, but I still don't look up. At least the tears have stopped for the moment. No need to look up and ruin that. "If you stay with her, this is going to happen again. You go into the bathroom and grab the first aid kit under the sink, clean yourself up, and let her ugly cry for a while. When her hair is no longer flashing, it's usually a good sign that you can touch her and she'll be okay touching you. Because she's going to need to know you're okay, that she didn't kill you or do anything more than give you a bad hickey. This is the worst it will get for you, Billings. If this is too much, get out now and I'll do this hunt with her and we'll go on with the temp Feeders."

Quin is quiet for a few long moments before I hear the shuffle of cloth and then feel a warmer hand on my back. "I'm okay, Kaya."

That brings the tears flooding back again as he pulls me away from G and into his lap. Through the blurry vision I manage to look at his shoulder where I bit him. He had to have been leaning over me when I did this or the bite would have been lower.

"I'm so sorry, Quin."

He kisses the top of my head as G stands and moves out of my closet. Looking down at me, he smiles and then walks out of the apartment without anymore words of wisdom or ugly crying comments.

"You don't have anything to be sorry about. He did tell me not to touch you. Now I know better," he lets out a short laugh. "What do you need to get this hunt started?"

"I need to pack, and you'll need to pack. Go home and come back here. We'll drive my vehicle." I stand out of his embrace and wipe my face, trying to get my shit together.