All Comments on 'Anchor's Aweigh'

by AnotherChapter

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lake of the Woods?

I think you have just done something to positively boost the tourist / boating industry of Kenora. As a former Manitoban, who has spent some time there, I couldn't help but send you a comment. I liked the story so I gave you a 5.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 3 years agoAuthor
To anonymous

Re: tourists, Yeah, we spend about 60 nights a summer out on Lake of the Woods and it is a fabulous lake for boating. Our boat is pretty much what is described in the story and the Channels and bays on the lake are endless. Covering 1700 sq. Miles with 14,500 islands there is lots of room for further adventures! Thanks for the comments!

Sunset154Sunset154over 3 years ago
Great Story

Great story, interesting to hear the location of the story. Grow up in Manitoba and spent time on lake of woods. I went and read your other story, enjoyed then as well. Keep up the writing, looking forward to your next story.

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Fun

Fun little Boating story. Glad our hero found a lady that loves boating as much was he does. 5*****!

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

Great story any chance of a sequel or series even? Really liked the characters and would like to visit with them again. Might heat up the sex a bit but if that isn’t your style the story was good.

Adding you to my follow list like what I see. I think you have the talent to be one of Literotica’s best. I like a good story with some sex where it naturally fits. You have the right mix just a little more heat and you are there.

5 stars for the story and potential. Keep writing practice really does make perfect. Looking forward to watching you develop your craft through future publications.

Cheers

SAGE

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Los of smiles in that story. Thanks for sharing. Top marks!

seekermikeseekermikeabout 3 years ago
U of M

Okay, first off you have five stars from me. Next off, I live in St Vital, right across the river from the university, and and pretty much grew up playing and working around L.o.t.W. The big thing that kept me from getting involved in boating out there is all the horror stories I’ve heard and witnessed over the years of boat damage hitting reefs and sandbars.... as highlighted in your story. The attention to detail is spot on and the flow was excellent.

Please keep it up.

KRD19254KRD19254about 3 years ago

Gee, I didn't think the ice ever left those lakes. Nice fantasy, but I'd rather be a Recluse.

/

5*, Hooyah, Salute...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great story, but ...

... it's anchors (not anchor's) aweigh

waifwaifabout 3 years ago

I am especially glad that you didn't take this story deep into fantasyland and have both women staying with him. The ending was great.

I have enjoyed each of your stories.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

You are such a good writer with knowledge of a lot of locales. Thanks.

calgarycamperscalgarycampersabout 3 years ago

You're killing me here. I grew up on Lake Of The Woods, but in the Rainy River area. You brought back a ton of memories and not of just the lake!

Great job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A fabulous fun outdoorsy romp with 3 interesting ambiverts!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think you should have at least set up Pat’s boss with a mugging 6 months after the divorce when you are sailing on your boat! It would make the reader understand that her boss didn’t get away with it!

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Great story, love it. AAAAA+++++

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

4 Stars for a decent story.

However, this is no such thing as a FRESHWATER REEF.

The lady drove the boat onto submerged rocks and that is all there is to it.

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years agoAuthor

Nixrox - “Reef” is not exclusive to oceans, nor to coral. Definition is any Ridge of rock, coral, sand or other relatively stable material that is below the surface of the water. the lake I boat on has many marked and labelled reefs.

Dubby49Dubby49about 2 years ago

The description of the girls hitting the rocks was hilarious.

One little pedantic quibble. - "the term is actually "anchor's a' weigh" meaning the anchor is up and down, ready for hauling in" First the term is ANCHOR AWEIGH not anchor's a'weigh. Second (ok a second quibble). Anchor aweigh is when the anchor breaks free of the bottom not when it is up and down. At that instant, the boat is no longer at anchor but is technically underway. The normal sequence of events/reports wen an anchor is being weighed (hauled in) is - anchor at long stay, short stay, up and down, aweigh, clear of water and housed.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 2 years ago

Very cute and enjoyable read! Nice to read a story where the location is very close to me. I am 2-3 hours West of that area. Thanks for this story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your stories go easy on the cheaters, too civil, no fucking payback....that is just wimpy and pathetic

tsgtcapttsgtcapt10 months ago

Enjoyed for the nth time! Don't really care if the nautical terms are perfect or close. Correct is great goal, a great read is a better goal - and this is a great read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAnotherChapter@AnotherChapter
Dear Readers, Just submitted another LW tale for your appraisal, but the gurus of Literotica have returned it to me. Why i am not sure, and i won’t waste much effort trying to decipher their motives. Maybe it is a timely hint that it is indeed appropriate for me to get back ...

SIMILAR Stories