All Comments on 'Ancient Love At Midnight'

by jacktar48

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
JKendallDaneJKendallDaneover 9 years ago
Excellent!

What a great tale. Loved the Native American theme. The plot was superb and executed perfectly. Definitely a five star contender for the contest.

SaucyminxSaucyminxover 9 years ago
Very sweet.

Your characters read as very real. Lovely. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
torn...

I like the idea story characters etc but the end was a but flat. I understand that many Native groups were pushed around and that record keeping was not only oral but when written not always kept up to date. But to say that the same comment he made when he gave her little Tom makes me question whay was there no family at all? I would like to have seen even a great grand child stepping into the home saying that the time had passed for them that they were in nightland. Or mr burns saying that they were a couple and went together. And if not fine but it also seems that Mr burns had not put together that the young Indian couple and the dead patients be one in the same. Which is what is usually fun about Halloween stories.

Good luck.

jacktar48jacktar48over 9 years agoAuthor
Thank you

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I do appreciate that.

For Anon:

Thanks for your input. I wanted to leave the reader with some mysteries to ponder.

Also consider this: At 100 years old, some native people find that their children have died or disappeared and do not speak their native language, their grandchildren, if they ever knew them, are scattered across the earth, and their great grandchildren never heard of them. It is a sad situation. The Cherokee Nation has made an effort to mitigate this with the "Wisdom Keepers" project, but some people still end up lost and forgotten.

That is true horror in my mind.

DeathAndTaxesDeathAndTaxesover 9 years ago
Awww

That was very sweet. Applause for you. I loved it! :)

I liked the depression-era dialogue, too. Reminds me of my grandparents, who were born then.

dogmom62dogmom62over 9 years ago
What Love is All About

Beautiful. Brought me to tears.

DarkShadowStarDarkShadowStarover 9 years ago
So beautiful

It was such a touching love story, and I really loved how they got one last dance to show their joy in being reunited.

KethandraKethandraover 9 years ago
Sweet, romantic, suspenseful.

Really enjoyed it. The end was a disappointment - I think because their final victory for love was told rather than shown. I'm not sure how else you could have done it, though. Still, you hit the romance button and the Halloween button, and nailed the period setting and dialogue in their memories. I felt taken back to their youth with them.

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

What a sweet, wonderful love story. really well done

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
The true meaning of sex :')

With so many so called Erotic stories... This one proved to deliver love with passion.. The kind of erotica that turns off people these days sadly, but I loved it , I could feel the tension of their youth and the warmth of their old age.. Lovely story :')

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous