All Comments on 'And a Diamond in the Middle'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 1 year ago

That was wonderful.

5* - only because more aren't allowed.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Darn spring allergies make my eyes water ... yeah that's why.

5 stars, of course.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 1 year ago

What a nice romance this story is. Thanks fore the work in writing and posting it for us readers. It is very much appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

There’s nothing wrong with the story, it’s the genre that’s the problem.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

A splendid and imaginative story!

5

VetusNoctuaVetusNoctuaabout 1 year ago

By Jove, an excellent piece of work; and not just because you have managed to stir a memory that is nearly half a century old! Many thanks from multiple motivations!

I was hiking solo in the Rockies when I came across a pool in a tiny stream that was absolutely gorgeous and felt so full of life and love that I found it hard to leave! I am so happy that Sam found what I felt. I just wish that I had been vouchsafed that day to receive the grace that Sam was blessed with!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 1 year ago

Beautifully written. What a magical story. Loved the mix of real life and mythology. Nice to see they found a way to achieve their very own Happy Ever After, too!

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfunabout 1 year ago

Meant to mention, this was an absolutely perfect St. Paddy's Day story, too!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithabout 1 year ago

Wow that was a beautiful tale!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

linnearlinnearabout 1 year ago

Wow, that was a wonderful story. I was weeping through quite a bit of it, good job.

redbaron172redbaron172about 1 year ago

Awesome!!!! Award winning writing!! Loved this story 5 ++++++++ stars all the way..

Davester37Davester37about 1 year ago

This is a touching and entertaining story, well told. It’s up to your usual stellar standards, and I enjoyed reading it very much. Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

dwoelfledwoelfleabout 1 year ago

Lovely folk tale brought current. Well done. Thank you.

ScottishTexanScottishTexanabout 1 year ago

Very nice! Thanks for your hard work! 4/5

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireabout 1 year agoAuthor

Author's Comment:

Thanks to all who have read and to those who have favorited, followed, and especially commented. Your comments and feedback help me improve as a writer so please keep them coming (and nice ones make me smile, even if there's no critical input!).

.

Unfortunately, in a post-publication read (after multiple reads and checks beforehand), I found a missing period at the bottom of Page 4 and a missing word at the top of page 5 (both within 3 paragraphs of each other) and one other little issue that would have been better as a different word. Please ignore them. Thanks!

MattblackUKMattblackUKabout 1 year ago

That was an excellent story weaving magic, myth ad romance. Nicely done, 5*.

technofrog2002technofrog2002about 1 year ago

This was a wonderful story. I loved it and i will be putting it in my favorites.

juanwildonejuanwildoneabout 1 year ago

Hi SC, Wow! What a fun story, appreciate the research you did and the way you shared it - facts are fine, good storytelling sublime.

Well done

TrionyxTrionyxabout 1 year ago

Well done. I’m not a fan of the supernatural but this one had me interested from the get go.

ender2k2kender2k2kabout 1 year ago

That was wonderful. Thanks

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitabout 1 year ago

That’s a really nice story. Kathy’s passing at a young age was sad, tragic, but you did her justice. The early menopause angle was not a stretch. My wife was perimenopausal at 35, then full blown menopause at 48. That was 2014, and she’s still having hot flashes 9 years later.

All in all, a great job for a fanciful story.

jlg07jlg07about 1 year ago

Outstanding story! Really enjoyed it!

steeltiger01steeltiger01about 1 year ago

Absolutely beautiful. A 5-star love story if there ever was one. Thank you.

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyabout 1 year ago

Fantastic story! Made for a wonderful reading time!

Definitely 5 stars and well worth the time to read!

So good reading had to favorite it so will likely read again.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading!!

Texican1830Texican1830about 1 year ago

Fun, fantastical story! Truly enjoyed that!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Standout story. Well written and a touching story line. These events are about the only time I run across one of your stories, but I may need to go searching.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Romance? Fantasy? Good plot, strong characters, good writing: 5 all the way!

LeRoyEdwardsLeRoyEdwardsabout 1 year ago

What a TOTALLY enchanting story line!!! I enjoyed your story to the max ☺️

WillDevoWillDevoabout 1 year ago

This was legit fun! You definitely deserved the invitation to the event, because it was a thoroughly engaging and enjoyable read. The way you depicted family dynamics as all age is realistic, too.

will_shakespearewill_shakespeareabout 1 year ago

Superb story, thank you.

inka2222inka2222about 1 year ago

Amazing story! Sad, inspiring, hopeful, interesting, engaging. Thank you!

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 1 year ago

Beautiful story superbly written!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox12 months ago

WOW oh WOW! Great story! I was totally mesmerized by this tale, I really can't give you enough stars! Thanks so much and KUDOS big time.

SatyrDickSatyrDick4 months ago

[16.013.24]

Excellent Story Crafting!

I really appreciate the depth of research you put into writing this story...adds a level of realism to this Happy/Tragic/Happy yarn.

11/10 Shamrock Hat Pins!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Loved the story and the characters! A BIG 5+!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories