All Comments on 'And I'm Pulling Out of Here to Win'

by YDB95

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Right

a story about a loser losing forever. Great story idea. I hope you have a miserable life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Pleasant read. Reinforces the mantra that you should not let things go too long.

QuietlyLurkingQuietlyLurkingover 8 years ago
Poor storytelling

Hurts what would probably be a four star story. The poorly managed remembrances and stilted dialog really muddy a fairly straight forward tale. Also, the title is poor.

fisheronefisheroneover 8 years ago
it needs reconnection

He needed to relocate missy even if it is later.

Did he get married ever?

Did she marry?

Needs closure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great start

We're is the rest of he story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Poor writing, stilted dialogue, not really finished either, he's still a loser all those years later.

happytechguyhappytechguyover 8 years ago

What an incredibly sad story! Just my preference, but I was not looking for something so sad when reading "romance". Should have been a different category or a sad ending warning up front. These two were so young, and easy to have made a mistake. She could have whispered "love you" instead of "read it at school" and he could have at least looked at it before hiding the book in the closet. To think of what she has been thinking for those 8 years, and does he realize how big a loser he is for not reading it? Why should she have written to him again? She wrote in the biik, he should have read it and contacted her about the invitation to visit. Anyway, I hope this may just be part one, with part two having them find love with each other or some type of happy ending. (I chose to read this because I liked your Somewhere Beyond the Lighthouse).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
well

that was sooo sad.

He should hate his mother.

I've been married 40 years and we married at 18, engaged for a year or so before that time.

I am tired of people thinking 18 is to young, its just many are immature till they hit their 30's, a lot of are normal and quite functional relationship wise at 18.

Needs a chapter on tracking her down.

redzingerredzingerover 8 years ago
I echo the other thoughts.

It feels a little sad and unfinished. I know that real life is more like that - there can't always be a happy ending - and I admire you for attempting a brave ending. But it feels like he just deserted her, which makes the hero seem a little weak, not a winner.

Good luck.

SampkyangSampkyangover 7 years ago
the ending

killed any romance. he never really loved her, she's lucky...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

It was interesting, reading the comments about this story, to see that I was not the only one who didn’t really care much for it.

rbloch66rbloch66about 2 years ago

Good story, but I was disappointed with the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ugh, that was terrible. He broke her heart and was a complete ass... I wish I knew what happened to her.

ScoratScoratabout 1 year ago

OK I love reading this author, if for no other reason than I loved 18th Street Intimacy. And this story is a lot like that one - feelings at the end of a relationship. I understand this site is nothing but fantasy but stories like this - the melancholy last moments of something you don't want to end - make it so much better than average. And the raging mother was a perfect ending, so neither of them had to take the blame. Didn't see that coming!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous