All Comments on 'And the Morning Mists Shall Rise'

by jfremont

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Follow up.

How about a part two?

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 8 years ago
DO NOT - ABSOLUTELY NOT

Even think about stopping NOW! This story has too many twists and turns to even think about not continuing it!

burningloveburningloveover 8 years ago
Keep Writing More, Please!

I've read all of your stories - all great writing! "And The Morning Mist Shall Rise" taught me about The Wilderness Trail (Google it) and screams for a sequel!

Very, very nice writing! All different and well developed!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
New Take

On an old tale - Germelshausen - and as later told by Lerner and Lowe in their Broadway stage production and later film, Brigadoon.

ReiDeBastosReiDeBastosover 8 years ago
Oops!!

Her tombstone read "HUSBAND of John"??

Other than that, a well done (if fairly predictable) story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great story, please also read Frederick Forsyth's short story Whispering Wind

Great story, there must be many unwritten stories like this where unknown but suspected historical facts create an idea that may reflect an earlier factual event. Please also read the short story by Frederick Forsyth, Whispering Wind.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I'm not . . .

fond of this genre, but the story is very nicely done.

Yet_Another_UserYet_Another_Userover 8 years ago
Evocative

This was a lovely story reminiscent of a place I've not yet visited. I've spent time in hills and valleys and your story shades in the feelings of place that can call to us.

I liked these people. If you write another chapter I'll gladly spend more time with them but I find I am satisfied with the beginnings hiked through and the loving future that you've alluded to.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
yes, yes, yes

By all means, please continue with some more chapters.

The ending just begs for the reader to learn more.

Caught me by surprise, but I loved it!

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Excellent

A very intriguing story.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketover 8 years ago
Further comment

This story could have and still can go in several directions. There is a what if element to it. My personal reaction to it was that I found it a bit disconcerting. It has a feel to it like "The Shepherd of The Hills," although considerable different. To say the least this is an extreamly well written story, with full description of the characters and the setting of the story. Like other commentators, I implore jfremont to continue this story.

JBOATJBOATover 8 years ago
Perfect the way it is

For one, I believe this story should stop here. Every thing is explained including their future. Your writing is elite for Literotica and exceptional anywhere. This is a beautiful story with more meaning for those of us descendants of those Scots-Irish pioneers.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Excellent story

Wonderful tale but the ending was a little disappointing. It ended too abruptly. Another story where Richard explains himself would be welcome.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
Very Fine Story

Extremely well written. The gentleman seems to have a way with women...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Very good story

Leaves you wanting more, but not sure if you aren't correct in having it end as it does

XandarXXandarXabout 8 years ago
One thing left undone...

The story was complete, EXCEPTIONALLY well written, and moved the mind in ways that spark the readers imagination.

One thing I note that was left "unfinished" in a way: She said she would wait for him. Did she? What became of that?

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
wonderful

I wish they had stayed a little longer

before returning to their tents

till the silver mist rose,

swirling round,

engulfing them.

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
A love story through time

A love story through time, but with several points without clarifying. Katie told him she was going to wait, but knowing he was not coming back.

Fog is the portal of travel through time, but time is not always coincident with the desired moment. Maybe Katherine is Katie's reincarnation?

A continuation of this story could lead to a less melancholic and equally happy ending.

5 * for you.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Very well done...

A beautiful, riveting story.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassover 5 years ago
Mystery in the Wilderness

Richard was sure he'd return to his Katie and marry her after their one-night-stand. Was it a dream? Time travel? Only the author knows. Whatever--it's an intriguing story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Romantic_Old_FoolRomantic_Old_Foolabout 1 year ago

As close to perfect as I have read since King's "Who killed the Colorado kid". I'm sorry to have to disagree with so many comments, but sometimes a story needs to end without an obvious conclusion. This is a prime example, the protagonists will continue with their lives in the readers minds. An invite string of possible directions, just like life. So glad I found this one, evocative and endearing. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous