Andy Comes Home - Michael

Story Info
Andy's friend Michael becomes very important.
7.2k words
4.45
4.6k
6

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/17/2023
Created 01/15/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This is a prequel for the Andy Comes Home series. It will all make sense in Andy Comes Home - 3, which should be posted very soon. I appreciate your comments and always reply to email. Oh, if you are seeking something fast, you might want to look elsewhere. Now, on with the story - I hope you enjoy it.

*****

It was a beautiful day in May. The temperature was perfect and there wasn't a cloud in the sky as I sat in the crowd at a graduation ceremony for those getting Master's Degrees. No, it wasn't my son, Andy, getting his Masters. I was there for his best friend, Michael. Andy graduated a year ago with his Bachelor Degree and was living with his boyfriend, Russel. As I thought about it, I really wasn't sure why Andy wasn't here to celebrate with his best friend.

Michael had been a part of our lives since Andy started college. They quickly became friends and Michael just became a member of our little family, which I think he needed. When Michael told his parents he was gay, they kicked him out. There was no room for a gay child in their home or hearts.

Andy and I became the family he didn't have. Michael was over at our house at least once or twice a month with Andy, spent every holiday with us, and he stayed during the summer break if he wasn't taking courses during the summer. In fact, I fixed up the guest room for him so he'd have a sense of belonging and a place to really call home.

Michael was very cute, or is he handsome? He was about 5'8" with a slim build that had some muscle on it. His hair was a thick golden brown that he wore in what I think is called a pixie cut - a style for guys and girls. Vibrant blue eyes dominated his face along with naturally long eyelashes. All-in-all I would even call him kind of pretty.

Andy and Michael would spend afternoons in the pool if they didn't need to study on the weekends they were home. Just watching them smile, laugh and interact was a joy to me. They just seemed to really care for one another. And, while this may make me sound like a bit of a perv, they both looked good in their speedo-style suits.

While Andy was just Andy, Michael seemed like he was flirting with me. The smiles. The looks. The little touches that might or might not have been innocent. The truth is that I loved the attention; I had not been on a date with anyone in years because I concentrated my time on Andy while he was growing up. And, now that I can date, I don't find many women to be attractive to me.

After time, Michael began to help me when I was preparing meals, getting them to the table, or cleaning up afterward. Andy had always helped; he knew that was what he should do. And, maybe Michael had figured out that being part of a family meant helping. But, when he helped me, he found ways to gently bump into me with his hip, or touch my arm as he reached for something. What was happening with Michael? I didn't know, but was sure I loved the attention he gave me.

One evening during his second year at college when it was just Andy and me, I asked him about Micahael and the attention he gave me. He looked at me as if I had two heads and just smiled.

"Dad," he said smiling, "Michael loves you."

"I understand that he loves being part of a family," I replied, "he doesn't have one."

"No, Dad, he loves you. Like really loves you."

I looked at Andy. How could that be? Michael is young and so cute, how could he possibly see me like that? Yes, he was a couple of years older than Andy because he had taken two years to volunteer his time with Americorps, and then start college. I was still 15-18 years older than Michael. How could he see me like that?

"How could he love me," I asked Andy.

"You don't see it, do you," Andy said. "You are caring, loving, intelligent, giving, successful, and really good looking; all of my friends just want you to curl up in your arms and make you happy," he told me.

I raised my eyebrows in doubt. Andy became a bit impatient at my response.

"Oh, Dad, they just want you to fuck their brains out," he said with a matter of fact seriousness. "The difference is that Michael wants that, but loves you, too."

"Wow, I don't know what to say and am still a bit bewildered," I told him honestly. "Michael has his whole life in front of him."

"Talk with him the next time he's here, okay," Andy suggested. "Let me know how it goes, please."

"I will do just that," I said as I nodded slowly, "and will let you know."

"Thanks, Dad, you're the best," Andy said as he wrapped his arms around me.

What was I going to say to Michael? I couldn't just dismiss him or his feelings, and if the truth were known I had more feelings for him than I was willing to admit. But, I had to be the adult in the room when we talked. I always wanted the best for Michael. He was too young to know what that might be.

I hoped that would work.

The next weekend Andy and Michael were over. Projects and papers were done and turned in, so it was time to just relax and catch up on sleep. I was sitting on the patio after dinner by myself watching the sun go down thinking about Michael and what I was going to say when the door from the house opened and Michael walked out.

"Hey, Michael. Join me," I asked. He smiled and sat down. I looked at him, and after all of this time, I could tell he was a bit nervous, although he tried to hide it.

"How are you," I asked with genuine concern. "Get everything done for school?"

"I'm pretty good," he said softly. "And, yeah, everything got done." A couple of beats went by as we just looked at one another smiling.

"Andy told me he talked with you last week," Michael started.

"He did, and what he said surprised me; it still does," I told him as I put my hand on his to try and reassure him that no matter what was said between us, he was still family.

"Why would it surprise you," he asked and there was a subtle challenge to his voice. "Don't you think someone could love you?"

"It's been a long time since I have even considered that, Michael," my voice low and gentle. "Do I think you are sincere? I do..."

"I love you, Jim," he interrupted. There it was. Out in the open between us.

"Thank you. For the last week I have done little but think about you and what's best. I have learned a few things," I told him. I paused and looked at him; felt his hand trembling under mine. "First, Michael, I have come to realize that I love you as well. You have all of the qualities I seek in another person. Empathy, caring, intelligence, a smile to die for, and you are really... beautiful in my eyes." There were tears in his eyes.

"Michael, you are still young. Still in college. Still learning and having experiences. Still growing and learning who you are to some degree, and I don't want to hinder or stop that process. And, because I love you, I want the very best for you, even if it isn't me."

"But, Jim," he started.

"Please let me finish, Michael. You are part of this family and that will never change. Your home will always be here, with us...with me, if you want it. So, here is what I'd like you to think about. You have two more years until you finish your Masters. I will be at your graduation, and if you believe you still love me, I will accept it as true and welcome you into my life as my lover, boyfriend, or whatever label you want to put on it."

I sat there and watched him consider my words. I could literally see the process taking place as the gears turned in his mind. I didn't tell him no, He knew me to be a person who was honest and once I said something, I stuck by it. There was comfort in that for him.

"But, what if you find someone. Or, someone finds you," he asked reasonably.

"Not going to happen," I told him. "I have given you my word that I will be at your graduation to learn about your feelings for me. Only death will keep me from being there. But, during the next two years learn, grow and experience life."

He slowly stopped trembling and smiled softly. Then, I saw the return of the confidence I knew he had. I didn't shut him down, I left him with hope and a promise. I must really love this young man to have made that promise, I thought. With that thought running through my mind, I lifted his hand to my lips and kissed it gently with a smile.

"Okay," I asked.

"Yes," he said softly and added, "sealed with a kiss."

During the next two years he and Andy were home as much as they could, until Andy became involved with Russell, his boyfriend. Then, it was just Michael who would come by to relax and just hang out. We really got to know one another pretty well during that time.

During the last year of Michael's Master's Program, he was really busy and I didn't see him after the Christmas Break until the day of his graduation. During the past five years, that was the longest we had ever gone without seeing one another. Yes, we exchanged emails and texts. A few late night calls when the work was a bit overwhelming to him and he needed a word of encouragement.

During that time, I did some remodeling to the house. New kitchen, bathrooms, flooring, paint inside and out, and new comfortable furniture. It was all done on a tight time schedule; I wanted it done before Michael's graduation. I was very lucky to find a great architect and construction firm. I even had the landscaping done!

So, there I was sitting under the lovely blue sky watching Michael being awarded his Master's Degree. I felt so much pride for him and his accomplishments. I felt like a proud parent and maybe a proud lover. In case it was the latter, I had arranged for a vacation to the desert for us - I knew we both liked the desert.

I kept looking for Andy. He should be here to see Michael get his degree. But, I didn't see him and on a happy day, I felt sadness.

After the graduation, people were milling around, getting pictures and talking about future plans, or jobs they had already lined up. I knew Michael had the job he wanted with a wealth management firm starting October 1st.

I stood off to the side just watching and looking for Michael. I caught glimpses of him as he talked with others, seeing his wonderful smile. He seemed to know everyone and as I watched him approach various groups, everyone was genuinely happy to see him. Yeah, I did swell with a bit of pride once more. I knew he saw me because he made sure to catch my attention every few minutes.

Then, he was walking toward me. Confidence shining in his face and step. He looked radiant, but I might have been a bit biased. Of course, I was nervous because I wasn't sure I knew what he was going to tell me. I knew that I would accept anything he said, after all, I told him to grow and experience life, right? The closer he got, the more nervous I became. God, I was trembling a bit.

Then he was standing right in front of me.

"Hi," I said softly. "Congratulations."

"Thank you," he replied with a smile.

Looking into his bright blue eyes and his smooth, radiant face, I fell more in love with him, but I couldn't let it show or influence what he was going to say. I had to be willing to accept it no matter what.

He slipped his arms around my neck and as we hugged one another, he whispered,

"I love you."

I pulled my face back just a bit so I could look at him. There were tears falling from his eyes as he smiled. And, then I felt tears in my eyes. Without thinking, I brought my lips to his for a kiss that started softly, but quickly became a toe curling, soul searching kiss that seemed to go on and on. Our tongues danced to a music only we could hear. When we broke the kiss, both of us were panting.

Breaking us out of our own world were applause and catcalls from the other graduates. I looked over and felt a bit embarrassed to be the center of so much attention. Then I looked into Michael's eyes and he saw my question.

"They all knew. They got so tired of me talking about you for the past two years," he told me with a smile. "And, for an old man, you can kiss really well," he said with a teasing smile.

"I love you," I told him, "and I think I'm out of practice. That's my first kiss like that in many, many years."

"Want to practice again," he asked.

With that I brought my lips to his and we kissed even more intensely. More passionately, which I guess could be seen.

"Get a room," someone yelled.

"Hey, there're kids here," another called out.

When we broke the kiss, Michael turned his face toward them and just stuck out his tongue and we both started laughing. We literally walked off into the sunset with arms around one another as I told him we were going to the desert after eating and I hoped he could put a few things into a suitcase quickly. What he couldn't pack in five minutes, we'd get for him. He smiled and gave me a kiss on the cheek as we walked to my car.

We went to our late lunch, or was it an early dinner, at one of Michael's favorite Italian places. Even in the later afternoon, it was dark inside with candles on the table; very romantic. The candlelight just danced in his blue eyes.

It didn't take us long to order and since we had a 90 minute drive ahead of us, neither one of us had wine. After ordering Michael put his hand on the table and I covered it with mine without a word. We were very happy. Such a simple statement, but so true. Then, I noticed a cloud slip across his face.

"What is it, Michael?"

A beat went by. Another beat. I watched him as he collected his thoughts. He seemed nervous and hesitant. He had to start speaking in his own time. Clearly he thought it was something very important and might cause a problem.

"Jim," he began softly, "during the past two years I have had some discoveries, which I know you expected. I just don't know if you anticipated these kinds of discoveries." He paused and looked directly into my eyes. I returned his look and smiled softly.

"Michael, you're right. I expected you to change, or at least have the opportunity to explore and change." I thought I knew where he was headed and wanted to make it easier on him by at least introducing the topic. "For instance, I noticed changes to your hair. It's styled a bit more and seems to have more light colors in it. I have to tell you that it looks so great," I told him as my fingers touched his hair. A weight seemed to be lifted from his shoulders as he smiled again.

"It's called highlighting and I am so glad you like it," he told me. "But it goes farther than that. I am more in touch with my feminine side," as he finished telling me he bit his lower lip waiting for my reaction.

I looked at him again. Looked at his facial structure, his shoulders, and then at his hands, but this time I looked at his nails. They had been manicured and seemed to have a clear coat of something on them. I closed my eyes and imagined him in a dress and then in lingerie. If he was anything close to what I imagined, he would be incredible.

"Baby, what should I call you." I asked. "Certainly not Michael."

"Michelle," he told me softly.

"I am so pleased to meet you, Michelle. I'm Jim," I said. Michelle beamed and I swear even giggled! "So, when do I use what name? Calling you Michelle now, dressed like that, doesn't seem quite right?"

"When I am dressed as a boy, call me Em, like the letter. When I am dressed as a woman, Michelle," I was told. "Jim, I always feel like a girl or woman in my heart," she told me with a small smile.

"You're not angry," she asked.

"Why would I be angry? You haven't changed the person in your heart, have you," I asked.

"No."

"So, I get to be with a younger, very hot babe who loves me. Where's the downside? Oh, it might take you longer than five minutes to pack, right?" I was trying to make her comfortable and let her know I accepted her no matter what.

"Yes,"she said smiling, "it will take me longer than five minutes. Being beautiful takes 'stuff,' you know."

"Hey," brightening as I nodded, "does this mean we get to go shopping for you? If so, bring an empty suitcase if you have one." Her response was laughing and slapping my shoulder. "Accept it. Em, I'm going to spoil you."

"And, Jim, you have no idea how I will spoil you," she said with an almost evil grin

Our meal was served and consumed while we had a wonderful chat. I paid, left the tip and we went to her apartment so she could pack. I waited in the car as she told me to do since she didn't want me watching. The afternoon was cooling, so I slipped on a sweater while I waited.

I had been waiting about 30 minutes when I received a text to come and help her with her bags. I got to her door and just before I knocked it opened to an exquisite sight. Michelle was standing there in comfortable khakis and a tight v-neck sweater that highlighted her hardened nipples. I had never thought about how sexy that could be before. How sexy and so very feminine, even though she gave off more of an androgynous look. Okay, I don't really know how she did it, but she looked great.

"Don't just stand there with your mouth open. Why don't you grab a bag or two," she said with a bewitching smile.

I shut my mouth and did just what she asked.

It turned out to be two suitcases and something like a carry-on. One of the suitcases was empty as I suggested, which she took. I grabbed the other two and put them in the car.

We were off to the desert. As we were waiting at a stop light before getting on the freeway, I could see something was on her mind.

"What is it," I asked. "What question do you want to ask me?"

"It might seem like a strange question," she started softly, "but why doesn't it bother you?"

"You being in touch with your feminine side," I asked.

"Mmmmhmmm," she said nodding.

"That's an easy one," I said as I pulled over to the side of the road. "May I have your phone?" She gave it to me and in less than two minutes I handed it back to her. I had opened it to the Lit site showing a specific list of stories by one person.

"And?"

"I wrote them during the last two or three years," I told her. "They will tell you why I am not angry or disappointed." Then I pulled back into traffic and got on the freeway.

About two minutes later I heard what I hoped was a happy scream and then laughing.

"You wrote these," she asked.

"Yes."

"I love all of these stories. They're great. I gave them all five stars and even wrote you a note telling you," she told me.

"Did I reply," I asked, knowing that I did since I replied to all notes.

"You did and I loved it."

I could feel an air of underlying tension leave the car. The 90 minute drive passed so quickly. We laughed and talked the entire time as we re-established our relationship, or were starting a new one.

I drove right to the house, I had used it several times by myself, which was very private and nice. Built in the 1960's, it was a mid-century modern style complete with pool and well designed landscaping. The property had a wall surrounding it, which was common for the area and a gate that opened at the push of a remote.

"Wow," was all Michelle could say as she looked around in the fading twilight. As she scanned the home, the exterior lights came on which just highlighted how lovely the house was - and which caused her to gasp.

"Welcome to our home for the next ten days," I told her.

"Thank you, Jim," she said quietly. I didn't expect anything like this."

I got out of the car and then opened her door for her. She walked around the front for a few minutes as I got the bags out of the car and put them near the front door. Then, I returned to stand next to her.

"Just wait until you see it in the morning," I told her.

"This is really expensive. How can you afford it," she asked with a sudden realization.

"I've lived by a budget for a lot of years in order to save and invest. I can't think of a better way to spend a few dollars than on the person I love," I told her quietly. She just smiled and put her arm around me as we walked to the front door.

12