All Comments on 'Andy, Marilyn and Me'

by Charles_Bovary

Sort by:
  • 74 Comments
Hardday1953Hardday19534 months ago

Nicely done, no errors or problems!!!! 5 Stars

SequoiaSempervirensSequoiaSempervirens4 months ago

Great story! Loved how the cheaters got what they deserved. Very well paced. Five stars. Thanks for sharing.

Vandemonium1Vandemonium14 months ago

What an imaginative story, well done.

MightyheartMightyheart4 months ago

5/5

Outstanding!

Great plot and original

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight4 months ago

Nice job. I enjoyed this one. Thanks for posting it.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

Really well done on every level. Several plot lines nicely intertwined accompanied by balanced narration and dialogue. I think we all suspected the real painting was somewhere, but I missed the foreshadowing early on - well done. 4.5*

miket0422miket04224 months ago

Well written. Love that the author kept the plot twist hidden yet, didn't make it seem forced or contrived.

tangledweedtangledweed4 months ago

Clever like an old school Agatha Christie ending. You knew the switch was on, but not the how, where and when, until justice was meted out to the villains and all was revealed. Full marks on this one.

statestreetstatestreet4 months ago

I liked reading this very much. Thank you! 5*

BarryJames1952BarryJames19524 months ago

Beautiful work. Well written, engaging, and a spectacular ending. 5 big, beautiful, well earned stars.

Driven2ReadDriven2Read4 months ago

5* great story with everyone getting what they deserve ....

gatorhermitgatorhermit4 months ago
Clever Story

Intriguing and well-written mystery story! And a happy ending as well. Wish we had more stories like this one in LW.

cpl8140cpl81404 months ago

5* Happy to see your work on Literotica again!

imhaplessimhapless4 months ago

Cute and not the S O S; 5*

LaneBagginsLaneBaggins4 months ago

What no Martian Slut Ray, no wimpy crying husband who vomits at hearing his wife hanging the horns on him, a realistic reason for a wife to cheat and a happy ending all in a story crafted into a witty and enjoyable read. Well done. 😊😊😊😊😊.

BlueFox007BlueFox0074 months ago

We’ll done. It is wonderful to read such a well written story. Thank you.

5 *****.

DontPanic442DontPanic4424 months ago

Wonderful story. Thank you.

nyc1975nyc19754 months ago

Daniel's only choice was to donate it. If he inherited it, he had no way to come with the $50 million or so in estate tax that would be owed. Therefore, he'd have to sell it to raise the tax money. Not a lawyer but I'm pretty sure the two conditions of the will involving Susan and Grant are unenforceable. Finally, a UPenn grad only able to get a job as a telemarketer? C'mon man.

Otherwise, an amusing take a bit different from typical LW fare. 4*

MormonJackMormonJack4 months ago

5 stars. Thank you!

If I were their attorney, I would have suggested that the screen be placed in a family trust, and have a contract with the museum to display it.

sdc97230sdc972304 months ago

Anything Daniel actually inherited would have to have been shared with his cheating wife in the divorce, so there was no way he'd ever get to keep the painting, and probably not his father's house, either. But my guess is that when Daniel's father rewrote his will to leave everything to Paloma he had already figured out that his son and his nurse would eventually end up together,

IMO the logic of the will makes sense. You can generally require your heirs to do anything you want that isn't illegal to receive their inheritance, and the will merely states that if the Birch Grove doesn't comply with the conditions imposed on it the painting will be left to another museum instead. One that has enough legal resources to steamroll over Birch Grove.

Susan is a UPenn grad who got fired from her position. And with a previously unknown $195M+ work by a world famous artist involved, it's inevitable that the circumstances of the will and her and Nicholson's behavior and subsequent firings will somehow become known and the two cheaters will both become international laughing stocks who no organization will want to be associated with. It's a shame the story didn't go into these consequences.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle4 months ago

He has an Andy Warhol in a house? I don’t care what kind of security you think they have, it won’t be enough.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well written, 4 stars. Personally not a fan of the commercial like reference to the somewhat unproven Mediterranean diet, nor the favoritism towards immigrants, underpinnings are too political.

silentsoundsilentsound4 months ago

Nice little tale.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Awesome

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A top notch story. Well told, with snow excellent twist. Five solid stats.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I agree with tangled below about his Agatha Christie comment. Well said!

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Just wow. Perfect story. Easy 5*

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

5 stars - I liked this story, and it was exactly what I needed this cold January morning.

Have a nice day and happy 2024.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Thanks to the author for giving us a Goldilocks story. Just the right length, outrage, betrayal and retribution. And a believable happy ending to boot!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"But Susan had been intelligent." - Shouldn't that be "was intelligent?" "Had been" implies that she no longer is intelligent.

\

"I think I know what your wife is planning," - Tell us! What is she planning? How can she get around the inheritance?

\

Even though his father is dead, probate takes a while, he's going to file for divorce before the will clears probate. And we still don't know his wife's plan, nor his attorney's plan to counter it.

\

"Daniel asked her to put his divorce on hold." - WTF? Knowing Susan's plot, why give her wiggle room?

\

"The list of steps he would have to take in conjunction with the probate process was a lengthy one." - As I said earlier. The will probably won't have cleared probate before either divorce petition is heard.

\

With her desire to get a new meal ticket, the alimony won't last too long.

\

"(she hadn't moved after Senor Morgan's passing)," - Of course she didn't move, the house was left to her.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon4 months ago

Outstanding! A new twist on the LW theme.

muskyboymuskyboy4 months ago

Cheating wife walked away unscathed!!!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Glad to see you post another good story. Thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

What a wonderful story! I can't believe this my first encounter with this author's work but I intend to make damned sure it won't be my last. Everything about this work was so right. even Susan was the most believable self entitled, social climbing wife I've ever read on these pages and instead of the usual "I've been a loving and loyal wife for 25 years so I deserve to be allowed to take a lover" drivel Susan was imbued with a series of gripes that a person as selfish as her would allow to fester into a complex and so her motive for cheating was all too credible. Even the sex scene when Daniel and Paloma coupled for the first time hit just the right tone, with just the right amount of detail to add further passion and tension but not so much as to cheapen it.

What a pity I can only score it five stars as it deserves so much more. My sincere thanks to the author for making my day!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A really good story, a rare one where values, honesty and morals are showed as much better value than the usual money and sex. In the ocean of unrealistic cheating-cuck fantasies, this is one rare little pearl that bring some light to this overflooded cucking-wives category. So, 10+ stars well deserved. Keep going.

Hooked1957Hooked19574 months ago

Kudos and thanks for a well-constructed and well-written story. Please do another soon.

Hooked

rruymannrruymann4 months ago

I LOVE IT1111111

Cracker270Cracker2704 months ago

Great story, well done. Thank you and may I have another please

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Wonderful ending!

5

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGo4 months ago

What a great BTB tale! 5 effing stars!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThree4 months ago

Well done.

What an interesting and delightful story!

Thanks CB.

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Excellent

Mankind plans and plots while God laughs.

Divorced wife and Divorced Lover bite the dust so to speak while Husband seems to not want wealth or status.

RCD

Billy_Ray_BanBilly_Ray_Ban4 months ago

This was fun! Thank you! 5/5 BRB

xMulexMule4 months ago

5*

Before the will was read, I thought he would bequeth the Warhol to Paloma then Daniel would get it back when they hooked up. Happy you didn't take the obvious path.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Enjoyed the story, and welcome back. :)

WetheNorthWetheNorth4 months ago

The writing is far to good for this site

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Cute story, but certainly not erotic. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

Norseman123Norseman1234 months ago

Great story 5*****

ibuguseribuguser4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

What a story and a superb ending.

sdc97230sdc972304 months ago

Ezra's will specifically said, "The second bequest concerns the Andy Warhol hanging in my living room." So it could have been argued that the fake Warhol hanging in the living room was indeed the one being left to the museum, and Daniel could have maintained that the real one that had been in his possession for years had been given to him by Ezra as a gift. But then he would have had to sell it to pay the inheritance tax and split what was left with Susan. Better to complete the donation...after the revelation of the fake had destroyed Nicholson's career and marriage.

Daniel was never interested in material things. As he said to Susan, "family, friends, community," were his priorities in life. He was content with his career in academia and was very good at it, as evidenced by the students who had been worried about him. So he had the friends and community, as Paloma and Marcos filled the hole in his life that Ezra's death and Susan's betrayal had created.

Sumnut96Sumnut964 months ago

Clever and tricky. Well written. 5 stars DMW aka

Karn9Karn93 months ago

A good story 4*

Regguy69Regguy693 months ago

It's been a while since I've seen an LW story so well-written, Thank you, CB, for the entertainment.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

All is well that ends well. Nicely Done! 5*.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Legally his inherited art is not communal property

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit3 months ago

A good plot, tense, fast-paced, pretty well written thriller! Flows well, so it's very easy to follow, even for us seniors, eh-pardon? Congratulations! Five-stars! Well-done! Thank you!

-Richard Fitzwellyn.

mattenwmattenw3 months ago

Yes, you can only applaud that. Well done!

XluckyleeXluckylee3 months ago

A very well written story. I enjoyed everything about the story. 5 stars from Xluckylee

OOAAOOAA3 months ago

GREAT story!!!! Well done! 5 stars from here ;)

dgfergiedgfergie3 months ago

A very good story. Amazing how Karma balances everything out....................

MrBill323MrBill3233 months ago

Nice Very nice Everybody who deserves it gets fucked over

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Clever and well written! Full Marks - 5

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Paloma is a Bengali name. BTW 5* from me.

inka2222inka22222 months ago

4.5 stars. I took 1 star off because if he was REAL smart, his will would have stipulated that the ex wife would have been demoted with no pay decrease BUT fired once divorce was complete, so she wouldn't get spousal support which just rewards her bad behavior. Also, personally I think giving the painting to the museum is rather bad idea, but the author gave some sort of excuse in MC's mind so can't take points off for that.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades26 days ago

Good story, enjoyed the telling. Thanks for your writing.

NegateGivityNegateGivity10 days ago

I liked it. I would suggest tacking on an Epilog with Susan learning about Grant's embarrassing fall. And her learning that all her schemes were pointless. So now she's worse off than she was and her aspirations were doomed from before she even started.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous