All Comments on 'Angel, Demons Pt. 07'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

I've struggled along through six chapters. I couldn't do six more pages of this crazy psycho drama. I skipped to the last page. I'm sure the girl is dead, or near enough to it. The girl was a basket of issues when she met the woman, but the woman dismantled her without bothering to put her back together. Every time the girl ran away and returned there was less of her, and still the woman dismantled more. A marble clattering around a rusty old can until it is spilled out and swept down the gutter. The woman is very damaged herself, little different than the real life killers who seek macabre ways to keep their chosen ones with them forever. Have you whipped and beaten us enough? May we be set free? The ennui and nihilism has become crushing.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 6 years ago
The epilogue...

The epilogue is quite typical of internet relationships where you never quite know the person looking at the other screen.

Good story nevertheless. Loved the writing style and descriptions as always.

StarcrestStarcrestover 4 years ago
Fascinating

Normally at the first word of the mention s*** I find something else to read. For some reason I can choose to read all of the entire chapters because I felt compelled to for some reason. I don't know if this was a fantasy of someone, yourself or some form of real life experience. I was perplexed and delighted with the entire works. Thank you for sharing this with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A fantasy is always true, because it just is, what it is, and thus cannot be false.

That's exactly what I perceive as the essence and the beauty of fantasy. "Die Gedanken sind frei..."

Fantasy depends on compartmentalization. I can relish things in my fantasy world that I'd never do or even consider doing in reality.

It usually turns very ugly very fast, when one tries to transfer fantasy into the realm of real life. The pitfall of virtual 'relationships' is that they're only shared fantasies, where even the real existence of people and the degrees of sharing are highly dubious. Trust or betrayal in a shared fantasy is still fantasy, and true only in the sense everything in a fantasy is, by default. Sometimes we are tempted to mix fantasy and reality, sometimes we're not able to draw the line. That's when it get's really dangerous.

Thank you for a wonderfully romantic fantasy.

PurplePlungerPurplePlungerabout 4 years ago
I was hypnotised until the end

What a terrific and sensitive tale of the lives of four people. Thank you. I hope that time heals.

ToranAllairesToranAllairesabout 4 years ago
Compelling, disturbing, brutally honest

This is a wonderful little tale. It kept me on edge throughout and was made even more poignant by the epilog. The writing is superb - without proper tools, the story would not have been told as effectively. But the brutal honesty - that drew me in and kept me until the final word. I felt pity for both women as they both faced down their own demons. The girl is almost a poster child for anyone who keeps a beast locked away inside, one feared and loved at the same time, only letting it out on a leash that inevitably breaks. The fleeing and returning is honest, painful. The woman's hubris and overwhelming desire is also painful, as the story unfolds her reaching out, pushing, seeking and then ultimately repeatedly rejected. I thought the pushing was extreme in some ways, but that's the nature of fantasy. In the end, the beast is ours to tame or cage. Our decision. Thank you so much for this story! One I won't soon forget!

TangledUpInYou2TangledUpInYou28 months ago

This was masterfully written. The first thing I've read on this site that strikes me as true literature. It was poignant and beautiful, at times depressing and slightly off-putting, but it was never dull, clumsy or contrived. Several times while reading it I thought that it felt way too real, too awfully honest, to be nothing more than fiction. I think the inclusion of the author's real life inspiration for the story at the end was exactly the right note to end things on. Thank you for allowing us a glimpse into yourself. It couldn't have been easy, but hopefully it was worth it.

☆☆☆☆☆

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1326 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES