All Comments on 'Angels and Guardians Pt. 06'

by photodad

Sort by:
  • 17 Comments
catman71catman71over 14 years ago
had to read it all

its 2 in the morning and i had to read the entire thing at one sitting, the funeral and wake are written with such a touching manner that i commend you. hope this story goes for awhile and that all end up happy ( or somewhat so, in a realist and you do not pull punches) so bravissimo and contiuned success

RhikityRhikityover 14 years ago
Great

I am going to fail my assignments but i just had to read this and ditched all my homework to read it in one sitting. hope you contiune the story for a while as i really like the characters and plot. this part was sad and i shed a tear for joe! :(

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Nothing gets a story going like...

Dead parents. Poor little rich boy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Too perfect. . .

I'm sorry, but Joe's too perfect. Ashley's too perfect. Everything and everyone in this story is too perfect. Funny thing is, I like this series, and I gave this chapter a solid 4 out of 5 because it's a compelling story, but. . . well, like I said, everyone's a little too perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great Read

The comment from "anonymous" stating "Poor Little Rich Boy" and his rating of 00, confuses me. If it was so bad, how did he get through all 40 segments of the story over the last few weeks??? Why didn't he just hang up and go back to the porn he must find so entertaining???

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Brilliant!

That goes for the whole series. The characters are real and perfect. That's the thing with writing fiction, you can mold your characters just the way you want them to be. This chapter in particular was sad and felt so real I shed a few tears for Joe and Ashley. What I also liked was that now that Joe is in the forefront in running the company, him doing a great job of it isn't unbelievable considering how informed his parents kept him on all company matters, not forgetting his input into the company as well. Well done on a superbly written series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Really good series

I have really liked this series and this chapter was very good and makes me want to know more, I can't wait for the next chapter keep on writing

photodadphotodadover 14 years agoAuthor
Note from author.

Thank you all for reading! I've gotten more votes on this part than parts 2-5, and almost as many comments as part 1. Overwhelmingly, the feedback has been very generous, and I appreciate it greatly. The negative comments, while they hurt, are useful in that they make me reflect on how I write and what I could do better. Certainly, they could be more constructive, but oh well.

I was especially happy with the number of responses so far, because it shows that this part tugged at emotional heartstrings. Thank God, because it would have been crappy to have put so much time into it only to fall flat like Part 3. (Part 3's lackluster performance was expected as it was mostly character building.) Between writing, editing, and tweaking sections, Part 6 took about half of the entire time spent writing this series so far. And my wife hasn't even read the raw copy yet. Grr.

Anywho, if you haven't voted on each part of this series, please do so. Whatever your honest opinion is.

Thanks again,

photodad

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
You can....

I LOVE the whole series and can't wait for more! However,I think you've made the other characters less than perfect but built Joe and ashley way to perfect that it seems unreal although ashleys emotional problems are an issue... Maybe you can add something about joes character that makes him a little less "perfect" and likewise for Ashley... All in all I can not wait for your next update!! Waiting patiently for next installment...

canndcanndalmost 14 years ago
comments up to p.3

WOW! I am blown away by the quality of this story. photodad- hope you are trying to get it published. I'd love to know how many pages this has worked out to be! The story is amazing and now it is sad as hell! I can't believe he has lost his parents. They were good people and it is so sad they died.

I guess now it makes sense as to why they were able to spend money like drunken sailors! :) And even to why a news station might give away college educations to appease Joe/his parents given their power (my only 'criticism' in earlier posts involved these two issues).

I hope the Jill and Jasmine might come out to help surround Joe with support though he will probably go home soon. He's been there so much and now finally needs them.

I really hope Ashley can overcome her fears of losing him, her jealousy, etc to avoid pushing joe away. He certainly doesn't need those issues now.

thanks for the great book!! Keep writing!

canndcanndalmost 14 years ago

This chapter was so powerful and heartbreaking.

I had tears in my eyes several times for two people who don't exist :) LOL You are able to really paint pictures and make the reader feel like they are there with your words. It is a real talent. Hope there isn't more tragedy for this couple!

I think the description of her singing the Ave Maria and his finally breaking down were two especially touching moments.

BookAholicBookAholicalmost 14 years ago
Seriously....

Okay so... WOW. What are you on when you write these things? I didn't read all of this story I FINALLY got tired about sob stories and totally unrealistic circumstances. Maybe if these kids weren't in HIGH SCHOOL!! I can never seem to wrap my head around how 18 year old kids have ALL these things happen to them. You have amazing diction its just the way things tend to happen. It's the same way in your other series, I read all of that one, a tornado and then he saves them and the dog finds them?! Really? I wish you would just keep it simple.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Too Perfect? I Don't Think So...

I must be reading a different story, since the character of Ashley has a temper and is frequently impetuous, and the character of Joe locks away his emotions at times.

Simply put, compelling reading that places sex in the proper context, as part of life. If some readers are looking for a stroke story, why look in the Romance category?

I for one look forward to reading the next chapter.

SoCalCynic

catman71catman71almost 13 years ago
re-reading

and it hit me, you , while having a highly unusual set of events and problems, have written a story about , instead of friends and lovers, a large, complex, if not a little dysfunctional , family. and the last line , about joe, it shows him as , well , a person written of two time periods to me, the old style "strong silent" type, who does not show emotion , and a modern "metro sexual" for better lack of term that i can think of, in touch with his inner feelings and willing to left someone obviously weaker than him see him vulnerable. to those who complain about the circumstances of the story, and the other the author has written, remember this is a erotic story site, not Tolstoy and dickens, and i have personal thought on that, in my 39 years , i have witnessed people of that age go through things like this, in particular , one couple, just out of high school who buried three of four parents and all four grandparents in 13 month span. so while rare, it does happen

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

wonderful

arrowglassarrowglassover 9 years ago
Heartstrings!

You sure know how to pluck and play heartstrings.

LoonytuneLoonytuneover 4 years ago
Great story

All of the parts of this story have been great so far and well written but this has been the best so emotional and moving truly a masterpiece

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous