Angels Ch. 14 - Daisy Chain

Story Info
Don’t judge a book by its cover.
6.8k words
4.52
2.9k
4
0

Part 14 of the 24 part series

Updated 03/31/2024
Created 09/17/2022
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story contains characters from other stories but is intended as stand alone.

All comments and feedback are gratefully received as I'm hoping the feedback will encourage improvements in my work. This is a work of fiction from the deep dank recesses of my mind and any resemblance to real people is purely accidental.

This story contains an element of group sex but is predominantly lesbian sex, if this not to your liking, please visit some of my other submissions, otherwise I hope you enjoy.

----------

Daisy had been recruited under a new initiative that went looking for certain type of people that would have otherwise fallen under the traditional recruitment radar. At the very start of Daisy meeting Lynda, the companies Head of HR, the young woman winced when Lynda addressed her as Daisy. It was obviously a well-rehearsed line when the young woman said "Daisy? Who'd have thought? My mum wanted a pretty little girl that she could put bows in her hair and instead she got me. Please call me Day." The look was completed by a big pair of heavy black boots and began with a ring through her nose, various tattoo's down both sleeves and a combination of jet-black hair with a bright red fringe. It was obvious to Lynda, a mother of two daughters, that Daisy liked to shock people and Lynda did her best cool mum to start her conversation.

Looking at her notes Lynda started with the whole "This is not an interview" line but launched straight in with "I see your degree is in Art History. Is that where your passions lie or was that the easiest subject to take at Uni?" Lynda asked with a twisted grin.

Daisy could see from Lynda's expression that the older woman was looking for a reaction and so decided to take the offensive by replying "When you've been diagnosed with Dyslexia, your choice of subject matters dwindles somewhat". 'Take that' thought Daisy but quickly had to change her mind.

Lynda leant forward and changed her expression to one of admiration "So you have Dyslexia and yet still managed an impressive score on your degree. In which case young lady, I take my hat off to you -- if I were wearing one. I think you might just be the kind of stubborn, pig-headed, or should I say determined, individual we want working at Angels. May I also say that our Art Editor is going to flip when he sees your Tattoos. Do you mind if I take a closer look at them?"

As Lynda had intended, Daisy was a little lost for words at the moment and simply nudged her chair forward and extended her right arm for the older woman to inspect. "Mmm, I like the work on some of these although it's obvious you have two? No. I'm guessing three different artists work here."

"Four actually but yes, two are very similar in their work. I can see why you'd say three" Daisy corrected.

Lynda nodded and ran her hand up Daisy's arm turning it slightly at one point to get a better look at one of them. Daisy hadn't expected physical contact but promptly turned her arm in acceptance. As her hand travelled past the young girl's elbow, Daisy's heart started to beat faster -- how far would she go? Lynda then stopped and tapped Daisy's favourite, two gender symbols intertwined but instead of it being male and female it was two female symbols, "I especially like this one. Would I be right in assuming that you are a Lesbian?"

Daisy started to get defensive and shot back "Yes. Why?" expecting to be fobbed off with some lame reason as to why these people didn't want her.

Lynda shrugged and replied "No particular reason but it reinforces a conversation I had recently with my eldest daughter after yet another disastrous relationship with a boy. I suggested she started dating older, more mature men or turn her back completely on men and try and find a nice woman for a change."

Once again, Daisy had to re-think her initial thoughts of this woman but still felt compelled to ask, "And what would be your reaction be if she brought another woman home to meet you?"

Lynda shrugged again and confessed "I'd be delighted if she found someone that treated her right -- man or woman - and they allowed each other their own space, or did you mean the whole same sex thing? As a bi-sexual I have nothing against same sex. In fact, between you and I, as Head of HR I'm looking to do a bit of positive discrimination based on orientation and race. Better informed employees make better decisions." Lynda paused before correcting herself "No that's not quite right, it sounds like I'll offer a job just because of the person's orientation. It helps but rather than try and squeeze you into a box that doesn't sit comfortably with you, we prefer that you bring your own box, and we accommodate it as is."

Daisy looked confused "Does that mean you are offering me a job."

Lynda took a moment to reflect and nodded "In a roundabout way, Yes I am. We'll encourage you to try all the departments before making a decision on where you prefer to work but if I know my Art Director, he'll be putting a strong claim in for you becoming his assistant -- he does have the weight of the world on his shoulders at certain times of the year. One thing though, would you mind if we brought an expert on Dyslexia in so we can make the working environment as good for you as possible?"

Daisy really wasn't expecting this conversation this afternoon "You mean once you decide if I'll be staying."

Lynda deflected that comment with "Oh no, we'll try and get it sorted within a week or so. That way, when YOU decided where you want to work it will have been based on the best possible environment. We would learn something about being a better workplace and you might teach us a few tricks on how we market ourselves for people we perhaps haven't considered in the past. When can you start?"

The reality was the Head of HR was part of a group of bi-sexual women at the company and she was on the lookout for new recruits to the group. To outsiders, and most of the employees for that matter, this group were just employees. In reality each department head had two departments -- one to do the actual work and the second whose main purpose was to have lesbian sex with as many people within the group as possible. Don't get me wrong they did do some work and doubled up as extra resource when departments were busy and had to meet deadlines.

The exception to the group was John, the Art Editor and photographer for the images used in their lingerie catalogue. He was the technical expert that made all this possible and the CEO's right-hand man. He managed to sleep with a number of members who hadn't given up cock all together, but he photographed many sapphic hook ups for the rest of the group to enjoy. After being let down one too many times by professional models he had come up with the idea of using the employees as the models and pay them what he would have spent on professional models. It was a rarity for people to turn down his requests as they were informed that heads would be cropped from the catalogue images and tell-tale birth marks, or tattoos were photoshopped so that families didn't go asking too many questions. It meant extra work for him, but it also meant he got to see a number of his colleagues in lingerie and many ended having sex with him, but he didn't push those that were living a wholly lesbian lifestyle.

As was the practice at the company, Daisy's first day was spent meeting the department heads and occasionally some of their staff if they were free. Each new recruit was given two weeks in each department to see if they liked the work, it had the advantage of making each employee aware of the entire companies processes so that they could be called upon to help other departments in the knowledge that when they in turn were busy, the favour would be reciprocated.

Mid way through her first afternoon Daisy was ushed into Johns spacious office for his time with her. This is the one that Daisy had been looking forward to. Being dyslexic, she found traditional word and number driven departments harder work than design which is where she had excelled at school and Uni. John stood up from behind his desk, walked towards her and took her right hand to shake saying "Welcome. Lynda has pre-warned me about you joining us and I have to say that I was particularly looking forward to sitting down for a chat with you. Please take a seat -- Day I think Lynda tells me you prefer to be called. Can I get you a drink?"

The young lady normally liked to dress to keep people away although she had toned down the dress and boots from last week, but the nose piercing was still there, and her dress only partially hid her tattoos along both sleeves. She inclined her head and replied "Thank you. A water will do just fine. Lynda has warned me that you'd try and monopolise me once we had met."

John smiled mischievously and replied "I can't possibly think what she intended" while wearing a false hurt expression. With the drinks dispensed John sat on the opposite sofa and started "Lynda has given me a potted history of your conversation last week; she was at pains to tell me about some of the art you are wearing on your sleeves. As a photographer I'd like to study them with the camera at some point. Lynda has also detailed that she is getting some advice from an expert in how we can make the work environment more comfortable and rather than draw adverse attention to your Dyslexia, we enhance and encourage what I consider a superpower." He picked up a printed piece of paper from his desk adding "She has also shared your degree score with me knowing it would be of special interest. Well, done young lady, I am impressed."

Daisy smiled back at him "Thank you again. At the time it was just a score on the board but over time I've come to think more about how it can be used." Daisy found it surprising that they were taking this so seriously. Delighted but surprised none the less.

"Did Lynda give you the line about instead of squeezing you into a box we prefer that you bring your own box, and we accommodate it?" John asked with that mischievous look again.

Daisy smiled and nodded replying "Yes and I have to say it was a refreshing change to hear it. So many potential employers judge this particular book by its cover during the first interview."

John held his hands open and said "I quite agree. It makes for lazy recruiters, but hey their loss is our gain hopefully although I must say from my point of view the cover of the book in front of me is intriguing if I can continue with the analogy. Now tell me about your outside of work self what music, movie or TV is your preference?" and so the conversation went back and forth for a good fifteen minutes. Eventually John got around to describing his role in the organisation, gave her a quick overview of the software he used and then took her next door to the studio. He explained about the changing room, the different sets and how he liked to change them around each quarter so that the catalogue images didn't get staid and predictable. He then took some sample pictures of her and was particularly interested in her tattoos. Afterwards he took her back to his office and showed her how to use his system of cataloguing the images.

During the studio tour Daisy had asked about the models John used and it gave him an excuse to mention the various pay incentive schemes the company operated and how the models nowadays were exclusively employee's which made Daisy's ears prick up. "So, you get a bonus for the images that appear in the catalogue?" A nod of confirmation from John. "And you also get a percentage of sales of that item?"

"That's right. Don't get me wrong it's nothing like as big as the appearance bonus but it's an extra incentive to keep an eye on how sales are progressing?" John replied.

"So how does a girl get on the model list and how does that model get to pick what items they model?" Daisy asked. She was definitely interested.

John stopped her in her tracks "Anyone who volunteers can go on the list but the choice of who models which item or items is down to me and maybe any future assistant I might be lucky enough to employ" at this point he looked at her pointedly adding "It's very much a subjective measure although I do like to share things around. It's based on what colour looks best with which skin tone or which design works best with the models attributes. We have plenty of blondes with pale skin and brunettes with darker tones and one black lady that features heavily because she is the only one to volunteer and looks delicious in contrasting cream or white. It helps tremendously that she has an ample chest and so I tend to plan her shots first and the rest of the shoots around the images I get of her. I'm desperate for an Asian skin tone and I'd class myself as lucky if a redhead with alabaster skin were to join plus the obvious gap is a lady with tattoo's but that creates its own challenges."

"How so?" asked Daisy.

John changed his expression to one of caution "Well as you know we crop heads from images so that people focus on the product rather than model but some models haven't told their family that they feature in the catalogue and therefore discretion is vitally important which means occasionally images are touched up to remove telling birthmarks or the odd tattoo where as someone like yourself, the range and nature of the tattoos are very distinctive -- very nice by the way, this is not a complaint -- but it means if you wanted to go down that route you would need to be up front with your nearest and dearest as it would be blindingly obvious. Now don't get me wrong I'd love to photograph your artwork but there is a big step between personal admiration and having pictures of you in lingerie freely available to your Mum, Gran or nephew in years to come. Do you get my drift?" He pointedly looked at Daisy and waited for her response.

Daisy paused and muttered "I see your point. Is there anything else you wanted to cover?"

John shook his head "Not right now. There are lots of conversations I want to have with you but nothing pressing for today. I'm hoping you'll be with us a long time and so we can pick things up at any time. I imagine you've had a lot of information thrown at you today. I dare say most of the other managers have said this, but I can assure you that no matter what the question or problem my door is always open. That applies to all the people here but to a fellow Art lover it especially applies to you."

"Do you mind if I ask some more questions?" Daisy asked.

John spread his arms wide again and said, "Ask away."

Daisy fidgeted slightly in her chair and stated "I... I'm a little concerned... with how I'll fair in the other departments, what with my diagnosis and all. I may give the impression of someone who puts up barriers, but everyone has been so nice today I'm concerned that if I don't perform well, I'll be out on my ear in double quick time. Do you get my meaning?"

John was sat on the opposite couch to her but got up and sat next to her replying "I do indeed get your meaning. Firstly, don't get concerned with the other departments for the pure and simple reason that I've asked for first dibs on you as long as you enjoy our teamwork dynamic. However, I want you to experience each department even if it's just for a week as it will help you understand why I ask certain things of you. You won't be expected to become employee of month overnight, I want you to be a sponge taking in all the detail people tell you as it will benefit us in the future, I'm sure of that. I'll be doing what I can to support you every step of the way. Secondly don't see your diagnosis as a negative, it's a superpower that other mere mortals don't possess and thirdly if we don't provide you with the best possible work environment then we are at fault and not you. I've seen something in you today and I know Lynda saw it last week as she has commented on it, and I want that fire, that determination, that independence in my corner of the ring. How does that sound?"

Daisy hopped nearer John and flung her arms around John's neck as she tucked her face in the crook of his neck. He could just about make out her saying "Oh thank you. You have no idea how much I needed to hear that." After a few heartbeats she pulled back and wiped her eyes saying "Sorry about that I don't know what came over me. I wouldn't normally have done that with a man. You know... "

John smiled broadly and said "Yes, Lynda explained about that particular tattoo. She's a fan of the artist by the way."

Daisy looked uncertain as she asked "And knowing that I'm a lesbian. Does that change anything you've just said?"

John shook his head saying, "Not one jot, why would it make a difference?"

She fidgeted again in her seat saying "Well... you know. You've seen some very beautiful models in very little clothing. But then the more I think about it you are going to see them as a model aren't you even if they work in Logistics or Accounts?"

John shrugged and replied "Pretty much. I have slept with a couple and that was nice in a very uncomplicated way, but I don't proposition every one of them. I've even photographed a couple of them as they've had lesbian sex in front of me."

"Oh wow" was her surprised response.

John then asked, "If I'm not being too personal, can I ask if you are in a relationship at the moment?"

Daisy looked down at her lap and mumbled "Not at the moment."

"Hmmmm" was John's only reply.

"Why do you ask?" she asked

Again, the outspread hands "No business of mine but if you wanted me to put a good word in for you with any that I know are either gay or at least bi-sexual then just ask. You'd be surprised the small talk people make when they are modelling in next to no clothes."

The next couple of weeks saw Daisy fulfil her obligation. Instead of spending two weeks in each department she was required to only do a single week. Each department head was made aware of her diagnosis, and she was thrilled how they all handpicked what and who showed her certain aspects of the business. At least twice each week she would pay John a visit to keep him updated on her progress. Each time he would step away from what he was working on and be sat there hanging on her every word, chipping in with the odd word of encouragement. Eventually having visited each department it was her turn to sit with John who had set up a desk and computer for her at the side of his so that they could swap comments. He outlined the structure he had planned to progressively introduce more of his role for her, it was structured so that he could give her a series of tasks to complete while he tussled with yet another deadline.

She was surprised how much he needed to interact with Quality Control, Stores and Marketing and could now see why he had asked her to spend time with each before he started her progression. To his credit he would repeatedly ask her if she was comfortable with what he was asking of her, and each time underlined he was there to help her and that the only stupid question was the one she didn't ask. If anyone from the Employment Office could see her now, they would have been shocked to say the least. They knew her as the 'keep your distance' girl they saw once a fortnight and now, not only interacting with the others, but having enough gumption to stand up and argue a point with this man.

John even got her bought in with the early planning for the next catalogue layouts. She would accompany him to meetings, and she found him seeking out her opinion on a regular basis which made her think back to one of his earlier remarks "Don't think we know all the answers. We may make certain decisions based on past experiences but never be afraid to question someone's opinion. If it doesn't make sense to you, it might mean someone else could well be asking the same thing." He hadn't let her loose in the studio yet. Yes, her had let her use his camera's as he had given her case studies to shoot various inanimate objects; he had even made encouraging remarks about her compositions. She didn't worry though as he had already described his plans for her gradual progression, and he was at pains to regularly check she was happy with the tasks he had assigned her.

12