Animal Café Ch. 20

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Trembling was my best option.

"Wait... Clara? Are you crying? Are you alright?"

"... No. I... I messed up... everything."

"Where is Lucy?"

"At... at the hospital..."

"WHAT? Is she okay?"

"Yes... yes... A pet got hurt... and... I messed up. I don't know how to take care of the café..."

"Aaah. Okay. Well, it seems we've picked the right day to visit then."

"Meow! Yes. Syr is our slave! She does everything around our house."

"Kitty, I'm not your slave! Why would you say such a thing?"

"..."

What was Elizabeth saying? What was she suggesting? That she would help me run the café? Why would she do that? And would Lucy even be okay with it too? I had no idea what kind of relationship those two had with each other. The only thing I knew was that Elizabeth knew about the pet girls, and Kitty presumably didn't.

Elizabeth confirmed my assumption.

"Kitty and I will help you. Kitty, do you want to go take care of the pets while I'm talking to Clara and figure out what needs to be done?"

"WHAT? SERIOUSLY? CAN I?"

"Yes... But I tell you... It might not be exactly what you expect."

"Stop being mysterious, Syr! I've taken care of cats and dogs before. I'm super good with small furry critters."

"Right... You are in for a shock. Clara, could you let Kitty in the lounge? While she is meeting with your friends, we will see what we can do for you. I suppose the amount of icing on the floor has something to do with your bad day."

"Y...yes... O... okay."

Was I about to be saved? Just like that? Would Elizabeth, calm as ever, be able to fix all my mistakes with a snap of a finger? I didn't have many other options at the moment, so I obeyed her request. I carefully walked around the reception desk with an access card in hand, making sure not to get too close to Kitty, as her over-happiness was still scaring me.

I swiped my card on the reader and pulled the lounge door open. Kitty was already crouching down, probably hoping to see a small animal squeeze out. Clearly, she wasn't expecting the right thing. Syr grabbed Kitty's red leather collar and pushed her, not so gently, inside the lounge.

"Close the door, Clara! Quick! Quick!"

"She... she doesn't know... about the pets?"

"Nope. Kitty had no clue about them. But she will adapt quickly. Trust me."

"..."

"Alright, Clara. Now, tell me what happened, and we will fix it together. I'm sure it can't be that bad."

Have the Gods blessed me with a guardian angel? I had no firm answer to that question, but it sure felt like it at the moment.

12