All Comments on 'Animus Eternus Ch. 01'

by LoverRequiem

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
MaonaighMaonaighover 3 years ago
Has potential

The story is not badly written and has potential but there seems to be so much about it that is wrong. For instance, the name Fenella Rearden doesn't sound very Romanian---the name Fenella is of Scottish origin (probably derived from the Gaelic Fionnuala) while Rearden sounds very much of English-speaking origin. Then there are anachronisms. Is it really likely that a woman of Dolores's class would be living in a hotel and cooking her own dinner? I doubt it. And I don't think maids in a place like Versailles would think of themselves as staff, they were servants. Nor would they have spoken to a guest in such a familiar way---that would probably have earned them a beating (after all, servants in the 18th Century, particularly in countries like France, were often considered to be little better than animals).

I will be interested to see how this tale develops but if you are going to write a story set in a specific period of history you need to do some careful research.

Candy_Kane54Candy_Kane54over 3 years ago

A very nice first effort. I liked it and am looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous