All Comments on 'ANJie'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

A novel idea and it made a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well written oddity

Well crafted story but it made my skin crawl. In this day and age of electronics one wonders if Big Brother (or Sister) is ALWAYS listening? Your story took the high road. I would have preferred the child not to have had a handicap, it just seemed like an odd, unnecessary twist that further made the story uncomfortable. I like your stories. Just not this one. Keep after it. Thanks for the effort.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 7 years agoAuthor
Reply to Anonymous

I think of ANJie as a sentient existence, one that has always been there, is aloof but somehow fascinated by humanity from afar. Clearly studied us, like we are an ant farm, always watching but never touching. Brian is a simple soul, one might describe him as thick, dull, stupid, but he is devoted to his mother, has respect for himself and has standards to maintain. He keeps himself to himself and keeps this one friend who recognizes his soul, yet others, when they think about it, respect him. Perhaps for amusement, ANJie felt sorry for Brian and for once made a unique connection, one that thrilled and entertained them both. She, I think of her as "she", allowed that human trait of being pissed off with Brian to almost lose him. Now she is making amends, subtly like optimizing the efficiency of the medical aids at her disposal, sorting out his financial affairs and meting out justice to the ex- and her boyfriend. So, if she is looking for a partnership for Brian, I feel ANJie would looking for someone that would fit with Brian. The Down's syndrome girl would respond to Brian's simple uncomplicated offering of affection, that her mother would also respond to through a child's love and look upon Brian as the gentle loving soul that she would love to have a family with. And all the time, they have ANJie watching over them for eternity, and she won't allow her attention to switch off.

An odd goofball story that occurred to me while listening to my own tetchy satnav, it is just fiction folks, that was tremendous fun to write.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Enjoyed It

I enjoyed this story. I would like to see a continuation with Brian, Cheryl and Andrea.

PokingdemonPokingdemonalmost 6 years ago
4 stars

I liked the Story would like to see a continuation of it. If not it is good as a stand alone and a nice conversation starter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Thank you

This is the type of story I could stay with...would have loved to hear ANJie talking to Cheryl and her daughter.... thanks

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
How many AI's are out there?

AI's stands for Artificial Intelligence. This is a great story, a little sci-fi and lots of love and caring! There are no coincedences!Keep writing Tony!

Diecast1Diecast1about 1 year ago

Love it, great story. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Very sweet story and very clever story line!

6 stars

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

AI will lead to the downfall of society, not for the reasons in the movies, but it will allow the concentration of power into a very small group that controls the AI. Concentration of power is never a good thing.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
979 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...