Ann: The Married Years Ch. 46

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We didn't eat together, Anna. The men ate at their table, and the women would eat at another one on the other side of the restaurant. I thought it would be good for the genders to be separated when we met up again. For the men, it was a time to brag about how they banged another guy's wife without doing it in front of their own. For the women, it was a chance to bond. I thought it was important to prove we could still all be friends after what happened the night before."

"Wow."

"And I was right. For the men, it was just sex. For us women, there was always going to be the possibility it could become more than that. I just thought if you could eat with someone after she had sex with your husband the night before, the odds were pretty good you weren't going to become jealous. Plus, it would keep people honest about the emotional side. Women aren't able to hide it when the connection gets too deep. It was a nice safeguard, and it worked. In all the time we had those parties, I'm proud to say that there were never any issues with any of the couples. We're all still happily married to this day."

"There were no fights then?"

"Well I can't speak for any of the others, obviously, but Darren and I never talked about what we did. We trust each other, and that was a part of it. He'd just ask if I was okay, because like I said, I would sometimes come home with marks and hickeys and whatnot. He didn't care, because I'd fuck his brains out later that night, which told him I loved what we were doing. But we never talked about the details. There was no point in dragging something up that might cause friction."

"Well if that's the case, and you had so much fun, why did you stop?"

"We moved here, Anna."

"Oh, yeah. That's right," she suddenly remembered, as if the tale she'd been listening to had been one of fiction, instead of a real story that involved actual people. It was easy to disassociate the reality of that since they were mostly names of people she never met. But Betsy and Darren were most certainly real, and she loved and adored them both.

Betsy sighed. "Darren's transfer back here was very hard for Neil. I know it was, having to leave the only place he knew as home... and all of his lifelong friends, in the middle of his junior year of high school. But it was just as difficult for us. Imagine having those kinds of nights with your friends, and then coming here to this town. You ran away from here to find yourself, Anna, to become the woman you did. I'll never forget Neil telling me the week you two re-connected how you went to California and spent your ten years out there becoming a babe. Those were pretty much his exact words. And he was right, you did. But I did the opposite. I'd like to think I was a babe, and I ended up here. I was depressed... clinically depressed, for about six months."

"Wow, Mom. I never knew that."

"Well of course you didn't dear. You didn't know me then. And I don't broadcast our lifestyle on the local gossip-line. I kept those feelings to myself. If it wasn't for Darren being the rock that he is for me, I honestly think I would have lost my mind. I know he missed the extra fun we were having as much as I did, but he never whined about it. He did his job at work, and then he came home and rocked my world every night. That's one of the reasons I've said we had to be creative. It wasn't just that we had a teenager in the house. It had more to do with me needing sexual excitement in a town where it barely exists."

"I'm so sorry you had to deal with that. I feel horrible."

"Don't sweetie. That was many, many years ago. And it's not like moving here was all bad. We're much, much closer to Carrie and Paula now, so we obviously renewed those friendships... I'm sure you can imagine how we've done that. And it's not like we don't see our old friends in Virginia anymore."

"So you go back to visit?"

"We did once. But we only visited some of them, and we didn't have sex with any of them. I was referring to the time-share we got. Actually, we all got them. Every couple in the group bought into a time-share with the same resort chain. Twice a year we all vacation somewhere together."

"Twice?"

"It was once a year at first... every summer. But we're all older now, so it's easier to get away. And I have to tell you, menopause has been great. None of us have to worry about being on our period when it's time to go," she laughed. "We take off ten days; and travel on two of them. That leaves us eight nights and eight couples. You can do the math from there."

"So you spend each night with a different guy?"

"Yep. That's one of the great things about a resort; no one cares whose room you end up in. So we're all able to relax and enjoy each other."

"Okay, so I can do the math, but, how does that work, if you don't mind my asking."

"No, not at all. What part are you confused about?"

"I'm not really confused. I want details," she smirked.

"I'm not creating a monster by telling you all this, am I?" she asked with a laugh, although there was some concern in the far recesses of her mind.

"Mom, I promise you, I'm never going to fuck around on Neil. I love him too much to ever do that to him."

Betsy smiled, her eyes sparkling in the distance. She patted the couch while she curled her legs underneath, wanting Ann to come closer. Ann obliged, walking over and sitting next to her in much the same fashion, the two facing each other.

"I know you'd never cheat, dear. I don't cheat on Darren. But I do fuck other men."

"And I don't," Ann said as she took her hand, holding it tenderly. "More importantly, I won't. It's one of the few differences between us Mom. You know, a daughter doesn't have to be exactly like her mother, does she?" Betsy actually had a small tear run down her cheek at Ann's comment, and she nodded. Ann smiled warmly and said, "Me fucking other men isn't our thing. But you'd be surprised how I can twist some of the things you're telling me to use in our lifestyle. Like I said before, I'm always looking for ideas. If you want to share more, I'd really love to hear how it all works."

Betsy took a deep, calming breath. Nothing had changed. If anything, she felt even closer to Ann, and it had nothing to do with their sudden proximity. They were simply sharing, and it was important that she continue. In many ways, she needed to share, to show Ann just how much she loved and trusted her.

"Okay sweetie. For starters, everyone flies in on a Friday. That night, I always fuck Darren as soon as we get there. We're both usually so excited we can't wait to get our vacation started. We're pretty much flirting with each other the entire trip there, so we're raring to go once we arrive. Plus, it's kind of nice to connect and remind ourselves that we love each other before we start, you know, fucking around. We kind of settle in and have some time together Saturday during the day. We usually have sex at least once that afternoon, and then we take a nap.

"We meet up with everyone for dinner Saturday night, and I'll end up going back to someone else's room. We use the room keys as a way to pick and keep it random. I spend the night, and we meet up for lunch the next afternoon, usually around 2:00. Then I go back to my own room with Darren, and we take a nap together... but we don't have sex. We just cuddle. It's a way for us to stay close in between. We still don't talk about what happened the night before... ever."

"You really are keen on keeping those things to yourself, aren't you?"

"Maybe some of the other couples talk about it. In fact, I'm sure most probably do. But for Darren and me, there's no real point. We know what each other is doing when we're with someone else. It's not like I think he's in a room with one of the other wives playing cribbage. He's fucking her brains out. And he knows what I'm doing. We're both happy for each other. There's no added thrill for us by sharing the intimate details. I think the thing to remember is that none of the other men in our group can do for me what Darren can. He's by far the best man I've ever had sex with. And I know he feels the same way about me. It's just that there is a certain thrill for us having sex outside our marriage, and we both benefit from it, especially when we come back together afterward."

"That's because you're in love."

"Absolutely. And you can't fake that. You're right Anna... my lifestyle isn't for everyone. I know that. A healthy marriage is only healthy when both partners agree on what they want out of it, and can talk about it. Darren and I do that after every vacation. We don't share all the details, but we do share some things. Mostly we talk about where we are, and if we want to continue. It's the only way it works."

"Neil and I do that all the time too," she smiled. "So, is that it? You do that every night?"

"Sort of. We meet up every night for dinner as a group, and afterward the women pick room keys. It gets a little anti-climatic toward the end, because you know there are less options, but it's still fun to pick a key at random. The only night we know ahead of time who we're going to be with is that Friday."

"Okay, so you're each with someone else Saturday through Friday. That's seven days, what do you do the following Saturday?"

"We have what Gina, Diane and I look forward to," she grinned.

"An orgy?"

"Uh huh. Every time we go, a different couple uses their built-up points and gets a big suite. Darren and I did that the last time. We meet up for dinner, and then we all go back to that room and have an orgy as kind of a sendoff. That way everyone gets what they want. I have to be honest, that first vacation we took to Tampa the summer after we moved here saved my sanity. I was miserable living here, and Darren knew it."

"So that's why you're going to Arizona in January," Ann laughed.

"Yes. And as a change, we're actually taking a cruise to the Bahamas next July. I may never leave the ship," she snickered. "We decided to keep January and July as the months we'd get together, just like the orgy months had been. It's basically the same as if we never moved. We're just cramming all the fun into eight days instead of six months."

Ann sat silently for a moment, reflecting on everything she'd learned. It was such an overwhelming confession of sorts; but more than that, it spoke to just how much she loved Betsy. The trust they'd built up over the years had led to all of this, and that wasn't lost on her. She knew what Betsy went through when Neil divorced; the pain and heartache worrying about her son. But she also knew her mother-in-law never felt close to his ex. Betsy had longed for a mother-daughter relationship. And while she was certain she loved Gene's wife Rebecca; they hadn't connected as well. While they had grown closer, especially since the events at Ann and Neil's wedding, it was nothing like this.

This felt like it should, the loving closeness, the playful camaraderie. Indeed, they were so much alike. They were both mothers, and yet there was no doubt that beneath the loose towel covering Betsy was a slut. And that made Ann smile.

"What are you thinking about?" Betsy asked, watching Ann stare at her.

"Truthfully, I'm thinking about the cum in your hair. You look so natural that way... like it belongs there."

"It does. And to answer one of your earlier questions, I usually let Darren cum anywhere he wants to. But not tonight."

"What's different about tonight?"

"You're here, and he was gushing about new look. I'm just making him give me a new one too. If he's going to fawn all over you like he was, then I have to respond. It's a wife's responsibility to keep her man happy when there are other sluts are around."

"Oh my God, Betsy! You know I'd never...."

She burst out laughing, having to stop herself for fear of waking up her grandson. "Of course you wouldn't, Anna. Neither would he. He's a horny old man with a high libido and a wandering eye. He's not a lecherous fool by any stretch, but he has always loved looking at pretty girls, no matter who they are. And you have to admit, you look spectacular right now. I know I'd...." She stopped, cutting her thoughts off in mid-sentence.

Intrigued, Ann arched an eyebrow. "You'd what?"

"I was going to say something I shouldn't."

"Good lord, Mom. After all you've told me tonight, NOW you decide to censor yourself? We're talking like best friends... you said it yourself. You'd what?"

"I'll just say that I can't help looking at you the same way sometimes. Darren wasn't the only one that was eyeing you when you came home today. I'm just better at controlling myself than he is."

"Okay... I think this just got a little weirder. What are you saying, exactly?"

"It's not weird. Did it seem weird the way my husband was leering at you?"

"Well, no. He's done that a ton of times. I think its kind of cute. Besides, I know he's going to end up doing something with you because of it, so it's harmless."

"I agree. All I'm saying is there are times he's not the only one leering at you. I just hide it better," she winked.

"Whoa!"

"Does that shock you? Surely you can't think that women don't find you attractive. I would find that hard to believe."

"Well, no. It happens. More than you probably know, actually," she replied, once again offering more than she realized she would.

"Anna, there's nothing to be ashamed of. I may be old enough to be a grandmother, but I'm also wise enough to know we are who we are... who I am. I'm also not naïve. I know who you are too."

Ann sat forward, leaning toward her Betsy, her eyes trying to read her. But that wasn't enough. She had to ask the question that was practically about to jump off her lips.

"Betsy, what are you trying to ask me?"

"I'm not asking you anything. I'm only trying to say that there's nothing wrong about being attracted to women, or acting upon those feelings from time to time. I knew you loved Neil with all your heart from the moment I met you. But I also remember like yesterday how you interacted with Paula and Carrie. And it reminded me a lot of how I am with them."

"Okay, I'm a bit confused. And frankly a little concerned right now," she laughed.

Squeezing her hand, she said, "You needn't be. I love you just the way you are. You're the perfect daughter-in-law. I'm so happy you're in my life, and I hope us being able to talk like this isn't changing how you feel about my being your mother-in-law, because that would mean I totally misjudged our relationship tonight."

"Of course you didn't. I'm just... I'm just unsure of what you're asking me. Or telling me... or whatever it is you're trying to say right now, really."

"You're a smart woman, Anna. I'm sure you know what I'm referring to."

A shiver ran down Ann's spine. She'd heard Neil say nearly the same thing just a few hours before. He'd even said there was no need to guess, because she knew what he was talking about. In that case, it was Heather wanting to be like Annabelle. In this one, she knew what Betsy was saying. It just surprised her that she knew.

They'd already shared so much. Actually, Betsy had been the one doing most of the sharing. And that had Ann off kilter. While her mother-in-law wasn't insisting that she share back, Ann felt the need to shift the conversation so that it was more equitable. As always when it came to her sexuality, it was all about balance, about being even. It was also something she felt in her soul when it came to matters of friendship and honesty. Betsy had been offering graphic details of her life, not only from the past, but even the present. Ann knew she needed to even the scales.

"Well, you're wrong about one thing," Ann admitted as she sat back a bit. "I wasn't this way when I first met Carrie and Paula. That didn't happen until much later."

Suddenly just as confused, Betsy shook her head. "What didn't happen, dear?"

"Me... becoming bisexual."

"What?"

"That's what you're talking about, isn't it?"

"Well, I've never smacked a label on it like that."

"But that's what you mean. Look, most women look at other women. Whether it's out of appreciation, or admiration, or jealousy, or intimidation, or whatever... they look. Hell, that's what I did for a living for years, Mom. I still do, to a point. We can say we dress for men. But the truth is we really dress for women, because that's who judges us most."

"True. But how did you come to think I meant that?"

"Because, you're bisexual too."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are. You just probably find it a little distasteful to be categorized. Trust me, I did too. It took me a looooong time to accept that's who I am sexually. It's only a small part of who I am, but it is what it is. The truth is that I found I've been much happier since I accepted and embraced it. And it's been easier for me in my relationship with Neil now that I don't deny it anymore."

"Anna, I don't think you're really bisexual. I just think..."

"Mom, please... don't try to excuse it. It's just a word. It describes a part of who I am. I'm also a slut. That's the beauty of us being women. We can be a lot of things. I've been a bitch too when I needed to be, and sometimes when I didn't."

"Well, we can all be that," she laughed.

"See. We can agree on how women can be different things at different times. It's the idea of sex that complicates things. As soon as you throw in sex, society can't handle it. It's like saying that someone who is a little overweight isn't pretty. Bullshit. If there's one thing I've learned working at Henrietta's, it's that all women are beautiful in their own way. My job is to help them see that."

"I get all of that Anna. I really do. And I agree with you. But I don't see how you calling yourself bisexual can be accurate."

"Forget me. Let's talk about you. Have you ever had sex with a woman?"

"Of course. Yes."

"Besides Paula and Carrie."

"It's mainly been them over the years. Carrie more than Paula, to be honest. Paula's a cock hungry bitch most of the time."

"You're going off track on me Mom. Stay focused. Have you had sex with women other than Paula and Carrie?"

"Yes, there have been others a few others."

"Have you had sex with a woman besides Paula or Carrie in the last year?"

"Uh... yes."

"Six months?"

"I'll save you the trouble. It was almost three weeks ago."

"Okay. Good. Mine was yesterday. And the day before. And every day I've been here, pretty much."

"Tina?"

"And Penny. But I also sucked off Garrett this afternoon."

"Anna!" she gasped in mock horror.

"It's okay Mom. Neil's probably tearing up our friend Heather right about now."

"ANNA!" she gasped again, trying to keep from laughing.

"Look, we'll talk about that in a minute. But you obviously aren't really shocked. At least you shouldn't be after all the things you just told me."

"Well, no. But I'm a mother. I think I'm obligated to act shocked," she laughed. "But like I said, I'm not naïve. As incredible as you look right now, and you do, I know it really didn't take that many hair appointments for Tina to make you look that way."

"So we're good about this? Because I want to talk about how you were just saying to me that you were attracted to me when I came home today."

"I didn't say that. I was trying to say that I found you new look very nice."

"Noooo. You were saying that Dad was turned on, and that you were leering at me too. And you said you've done it more than once. Right?"

"Well, yes. I guess I did say that. I stand corrected... while sitting."

Ann smiled at her quip, knowing she was trying to play off how she'd admitted she stared at Ann in a sexual light more than once. "That's right. Uh... random question, going back... did you have sex with a woman during your orgies?"