Ann: The Married Years Ch. 52

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ann was standing next to Dana, a bottle of beer in one hand while gesturing about whatever she was talking about with her other. Dana saw them approaching and pointing. Ann looked and did a classic double-take. It was the first time she'd seen him since he'd gotten a haircut and shaved the disheveled beard into a stylish goatee.

She turned, her smile becoming more wicked as he drew near. The suit would have been enough to spark her desire, knowing the suave confident persona he was playing. Then again, he was as suave and confident a man as she'd ever met. He was perfect casting to be James Bond in her eyes.

Yet it was the new look he was sporting that made her pussy begin to tingle. After a night of incredible orgasms brought on by several of her female friends, it was just like her husband to remind her how much she loved being reclaimed by him and his glorious cock. And he did it by somehow becoming even sexier to her.

She let him come to her, but she opened her arms allowing him to lift her and twirl her around. They shared a long, smoldering kiss, and when he put her down, she stroked his new facial hair, the sparkle in her eyes making his cock flinch.

"You are one sexy man, James," she hissed, "And just in case there's any question on what I think about this, you're not shaving it off. I love it."

"Whatever you say, babe," he smiled, kissing the top of her head.

"I know better than to ask for details, but did it go like you hoped?"

"We'll find out when Valerie tells me she's okay with what I did. Where is she, anyway? I don't see her."

"We're not sure. She's not here yet."

"Christina?"

"She's with her, but no one knows where she's at. She knows we're having this party. Should I be worried?"

"Worried... about Dale?"

"Yes."

"No, babe. He's not going to be a problem anymore."

"Are you sure?"

"That's why we came here. To make sure," he grinned. "My only concern is if I went too far as far as Valerie is concerned. I needed to take care of him, but I also want her to be able to move on."

The slightly concerned expression Ann had turned to a wide grin. "I think she already has," she said as she pointed past Neil's shoulder.

Valerie was being helped out of a shiny black new BMW sedan. She offered a bashful wave as the back-passenger side door was opened, Kendrick working to help Christina out of the booster seat she was belted into. He picked her up, carrying the adorable 6-year-old as he held Valerie's hand.

"Who's that?" Neil asked as he turned, even though he was pretty sure he knew the name. He didn't want Ann to know he'd set the stage for him to show up through Carlos at the bar. Not that it looked like it mattered anymore from the look on each of their faces.

"That's Kendrick," Ann confirmed. "They met at the bar yesterday."

"I can see that. Looks like there's more to it than that."

"It's fate," she grinned, curling her hand around Neil's arm, holding him close.

"Really?"

"Oh yeah. Look at her."

"I can see that," he smiled as they approached.

Kendrick smiled at Neil, seeing how he was dressed, the beautiful woman draped on his arm. Extending his hand, he said, "You're either Neil, or James. I'm leaning toward James based on the Bond girl you're with."

"Actually, the assignment is over. I'm Neil now," he grinned as he accepted the handshake.

"I'm Kendrick, Neil. My friends call me KT. I'm told by that beautiful wife of yours that we're friends."

Neil nodded with a chuckle. "That's how she works, KT. We tend to make friends fast."

"He's so much like you it's scary, baby," Ann said.

"He's a Sergeant, Uncle Neil," Christina said proudly, hugging Kendrick's neck as he held her.

Kendrick kissed her cheek. "I used to be, cupcake," he laughed, already giving her a pet name of her own.

"Pretty sure you always will be," Neil observed. "Army?"

"Special forces," he shrugged, trying to play it off. But it was obvious he'd made an impression not only with Valerie, but her daughter as well.

"What are you doing now?"

"I own a security firm in Sacramento."

"That's a pretty big commute from here, isn't it?"

"Everybody commutes in California. Just a question of how far. I live in Lodi, though, so it's not as bad."

"That's where we were," Valerie grinned.

"His house is on a lake," Christina continued to brag. "KT says he's going to teach me to water ski when I'm old enough."

Kendrick corrected her. "It's actually on the Mokelumne River. And I told you I'd take you to a lake when you're old enough."

"But you have a boat, right?"

"Yes, cupcake. Now stop boasting. It's not nice to show off."

"Can we still show you off like mommy wants to?"

Valerie flashed a brilliant smile. "Yes baby, can I still show you off?"

"Anything you want, Kitten."

They made small talk for a couple of minutes before Valerie's parents made their way over.

Valerie took a deep breath, but calmed when Kendrick squeezed her hand. "Mom... Dad, this is Kendrick. He's...."

"I'm her boyfriend," he smiled politely, reaching out his hand. "Kendrick Thomas. Pleased to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Franklin."

The stunned look on everyone's face wasn't that Kendrick went so far as to proclaim being Valerie's boyfriend to her parents. It was the revelation of his surname. Those in the small group looked at Neil, as if he has some explanation.

Neil smiled as he took as swig of his beer. Then he shrugged and said, "He's my cousin."

"What?" Kendrick said with a shake of his head.

Sticking out his hand again, he said, "The names Thomas. Neil Thomas."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kendrick was holding Neil's gun, flipping it around in his hand like he was from the old west. "This thing is perfectly weighted."

Neil nodded. "It is with the silencer on it like that. It's a little off without it."

Taking aim, Kendrick pulled the trigger again.

PHWUMP

One of the dozens of beer bottles lined up on a fence some 50 feet away exploded.

"I can't get over how real this thing feels. I've never seen a pellet gun like this."

"I was surprised too. Granted, I've not shot as many guns as you obviously have, but it didn't take me long to get used to it. Charlie says there's something in the silencer that boosts the pellet.

Neil took it from Kendrick and quickly aimed, firing off two more shots.

PHWUMP PHWUMP

Two more bottles shattered, and Kendrick laughed. "And you've never been trained?"

"No. I mean, my dad taught me how to shoot a rifle and a shotgun, but I've never really played around with a handgun."

"That's one of his gifts," Ann said proudly. "He can see someone do something and he can mimic it."

"Who'd you watch do that?" Kendrick asked him.

"Bond films," he shrugged again. "So, Anna tells me you channeled Kananga and Mr. Big?"

"HA! Yeah. Live and Let Die is by far my favorite with Moore."

"Me too," Neil agreed. "She also said your dad taught you to 'Step The Fuck Up.' Is that true?"

"Ha! Yeah. He thinks of it as kind of an obligation. It's why I joined the service, to be honest."

"My dad said it's part of being a Thomas. If you're going to have that name, stepping the fuck up goes with the territory. He actually used Bond films to teach it to me. I'll be honest, it's why I came out here. I couldn't let Valerie down. Or Christina. I never would have forgiven myself."

"I felt the same thing about her the moment I found out what happened. And you're right about Bond. I can see why your dad would use him as a role model for that. He's why I instantly thought of that movie to use as inspiration, even though I was acting like Mr. Big. It makes sense to me that you would use it to."

"Man... we have to be related," he said as he handed him back the pellet gun.

They spent nearly a half-hour talking about their mutual love of all things Bond. Chad joined in, as he was also immersed in the series; he was the one Ann called upon to help her the first time Neil took on the character. Valerie and Ann stepped back, letting the men chat.

"Did you know his last name?" Ann asked.

"Not until this morning when we saw it on his mailbox," she answered. "That's when I knew for sure his being in my life is fate."

"Is he really your boyfriend?"

"He's a Thomas, Anna. I'm smart enough to know I'm not going to do any better than that. I need to give this the chance it deserves."

"And what about what the other Thomas did?"

"Neil?"

"Yeah."

"What do you mean?"

"Handling your problem. He was a little worried that he might have taken things too far. I just want to make sure you know we love you and Christina, and whatever he did was because of that."

"Well, I was surprised by some of the things Charlie told us he arranged. Particularly changing Christina's last name, and Dale not having any rights to her other than child support. But I'm not upset about it. To be honest, Charlie was right. If he could get violent with me, what's to keep him from turning on her someday. I don't have to think about that now. And having spent just one day with KT and how he treats me... and her? I don't know how to thank you and Neil for setting me free."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"You okay?" Neil asked.

His soft words brought Ann out of her trance. "Huh... oh, yeah baby. You know how hard goodbyes are for me."

As goodbyes go, it wasn't as bad as she seemed to make it out to be. The party was lively, and it was a celebration. The relief Valerie felt was genuine. In some ways it was unexpected. It was like she didn't recognize the stress and pressure she'd been under because there was no realistic way to do anything about her circumstance. She focused on shielding her daughter, hoping to keep the weight of the burden she felt to herself. With that seemingly taken care of, for the first time she truly understood just how horrible her life had been. That awareness was brought home because of the man that was sincere in calling himself her new boyfriend.

Ann had been lost in thought about just that. It wasn't so much the idea that once again she'd had to leave many of their California friends and family behind when they left the party. She just loved seeing Valerie and Christina so happy she wanted to bask in their glow a little longer.

"Can you believe how perfect she and KT seem to be together?"

"You're the one that called it fate. How long had they been together when you figured that out?"

"A couple of hours, tops. I still think it's amazing that she went to her parents' house and took Christina during the night so she could meet him."

"I'm surprised Marty and Helen didn't panic she was gone in the morning. I mean, I know she left a note, and then she called later... but that still could have caused some concern considering we weren't in the clear with Dale yet."

"I suppose. But they seemed to handle it okay. And they love KT. Did you see Aunt Helen hanging on his arm? I'm telling you baby, I have a really good feeling about them."

"Your gift of discernment?"

"That just tells me if he's a decent human being, which I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now. The man's a literal war hero. And now he's Valerie's. Not to mention how he interacts with Christina. You just don't see that... other than you."

"What?" he asked, his brow wrinkling a bit.

"It's the same as the first time you met Christina. Or Allison and Mindy. You make them feel like they're the most important person in the world when you interact with them, Neil. Not every man can do that. Hell, almost no man can."

"Ann, they're kids. Its not that hard to make them feel special."

"You think that, because that's who you are. Trust me, that's not the case with most men. Especially in California. If you only knew how many guys Dana dated that she'd never let meet her girls until she found Chad. He has that quality, but even he isn't you. And KT is just like you."

"I think you're making more out of it than it really is, babe," he said, trying to deflect any credit.

But she wasn't having any of it. "I'm right about this Neil. I know you don't want to seem conceited about it, but you're my husband and I have a right to brag about you if I want."

"I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is... what did you call it? I'm just being a decent human being."

"It's more than that. You do things that seem insignificant to you, but they mean the world to those around you, and you do it times ten when it comes to kids. Kendrick is the exact same way. Most guys would be pretending to be cool with a child because they're trying to get into the mom's panties. After how he fucked her last night, he already knows he's inside those any time he wants. Yet he treats Christina like she's a princess. That wasn't fake what we saw. That's him. That's just who he is. And you're the exact same way."

"If you say so, babe. I just have a hard time taking glory for something I should be doing anyway. Like I said, they're kids. All they want is some love and attention."

"And Christina has gotten more of that from KT in the last ten hours than she got from her worthless piece of shit father in the last ten months."

"Well, no argument there. I'm not saying he's not perfect for her. I just hope she doesn't rush into anything."

"We dated six days, Neil. Who are we to question love?"

"So, you think they love each other?"

"I do. I really, really do."

"Well then I wouldn't worry about us leaving, because he'll still be in her life when we come back the next time."

"Are we coming back?"

"I think you know the answer to that, babe. We have family here. It would be wrong not to come back every few years if we can afford it."

"That's kind of the thing though. It barely cost us anything this time. If we would have had to pay, we wouldn't be here right now. All of our extra income is going toward that little one right there," she said with a nod toward a sleeping Owen, safely strapped into his car seat in the back of the limo.

"We'll figure that out, Ann. We just have to have some faith."

"Okay," she sighed, resting her head on his shoulder. "I do love our life, but I'm so grateful we got to see everyone. I've missed them."

"I promise. This won't be the last time we come to California."

The limousine was taking them back to San Francisco, to their home base, as they were calling it. Todd and Gracie were letting them stay at their condo that overlooked the Marina Yacht Club just east of the Golden Gate Bridge. It was beautiful riding into the city at night, the lights of the Transamerica building and Coit Tower standing out among the skyline as they crossed the Bay Bridge.

An hour later they were in bed, too exhausted from the events of the previous few days to do anything other than cuddle. Not that it mattered. Just being together again was wonderful, as they'd had to be apart for a few days to execute the mission. Besides, they were looking forward to the next day, knowing what they'd be doing.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Action!" Rose yelled.

"Really?" Neil laughed.

"Sorry. I just always wanted to say that."

"Then shouldn't you have one of those clapperboards?" Ann wondered.

"Work with me, will you?" she grinned.

"I'm already the fluffer and the lead actress. What more do I have to do?"

"What the hell is a fluffer?"

Neil shook his head, amazed that his wife would even know the term, but there she was explaining it. "A fluffer is the girl off screen that keeps the guys hard in between shots so the actress doesn't have to."

"I don't think that's a concern today," Neil laughed.

Ann was philosophical about her duel role. "That doesn't mean I'm going to stop while she directs us. You know how I am around hard cocks. I see one and I want to play with it."

"That's what makes you the perfect porn star babe," he said as he gave her a quick kiss.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The morning had been kind to the city. After the dawn fog had burned off San Francisco Bay, it left behind a glorious blue skied day. There was nary a cloud, the ships and boats finding the water calm and clear. Neil and Ann had woken up in the Armstrong's condo they were using, making breakfast for them and Owen as he ran around the living area of the large four-story structure.

Todd and Gracie called it their condo, but in reality, it was really a house. They considered it a condo because it was built so close to other ones on each side it seemed like it was attached; just a couple of feet between buildings. At street level, there was a garage with an ornate double-door that actually swung open like a gate instead of rolling up. The second level was the living area, with a huge kitchen and a living room, along with a half bath. The third had three bedrooms, and two full baths, while the top was a spacious, open loft with a balcony. The entrance was on the second floor, the stairs going up the right side of the big, white structure to a small front porch. All three living levels had big windows that faced the marina, the living area having a bay window. The top was entirely windows across the front, with a sliding door in the middle to walkout onto the balcony.

Once they finished breakfast, Neil and Ann got Owen ready and they put him in his stroller. Crossing the road, they headed east along the water, making their way toward Pier 39. But they moved south before getting there, climbing one of the steep hills the city was known for. The leisurely walk took almost an hour before they arrived at Rose's shop.

They were there for a portrait sitting for Owen as well as some taken of the entire family, the time made more special because Chad and Dana had brought the girls into the city to do the same. Having extra help allowed Neil and Ann to be able to have professional pictures done with just the two of them in addition to the ones with Owen. Ann marveled at how well Allison occupied her son, seeing the similarities between her and Dana. She had the same calming effect on Mindy, who was always full of energy.

The two families spent the better part of an hour together at the studio, having an incredible time. It was in stark contrast to the activities that had dominated the trip to that point. While the mission Neil had set out on had turned out to be a success, it was nice to be able to relax now that everything was behind them. It suddenly felt more like a vacation than an assignment from MI6. More to his Bond line of thinking it was actually the follow-up holiday reward he would often get after putting his life on the line for his country. He just hadn't bedded his Bond babe yet because they'd both been too exhausted the night before.

When Rose wrapped up the photo shoot, having captured the love and beauty of the two happy families, she left the shop in the capable hands of her staff. She accompanied the group as they made their way down to Fisherman's Wharf via a cable car. They all met up with Todd and Gracie at an incredible seafood restaurant for lunch.

When the bill came an hour later, Todd reached for it but Neil beat him to it. He was about to protest but Neil insisted.

"You and Gracie have been more than gracious with everything, Todd. I don't want to rehash the last few days because I want to put it behind us, but nothing happens if you don't step up when we needed you."

"Neil, we've talked about this. We know we're fortunate, which is why we love helping. And in this case, it would have been criminal not to. Please don't feel you have to repay us."

"It's not about repaying you. This is about friendship. We've talked about that before."

Todd was quick to recall the morning after they'd met, and how Neil had insisted then that he pay for breakfast, correctly guessing that not many of the Armstrong's friends picked up the tab because they were wealthy. It was that character in Neil that forged the basis of their friendship to begin with. With that Todd acquiesced, allowing Neil to slip his credit card into the wallet with the bill.