Annatexie, Pt. 01

Story Info
Finding love out west.
1.9k words
4.47
1.3k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 5 of the 6 part series

Updated 12/15/2023
Created 11/12/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Part 1

Admittedly, I'm rough around the edges. I don't always shave, and the growth gets a little unruly. Now I want you to know, I do shower every day. Depending on what I'm doing, sometimes, more often. Probably don't replace my clothes soon enough. The boots are worn, but very comfy. The jeans are faded and with a hole here and there. They too are comfy. A tee shirt in the spring and summer, well, early fall as well. A nice collection of soft, worn flannel when it's cold. Got some grey in the hair and beard. Don't care. I ain't everyone's cup of tea, and I only drink sweet tea. Oh, and coffee. Which gets me to this story. Oh, by the way, I'm Chuck. There is a café here in town if you want to call it a town. Mostly it's a couple of businesses and houses by the highway in the middle of frickin' nowhere. But things are usually quiet.

I'm sittin' there one morning. Havin' some coffee and breakfast. A couple of fried eggs, bacon, sausage, grits, and toast. Plenty of hot sauce. This gal comes in the door and finds the owner. Looks like she's got a five-year-old in tow. I hear her ask for a job. Looks to me like she's had a rough go of it. Mike, the owner, says he could use some help if she knows waitressing. She says she does, and Mike asks her name. she says with the cutest little drawl. "Annatexie" An unusual name I think to myself. Annatexie leaves with her child. I assume to find someplace to stay and find a babysitter.

I gotta get my ass to work. I like my job. It ain't much, just ranch work. Movin' cattle, fixin' fences, and other jobs that need done. I know my way around a horse or a motorcycle. Sometimes its dirty work and messy, but its honest and I make a good living. I sleep good at night. Most of my meals are at the café. I can't cook for squat. Well, I can pour a bowl of cereal. I tried cookin' on a hot plate once in my room. That didn't turn out so well. The property owner said if I tried it again, he'd kick my ass out. So, the café it is.

Guess who my server is the next morning. Yup, Annatexie. She's got on a tank top, Daisy Dukes and boots. Annatexie has some nice-lookin' curves. I think so anyway. She's about as cheerful as the day is long. I like that. She brings me my breakfast and keeps my coffee cup full. I like that too. Because I was here when she was hired, I know she's strugglin' some. I leave her nice tip. Annatexie says. "Well thanks Sugar." She has me smilin' all morning. I notice she has most of us smilin.' And yes, I did notice her scootin' across the floor in them shorts and boots. I ain't lyin.' Gotta gets to work.

The day was full and busy. I like it that way. Things go quick. Not easy, but quick. By the time I rolled into the café for dinner, I was a dusty mess. My T-shirt was sweat stained and dirty. The jeans had some mud and the boots. Well, the boots might have had more the dirt on 'em. I brushed off the big chucks and beat some of the dust off. My cowboy hat hung on a hook by the door. Well here comes Annatexie. She's carrin' a big glass of ice water. I'm ready for that. Anna is wearin' a bright pink tank top and Daisy Dukes with boots. There's a bit of her pink bra showin' on the sides.

She smiles and speaks.

"You want to know about the special Sugar?"

"Nope." I answer. "Just bring me the special please."

"Sure, thing Sugar. You want something to drink?"

I just raise my water glass.

"This is just fine."

Anna sashays across the floor. I like the way she makes them shorts move.

A few minutes later, Anna returns with my food. Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a little salad. She leans over while placin' my plate down. I get a nice view of some plentiful cleavage.

"Here ya go Sugar."

She is all smiles. I think she's a flirtin' with me. I spend some time watching her interact with other customers. Annatexie is nice and smiley with them, but it ain't the same as with me. Kind of makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Although, I can't figure out why she's interested in a dusty cowpoke like me? Annatexie takes pretty good care of me. Always checkin' on me to make sure I got everything I need. A piece of apple pie makes an appearance on my table. I probably didn't need that, but it sure tasted good. Finally, I can't eat no more.

Anna brings me the check.

There is a note attached.

"Hey Sugar. The Legion is having a dance this Saturday night. I need a date, and would you be interested in takin' me? Cause I sure would like to go with you. Annatexie."

I look up from the note. Anna is behind the counter and a watchin' me with a big smile on her face. I feel a broad smile spread on my own. I leave some money with the check and a generous tip. I also scribble a big "Yup" on the note. I can't explain it. I'm attracted to her. She's lively and beautiful. And she's interested in me. Not a lot of ladies are these days are lookin' for guys like me. I ain't handsome. I ain't rich and I ain't got a big ass truck. I must work to make a living, and I have all I need. Although, I will admit. Life gets lonely now and again. It would be nice to have someone to share it with. Do you suppose Annatexie could be that one?

It was a few days until the dance. This gave me a chance to go through my clothes. A good thing too, cause, most of my jeans were shot. I made a short trip to the local dry good store and found a pair. A nice short sleeve western shirt as well. And, in my closet, a nice clean western straw hat. I even polished my boots. Not a small task, mind you. During the week, I still had my meals at the café. So, I saw Annatexie twice every day. So, we talked often. I learned a little about her each day. Her daughter's name was Lily, and she was five. Anna was straight up with me. Did I mind that she had Lily? Well, no I didn't. She was a little version of Anna. I ain't about to judge somebody and their past. Mine ain't squeaky clean.

Saturday afternoon, I cleaned out the cab of my pickup. A ponderous task indeed. But I didn't want Anna to crawl into filth. I arrived to pick her up. Knocked on the door and there she was. A pair of jean shorts, cowboy boots and a bright pink halter top. The blond hair all done up and curly. She was a sight I'll say. Little Lily was with her in a pink dress and little pink sandals. I was gettin' a two for one. The girls were loaded into the truck and off we went. Now you may think takin' a five-year-old to a Legion bar is odd. Well, around here, it's pretty much the center of social life. So, there's lots of kids runnin' round.

I escorted my two girls into the dance. They were the prettiest one's there. Lily hadn't spent much time around me. She was a little shy. But that's okay. The café owner's wife kept tabs on Little Lily. Anna and I hit the floor for some line dancin' with a bunch of the others. It was a great evening, and I hadn't had that much fun in a very long time. Anna and I sat out for a time to rest and get somethin' to drink. It was off and away from most folks.

I had the impression Anna wanted to talk.

"Chuck. I'm gonna be right up front with you. After I met you, I ask folks about you. Not one soul had a bad thing to say. They do say that you're honest and work hard. They also say that you treat people with respect and do what you can to help others. I'm lookin' for a husband that will take care of me and Lily. Somebody that won't beat me. Lily needs a dad. I need a husband. Now I ain't sayin' we should get married this instant. I know I'm not the youngest girl around and asking someone to take on a child that ain't theirs is a big ask. But I'll tell you this. I will love you like no other. I can tell already."

Well folks, I can tell you this. I have never heard or had such a proposal in all my life. Annatexie is a sittin' there and lookin' at me powerfully hard. Lots of scenarios went through my head really quick. It's clear that Anna had given this much thought. I would like a chance with her, I think. But this is awfully fast. I gave my answer some thought before opening my mouth.

"Anna, I don't know exactly what to say. I think you're about the prettiest thing I've ever seen. Even though we don't know each other very much. I would like to see what happens with us. I think Little Lily is about the cutest thing ever. I'm gettin' to the age now that when I get interested in a girl, I would like for it to be the real thing. I'm too old for games. Let's see what happens. Okay?"

Anna sat there a lookin' at me.

She smiled gently and spoke.

"Okay."

It was kind of an awkward moment.

So, I say.

"Anna, how about a slow dance?"

I stood, held out my hand and she took it. The music was soft and slow. At first, we kind of stood apart. That didn't last long. Soon we were pressed up against each other. The scent of her filled my head with wicked thoughts about what was under that halter top. I managed some self-control. Well, mostly anyway. Anna's hips pushed up to mine. Her eyes got really big when it was realized my wicked thoughts had taken physical form. Yup, I was hard and not about to move away from Anna. Didn't want no one see me like this.

Anna laid her head on my chest and spoke.

"Relax Sugar. We got all the time we need. Now I won't move until you are "more" relaxed.

She wasn't about to see me embarrassed. I like that. It was the best slow dance of my life.

Anna and I spent a good part of the evening dancin.' Slow dances were the best. The café owner's wife had taken Lily home with her. She told Anna not to worry, she'd take care of her. The room was a little warm. We stepped outside to cool off. Anna stood there in the moonlight, back against the wall and one booted foot on the wall too. All my brains screamed at me to get over there and kiss her. So, I did. Soft at first, kind of exploring. Then it got heavier.

Anna responded. About ten minutes of this, she stopped and spoke.

"Let's go to your place."