Anniversary Ch. 02

Story Info
She tries to win him back.
12.5k words
4.14
22.7k
30

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 07/08/2023
Created 07/05/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LJA644
LJA644
924 Followers

Very re-miss of me for not thanking AnAverageGuy61 for his proof reading, Sorry mate.

My wife was going to let a work colleague seduce her to boost his confidence, but it was on our wedding anniversary, and he convinced her to take her wedding rings off.  I sat with my Father in Law after my Mother in Law had taken their daughter to their house. 

My father-in-law was sitting in my lounge with me sipping a beer, and my mother-in-law had taken my wife to their house. My wife had ruined a surprise I had been planning for nearly a year for our 10th Wedding Anniversary. I had just given all the tickets for the train, the hotel and the show I had booked to my in-laws.   

"Come on son, a simple mistake, she didn't sleep with him," David said.  

"Sorry David I can't agree with you, it's not just the fact she was going to sleep with another man or allow him to seduce her, or that she forgot our anniversary, they are bad enough on their own. But this has been going on too long, far too long. I've been playing second fiddle to her lame ducks for as long as I can remember. Normally I can handle it because once she got them sorted, she came back. But this one really takes the biscuit."  

I carried on; I held my hand up and I started counting off on my fingers. I don't know if I have enough fingers for this. And I went on a rant. "She lied to me, she told me she couldn't get tomorrow off, she had It booked off two weeks ago, so she's been planning this for more than two weeks.   

"She deceived me, amongst other things she spent over £500 on a phone that looks exactly like hers so I wouldn't notice just so she could stay in contact with that married twat. She's been working late two days a week so she can stay and 'chat ' with the married twat to sort out his problems. I thought she was getting flexi-time so we could be away.   

"She's stolen from me, not just for the phone, but £700 or so on that bloody spa day. That was our money and she was spending it on him so she stole from me half of that money for that shit.   

"She ignored me. I warned her what he was trying to do. But oh no, she knew better, he couldn't possibly be like that. She spent evenings with him out dancing, and whilst I am absolutely certain there was complete innocence on her part, she ignored me and pushed me aside to help this fucking lame duck, who isn't a lame duck after all. Three times she has ignored me. He wanted to go dancing; OK the rest of the office was there but she went instead of coming home to me.  

She asked me if she could go out for a coffee with him in the evening, I told her I didn't want her to, but it was her choice. That coffee turned into a few drinks and a pub meal whilst I was sat at home with a ruined dinner. She didn't bother to phone me and didn't answer her phone. That pissed me off.  

"I told her to be home by 7:00 o'clock at the latest today as I had a special dinner for her and it was gone half past bloody seven when she got in. Because she'd been to Mario's with him.  

"Don't worry David not much more, this is a little delicate, I shouldn't be talking about this with her father. She started wearing stockings because he liked them and tried to fob it off that it was for me, she thought of me second and I've had enough. The sex has been fantastic, but now I'm not sure if it was love sex or that she felt guilty, or it was mercy sex. I'm not sure which. She forgot our wedding anniversary, and she was going to let herself have sex with another man, but the real crippler is where is her wedding ring?"  

He had a sad look on his face, he was trying his best to limit the damage.  

"I can see where you're coming from son, give us a chance and let's see what we can do." He looked at me solemnly. "Perhaps she has this mother hen disposition because you can't have children. We thought you'd both got over that and lived with it. Perhaps she's pushed that paternal love to the wrong place?"  

Oh bloody hell, David was being an amateur psychologist now, it must run in the family. "I'll tell you what you can do David, go on the weekend; because I would hate to see it wasted. And will give her some time to think about what she's done, and we'll see where we go from there."  

"And where do you go from here?"  

"I'm sorry David, I really don't know, I've had my head up my own arse for the last five months thinking everything was fine and dandy, until just after seven this evening when I found out she was with him instead of being here with me. Then I found out she was going to let herself be seduced and have sex with him tomorrow. I don't give a flying fuck that she didn't know he was married. Several times she's put him before me. So as far as I'm concerned at this moment in time, he can have her because if she really loved me, she wouldn't do this to me.  

"I've lost count of how many animals I've buried in the back garden that she's brought home or the amount we've spent on vet's fees or the number of times she's tried to sort out arguments at work and she's been a shoulder to cry on. I have no complaints about that, I knew what she was like when I married her, and part of me loves her for it. But making herself available to be seduced and fucked by another man. I'm not sure I can get over that. Maybe I will, but just now, I really don't know."  

He looked sad, "anything we can do just let us know." He phoned for a taxi; we sat there in silence just enjoying the beer with that silent companionship you sometimes have with a person. The taxi horn sounded outside, and I went with him to the door. We hugged each other, that was the first time we'd ever done that.   

"Please give her a chance, son. I'll tell Miriam we're having a weekend in the smoke if you promise me that you will talk to Karen over this weekend." He looked at me sheepishly, "And this is a difficult thing to ask after what she's done, please keep an eye on her. I don't think she's come to terms with what she's done yet. But she might over this weekend. And she'll need someone to turn to."  

"David I'm so confused at the moment; I really don't know what the fuck to do. But I love her and her quirky ways. So yes, I promise you I'll phone her at the same time you're getting on the train. Assuming it's not late of course." I gave him a weak grin at the weak humour, he gave me a weak smile back and a nod of the head.  

I didn't drink any more beer, I had a very large G&T which took me the rest of the night to drink as I sat there thinking, pondering and planning.   

I hadn't actually drunk that much; I hadn't slept much either. But in the morning I was standing in the window of our bedroom at the front of the house when I saw one of those flash white electric cars drive past, nothing strange in that, but it slowed down to a crawl as it passed our house and then took off, quietly.  

I had no proof it was him, I couldn't see the number plate, but he drove a car like that. What was he up to?   

I kept my promise to David, Karen was naïve, and my trust in her had been dented, but I trusted her enough that nothing would happen now. It was that married twat that I didn't trust. So, at 11:00 o'clock Friday I was sat in my car just down the road from David and Mirriam's house. I was surprised when Karen didn't phone me just after they left. so, I gave it until half past eleven and phoned her.  

"Hello," she answered timidly.   

"How are you doing?"  

"Not well," I heard a large intake of breath and a small cough, I knew she'd gathered herself together, I wasn't sure where this was going. "I love you; I know I cocked up big time, but I'm not sure how much yet. I need to work it out, my head is so confused at the moment. Please give me some time to think about what I've done wrong, please, I know it's my fault, give me some time to think about it." She Was repeating herself; she sounded a mess.  

"I have a question, where is your wedding ring now?"  

I heard her sob, "It's on my finger."  

"Prove it, send me a picture."  

"Okay, not sure how to do that whilst speaking on the phone, I'm going to hang up, I'll be straight back."  

I was going to tell her how, but she'd hung up.  

It was more than 5 minutes before the phone chirped and a picture of her hand with the ring on it appeared. 5 minutes, that was a long time just to take a picture and send it.  

The phone rang. "That took a long time just to take a picture." I was quite brusque.  

"Sorry, one of the cats was sick and I had to clear up the mess before the other one started eating it. I was wearing it all the time."  

"I'm not sure I believe you."  

"It's true, look at the properties you'll see what time it was taken not the time it was sent."  

I did and she was right, but there was still this element of distrust. I calmed down. 

"Shall I come round for a chat?"  

"Yes please, give me an hour or so, I don't want you to see me looking like this."  

Then I saw the flash white electric car drive up, Oliver got out and went up to the house, how did he know where she was? Karen was still on the phone, and I was going to warn her but decided to let it play out. She didn't know I was watching,  

"Hang on, there's somebody at the door, stay there, please." I heard her walk to the door and it opened.  

I could see from where I was that she had the safety chain on. "What do you want?" I heard her say to Oliver. She didn't sound pleased. This could be interesting, so I started the audio recorder on my phone. I'd had the phone messed around with because I kept on forgetting things, so I can now record telephone conversations, which this phone couldn't normally do.  

I heard him say, "I was wondering where you were, I thought we had a plan for a nice spa day."  

"No, go away, I never want to see you again." I heard her say.  

"Look, just open the door and we can talk about it."  

"No, just fuck off."  

"Look open this door or I'm going to make a scene and the whole of the street will wonder what the noise is."  

I saw the door open and he went in, but the door didn't close. What do I do now, do I go across a knock on the door and confront him or just wait and see what happens? I got out of the car and went and stood beside the house, still listening to the phone.  

As soon as she opened the door, she said to him, "How did you find me?"  

"I tracked your phone." Then he started in a pleading voice, "Why weren't you at the spa, I felt such an idiot standing there on my own; come on let's go now we've still got time."  

"No, I'm not going, my husband knows all about you and what you've been trying to do. I know as well."  

"No, you're just helping me get over my divorce, it's been so hard. You really helped and today would just finish it off just to relax with you, I wouldn't feel so rejected. It's just a massage and dinner."  

"No. Dinner was not on the cards, I had to be home by five, I told you that."  

"But I'm sure your husband wouldn't mind helping out a workmate, he was OK with it before."  

"He didn't know, I didn't tell him, he didn't want me to see you. But I wanted to help you so I went behind his back. That was the biggest mistake of my life. So now get out."  

"No, no what am I going to do I might just have to kill myself."  

She growled at him. "Well go on then, or you could just go home to your wife; you know Cheryl Wright, the youngest executive officer at Harwell and Sons; and the one who was on Facebook with her Bonny children and her ever loving husband Oliver at the zoo last weekend."  

He didn't give up, "they're old stories, that was before the divorce."  

"The dates on the newspaper and Facebook don't lie,"  

There was a large intake of breath and a small cough, she carried on, "You owe me £1200 for the phone you got me to buy and the spa, I want it here by the time the banks close today or I will tell your wife what you've been doing."  

"She won't believe you, and what about the children?"  

"So, you admit it then. Whether she believes me or not it'll put doubt into her head."  

He sounded dejected now, "Yes, I admit it, you're a sweet, beautiful lady and I wanted you. You're a caring person, please don't tell my wife, it'll hurt the children."  

"Trying to use your children against me now are you, you really are a despicable bastard."  

I heard this oofh sound and the front door opened some more, and Oliver came staggering out, he couldn't walk upright, he was bent over and had his hands on his nether regions. He got just outside the door and threw up.  

"Are you still there?" She was talking to me.  

"Yes, I'm still here."  

"Can you come round now please, you heard all that, I've been such a fucking fool."  

I was at the front door in about 10 seconds, she stood there shaking. I rushed up and held her. I was tempted to give Oliver a swift kick as I passed, but I don't kick people who are down. It was really starting to dawn on her what she'd done. I helped her into the kitchen, sat her in a chair and made a pot of tea. We sat there for about half an hour, she was sobbing, and I just held her hand.  

We were sitting there; the sobbing had stopped when there was an almighty crash as two cats came screaming through the cat flap instantly demanding to be fed in exchange for the live mouse they'd brought in and let go, that shook us into action. We went to our usual routine, she grabbed the cats, I went for the mouse and managed to get it. By the time I got back from putting the mouse down the bottom of the garden, she'd gathered herself again.   

"Can you come round for dinner tomorrow please I've got to get my head round everything that's happened?" She walked up to me put her arms around me and gave me a kiss, she pulled back a little looked at me and said, "I love you with all my heart, but I've made a huge mistake and I want to work out a way to sort it out, for you to forgive me and love me again."   

"I've never stopped loving you, I'm not sure about forgiveness. You know how much I look forward to wedding anniversaries; how important they are to me; and well, you know." I just dried up, I didn't want to say too much and make it worse than it was. "We'll have to see. I'll be here at four, is that OK?"  

She just nodded, we were still in each other's arms, I gave her a gentle squeeze, a peck on the cheek and went home to do some thinking myself.  

It was about half past nine, I was sitting on the sofa with two cats doing nothing in particular. I had thought myself all out when I heard the key in the front door and it opened. Karen walked in, she was wearing her mackintosh, it wasn't raining; she didn't look as bad as she did when I left her this afternoon at a parent's house.  

She didn't say a thing, she dropped her coat on the floor and she was stark naked, she leaned down grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet. She pulled me towards the stairs and up into our bedroom, she undressed me, still not a word had been spoken. She pushed me back on the bed, climbed on the bed and took me in her mouth. She's very good with her mouth. When I was fully hard, she sat on top of me and eased herself onto me, she slowly moved up and down with her body. This was nice but it was getting a tad frustrating. I took control, I rolled her onto her back. Her legs went around my back. I could get in further. Her arms went round my neck and she pulled me down, then she hung on to me, she was pushing back, meeting me thrust for thrust. We came together and I collapsed on top of her. I rolled off of her, then she snuggled into my shoulder. We were both shattered and we both fell asleep. Neither of us had said a word.  

I woke up at about three, she wasn't there. I rolled over and went back to sleep. I got up in the morning and went downstairs to make some tea and toast and there was a note on the kitchen table.  

"Thank you for not turning me away, sex can't fix this, but love can. I love you. K. XXX."  

I got to the house just before four o'clock, she looked nice, we had dinner and talked about the usual stuff, she'd heard from her parents, her dad had enjoyed the lecture, didn't understand a lot of it, but it was nice to be surrounded by engineers even if in a different discipline to his old one. He was a mechanical, not an electrical engineer. Her mother loved the spa. We chatted about the weather, the cats and stuff like that till we had finished eating. There was no mention of last night.  

We went and sat in the living room; it was time to talk about serious stuff. She bought a bottle of wine, one of her dad's good ones and me a beer. David normally only drinks beer when there's no wine. She must have bought these on purpose. I waited.  

She spent a few minutes looking down into her lap, then she did her usual sigh and then cough, lifted her head, "I've been doing some thinking and I know what I've done wrong, you like lists so here it goes. I'm afraid there's no particular order. I lied to you; I went behind your back when you purposely asked me not to. You're right I did steal that money from you, I was planning to sell the phone the next week after the spa weekend because in my mind it would be finished with Oliver, but from what I learned yesterday that wasn't his plan. I was going to put the money back in the bank so you wouldn't notice it missing. I was going to put money out of my wages into the building society to make up what I used but I realised today that the money I was putting into there I should have been putting into our savings anyway.   

"I put him first, not the man I love. I never did anything for him that I didn't for you, and I didn't do anything for him where you weren't in my mind, I just did some of them for him first, and that was so wrong. I sort of got lost, you supported me in all the other waifs and strays that I've looked after over the years, I just assumed that this would be the same. I just got so wound up with this one. I seriously thought at some stage he was going to do himself harm. I know now that to be a total load of bollocks. and that makes me extremely foolish."  

She paused, and took a drink of her wine. "And I've realised that had I gone ahead with it, and you're right, I probably would have done; I'd have left myself completely open to blackmail and who knows where he would have stopped. I'd like to think I would have come to you and been open, but I'm not sure I would have. I ignored you and all the things you've done for me. The sex was fantastic, and I think subconsciously they were guilty fucks, I didn't think that at the time, but looking back, well, you know; hindsight is an exact science." She smiled a little smile at me, "But they were good, very good. and I'm going to miss them."  

She'd let something slip there.  

"I know how much the celebration of our wedding day is important to you, the passing of one fantastic year with all the problems we've overcome throughout the year and looking forward to another year together. I'm so ashamed, getting wrapped up with Oliver is a reason, but it's not an excuse. I should have remembered. OK, I didn't realise I might have had sex with another man on our wedding anniversary. But I completely understand that's how you see it, I thought about how I would feel if you had sex with another woman on our wedding anniversary and it doesn't bear thinking about."  

She was openly crying now; she wiped her nose on the back of her hand, stood up and went into the kitchen. I heard her blow her nose. She came back bringing me a beer. "I'm sure you've got other stuff I've done wrong, go ahead if you want to lay them on me. I need you to be honest, if you've got any questions, I will answer them and be completely honest with you."  

I had tears running down my cheeks as well. "It was so frustrating warning you and having you ignore me, even more so after I'd told you about wearing short skirts and brushing your hair that you realised what you were doing and you stopped. I thought then you were taking my warnings to heart, and it hurts me so much now that you didn't. I know why you didn't but that doesn't help. I feel I must take a smidgeon of the blame for having my head up my own arse, for not looking into that wanker sooner. But he was very good at hiding stuff. I have to thank Janice and Alice for the gen they got me. But I do have one question, why did you take your wedding ring off?"  

LJA644
LJA644
924 Followers