Anniversary Ch. 04

Story Info
Is there a light at the end of the tunnel or not?
11.4k words
4.09
13.3k
35

Part 4 of the 4 part series

Updated 07/08/2023
Created 07/05/2023
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
LJA644
LJA644
925 Followers

Things between Karen and Brian get worse.

Nearly a week went by and I hadn't heard from either Karen, they didn't reply to my texts and my phone calls went unanswered. This was strange. I knew it was my ex-Karen's last day at her waitressing job on that Saturday, so I popped round to the restaurant. I bided my time and when she wasn't busy, I walked in, went up to her and asked her if we could have a chat if she had time. She turned and looked at me with a stare so hard it looked like she wanted me to die. I told her I would wait outside. I was confused by how she greeted me. I went outside and stood beside my car. She came out 10 minutes later straight at me.  

"You've got a fucking nerve, coming here like this."  

I lost it. "What the fuck are you on about. I haven't got a fucking scoobies what you're on about. What have I done wrong now?"  

"You've been fucking Mary all this time whilst you've been leading us on."  

"No, I haven't where the fuck did you hear that."  

"Mary was in here on Sunday with some friends, she was going on about how she shagged the new single bloke at work called Brian, he was just divorced, she'd showed him a good time and he'd make an excellent stepfather for her boy. He just didn't know it yet but she could shag her way into his heart." She was crying now.  

"That's bollocks." I took my phone out and thrust it into her hands, "You know the passcode I've not changed it and unlike you this is the only phone I've got. Go through there and see if there is anything that shows we're sleeping together." With that opened the car door leaned in and ripped off the dash Cam, I thrust it into her hands and said. "Look at that, that's four hours of driving recorded there. Everywhere I've been in the car, it's just home, the vets and work. See if there is anything on there."  

She looked at those devices in her hands, then at me dumbfounded, "But she said you'd been shagging." She did one of her usual coughs and then a sigh, straightened herself up and said. "She was bragging wasn't she."  

Now she got it, I was fucking pissed off because she'd not come to me and asked, she just blanked me she didn't give me a chance, so I calmly loaded both barrels of the figurative shotgun and let her have them both.  

"You and I are not married," she nodded.  

"So, if I fuck Mary, it's got nothing to do with you."   

Again, she nodded, "New Karen?" she said in a whisper.  

"She's never said she has any affection for me, she's never given me any indication of a long-term relationship, all I've had is some sexy kisses. I really don't know where I stand. I've fucked you more than I have her. No one has said we're exclusive because nothing has fucking happened yet. So, if I do fuck Mary, it's got fuck all to do with her." A few things were wandering around in my head, it took me a few seconds to get them sorted out. "And I've just had about enough of this two fucking Karen's shit, I never know who I'm talking to. I might just give in and fuck Mary with all this pissing around." I grabbed my phone out of her hands, left the dash Cam and stormed off. The rugby club is still open, I might make last orders.  

I got to the club, it's full of happy smiling people, the last thing I wanted. The team captain saw me and came over, and grabbed me. He thrust a pint of beer into my hands, it was welcome, I finished it in one go. Another one appeared. "So, how's it going with this woman thing then, two women, the same woman, you're a lucky bastard." he smiled.   

"What the fuck do you know about that?"  

"For Christ's sake man this place is full of psychiatrists, psychologists, Doctors and lawyers we're not fucking stupid. Karen fucked up, we don't know how or why, but she's made an alter ego to get you back. Now drink that beer, it's your round." Shit, were we that so see through, right buy my round then go home. The next thing I know is Dave the barman shouting, "Keep the fucking noise down and turn those lights out." Oh shit a lock-in, this could be a long night.  

I managed to get away at about 1:30. I didn't drive, I staggered back to my house and as I approached the front door, I could see a huddle by the front door, far too big for a cat and anyway the time lock on the cat flap wouldn't let the girls out. Oh shit, I had to get in and feed the girls. The huddle got up, it was Karen. Her hair was a mess. Oh shit, which one had I got now. I was probably not sober enough for a decent conversation with either of them.  

"You're pissed."  

"What do you expect, I drink to forget all the shit you have brought into my life. Nine months ago I was the happiest I have ever been and you went and fucked that up. Now you expect me to work my bollocks off to get back there. Well, I've tried and I've had enough. If you want a future with me it's going to have to be all your work." That wasn't quite true, the Karens had done some work between themselves.  

She opened the front door and helped me in, I plopped onto the sofa. As she fed the girls, she told me she had walked past the rugby club with half the lights 'on and saw my car there and guessed what was happening. She had to speak to me, although seeing me now it would probably have to wait.  

But like a fool I carried on, I was still a little angry. "What the fuck do you want?"  

"I wanted to talk about us."  

"What fucking us?"  

You, me and new Karen, and maybe Mary."  

"Why do you care? We're not married, just fuck buddies," then a thought flashed across my drunken brain. Old Karen was trying to keep me busy so I didn't go off shagging the likes of Mary, to give new Karen a chance. "We're not exclusive, so it's none of your business and I haven't slept with your new friend. And in fact, I don't know how she feels about me, we've had a few sexy kisses but that is as far as it's gone. I don't know where I stand with her. Does she even like me."  

I got up and staggered into the kitchen heading for the beer fridge. Karen got there first and pushed it closed before I got a bottle out.   

"Go and sit down, I'll make you some tea."  

I'm sure she let me stew for a while. After a couple of minutes she came in with a cup of tea, I do like strong tea when I've had too much ale to drink. I had calmed down a tad.  

Karen looked at me and smiled, her hair was still a mess but she said. "Of course we like you; we love you. It's just that new Karen doesn't want to hurt you, you've been hurt enough already. And have you told her how you feel?"  

I leaned forward a little, "I didn't fuck up!" I paused for a bit, she was right I hadn't. "The ball is in new Karen's court, not mine. if she doesn't knock into mine, I can't send it back."  

With that wave of tiredness hit me, all this talking and thinking was wearing me out. I just lay down on the sofa. Then I thought the girls needed feeding, I'd better go and do that. I sat up and Karen pushed me back down and said. "Don't worry about the girls and the kitten, I've sorted them out." I just laid back down and closed my eyes. The next thing I knew, somebody was putting a blanket over me. I slowly opened my eyes and there was Karen still with messy hair. She kissed me on the cheek and whispered to me, "I'll tell new Karen to get her tennis racket out before it's too late. I'm sure there is more than one Mary on the horizon." Through the drunken haze, I think I got what she was saying.  

I woke up in the morning and the sun was streaming through the curtains then even through the hangover I'm sure I heard the front door close. I staggered across to the armchair, it was still warm. She must have stayed all night. I shall have to thank her for that, but confusion again, which one. Bugger, it's simple, say thank you to both they can bloody sort it out.  

I remember feeding the girls and making my way back to the sofa. I'd better see what damage was done, I looked in my wallet and it was empty. It looks like I've been mugged by the great old speckled hen. My head certainly felt like it. Around midday I shook myself up. I had things to do first of all was a cup of coffee. Then a plan, shopping to do, my car to collect from the rugby club, the lawn to cut, the windows could do with a clean inside and out. I decided just to keep myself busy to stop thinking. Thinking hurt, I still had a hangover.  

As I walked into the supermarket even through the fog I saw a bunch of flowers. Excellent 'Thank you' present. I picked them up and then I got a small greeting card and with one of the pens in the shop I wrote on the card, 'Thank you to the two of you.' Hopefully that will make them as confused as I was. I put the pen back when I'd finished with it.  

I kept an eye out for a ram raiding trolley in case one of the Karens should be around. There wasn't, however, there was Miriam, she came running up to me and threw her arms around me giving me a big hug. She pushed me back slightly, looked at me and said. "How are you doing?"  

She was still hanging on to me. I must have looked a mess. I looked at her, smiled and said. "OK I guess, I had a bit too much last night. And I'm a bit confused."   

"I can imagine," She gave me a little smile and said. "Hang on in there just a little longer, we had a long talk this morning and there were lots of tears. We don't think she's really got it sorted out in her head yet. But she will."  

"I hope so, and soon because this is wearing me out."  

"Look, let's go for a coffee in the café here, you look like you could do with one."  

I liked Mariam, I couldn't see a problem, "yes that would be nice, if I could be a bit cheeky a cappuccino and a bacon roll would go down well, right now."  

She put her hand on my arm, smiled at me and said. "It'll be my treat, I've just got to send a quick text, excuse me a minute." She turned away, got her phone out and was back within a couple of seconds. There was something a bit off, I couldn't put my finger on it, probably something to do with the hangover.  

She wasn't wrong, the Capuchino and bacon roll were just what I needed. We chatted, and she told me about what she and David were planning for Christmas and the New Year. I told her I had no plans as yet.  

As we got ready to carry on shopping, she hugged me, kissed me on the cheek again and said. "We'd love you to pop round for a chat and a coffee when Karen's at work, you know the hours she works, just give us a call anytime." With that, she toddled off. She couldn't help but notice the flowers in the trolley, but did she see the card?  

I shook myself, right decision time, let's get on with these jobs. I whistled through the checkout, got into the car and headed toward David and Miriam's place. I had thank you flowers to deliver. I didn't want to be seen so I parked down the road, I gently trotted up to the caravan, laid the flowers on the step, knocked on the door and left, then headed home.  

I went in the front door to be attacked by a little tortoiseshell cat, then she rushed off and started playing with a tennis ball. I don't like tennis, where the bloody hell did that come from. Thoughts were finding their way through the fog in my brain, and then something struck me. I gently wrestled the ball away from the cat. She got really grumpy with me, and started to crawl up my trouser leg. There was nothing on the outside but I noticed it was split. I opened it up and there was a note. I read it. 'Please will you have dinner with me tonight? Red Lion 1900 the table is booked in my name. NKxxx ' I sent her a text. 'See you RL 1900.'  

I got on with my jobs, I felt quite light headed and I don't think it was last night's beer. It appears some good may have come out of last night after all, and not just me filling up the rugby club's coffers.   

I got to the Red Lion a little bit early and asked for the table, she wasn't there. The Matre'd showed me to our table, he had just taken our drinks order when she walked in, she was radiant, gorgeous, stunning and her hair was parted on the left, I stood and pulled her chair out for her, she gave me a kiss on the cheek and we sat down. It was a little uncomfortable, then she smiled at me and said. "Thank you so very much, we loved the flowers they mean a lot to us." I was about to say something when she held a hand up. "No more talk of old Karen this is just me and you, but I wanted to know how much she appreciated them, as much as I do." She smiled, reached a hand across the table and gently grasped mine. I suddenly felt calm. We set about ordering dinner. We chatted, I told her about the jobs I was doing for Wendy, she told me about her new advertising campaign and she was in charge of recruiting a new member of staff. Because they had one leave, suddenly it appears he didn't fit in.  

The evening went well, she ordered me a glass of port and then said to me. "I've got my car, can I give you a lift home, or would you like to come to mine? I've got something I think you might like."  

She gave me a grin untucked the hair from behind her ear and let it hang across her face. She gave me that sexy look. She knows how much that turns me on. I smiled at her and said. "I would be honoured to see anything you can show me." With that we walked out to her car. We were just pulling into her street, I was looking at her with the lights from the dashboard, she looked good. All of a sudden her eyes flew wide open as she said. "Oh shit." I looked forward and I could see the caravan parked in the driveway and there was water pissing out of it.  

She unlocked it and we rushed inside and turned the water off, I had a quick look and saw a union that had come unscrewed from the wall and as it was a pressure system with the pressure released it kept pumping, and she was connected to the main water supply from the house.   

I asked if there were any tools in the caravan, there weren't.  

"Don't worry, Dad has a bag of tools for the van in the garage, I'll get him to fetch them." Karen tried the front door, it was locked. A bit strange I thought. She rang the bell, it took a while for them to answer the door, and they were a bit shy opening it.   

"David, do you have any tools? The van has sprung a water leak and I need some spanners."  

"Certainly, won't be long." With that he rushed away.   

Mirriam was wearing a little bit of makeup, she looked nice, she was an attractive lady and David looked well polished. It was just past 9 o'clock at night. I noticed that Mirriam kept on pulling the sleeves of her cardigan down. Then I saw the red marks on her wrists. We had interrupted something.  

I looked at Miriam, she was a bit nervous. "Sorry about that, we won't disturb you again tonight, even if the van catches fire," I said and smiled at her.  

She blushed and said, "Thanks, we would appreciate that." And two small lines appeared on either side of her mouth as she smiled. I had seen those marks before on Karen.  

I managed to sort out the leak in short order, but the carpets were soaking. Fortunately, they were removable. So, I took them out and put them under the van, hopefully, they would dry out. Meanwhile, Karen mopped up the water inside. Again, we worked as a team, the other one saw what needed to be done and did it. When we had finished, she sat on the bed and that was when I noticed there was a negligée set there. As I suspected she was planning something. I was certain that this was new Karen about to commit. Then she burst into tears. She looked at me and said, "I'm sorry, my dress is a mess, your suit needs cleaning, it's not how I wanted it to go at all, it's all ruined."  

I stood and held out my hand to her, "Let's go and see our girls and take it from there."  

She took my hand and smiled. Indicating the negligée set she said, "Can I bring these?"  

"The choice is entirely yours," I said with a smile.   

She let go of my hand and rushed into the back of the bedroom and I heard cupboards open and close. When she got back to me, she was carrying a small bag and the negligée set was gone.  

As we left, I took hold of the vase of 12 red roses I had sent both of the Karens, "Let's not waste these." I said to her.  

She promptly took 6 out and laid them on the sink draining board, "Don't they need to be in water?" I asked.  

"No, they belong to old Karen, they are her problem and she's not here." Taking hold of the vase, "These are mine." With that we left and went home.  

We got to the house, went in and she was mobbed by the girls, and there was a little tortoise shell face peering at her from the curtains, well halfway up them, going to have to stop her doing that. She wasn't sure of this Karen yet, but I was getting there.    

We got them settled down, I had a glass of beer and she had a glass of wine, she took my hand, looked at me and said, "I wanted to make this special, can I go upstairs and you follow in ten minutes?"  

I just smiled and nodded.  

I waited the required 10 minutes and went to the bedroom, it was empty, but the en-suite door was ajar with the light on. I sat on the bed and waited.   

The bathroom door opened and a vision walked in, the black negligée was showing just enough of her lovely body to make it enticing, the front was open, her breasts were peeking out. I could see a satin waspie with black stockings and shoes that must be at least six inches high. She did a slow twirl, when she said, "Do you approve for a first time?"   

"Oh yes!"  

I stood up and took her in my arms and we kissed. I thought New Karen and I'd had sexy kisses, but this blew my socks off.   

She took my hand and led me to the bed, and that wasn't the only place she took me that night.  

Breakfast in the morning was slightly subdued, I think we were both worn out. It was just the usual tea and toast. And the tortoiseshell face came and made herself a nuisance again. I would be glad when I could let her out, but then what would she bring me in. She'd come round to New Karen, but she still had no name, still known as 'kitten'. It was not unusual to see a furball of three cats rolling around the floor when the kitten jumped on either Peachy or Bozo. Seeing some of her antics I did consider calling her Cato after the Bert Kwok character in the Pink Panther series with Peter Sellers. But she was too pretty to be called Cato.  

Now with the awkward time, that morning after the first sex. Karen with her hair parted on the left broke the ice, "Where do we go from here?"  

I sort of turned it around on her. "Where do you want to go with this?"  

She gave me a funny look. "You know exactly what my aim is."  

Bugger, she turned it back to me. "I'm not sure, I'm nervous, can I trust you."  

"I know where you're coming from, I can understand why you would think that. But I've had long chats with my friend Karen. And there is no way I'm going to be that naïve again, I will listen to all of your warnings and will be completely honest with you. I will sign any agreement, do anything." She looked a little sad. Was she getting her Karen's mixed up, I think not. Then gave me a small smile and said "I'll even find the kitten a name."  

She carried on. "I know you're worried about being hurt again. I can't imagine how painful that must have been for you, and trust me I've had plenty of time to think. But I can't prove any of that to you unless we're together. Please give me a chance." She pulled herself up in the chair, looked me squarely in the eyes and said. "I love you; I have never stopped loving you. I made a mistake and I intend to spend the rest of my life making it up to you. If you let me."  

Tears were streaming down her face. "If you want me to go, just say so."  

"No, I want you to stay, I want to give you the chance to prove yourself to me. But I don't know how fast to move." I gave her a little smile. "I'm not sure the kitten's taken to you yet."  

LJA644
LJA644
925 Followers