All Comments on 'Annual Leave'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 97 Comments
KoxokKoxokover 2 years ago

Another great example of “my money is her money and her money is her money”.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

That was a well written quick work on the wife taking a lover scenario. Very unique take and was well written. Enjoyed this story very much

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Average story. AA++

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

Commits fraud then admits to it in writing but he is a lawyer.

What absolutely mindless drivel.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodleover 2 years ago

Remarkably shit. It’s like you dropped a nasty Taco Bell shit and left it for us.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

lost a star for admitting in writing to several felonies - no lawyer is that dumb

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I managed to track down her paramour that she went to Jamaica with and taught him a lesson. She did not find out till the following Monday what some of my contacts did to him.

He was a mess and would never walk properly again. Also he would never have sex again EVER.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Skippy47 doesn't take any crap from a harebrained wife!

5

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

So he admitted fraud in a letter and he’s a lawyer, so what? Pretty sure his new squeeze set up a new identity for him too.

Moral of the story… never assume you know how the person you’ve lived with for years will react when you take a dump on a supposedly good marriage.

Impo_64Impo_64over 2 years ago

Very good for a short story! Has it some issues? Of course is a short story! 4*

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

wow! really very very good.

Superb imagination and superb humor.

And what an end!

well done. I loved. 5⭐

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Now that was funny

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not even average!! Gave it 1 star and that’s too high

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Great "getting even and more" story. Fuck the nitwit comments. It was a really good flash story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Haha.

Very funny.

A darn good way to get rid of a skank.

Nice one Skippy47.

Wow. 3 Skippy47 posts in one day.

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago

1 Star

Trash.

-26thNC

hobie1010hobie1010about 2 years ago
Two Stars

Should have some payback on the the boyfriend that went on the week long trip with her

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Skippy, Skippy, Skippy. You just never learn. One should hope your stories would get better over time, sadly, yours only get worse.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Generally a lousy story. I know you had to wrap it up but a confessional letter is beyond implausible. You took a decent premise and ruined it.

2*

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

Skippy, you seem to be using Nakedcraving's model of quantity over quality.

\

"I won't hold it against you just like you won't hold what I do against me." - That's fine when it's mutually agreed to, not imposed unilaterally.

\

She already has a partner lined up, who knows if she's already tried him out, and spent THEIR money, giving him no time to take advantage of his side. "By not giving him much notice of my taking annual leave, I was hoping he couldn't find anyone to get intimate with that quickly." She also left him no money to do anything.

\

"She was beginning to get pissed off with her uncooperative husband." - Why should he cooperate with something that he never agreed to?

\

"the police admitted that they had no good leads." - Couldn't THEY get the info from his job?

\

Since he apparently left his job, why are they so protective of him, and aren't his family upset with him ditching them?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

How did he know what bank? I guess it is a fun little story but I'd really like to see more effort put into the writing; then again, it's a free site, and the authors are not paid so I guess my request is an unreasonable one. 4 stars.

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Quick little BTB but no suspense nor emotions to get your readers excited about the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

agree that the written confession was stupid. Maybe if he called or something not traced.

Regguy69Regguy69about 2 years ago

Whacky. Of course no one ever admits to a crime in writing. Maybe you could have used a self destructing tape recording like in Mission Impossible? Still a fun read, thanks.

PostScriptorPostScriptorabout 2 years ago

What? People don’t think that lawyers commit fraud? Think Stormy Daniel’s attorney, Mikey, probably trying to get bubba off his back even as we speak! LOL. Granted, Writing it down would be rather foolish, but given the wide range of powers that the CIA, FBI, NSA, IRS, shit, even the Post Office and Capitol police have been taking, even a quick phone call wouldn’t be private! HAHAHA!

mattenwmattenwabout 2 years ago

You seem to be in your fun phase. Despite that, the story is entertaining and well fermented. Good work!

Cracker270Cracker270about 2 years ago

Not usually a fan of BTB. This one is the exception. Good job, good story, well written.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Terrible, and beyond fantasy. No emotion, no character development. Thanks for the effort though.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Same old trope, 1* at best

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just dumb. The plot made no sense at all. At the end the idiot is on the run from the law for years. Great revenge? No, social suicide.

TajfaTajfaabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed it but felt it lacked something in relation to the characters. He should have found out who she went away with and informed his wife. It just seemed to lack emotion. Even so still a decent story.

tralan69ertralan69erabout 2 years ago

What writing?

Letter could have been sent by text from throw away phone, or typewriter sent by snail mail, which she could have done herself.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She sowed. She harvested. LP

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

Can't like her no matter how hard I might try.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Finally a repercussion worth that solves most if not all the issues with the cunt.

Of course the letter should not have been sent. Unless it was treated to dissolve within the hour of opening it and allowing air to react with it

26thNC26thNCabout 2 years ago

Great story about another narcissistic cheating wife who lost her comfortable life for an innocent little fling. You gave us 3 stories today and this is a good one. *5 from me.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Meh, I gave it a 3 and probably over-tipped, so to speak.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Really good story, well written

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

Could have been better. It was a very thin story at best.

Unfortunately you also used the same tired out over the top wife written in a manner to get the knuckle draggers riled up over her entitlement, clearly as you assumed your writing skills couldnt do the trick on their own.

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
LOL

What the fuck is a trope? Is it anything like tripe?🖕

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Way to go Skippy47. Good story and most enjoyable for those who dislike egotistic bitches. A total BTB and a near perfect story until, until...the last paragraph when he couldn't "forger" how she treated him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Some holes, but I liked it. Five Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Kind of dumb, and boring. But thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
5 stars

Excellent I love it! And for all you man-haters out there....kiss my anonymous ASS!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Of the 3 one-pager's submitted same day, this is by far the best. A good example of Skippy47 whimsy, gets a 4 from this monitor. As they might say in Jamaica, fire her up!

sdc97230sdc97230about 2 years ago
So he's left the country and assumed a new identity...?

Because he sent her a written confession that he committed identity theft and bank fraud.

BSreaderBSreaderabout 2 years ago
Humm

Well written interesting tale though

nixroxnixroxabout 2 years ago

3 stars - just a typical LW - BTB story - it is kind of like a template of the LW genre and you only change a few names and conditions to make a whole new story. You really need to look for some unique or substantially different condition or circumstance that makes your stories stand out from the crowd. In the LW category that would probably mean either humor, or some particularly nasty pay back.

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredabout 2 years ago

Great little story :)

As to "So he's left the country and assumed a new identity...? Because he sent her a written confession that he committed identity theft and bank fraud."

OK, where would the cops (local as no federal crime seems to have been committed) begin to search even if they were so inclined? Cops don't like cheats wither.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

story very real as to what a husband would do in such an event.. but whats not believable is that letter to wife confessing what he did.JAIL TIME... you could have explained that away better then allowing him to incriminate himself that easy.

timrivtimrivabout 2 years ago

With the confession the bank would have to give her back all the money he took.Plus with him abandoning her she could divorce him get the house and sell it.

lc69hunterlc69hunterabout 2 years ago

The detail in the letter letter was dumb, but good story anyway

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 2 years ago

"I discovered that a wife has to be dependable, be able to perform her job as expected, and, the most difficult part, keep her boss happy." - And this is different for a husband, how?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

timriv How would the bank know the letter was a real confession. If he did not sign it then there is no signature to compare. Also if the letter was typed then no handwriting comparison can be given.

__________

As to boyfriend he was quickly identified and dealt with. He ended up divorced and one night was beaten up and hospitalised.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

She should have remembered the phrase, “Be careful what you wish for”. Hee, hee!

5*s

sdc97230sdc97230about 2 years ago
No "confession" required

Once the driver's license with the photo of "Mia Sherman" was confirmed to be a fake, the bank was required by federal law to submit a Suspicious Activity Report (SAR) to the US Treasury's Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).

Under federal law, if bank fraud is reported within two days depositor liability is limited to $50. After two days, if reported within 60 days liability is limited to $500. The bank would be on the hook for the remainder of the fraudulent withdrawal.

So even without his "confession," based on the evidence already in the bank's possession, Jacob and his fake Mia would be subject to federal charges for bank fraud. Potential sentence, up to 30 years in a federal prison and a fine of up to $1M.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Missing her final reaction.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Good, but Just a little too short

jrphdojrphdoabout 2 years ago

Good story but why is he confessing in writing?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 2 years ago

The question that always rings in my ear when I read a story like this is, "How did he not already know she was a bitch?!" Still, it was fun.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story. One has to remember you reap what you sow.

Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Liked the story, but... he wrote a letter telling his wife that he, in fact, broke the law. Where is he living & is he still working at the same place? I'd imaging the police would have an easy time finding him, but the story doesn't go into that. He should've done what he did as retribution to her actions without admitting anything. That part somewhat spoils the story. Anyway, 4 stars -- Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

TOO SHORT! Very good start!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She wanted a week long vacation to her marriage allowing the same, but was bitchy in removing most of their money from their account. Husband's able to turn the tables on her & took it back... + got a woman in the process. It's too bad that the story didn't go deeper into what happened between his wife & lover on the ship, or what happened after his letter to both. He's stupid in admitting his actions in getting the money, but desperation, eh? Still, good story. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

No revenge/divorce on the boyfriend?

One star

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2 points:

- It's f'ing ridiculous for an attorney to put a confession in writing.

- "as time drug on" - Are you kidding with that grammar?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story. But the confession letter made no sense. Hire someone to come tell her in person, then have them disappear. Good btb though

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What comes around, comes around! 😬

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
DAMN RIGHT !

AMEN BROTHER --------

Just_GymJust_Gymover 1 year ago

For those who think he was stupid to put it in writing, they'd have to find him, then they'd need to prove that he wrote the letter. One would hope that he would be smart enough not to leave fingerprints or anything to identify him as the sender.

Yes it would be safer to do nothing, but there is a certain satisfaction in letting her know how screwed she was.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny. LP

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story, though a final action of regret by her would have been nice.

ironman1017ironman1017about 1 year ago

Would have been better if we could’ve see her really suffer, hit rock bottom, and regret her idiocy.

nixroxnixroxabout 1 year ago

5 stars - but you need to finish the damn story

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Terribile

RuttweilerRuttweiler12 months ago
Stupid

At least it was short.

siro2011siro201111 months ago

The last sentence did it !!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

As a qualified defense attorney, let me write a detailed confession of my crimes.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ok, but it felt incomplete. No payback on the BF. No final reactions from friends and family.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Dear Mia.

You forgot what i do for a living. I am a defense lawyer. Now as an incompetent stupid no brain defense attorney here is written confession of all my crimes that I freely give to you, my worst enemy. The one person who has more cause than anyone else to use this confession against me and having me prosecuted and consequently lose my license to practice law. That will learn you a lesson.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good but for a couple of problems. Since it was their money she moved originally wouldn't he be entitled to at least half? Maybe more if they own the house and he's going to leave. Quit claim her the house, take the money and disappear. DO NOT write her a confessional letter. Just go and be done with it.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A hilarious take on the "I want to take a lover and you have to accept it" scenario. The confessional letter didn't really work for realism but in this scenario of a silly story it was OK. I liked this it was very original with some good hidden humour. BardnotBard

fredbrownfredbrown6 months ago

Woulda liked more about Mis's fun in the sun but the story was interesting. The take-it-or-leave-it attitude of Mia gave a hint of what was to come, he took it - and ran ....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Good overall. A more robust story could have made it great,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Wouldn't the confession letter get him in major trouble if caught?

pjpbpjpb5 months ago

3/5

Letter obsolete. Two paragraph epilogue 1y or 3y later would be better (husband 'fired from marriage' could work there as well)

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ok, so the confession was thoroughly unrealistic but a necessary plot device to set the story up for it's punchline which is fine by me because it made me chuckle enough to be able overlook such a glaring faux pas.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

So his letter was A confession of his crimes. Not very smart of numbnuts

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuy2 months ago

Not one of your better ones. Very messy

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

cute and I understand to make the story work like a revenge thing he had to confess. Better revenge would be for him to remain silent and just enjoy life.

SeaChangerSeaChanger19 days ago

He better have gone far ...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous