All Comments on 'Another Chance for Happiness'

by trigudis

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Great story! Maybe a follow up down the road!

5

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Plot +

Clear characters that are loveable +

No distracting errors to break the flow of the story +

Develops the points of traditional Romance story+

It created positive emotions in this widower and enjoyed an entertaining read+

I could relate for I lost a close sister and my dear wife to very rare forms of cancer. It is hard to move on.

Like the female lead, I am torn between fear of losing again, and wanting to again experience the love that just make a man want to do everything for his woman, and now I do not have that!

So I am giving it a 5.

rmance

NorthJerseyLearnerNorthJerseyLearner6 months ago

Great story…touching and human. Even after tragedy, life goes on!

nyc1975nyc19756 months ago

Unless you've seen a Colnago, some of this may be lost the reader. They are truly some of the most beautiful cycles ever made. It's been many years since I was a road cyclist, but I appreciated this story a great deal.

muskyboymuskyboy6 months ago

The 2 dead spouses kinda put a pall over the whole story. There are a lot better ways to approach her being reluctant/hesitant to start dating again....

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Lost interest halfway through the second page. Should've been a coffee shop instead of a tavern. Also didn't care for the classical music. Soft rock would've been much better. Just got bored with the same 'ol same 'ol of the story. 3*

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Like Melanie, I've been widowed twice. My second husband died in August. We went to bed and he died sometime during the night. I miss him terribly. In the weeks before he died he had had his leg amputated and we talked a lot about how he wanted me to move on if he went before me. Specifically, he had the guy picked out that he wanted to "take care of me." We didn't know that he would go so soon.

This story mirrors exactly how I feel - I don't want to bury a third husband, but I don't want to be a recluse, and I crave companionship.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste6 months ago

Extremely well written, by someone who knows emotions, and cycling.

...too bad 5-stars is the max. (Heck I'd give 3-stars just for the Colnago with a Super Record gruppo.)

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Loved the whole story and need more. Understand the sudden loss, loneliness, longing for the touch, the scent, the look, and forever and ever.

Finding each other through pain and suffering helps to fill the Hope in one’s heart.

Love the biking storyline bringing them together over common needs and desires.

Your writing will always be a bright spot during my frequent Trek carbon rides pounding the miles.

We do think the ending should have been expanded a bit more, but it works.

trigudistrigudis6 months agoAuthor

Thanks to all who read and commented. As noted, the story is based on a real-life tragic event. I don't know the status of the "real" Melanie - I can only hope she's doing as well as her fictional counterpart.

Becaa57Becaa576 months ago

I liked this story, can see how she would hold off, even though there was a connection with Seth from the start. He is a good man to wait for her. One comment is that she seems intent on being married

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Prose was well written but the plot was too straightforward. Next time at least throw a bump or pothole in the road. 3.7*

reader1000reader10006 months ago

As a long ago young rider of a 1961 Frejus I can picture a classic Colnago with nostalgia. As a 78 year old with 4 stents and a relatively recent Janis that I have not been riding, and in between then and now a late ‘60s Peugeot and a similar vintage Schwann Paramount tandem, I can relate to much of the cycling references, and the health concerns. The plot was a bit predictable but realistic, the back stories well-crafted, and the character development believable. A solid and interesting story, at least to an elder with cycling history. Maybe not so much to someone much younger or without that background. But we are who we are. Thanks for your time and effort.

jlg07jlg076 months ago

Nice story of love lost and found. Two beautiful gentle souls. 5*

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usertrigudis@trigudis
Free-lance writer who enjoys reading mostly non-fiction but also Nicholas Sparks romance novels and "serious" lit (John Updike, Irwin Shaw, Philip Roth, Herman Wouk). I enjoy writing these stories because it entertains me as well as the readership. Lit is unique in that wri...