Another Cold Case and Hot Nights

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"That's what he did although his real plan was to kill Beth and Mister Blair. I asked him how he was able to get into the house without leaving any trace evidence behind and he said, 'Like I told you, I used to be a cop and I know how you guys look for DNA and prints. I wore my rain suit with a hood and face mask, wore my work gloves and put plastic bags over my work boots. Didn't leave anything for you to find, did I?'

"Anyway, he walked in on Beth and Emma in bed together while Mister Blair watched. Emma got up when he walked into the room and he told her to stand still against the wall. Then, he shot Beth and Mister Blair and picked up the two cartridge cases. On the way out of the house, he turned off the furnace so the house would stay cold. He did that to confuse the coroner about the time of death. He said he learned that from another case he'd worked.

"When he left, he took Emma with him, and drove back to Clyde."

Rochelle had listened without saying anything, but then she asked why he took Emma with him and what happened to her.

I shrugged.

"He said he took her so it would look like she was the killer. It worked on Matt and almost worked on us. That's also why he took Beth's purse and left Emma's there. He wanted Matt to think Emma was living as Beth Upton. Matt would search for Beth Upton but would never find her.

"As for what he did with Emma, he refused to tell me that and it wasn't worth threatening him any more. He just said we'd never find her. He'll spend the rest of his life in prison for the two murders and if North Carolina prosecutes him for being a felon in possession of a gun, probably another five to ten for that if he lives long enough to serve the sentence.

"I'm sure he killed Emma too, but I don't think he'll ever tell us he did or where she is. It's his way of staying in control of things. He said that was his insurance policy in case the judge tried to reject his plea deal."

Rochelle frowned for almost a full minute and then looked at me and grinned.

"I know where Emma is. She's buried under where the house was. That's why he tore down the house in Clyde. If he'd dumped her body somewhere, somebody might have found her. If he'd buried her somewhere, the same thing might have happened. The only place he could control was his house, but if he'd just buried her there, it would have been easy for someone to figure out the ground had been disturbed. By tearing up the whole lot, it just looked like he'd torn down the house. That's why he didn't sell it too. He didn't want anybody digging around on the property."

I grinned because Rochelle had figured out something else that I hadn't.

"I imagine you're right. It won't make a difference with our case, but if she's buried there, there's a good chance that's where he killed her and North Carolina can prosecute him for her murder. I'll call Chief Reynolds on Monday and tell him what we think. He can send his forensic team to the property and find out if we're right or not.

"If she is there, that'll make a good ending for your next novel, although you like your endings to be happy."

Rochelle nodded.

"Yes, I do like happy endings. Maybe I'll change the story enough that she isn't there when the murders happen and goes on to marry another man and have some kids."

She grinned then.

"Or maybe, since she was bisexual, she was afraid to marry another man, finds another woman and they live happily ever after. I've never had a lesbian heroine in one of my novels. Maybe it's time I did. I think the ending would write itself. I'd write it like this.

"Lois...I'm going to call her Lois...Lois walked into the bedroom and saw Roberta lying naked on the bed. Roberta didn't say anything. She just crooked her finger at Lois and pursed her lips into a kiss. Lois knew what Roberta had in mind and she wanted the same thing. She wanted that intense release she'd experienced with this woman so many times before. After Lois removed her clothes and then sat on the side of the bed, Roberta reached out to cup Lois' heavy breast.

"This was what had pulled her from the sadness of losing her husband, this love of a woman who asked nothing of her other than to love her back. Lois bent down and kissed Roberta on the lips as her hand stroked Roberta's side, then let her fingertip brush Roberta's nipple. Roberta shuddered and then put her arms around Lois. Together, they made love, and at the end, when both were gasping and writhing from the tension that had intensified until it suddenly exploded inside them, Lois knew this was where she belonged. The End.

"So, what do you think?"

I grinned because I was pretty sure what was coming. I'd been gone for three days and that's a long time for Rochelle.

"Well, I don't know. Can a straight woman write about how a lesbian woman feels?"

Rochelle smiled.

"What makes you think I only like guys? Maybe I've had the experience. Many women have, you know. We just don't tell you guys about it."

"So, you've been with a woman before?"

Rochelle smiled the smile she smiles when she wants something.

"I'm not telling, but what I can tell you is the same things a man does would probably work if a woman does them."

"A woman doesn't have the same equipment though, so how would she do that?"

Rochelle pulled her T-shirt over her head and then started unhooking her bra.

"Pretend you're a woman and use your imagination."

Well, I don't know how well I pretended to be a woman, but I do know that Rochelle came hard after I rolled her nipples and sucked her clit. She came so hard I had to hold on to keep my face between her shaking thighs. I was wondering if she maybe had been with a woman and liked it that way better when she pulled me up on top of her and kissed me. Then, she whispered, "I lied about being with a woman, but if this is what they do, I might have to consider it unless you can show me that it's better with a man. Think you can do that?"

Well, lets just say I think I did convince her the first time, and I convinced her again after we went out for dinner. The next morning, she wanted to be convinced again. Like I said, three days is a long time for Rochelle. After Rochelle rode my cock until she collapsed on my chest, she nestled her cheek against mine and whispered, "I think I'll stick with you instead of trying out a woman."

We make a good team, Rochelle and I. We see things in two different ways. Neither way is always right, but together, we can usually figure out what really happened in a case. I get the credit for solving the case and Rochelle gets the money and fame when the novel she writes about the case sells.

We're still not married but we're thinking about it. We're in no hurry. We have everything a married couple would have except for the tax advantages, and the financial advisor who helps Rochelle manage her income and investments pretty much negates even that advantage.

Until we decide, we'll just keep working cold cases together during the day and having some really hot nights. I can live with that.