All Comments on 'Another Love - Alternative Ending'

by Pencarrow

Sort by:
  • 260 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This crybaby just made e want to puke. BOO HOO HOO. Man up mother fucker. Call her the whore sheis, and getthe fuck out. Damn this was cry baby bad. Every version of this story i have read are all pathetic.

kiteareskitearesover 2 years ago

Good 1st effort. But the painting needed to be defaced a bit of paint stripper on a cotton bud to paint the word slut or whore over her... just as a reminder of the love she inspired in Rob.

What it could have done with was Karen's reaction just to show what a deluded cunt she was.

Although the format of a letter was okay, I don't like men that effectively run away without facing the bitch down.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Your's is worse than the original and it was pitiful.

WrickettsWrickettsover 2 years ago

Needed a part where she reads the letter. I really liked it

not_a_viking_honestnot_a_viking_honestover 2 years ago

It's a good start, but as others have said, it's missing the consequences, the aftermath.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Karen proved she's nothing but a conniving slut. It's a shame somebody wouldn't drive a big object inside of her with the intention of hurting her terribly- or worse. She carried on this life when her husband was in the military protecting her skanky, cheating ass. Avril should get the same treatment...

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very good writing. I think I'll steal some of this in a letter I am writing to my ex wife who tore our family apart around 40 years ago all because she wanted to go out and fuck around then come back if it didn't work out. The only good that came from that was I found a woman who loved and married me for the last 40 years. The wife in this story had feelings and was hurt but not because she was cheating but because her husband found out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not much improvement over original. Vandemonium1 done it Best

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This ending is even more pathetic than the original. They both sucked. Bad!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The wife as portrayed in most of these versions approaches a sociopath or a split personality.

richg780richg780over 2 years ago

I enjoyed this. It felt real to me. I'd be interested in reading how you think this would play out once Karen finds the letter on her return home and how you think Rob would try and repair his relationship with his sons.

A lot of the comments are calling your version of Rob a wimp for just walking away but in my mind it's takes real strength to just see something is irretrievably broken and to walk away without increasing the hurt.

rockdoctor63rockdoctor63over 2 years ago

I love it. The original ending was terrible!

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well, the letter that he left her was definitely one that would cut deep, but all in all why didn't this describe the effect the letter had on her and better yet he should have burned the bitch and got his pound of flesh. This letter only stated his feelings and didn't show the impact that the letter had on Karen. 3 stars.

Bham487Bham487about 2 years ago

I think you hit every point I that the original missed.

DrgwngDrgwngabout 2 years ago

Still a really wimpy and cucky response. The letter comes across as very passive and weak, and from what we know of the wife, will have very. Little effect on her. She will just accept she got away with it for decades and has no consequences. Leaving the paining intact was also stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh my, how did ricin powder get into the envelope with this letter? Karen seems to have suffered horribly before her death? Oh well, as Phillipe would no doubt have said, "C'est la vie."

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

Cut the painting to shreds. No way he should settle for 50/50, either. Take it all. That said, the premise here is highly suspect. The story is entertaining, but anyone who believes that kids could do what his did is very foolish. Also, of course, almost anyone would notice stuff during all those years. D

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

another weak story about a weak man. Many variations to this story, but they all suck. The only one worth a shit is the one where they had the public disposale of all Pilipes shit.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice effort, but very repetitive and excessively melodramatic. Four stars ⭐️ because Rob kicked Karen to the curb.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'm guessing this Phillipe guy was famous, so donate it to the local museum where her parents live so they can hang it on the wall for ALL to see.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

good but only 1 story, with talent like yours you shouldbe writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Agree only ones any good. He exposed both especially the destruction of paintings and reputation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Just as shitty as the others.

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 1 year ago

Love it, but I'm missing the epilogue.

What happens after Karen reads the letter. What happens with his sons?

Cito22Cito22over 1 year ago

thats the ending you gave the MC after all the shit he was put through??????? Good thing you only wrote one story.. leave it that way.

ker63469ker63469over 1 year ago

What happens after she reads the letter As the wife that caused his pain she needs to have some of the pain herself. You need to let the reader see that as well

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant! I have no words to tell, you HOW good this is. I like the fact that it is all in a letter – which makes it a first person account so the bitch now know what she did. There is no way in hell that when Karen reads this letter will be left unaffected! She WILL feel like an absolute heel for having done what she did to a very good man who now made her understand that she is from hell! Full Marks – 5-Stars wish I could give you more. I came to the story via BTB and the author suddenly became as creative as Phillipe and an excuse like Avril! Thanks for sharing – you’re a fantastic writer – one I will definitely follow from now on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I believe you got most, if not all, the salient points of what the wife did and why he should not lay down and let her walk over him!!!!

I enjoyed the original story, but the MC came over as a cuckolded wimp! He might be in the middle a nice little threesome but he only got the other guy's wife after he was dead, whereas his wife fucked him over 20 years!!

This would've been better with the telling of the consequences of his letter!!!!!!! 4*

Dobbin55

AccelarVesterAccelarVesterover 1 year ago

Well said. A loving husband betrayed by a family. Very heart breaking. The words seem true.

MasterKoteMasterKoteover 1 year ago

Well done and like others here, wished there were a reactions part from the wife or him getting his happy ending while she withers in her loss of her sons true father. Like him, she probably is incapable of guilt or remorse so that would be the only downfall..

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

He should have burned the painting. I doubt she will care that he is gone.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Thank you for writing this, I feel better now.

The original story made me feel depressed.

You suscinct pencraft is awesome !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

What a piece of shit. Hubby is a total pussy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thats it? This version is better than the original but not by much.

pukgpukgabout 1 year ago

Thank goodness for your ending I stopped reading the original as it was disgusting how every thing was about how to put the husband down with all their disgusting ideas of what he should accept. He should have destroyed the painting as it symbolises their whole attitude towards her infidelity

BigDee44BigDee4411 months ago

I wish I could have been as clear minded and insightful. With some changes it mirrors almost exactly what happened to me and our daughters. To this day I wonder if they know that their mother had a multi-year affair with a man who lived with us? I cannot ask for concern that I would actually be making them aware of what would have been better that she never confessed to me - 4 years after things ended. That was over 30-years ago and I am still stuck in a limbo state.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Only decent one i've read where the mc is not a wimpy simpy cuckstain. Still could of done more than just a dialogue

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I liked the writing overall, and agreed with most everything the author had the MC say in his letter. Most of us who read LW are looking for ways to understand cheating, and trying to develop a legitimate response to it. The author stated that as best he could. I understand those that wanted an actual confrontation and a "real" story. But if this MC was able to man up enough to just make a statement and walk, more power to him. It's at least as legitimate a reaction of a real human being as the MC in the original. I also understand folks asking for follow-up details and reactions, because we're all greedy for more stories ! But to just walk like this and leave it all behind, and just walk straight into your new life, that is very strong. And I think that was the point the author was trying to make, and I get that, in spite of the feeling of incompleteness that many experienced, which I can also understand. Thank you for having Rob stand up to the situation once he found out about it, and walking out of it right away and moving on with his life. There's more that could be written, sure, but you encapsulated this aspect of it very well.

Bham487Bham48710 months ago

Would love to see her reaction

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Repetitive drivel

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I agree with Bham487. Would love to see her reaction.

26thNC26thNC7 months ago

Same reaction to all these stories is regret that Philipe didn’t live long enough for Rob to get up close and personal.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

You have read my mind almost to how I would re write the end. To have Rob forgive all for a threesome is cheap and disrespectful. Agree that with giving Karen a chance to explain. I believe that she loved both men at the same time and spent her life making all three of them as happy as conditions allowed. Not sure if it’s been done but I might try to write the fourth chapter with Karen’s response, treating your work here with the respect you deserve.

WargamerWargamer7 months ago

It needed another chapter showing us her reaction to all this. Without her side your letter is relatively meaningless unless we know whether she was distraught or ignored the ramblings of a stupid cuckold

3/5

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Complete rambling drivel.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Went from a 4 or 5 to a three when he didn’t destroy the painting.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sadly, one of the many things Rob never understood about Karen is the fact that she is illiterate.

murfncalmurfncal5 months ago

would have taken the painting just to remind me and deprive them of it

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

One of the worse

BigBlueKatBigBlueKat4 months ago

Weak … nothing but the whinings of a cuckhold. At the very least, he should have destroyed the painting. 2*

theVikingSailortheVikingSailor4 months ago

Your story is well done, but I agree with some of your commentators that it needs to show us what happened to them, especially Karen, to be complete. Many of your other commentators just don't get it and should be ignored.

WillowghbyWillowghby3 months ago
Holy Shit, Batman!

It is no wonder this author was a one-shot contributor. The comments are ruthless!

Personally, I found this version of the 'Another Love' sequels to be extremely well written (structure, pacing, logic, grammar, etc.) and fully supportive of the "manliness" of the MC. He just learned of his wife's long-term infidelity, took two days to clarify his thinking and set his future direction, then clearly laid it out in the letter. There is no justification, other than simple anger, to the destruction of the painting. Let us hope the truth of his non-complicity with the infidelity will allow an improvement in the relationship with his sons. We can further speculate on what wifey does in the future, but that is an opportunity for a further sequel, for those authors so inclined.

Since "Keep 'em comin' " doesn't fit here, I'll paraphrase 'Shane' with: Come back Pencarrow, come back!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I think a cozy fire with the painting as fuel before leaving would have been nice.

Roscoe2015Roscoe20153 months ago

One of the best.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

While a better response than the fetid pile of corruption that was the original, this barely qualified as mild.

/

The evil presented by the cuck RG demands a punitive response. No version of this story is acceptable other than bringing the painting to the Canadian Thanksgiving, barring the exits, and burning it, along with the house, and the people who enabled the wickedness!

/

The retribution must be so horrific that for 100 years, if a woman is considering committing adultery, her friend will slap her and hiss: “Do you want to end up like the painter’s whore?!?”

/

ZK

Psychman24Psychman24about 2 months ago

Perfectly said and more healthy and mature than all the revenge porn BS. He laid it all out clearly and analytically as is his nature and decisively chooses to move on, not bothering to listen to any of her useless rationalizations. I have never understood how there is any path to reconciliation in this story.

Kernow2023Kernow2023about 2 months ago

should have burnt the painting

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

You really should have kept writing. About the best profession of disgust and disappointment in another I have read.

amygdalaamygdalaabout 1 month ago

Well said, I almost wanted you to write more as reading the prior author’s work left a horrible taste in my mouth and mind from reading his bullshit.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous