All Comments on 'Another Love Pt. 03-04'

by RichardGerald

Sort by:
  • 817 Comments (Page 2)
foolscapfoolscapalmost 8 years ago
Now, this is cliché

nothing new under the sun and nothing really new here.

Mandy01Mandy01almost 8 years ago
The fall in rating show proof of the pudding

No need to eat this one.

Cpt 1 ... 4,25 Very respectable

Cpt 2 ... 3.34 The rot has set in?

Cpt 3 ... 2.75 Barely over half way there

These scores are at the time of my posting, however I can't see them improving much from here.

Sorry Richard, the foul stench from the self-centred, selfish, nefarious cheating slut wife was too much for anyone to handle.

Or was it your handling of the husband. You not only destroyed his family, you destroyed him even more, and while I can get over a cheating wife, and I do like some consensual cuckold stories. It's an author who doesn't hold faithful to his characters that makes me puke.

You took what was a good beginning and left it out in the sun to rot.

Congratulations

sugnasugnaalmost 8 years ago
Vile

A vile combination of contradictions and perversions.

1. There is no way that an engineer, soldier would tolerate a cheating slut, it is irrational and a betrayal. For those unfamiliar with the military mentality - Fidelity is the most valued quality of a companion.

2. There is no way he could be bought of with sex from two silly, old whores.

3. There is no reason to put up with this shit. After a marriage of lies, no rational man would tolerate it's continuance.

4. For those milk-toasts out there, there is life after divorce. There is life after betrayal. There is life after kids are grown, ungrateful and out of the nest. Especially when they kept their whore mothers secret.

5. Finally, the fact that she hid her cheating from her husband, lived a separate life, showed the shallowness of her "love" for him, and a total lack of respect for him and the kids. The sick, twisted justification of betrayal, lies and perversion are evil and vile.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
WTF happened to this???

The story started out good and the second chapter was some more gas on an already burning fire but this new chapter just sucked. The protagonist is a vet and engineer so clearly he has some brains but he obviously didn't show it. No guts no glory right? He had no guts in the end and therefore no balls in my eyes.

Xzy89cXzy89calmost 8 years ago
Did you not read feed back regarding f14?

2 fuckin engines. There is no scenario where he is on the f14 as an engine repairman. None. Personel Transport handled by supply planes.

I think his cock and balls were cut off between chaps 2 and three.

Pretty sure you are matt moreau.

This was unreadable. Nothing connected.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I just came to reward

This story with its well deserved pile of puke. RG has destroyed himself with this. I won't be reading any more of his stories, but I will be voting. You revealed too much about what a wretched human you are in your author's comments. In the same class as sharedsigne, swingerjoe and the former bonnytaylor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Shit.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333almost 8 years ago

I have a confession to make. Yes, I always do a quick check of the comments before reading a story, especially one that switches to a category like this. I will show some respect and not read this one. That's unfortunate, given how I liked the setup to this one. I will reiterate my comment on the previous installment. One may be able to justify polyamory, but all those years of lying by omission prove that she knew it was wrong. Deception is indefensible.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Minus 5

What kind of a wife cheats on her husband while he fighting for his life? What kind of a wife not only has a love affair but, continues it until her lover dies and then insists that she be allowed to grieve with his family in the family home? What kind of man accepts that kind of crap? The Thanksgiving Party would have been a disaster in most of mankind but, old cuckold is going to get along because he gets a little pussy with two ladies (that both would rather be with the asshole that just died). Sorry but this story is just too disjointed and just plane crazy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Comments on this story are falling away faster than a prom dress. A sure sign the story stinks and the writer has a very thin skin.

imanononeimanononealmost 8 years ago
Curious

I can only see 7 comments and the site or my computer will not let me read all of the comments. Is any one else having this problem? Just wanting to get this out in case the administrators of the site are not aware of the problem.

anon.1

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
whatapieceofshit

A "great" man that was loved and mourned by many women. Where is the love for the husband? Where is the respect for the husband? Nowhere to be found. What a bunch of selfish fucking cunts the lot of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Author

I come from a generation where to label a woman a "slut" was the most hateful, loathsome name to be called, being so labelled could ruin reputations, friendships, relationships, social lives and even careers, so yes this woman is a slut. She should have been forced by the husband to destroy the painting before he filed for divorce.

The women in this story suddenly make a majority of the sluts and whores written about on Lit look like clones of Mother Theresa

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 8 years ago
By the time of chapter 3

It was pretty obvious how the story was going to end. I was OK with the general concept, but not the way it was actually handled here. I think the main thing lacking was that's Rob's feelings and emotions were never given rein. They were described, but ultimately he drifted to his new fate; he did not choose it and actively pursue it. And that I think is what reduces this story from good to mediocre.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I think you made a full out of the poor husband

He fights for his country putting his life on the line. So she gets fucked for the year he is gone by a guy who is looking for a younger piece of ass. They say he is missing from the family and make it an excuse to move in and fuck and they raise his two boys for the year. She continues to cheat after he returns. She further uses her children to conceal it from him and you think this is ok and he should except it. You didn't have to destroy her BTB but they only thing she understood is sex would bring him around. You went from ARMY STRONG to wimp navy man in less then a second. I have a friend who served in the gulf war. Was gone for a year comes home and finds out from a neighbor she had a guy living with her while he was in harmes way. told the guy that was living with her and the guy moved out the same day he came home. He kicked her ass to the curb. Boy Karen sure got to know the rest of the family real well. I will betthey were laughing there asses off at him making him the joke. That is what you did to him made him a joke. I will still read your stories you are one of the better writers but you missed on this one. If a man does not have some sort of pride of himself he has nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well written.

I have a different take on his relationship with his sons, they think he is a wuss, rightfully so.Their mother exposes them to another man living with her, threesoms with this mans wife and then carries on with this man under their noses for another 12 years. No wonder one is gay and neither respects or even likes him? As far as his excepting his wifes real love and other husband nobody I ever met would react like this guy did, but I did enjoy it because it was just a story, thanks.

green117green117almost 8 years ago
I liked the story

And, I think I have finally figured out one of the themes in your work.

Your women treat the men as commodities. Now, I don't have as much problem with that as many, since I see them treating women as commodities.

And so... I keep cats. I got a cat for my family to, among other things, teach something about love. Does a cat love you? A cat certainly knows who feeds it... and if you are not reliable, the cat loses quite a bit of consideration for you. Do you need fidelity for affection? Cats do... well... I feed the cat, most times. And when I do, she follows along, swiping at my ankles. She jumps up on the table, and gives me a look. I pet her once or twice, and satisfied, she eats.

Do you see love in that?

Other than that, I am tracking the author to try to figure out how he comes to his fairly unusual narrative style. Has he kept cats? Has he been emotionally blackmailed by the women in his life? Is he a commodity, or has he now seen that he also get commodities in the deal? Or is it only the males in his stories that have the pleasure of the discovery?

YMMV

Green-something

(Sorry, I can't read the 127 earlier posts, and don't know if I am being redundant. I kinda doubt it, actually. I am also amused by Fred who wants to be called Rick. There may be a story there.)

tejmjm55tejmjm55almost 8 years ago
decisions

I liked this story

Everyone handles situations based on their personnel conscience and ethics. The husband had to decide if he wanted stay married ,basically to 2 women, or to kick everyone out and live a lonely life hoping to maybe meet someone ,,but not truly trusting anyone. He decided to stay, he was even able to reconnect with his son. He also gained another extended family. I agree with his decisions

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
why

Betrayasl... ho is it something so wounding can become such an obsession for some while others slough it off with the new day sun?

The harm of wounds caused that we don't know we have yet to realize? The pain and suffering will show in due time, but the moment the blade severs, you watch the blood flow freely almost artistically patterning the canvas of life lived. or is it a life "soiled"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
supposed

It should read "betrayal... how is it..."

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Doesn't Ring True

I enjoy your stories. They are well written and thought provoking. However, while I enjoyed the read I find Karen to be an entirely unsympathetic character and frankly find Phillippe to be a despicable predator.

The illicit relationship begins when Karen finds she no longer desires the father of her children. Does she seek professional help, talk to her doctor, reach out for counseling? No, she falls into bed with the art restorer with the sexy accent.

She does take pity on the husband and brings what her lover teaches her into their marriage bed through more lies.

Then the husband is called to the defense of his country. Karen is understandably shaken. Again, does she reach out to a spouse support group? Look for any kind of help. NO! She has Phillippe in her bed before her husband has reached the gulf. Making her sons a part of her betrayal.

Then she continues the lies and infidelity for 20-years. Now that Phillippe is dead she is grieving so deeply she has to leave her husband and visit her son.

She knows Robert's feelings on fidelity. He talks about it when they first meet. As noted by another commenter, the strain in the relationship with the sons has to have been at least partially caused by their recognition that their mother has no respect for her husband and their marriage, so why should they.

After all this she has the temerity to ask, ""What do I have to do—to be forgiven. Do all our years together mean nothing?". She has proven that they mean nothing. She has lied, betrayed his faithfulness in the worst possible way and sees nothing wrong in her behavior. She and Avril seem to think that Karen and Phillippe did nothing wrong and they (Karen and Avril) can undo all the damage by screwing Robert in the future now that Phillippe is not available.

I usually fall into the "Reconciliation at all Cost" camp, if there is anything to save. There is nothing here to save. Karen, Phillippe, et al, have made his entire married life a lie. They have stolen his loving wife, his sons, his self-respect. Worst of all, again, they don't see themselves as having done anything wrong.

If there was at least some recognition that that they had actively and intentionally wronged him, destroyed him, you might have some grounds for reconciliation, but there isn't. The most these women feel is sorrow that he is hurting with no recognition that they are the cause and could have avoided that hurt.

You can't forgive someone who does not recognize that they have done wrong. They don't really want forgiveness, they want understanding and acceptance. At every step they try to manipulate him. Sad as it would be, he is better off without these scheming, self-absorbed women.

Maybe he can salvage his relationships with his sons if he shows himself to be strong enough to walk away and try to salvage what is left of his life and self-respect.

icebreadicebreadalmost 8 years ago
I don't know.

I just don't know. Is he man or mouse or both? Let the cats decide.

green117green117almost 8 years ago
I thought I left a comment about this story...

but the comment updating is being very weird. In any event, cats in this one are important:

"I could feel the weight of my fatigue on me, and the knowledge that I was deep in a dark and treacherous valley in both my life and my work. At that moment Aggie walked into the kitchen, followed by Karen's two cats. She looked up at me very proud of herself. In her mouth struggling was a very large field mouse.

I knew from experience that Aggie liked to play catch and release. A mouse might get numerous chances before it finally expired, but not this time, as she made one quick snap of her head, and the mouse stopped struggling. She laid her prize at my feet as if to say I am your cat, and this is your house. I have brought my prize to you. The other two cats came forward together and sniffed at the dead mouse and then turned and followed Aggie from the kitchen.

The top cat had come and shown who was in charge. She was right, my Aggie. She kept the house free of mice for me. This was my house, and she was my cat. I walked to the front of the house. They were all in the big front parlor. The conversation stopped as I entered.

"Karen, Avril—upstairs, we are going to bed," I said and without waiting for a response headed up the stairs. They followed. They had no other choice. What was past was gone. It could no more be brought back than it could be changed. Such is life, and as Aggie demonstrated it is cruel."

As I said in my earlier comment, the women see the men as commodities, and this inverts the standard tendency to see women as commodities. Here, the cat metaphor had the protagonist take the women as his.

The cruelty of showing the picture? He said he was going to take revenge. The women now have no choice. And, she is now revealed, to her potential discredit and loss of face.

For those who tend to parse stories as Cuck or non-Cuck, the protagonist is getting his own back.

Personally, I find "love" to be used too often to justify beastly behavior, but there it is.

And... the bull is dead.

YMMV.

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
In his own words....

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
From the authors mouth istelf....

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Answer us this author....

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Will he have the balls to answer this...

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Breaking your own rule

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Trying again...

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You didnt do us right....

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Different characters...

Direct from the horses mouth.....

Hey guys this is a direct quote from the author himself from the sequel to Jailbreaking...

This is a sequel to the story Jail Breaking. When you disregard all the well justified criticism of my punctuation and spelling in that effort, the majority of the numerous and overly generous comments relate to the ending or lack thereof. Technically as a short story it is complete, but I admit not in an entirely satisfying way. I also notice in the comments that most readers did not see the various characters the way I do. Again my fault for not giving enough back story. I have great sympathy for the women in my story and less for my protagonist who in a very dishonest person. As the comments came in, I saw a sequel develop that would please some but not all readers. However, this story holds true to the one rule I try to keep. A CHARACTER CANNOT STEP OUT OF CHARACTER NO MATTER HOW ABSURD THE SITUATION, They must be true to themselves. Keep this rule in mind as you read the sequel."

Well I would really appreciate it if Mr. Gerald can explain to us why the husband was allowed to do just that in this story after the way his character was written in the first chapter......But I seriously doubt he will have the guts to do so.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
As a very wise man said some years back

What in the Wide World of Sports is a-goin' on here? And that ends any further humorous reference about this thing you have written. I read it full length elsewhere last night. Sort of like watching a car crash. You just know it's all going to. Be messy and mangled but you watch anyway. Karen needed to be kicked out on her ass

Avril (Advil) needed to be put out with the trash along with her high and mighty observations about how backwards we are here. They should never have been allowed to conspire against Pete, don't call me Jake (WTF?.). And those nasty, pompous, smelly, arrogant frogs should have been frog-marched out into the street

The painting needed to be destroyed in Karen aND Advil's presence.

Q, you turned a man into a submissive pussy. Those two arrogant sluts must believe in the bitch saying: men are like floor covering: lay them right one time and walk on them forever.

I too would like to see Jezzaz brush this dreck aside and write a part two.

You lost a follower with this one.

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 8 years ago
Pathetic

This is a better story? 25 years of cheating and it is a "must" reconciliation. What a sanctimonious jackass for an author. 1*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Blew It Big Time

Must have been doing something illegal to finish it this way. Parts 1 and 2 were great. This one is out of a psychedelically induced nightmare. From the other comments as I were all disappointed. Can you give a -1 for wasting our time.

SelqSelqalmost 8 years ago
@MFH

I can accept reconciliation, as long as there is at least SOME remorse from the offending party. My main problem is that at no time did the wife ever feel that what she did was wrong.

The writer established lots of points where there should have been confrontations, but never gave the readers anything.

Without the continuity of the male character's personality from beginning to end, or being shown a confrontation to explain the extreme change in his personality, we are left with the feeling like RG submitted the wrong ch 3&4. Basically, without the explanation for the change in personality, RG loses the credibility of the character, which forces some readers to lose credibility in the story.

As I said in an earlier comment, RG really needed to make the male character weaker, in the beginning, in order to pull off this ending and make it believable within the construct of his story.

Just my opinion, of course, but I think it valid.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Can't login at the moment but agree with what selq said.

FD45FD45almost 8 years ago
My first comment seems to have disappeared

And the story seems to have magically transferred over to Group Sex.

Well...let me abbreviate. This story is a big mess. The pacing, the revelations and the emotions were all out of order and incorrectly placed.

Avril should not have loved this guy after one conversation. His wife never showed any remorse and needed both that and a transition scene to make her transition into remorse credible.

Both women needed a smacking up the side of the head by the mothers.

The man needed what the Scarecrow and the Cowardly Lion needed: a brain and courage. He showed none this entire story.

You stated this was your view of sexuality. So if you are fucked enough by two 'past due' women, any humiliation and emotional pain they cause you (and continue to cause you) is all good? Really?

What destroyed my suspension of disbelief is overnight, Karen and Avril moving in the FAMILY of Karen's LOVER without permission, particularly since the group showed were a perfect spotlight of how emotionally bonded these strangers were with the wife: proof this wasn't a small affair. It was a big affair and it was horrible.

I can believe this selfish, thoughtless and insensitive woman would do this. You painted her quite black without showing any redeeming features.

No, I could not believe HE did not react to this deliberate provocation.

You clearly lost your audience here and you have only yourself to blame.

I sympathize. I write some pretty controversial stories myself. But this was just shitty characterization, bad pacing, missing transitions and unlikeable characters.

I do not recommend this story, even if I have liked at least the beginnings of several of your works. But your dismounts suck.

Animefan2929Animefan2929almost 8 years ago
...crap

Read it just to get it over with. He's a sissy and there both cheating cunts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
*****

Any story that generates the number of comments and the passion behind the comments deserves 5 stars. It was, at times, difficult to read, but it caused people to think and some people to absolutely lose it.

I was disappointed that some chose to post spoilers after they had found the complete story on another story site. I was finding the buildup interesting. That got shortchanged a bit on this site. For those reading here, it was the author's choice to release the story in stages. I wonder if comparing the responses was part of the author's experiment with this story.

I fully expected (after reading some of the spoiler comments) to miss the conversation between Karen and Rob (and many commented that they missed it), but after reading the final installments, I found that I missed it less than I thought I would. In the end, that "missing" section would have been entirely predictable - and it was mostly covered in the self-serving Karen chapter. We could feel Rob's reactions to what happened as Karen exposed her infidelity to is in that chapter - our reactions WERE Rob's reactions. RG clearly felt that, if it was that predictable, it wasn't necessary to put it down in words. That Rob was devastated hearing the story was reflected in the fact that WE were devastated after reading Chapter 2 (and the comments bore that out).

In the end, Rob did not do what I would have done. I am insecure enough that I could not have handled that kind of revelation in my marriage. But, Rob was not supposed to be me - Rob was RG's character, and he explored a different outcome. Possibly RG justified it as a good man's outcome - not abandoning a woman or in this case women in need - along with an engineer's outlook - eventually being able to coldly assess the current situation rather than having the past completely dictate the future.

Although I gave it 5 stars, and I forgave the omission of the confrontational/revelational conversation, I do wish that RG had spent a little more time on the relationship with the sons. Was their distance the normal distance caused by a driven, distracted, and sometimes distant father? (This was somewhat suggested by one of RG's comments to a critic.) Or, was their distance some recognition by the sons that, no matter how fun-filled their visits with their alternate family were, they came later to understand their mother's betrayal of their father, and their complicity in that, and the guilt that accompanied that recognition? That is a part of the story that is still nagging me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well, I was almost right!

You're both a troll AND dumb as a post!

HDK, Javmor and others defending this troll need to take a more discerning look at what he has written as a whole. Let's see:

1) he outright lies about his depiction of the wife. "Good wife" in hell...maybe!

2) he insults all readers and parents of adult boys. Apparently because we don't have shitty relationships with our sons like he does, we must not have adult children!

3) he obviously wrote this entire story with an agenda from the beginning. The main protagonist changes so radically from chapter one to chapter three that the story feels unrealistic and forced. It just doesn't work!

4) He leaves out significant detail that would make the story flow better, possibly because he can't write well enough to explain the characters.

5) dialogue feels almost Elizabethan or at best stunted. No one talks this way and it's very jarring, and tends to pull the reader out of the story.

6) he insults all men & women who do their duty and serve in the armed forces. Basically says they're abandoning their families and harming them by doing their duty, even when they have no choice. Sick & insulting beyond belief!!!

If this fellow were as good a writer as you all say, some of these issues, might exist, but not likely all of them.

Just because he generates a lot of comments doesn't mean he's a good writer!! Promoting rape or pedophilia might generate just as much controversy, but I doubt many would consider that a good thing. When the vast majority of comments are negative even with the author deleting posts it's a pretty clear sign this author needs more incubating before he can rise to the level of good.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I am bothered

How could Rob be happy with these people when he knows that every one of them think and will always think that Philippe, even dead, is the much more meaningful man to them?

He will still be cuckolded by Philippe to the day he dies, even if he were to sleep with every last member of Philippe's family.

InescuInescualmost 8 years ago
Oh my

Even when I dislike your stories, I normally can say that they're well crafted. That wasn't the case here. Chapters 1 and 2 are well crafted, with good internal dialog and pacing. Chapters 3 and 4 are a mess, have little to do with the characters described in the first half of the story, and don't resolve any of the main conflicts (either by completely not addressing them or doing so in a manner both not consistent with the original characters views or simply as internal incoherent psychobabble). The fact that the first half of the story was so well written is what lead to an expectation of something exceptional from the author. When that wasn't forthcoming, the fan base has gone a bit rabid.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by the resolution as written. It is a theme common in RGs stories, that of the woman who thinks only with her cunt and the husband who is expected to suffer all sorts of indignities with forgiveness and understanding, regardless of how much neither is deserved. He seems to indicate, through his aside comments, that he finds the instances where men act out against their narcissistic-sociopath women as being the aberrant behavior. I assume, given his depiction of women, that he finds them incapable of acting in anyone's interests but their own, and even then it is mostly influenced by the overwhelming need for sexual gratification.

People in high stress situations (like combat or on the flight deck of a carrier during wartime) have to be able to trust the people they work with. Honesty and loyalty are traits that are not only valued, but necessary to survival. I cannot see someone who has gone through that sort of crucible and not only survived, but thrived, as being someone who would accept betrayal and disloyalty in their personal relationships. The husbands eventual meek acceptance of his wife's multiple betrayals just didn't ring true.

The wife not only slept with someone else, she brought the bastard home and had him help raise the kids and then kept up the relationship for her entire marriage. It doesn't get much worse than that. She has absolutely no remorse, makes no effort to make things up to her husband, refuses to admit she did anything wrong and then demands forgiveness because he's making her feel guilty. Good lord. How can you reconcile anything with a person that delusional?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Great story, but with flaws.

Great read and an interesting set of characters, but it could have been better with some added dialogue some additional scenes and without the shopworn leftist cliche pentagon cardboard characters.

Having read all of RG's work, you expect male protagonists to get even rather than mad. In Bridge and others, they walk away, we got a murder in Slow Dance and in "On the Lamb", our hero ends up with his own mistress, as a father and a better managed wife.

RG's female characters usually are self-centered, emotional women who want more sex, excitement and power than their husbands can give them, yet at the same time always want to remain married because they still "love" them.

Of course with RG's men, they are often far more capable than their wives give them credit.

What frustrated me about the story, is that it could have flowed much better with a few more scenes, snapshots that showed the family dynamics, we are left to guess.

Given that RG has the ability to add to the story and is not constrained by a word count or space limitations, this is one example where more is more, not less.

What was very clear is that Robert and (probably) his sons can't deal with conflict and the kind of interpersonal day to day stuff. Yes, he can manage a team when there is a clear goal and pressure, but day to day stuff, we have to guess.

Under the typical LW story arc, Robert would have divorced her, either upon learning of her betrayal or after some period of discussion. Many readers simply can't accept the ultimate behavior of Robert, based on his assumed characteristics.

RG has his character run to the fourth floor, then postpone the confrontation

because he can't deal with the conflict and then let the new engine consume his time.

But again, he loves Karen to the point that he can't see himself leaving her, so be it.

His response seems be to finally surrender, because he finds the alternative not palatable. Yes, we have the analogy of the engine, and the women of course are jealous because they fear he has a new mistress that they can't control.

Again, the heart wants what the heart wants.

My other disappointment was the shopworn, leftist cliche of the Navy types that show up to inspect the engine team. Please, this is not the 70's, far more likely it would be the DOD and University putting pressure of Robert because he has too many whites on his team and not enough GBLTQ or black females. Oh and Communists? if you want a better example of a security risk at least make Avril a former Chinese national or a Russian.

A far more realistic plot would have been him losing funding to another university or group with closer ties to a more powerful defense contractor.

We have the gallery scene where the center of attention is the nude portrait of Karen, not all the artists modern work. I don't know if RG was actually mocking modern art. Many readers (because of the dialogue) found this humiliation for Robert, was that just to wind up those LW BTB readers? Or did the comments made by the women that they would take care of him at home, mean they would balance the scales ?

All in all, a great story, I did not agree with all of it, but it was an engrossing and worthy read. With some more detail and scenes, it would have been even better.

Thanks again to RG.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
******

He is still 2nd to a dead man. If Philippe were still alive he would be prancing around in his little pink lace cuck suit.

ISKwestISKwestalmost 8 years ago
summary

Don't know if this will work .. Literotica site isn't consistent in showing all comments all the time.

I have browsed the comments. They fall into two large groups.

One group (of which I am a member) evaluates and criticizes the story on structural grounds. The consensus is that the story fails in the basics. Here is why (for those who don't yet get the point being made). A story (or film) is most often described as having a so-called 3-Act structure. The first act is the set-up; the second act is sometimes called the confrontation; the third act is the resolution or conclusion.

The consistent structural criticism of this story is that the second act is missing. Overall, this criticism is made irrespective of any one critic's preference for an act 3 outcome. Obviously, readers have expectation about human behavior. They imagine, for example, questions that Robert would ask Karen in the missing Act 2. This is the delightful and dramatic 2nd act confrontation that many of us were waiting for, and what is missing. Robert got to the 3rd act resolution, but we don't know how.

The second group is judging the story purely on outcome in 3rd act. This second group has two sub-groups.

One sub-group does not like the outcome. At one extreme, they are the BTB group. Their comments are usually short and insulting, and they vote 1 (0, if the option was available).

The other sub-group likes the outcome, and seem to vote 5 for that reason. I do not fully understand some of their motivations, because they want this story to be 'good' at all costs. For example, they will say the story is good because it gets a lot of comments. Fine, I suppose, as an arbitrary definition of 'good', but is otherwise irrelevant to both the story content and structure (which is the issue raised by the first group).

By and large, these groups of commentators are talking past each other. Personally, I think that if the author is interested in improving his writing, then pay attention to group one. If the author is a troll, then focus on the first subgroup. If the author wants his ego stroked, then pay attention to the second sub-group.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
The Plane

For those questioning him being in the plane, it was stated that he was being transported to Riyadh.

He wasn't there as a mechanic for the plane, as some seem to think, which WOULD be ridiculous.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Gotta Be A Record

As of this writing, there are ~275 comments on chapter 2, and 150+ here on chapters 3&4.

Why do you think that is? Many of the reasons have already been laid out. IMO, it's because sometimes there's an injustice done and it impacts people in a visceral way. And when that injustice is also offensive to families who sacrifice for this country through their service in the armed forces, that compounds the insult by orders of magnitude.

There are BTB stories and RAAC stories and there are good and bad parts to both. People cheat. Some are remorseful, others are not. Stories should reflect both aspects, like it or not. Sometimes the infidelity ends the relationship, other times the couple gets back together. I'm not too particular. But I have never, in all my years here, have ever read one so insulting to military families.

Shame on you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
persephone myth reversed

The real world and underworld are reversed. Persephone is leading Phil out of the underworld of false lovers and ungrateful sons. The authors mix of Rocky and Bullwinkle's fractured fairytale (thus the fractured French) and Angela Carter has Stumped all of us Phil-i-stines; perhaps a rewrite is needed.

JounarJounaralmost 8 years ago
Author is a coward

Moving the story out of loving wives is such cowardly bullshit. Like almost all of your male characters, you need to grow a spine and some balls Richard.

RE- Different characters...

You just summed up how fucked up this author's principles are with that quote. Anyone who thinks that women like the mother, wife, daughters and siblings like in the story mentioned, who lie, cheat, disrespect, plot to drug and blackmail someone they claim to love, are sympathetic in any way and good people, has serious mental issues.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Almost good

Like in "crime and punishment " Gerald comes close to making a quality story, but he fails to do it in both of them. I am not looking for someone to btb or raac but at least have the person consistent throughout, in "crime" a birth makes the protagonist change his mind and in this.... Laying in bed with the cheater because they have to delay there discussion till January makes him change his mind...... These are really questionable. I hope

R Gerard really tries to do a storyline is more in line with most non cuckhold stories on loving wives.

impo_61impo_61almost 8 years ago
Not commenting the change of category, but the story as a whole...

Not commenting the change of category, but the story as a whole...1st part - a strong 4*...2nd part a strong 1* and the final part again a 1*, because part 2 destroyed all this story, and this part just helped the destruction...Some could say that in the end he got the other man's wife...But that man was already dead...and that man had his wife for a long time while he was alive and while he was fighting and risking his life for his country...A big difference here...His wife and her lover had destroyed also his relationship with his two boys...These children were psychologically traumatized for life and never connected with their father again...Confused about who they shoul love and respect: their real father or their mother's lover...This is even worst than her cheating...How could a man accepted her back, with the other woman as reward? I don't see it possible, but that was the writer's choice...We must accept it, even if we don't agree a little bit with it...1*

chilleywilleychilleywilleyalmost 8 years ago
Well, it ended poorly, didn't it

Part 3,4 would have been a great ending to a different story. As so many have commented, the character of the husband changed hugely, or maybe it was just too quickly Had I the talent to write part 1&2, here is how I might have ended the story.

Phillip was not just an affair, he was a second husband. For the majority of their wedded life one side of the marriage was wide open, and his side was shut. Secondly, contrary to her beliefs, she valued Phillip more than she did her husband, because every time she was with Phillip, she risked discovery, and likely the destruction of her marriage. She knew the risk, which is why she never told her husband. Many have discussed the effect it might have had on his estrangement with his children. It no doubt also limited his wife's interest in forming friendships with other couples, lest her bigamy become known, there by reducing his social life.

Worst of all, your ending had his wife choose a sex partner to share him with, one that benefited the three of them. She still gets FFM threesomes, the only change, and a minor one at that, was who got to be the male.

I would have him reverse their sexual practice going forward, her side of the marriage would be closed tight, his side wide open. He gets the joy and excitement of younger pussy that he chooses, even to the point of spending weekends with his piece on the side, and the week days at home. The drama would come from her anguish of him fucking others, and possibly falling in love just as she did.

Oh well. Part 1 & 2 were superb even 2 & 4 were OK. I spent hours when I should have been asleep thinking about the story.

Chilley

ejsathomeejsathomealmost 8 years ago
It's got to be . . .

. . . one of the more disappointing of your submissions. The first two parts had promise, but the last two were awful, nebulous, and quite unsatisfying. I've enjoyed your writing in the past, but this one just left me as cold as a Montreal winter. Not enough remorse, regret, or guilt from the wife. She deserved punishment and divorce. What an idiot she was to have cheated on him while he was overseas. She was the worst kind of cheater imaginable. And as far as Phillipe, he deserved to die and suffer. He was scum, pure and simple, taking advantage of a married woman. The truth is the truth. Of course, the husband was no prize either, although he didn't deserve a cheating wife. He should have left her suffering. No balls at all. All in all, a bit of a wasted time in reading this very disappointing tale. Sorry. I do appreciate the quality of your writing, however. How about a follow-up to this tale, seeing the husband finally leaving his slut of a wife and seeing her suffer?

victoria2victoria2almost 8 years ago
wtf

what the fuck is this. divorce the wife. kick the kids and daughter in law as well as the other bitch to the curb. this guy is worse than a wimp. he is nothing. what man would tolerate this crap,. not my husband for sure. this may cause me to stop reading anything on lit again. horrible indeed.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Woman!!!! Go Faster!

I loved this story. Yes, there could have more emotional angst. More development of young threesome. More development of pain.

But, the author chose to place four characters of passion together to produce a very interesting story. Each character was a passionate one: first for art and women, the second for machines and a woman, the third for her husband(the artist) and his lover, and finally for her husband, her lover, and then his wife. This made for a very unique story. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Unfinished

This was a very good story, all three chapters. The one really unresolved issue that seems to have been flipped over is the barrier between the father and Oscar. It is clearly, at least to me, not the issue of being gay but something deeper. Could it be the resentment of father being gone and letting mom screw a French painter?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
missing something.

The first two chapters built the suspense. An expectation of a major confrontation with drama surely to follow.

After such a build-up of a pending confrontation.....nothing. No dialogue, no passionate confrontation, no interaction between Karen and her husband. Nothing. The story just slipped into a very down-played and exhausted after-math of a discussion that we know nothing about and are left guessing and must come to our own conclusions based more upon the inclusion of the other family, their sons, and his work.

The story does at least have a resolution and ending that is well written covering his past military exploits finally being told to his wives that really brought home the danger he was in. And the final resolution at Christmas was good.

You had a very good story going that could had really shown massive emotions and heartache for chapter 3 but you did not play it and instead chose the male character to be listless. The usage of sex to bring him around was insulting and portrayed him in worse light as the typical think with your dick reactionary. A limp unresponsive dick to the manipulation by the women would literally have the emotion conveyed much better as to confusion and hurt instead of the business as usual approach of a magical 3some..

Overall, I think this could had been explored much further and easily become a novel in itself as it had the makings for a classic.

Since you combined Chapters 3 and 4, this would make an excellent chance to create an alternate ending that would explore the confrontation, expand on the feelings without requiring on 3rd parties, and also perhaps direct it to a more difficult ending with a much stronger male lead who does not BTB, but is much more difficult to reconcile and makes life much more difficult for the extended family, his "wives", and especially the estranged sons who were co-opted along with "Aunt Karen" by the illicit love affair.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

This just goes to show the contempt you have for the readers on this site. One- you split up a short story into small pieces like we can't follow it all in one piece. Two- you change categories. Instead of splitting categories, you could have just given a warning at the start that there was group sex, then the readers could have decided if they wanted to waste their time.. Three- you left it unfinished without the drama the first 2 'chapters' were building up to. Where was the conflict? There was none, just straight in to having to sluts as 'wives'.

stormbreyerstormbreyeralmost 8 years ago
Thank you, Richard Gerald

Thanks for a wonderful and uplifting story. I really enjoyed the unique plot devices, and the way the protagonist ends up finding redemption in his initial despair. It reminded me of my favorite author, John Irving. Bravo

LonesomeBoy60LonesomeBoy60almost 8 years ago
Could have been...

The character development was interesting, it was a o.k. story, but the wife's character was less than favorable ( I did not wise to call her a Slut), but she acted in a way that was totally disrespectful to; her marriage,husband,home,and children. At one point she says " I did nothing wrong"?? Bull, In her world I guess so. You totally jumped over the husband and wife's conversation, when they finally did have the conversation about her lover, the man she spread her legs for, brought into their home, and had his children keep silent about. You know in the real world, that would not have washed.She pretty much got away with "murder" so to speak. The story had

potential, but did reach the potential greatness it could have claimed. Her actions could have justified B.T.B.,but I do favor forgiveness where it is do. She should have been punished more severely than the cold shoulder he gave her. She damaged their marriage, their trust,and somewhat the husband's relationship with his sons. For what? Some strange, because she was lonely? Moving another man into His/Their home with his children present was totally disrespectful. I hope you do better next time, I have my"eye" on you. I'm not hating on you, and I'll be looking forward to more of your writings. Good Luck.

GeorgeAndersonGeorgeAndersonalmost 8 years ago
Poor fellow.

He works hard and loves Karen, but always comes in second to Philippe. In the end, Philippe's women -- several generations' worth -- finally manage to completely break him to their will. They all, even his sons, use him; they don't love him. Sad tale.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelylovealmost 8 years ago
I would like to argue against a claim

That holds that a lot of comments means that a story must be good and deserves 5 stars. First off, one can generate a lot of negative comments by pushing enough buttons of the readers, so as to rile them up. You don't have to write a great story. So, cheating wife... Check. Cheats a long time ... Check. No remorse ... Check. Clueless husband unable to speak rationally to spouse (or in this case, plural, "spice"?) ... Check. Wife moves in lover ... Check. Wife cheats while husband is defending country in the armed forces... Check. Wife cheats on man without talking about her sexual problems with him first ... Check. Wife tries new things with lover first ... Check. Wife lies and gets kids to lie to spouse ... Check. Children turn against dad ... Check. Wife uncaring or husband's sacrifice ... Check. Husband constantly humiliated by painting evidence which is made public ... Check. Husband acts out of character ... Check. Without shows condescension to audience .... Check.

Possibly, all we are missing is a Hildy moment with the husband being tied up by psychotic or delusional spouse in response to real or imagined slights. Perhaps that might be in Chapter Five? Can hardly wait ...

And second, set up an interesting premise and then sink it with inconsistent and incoherent plotting and characterization also upsets people as well. And strangely, that doesn't make for great literature.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
A weak, weak man

Once he realised what his wife had done to him, over all those years, he just rolled over and allowed her and the arseholes family to walk all over him. It wasn't love: he allowed himself to still be manipulated by controlling bitches. Has he no backbone at all? Then he allows the arseholes family to stay at his place, where they took over completely. Part 1 showed a lot of promise as a good story. The rest just descended into him being a weak, cuckholded, submissive shell. Very sad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1 starr

and that comes from someone who usualy likes your stories,

but this one was simply .......crap ..... in every way

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Their Conversation

I'd like to soften my criticism on not seeing the conversation with the wife.She already told us her story in Ch 2, I'm sure what she told him would be about the same,

And after his dream,it appears to have made no difference, it wasn't till Avril spoke to him that his attitude changed, and that still puzzles me, because it's the same ridiculous argument, and I'm at a loss to figure out how he turned 180 degrees.

I'd love to see Van take a crack at an alternate ending!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
re: their conversation

You write:

"I'm at a loss to figure out how he turned 180 degrees"

So are many other readers! This is the crux of the matter. It is the missing middle chapters. The story fails to dramatically illustrate how we get from the set-up to the conclusion. Whether this was accomplished with a Karen-Robert conversation is perhaps less important as a detail.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Philip wins

Not sure how a character of this strength gets to a place where he an accept second prize. He is obviously not first choice for either woman. If Philip were still alive neither would be concerned with him. His own wife begs to return to their marriage but when he agrees she immediately returns to Philip even when he's dead! This man is physically imposing, mentally tough, and brilliant. Why would be be second to anyone especially the man who seduced his wife while he was at war?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very clever and deep. Avril is the savior, and will be the victor. Karen is on borrowed time.

If Avril had not entered Robert's life, Karen would have been kicked to the curb. What Avril brought was not the salvation of Karen's marriage, but a reprieve of the eventual end of it. What a subtle and sophisticated plot. It is unfortunate so many of your readers cannot see it. Let me explain.

Philippe and Karen are takers. Robert and Avril are givers. Avril acquiesced to Philippe's philandering so as not to lose him. He was a weak, selfish, shallow person, who thought his pleasure and contentment was more important than the vows and commitment he made to Avril. Avril saw this, and rather than become a single mother or a humiliated wife she gave Philippe what he would have taken anyway. She took her own fuck buddies as consolation, but does anyone doubt that Avril would have preferred a loyal passionate monogamous marriage? The same preference Robert had. Like Philippe, Karen took what she wanted from both Robert and Philippe, but unlike Avril, Karen knew she had to lie and cheat if she wanted to have her Robert and eat Philippe too. Philippe was a selfish asshole. Karen was a lying cheating self-serving slut. Philippe and Karen deserved each other.

When Avril entered Robert's life it was supposedly to help Karen, and Robert. But in the end she found love with a truly devoted sensitive generous man. And Robert has now found love with a truly devoted, loyal and generous woman. Karen deceived, lied, and defrauded Robert of the love and respect he deserved, and thought he had. Avril has never lied to Robert, and never disrespected him. Consider this. Would Avril allow any act of hers to bring disrespect, contempt or ridicule upon her husband Philippe while he was still alive? Of course not. Yet Karen allowed her naked ass, owned and displayed for her lover Philippe, to be the cover photo for the exhibition brochure? Could there be a more clear statement from Karen that she has no regrets for sharing herself with Phillipe, and would still arrange to be fucking Philippe if he were still alive! Karen may think Avril has been the agent of saving the marriage that Karen destroyed, but life for Karen will never be the same. Karen will continue to take, while Avril and Robert will become more and more loving, and respectful, and grateful, toward each other.

You can leave the story here, but I think the final ending is that day when some event happens, maybe a major catastrophe, but more likely some seemingly small insignificant event, when it will be demonstrated to Karen that the day she gave herself to Philippe, she gave away her marriage. One day something will happen where Robert will have to choose between Karen and Avril, and without the slightest hesitation or doubt, Robert will choose Avril. And Karen, in her stupid blind selfishness will be totally taken by surprise, and will then, finally, feel the abandonment and the pain that Robert felt the first time seeing a picture of his sexy naked wife, painted by the man she was fucking.

And as they leave her behind, Robert and Avril will feel very sorry and regretful that their actions have hurt Karen, but they will all know that Karen deserves it. And then, for those who want it, you will have the bitch burning in her loss and regret for what remains of her shitty lonely life.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Last

I believe I have just read my last richard gerald story. Your husbands are such wimps that it is just not fun to read anymore. You must be a woman writing under a man's name. Too bad.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
re: very clever and deep

You are confusing the actual, incomplete story with your own imaginary reconstruction.

Or were you referring to yourself with 'very clever and deep'?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
1*

cuck shit.

TexasBBTexasBBalmost 8 years ago
Had to think on this one for a while

Had to give this one a more careful re-read as the first read through made me feel like something was missing. The story was rather well written and engaging as your stories usually are. While some readers seem to hyperventilate over a secondary detail that's not right I personally don't see it being an issue if it's a minor piece to the entire story puzzle (ie. 20 gallons instead of 20 liters in The Bridge). My first instinct was to be upset with the missing confrontation at the beginning of these chapters, but with the re-read that really just would have been a rehash of what you did in chapter 2 and would not have moved the story forward much other than to give us Rob's reaction to the story and the fact that his kids knew and kept it from him. While that would have been interesting to see I'm not sure how much it really advanced the story.

Rob does seem to have gone through a personality change between chapters 1 and 3. He goes from seemingly strong and confident to much more submissive and accepting with no real explanation as to why. I know it's just a story but I can't see how the character introduced in chapter 1 stays and meekly accepts with what happens in chapters 3-4 given that everyone was in on it but him. Karen seems to be similar to some of your other female characters as being more upset at being found out than for any pain she has caused (to the point of being somewhat demanding in chapter 2) him.

Pride and the man's feelings are definitely a reoccurring theme in your stories. The women seem to have issue with the main male characters actually being upset and hurt by their actions and being somewhat to blame for why she did what she did.

Looking forward to the next series

BB

aptonthe503aptonthe503almost 8 years ago
Feckless

I struggled to read the first page and couldn’t finish it. Why did our intrepid protagonist (Rob) even spend a minute listening to Avril? Who cares about her story and history with poor phillip? She describes how poor phillip seduced his wife and usurped his place in the house. How poor phillip supplemented himself as the father figure in his own house with his own children. Such an atrocity. Rob is out serving his country and this devil is slinking into his home, manipulating his family. While karen never left her family to be with him, she still left her family emotionally to be with him and gave to phillip what was not his and allowed and even encouraged his influence over his family. Giving her self and his family to another when she had promised not too and blaming her husband for failing her while he fulfilled his duty. She is insidious, unforgivable and deserves suffering.

I do NOT like the direction RG took with this story. I know he thought this was better, but I disagree. This was bad. phillip seduced Rob’s wife AND family. This was crap. I didn’t finish it nor will I. By having Rob listen to Avril’s dribble and allow himself to be swayed by it, he is giving her credence where she has NO credibility. In the end Rob was seduced as well and I have no time for such feckless and stupid characters.

megachurchmegachurchalmost 8 years ago
A more satisfying ending

The two women are creepy and manipulitive. They deserve to be strung along and dumped.

He has a long, flagrant affair with another woman. They are repeatably publicly humiliated. Finally, he dumps them both. Before the divorce his cat knocks over a burning candle and escapes out her cat door. The women die a flaming death and he collects the insurance and a HUGE life insurance payoff. Closure!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Their conversation"

No it is NOT any missing chapters. At the start of this chapter, when he wakes up from the dream he STILL does not accept Karen and Philippe.

Then Avril comes in, gives him more of the psycho-sexual babble, then he goes downstairs, Karen tries to explain, and he says, "No need, Avril explained it all," and that's it, suddenly he abandons his hideaway and is ready to talk about moving on.

The next thing you know Avril's family and their sons are moving in and all is right with the world!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
@Anonymous Re: "Very clever"

I like it! I don't think RG will give us that, I think he expects Rob to be happy with his FFM threesome.

I wouldn't mind megachurch's ending, either!

TonyKiwiTonyKiwialmost 8 years ago
I

can only think of this story as been written by a feminist as the author continuously has the occupants of his house nag Ron to forgive his wife for something she is not sorry for. Karen knowing Ron has been told about her cheating and that his son also knows, invites her lovers family to stay in his home. The total disrespect shown and lack of remorse is beyond any normal mans tolerance, only in a story could a man live in a house where everyone knows he has been cuckold by their family member, forget about his pride, what about his self worth, his self confidence, any normal person would get out of this house that mocks him, a house where his wife lived with her lover. In this house another man was a father to his own son. Take the cat and move out. Half this story is about how upset Karen and Avril are, yet they caused the problem. How can a Engineer, the iceman, a problem solver do nothing but let these woman walk all over him when at work he is the boss, how does he become so wimpy, so indecisive. Being an Engineer I enjoyed the other half of the story about building a jet engine but feel it was only there to keep me reading and accept all the other crap. TK

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 8 years ago
Further Thought

I may have said this before, but it bears being repeated in isolation.

Maybe it was just an unthinking slip of the tongue by either the writer or the character, but I find it significant that she referred to Philippe helping out with MY children. Shouldn't she have said "our" children? They ARE Rob's children as well as hers!

SelqSelqalmost 8 years ago
Re: Further thoughts

Sbrooks103x, that may not be a typo or a slip. Maybe RG was letting us know that she was cheating before. It would fit with the character of the woman.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
well

Excellent writing.

As for the story, hm.

She destroyed her husband, a personality like that would not have ever bounced back and certainly not by engaging with both the women.

It may be me but seems like you wrote this as them using him, at best throwing him a bone because the man they really loved was dead.

If he was alive, both women would be with him, its obvious the poor guy is their second choice.

No, a guy written like that one was could never have ended up the way the story was written to end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
You blew it

You blew it you asshole .... these mess makes me sick you limp wristed cucky boy. Go to lovers lane a feast on used condoms ya full on fag

LostOneThereLostOneTherealmost 8 years ago
It wasn't a beautiful love as the women intoned.

Their party of three knew all about it... But always intended to be kept secret from the man serving his country. They even enlisted the children in the secrecy and deception. That makes it oh so Taudry, cheap and without redemption. Looking at my similar past and the lives of other career soldiers, sailors, and Marines. I can say with absolute conviction that you utterly trashed the character of an honorable man... Even if it is pure fiction. She just placed herself above the rest of her family and that's the way it stayed.

Sorry Richard , the last three chapters stink worse than a swine farm's manure pile.

(Sorry for all the career airmen out there, but I never worked with any of your senior types. Generally just up to E6/7 and O3/4. And they were either CCT or WX type detachments.)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Very choppy

There are too many gaps in the story. This one doesn't follow nicely from Ch. 2. Not enough character and plot development either.

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 8 years ago
Somewhere between accepting cuckold and BTB is where this story could have gone

It didn't. He has accepted his position as a cuckold and second place.

His wife abandoned him when he was at war. That's one of the lowest forms of betrayal. She doesn't regret it. She loved her paramour. She not only gave him her body, which would have been bad enough, she gave him her love. She gave him her husband's children to create a pseudo family. She gave him their house. She gave her lover all that was her husband's while he was at war and she DOES NOT REGRET IT.

Because it was true love, don't you see. Sappy love excuses everything.

The problem is, she already had a love and a family and she abandoned it, or rearranged it. For what higher cause? Because she was lonely and a smooth talking artiste paid her attention?

But they LOOOVVVVEEEEEDDDDD each other.

If the artiste was still alive, the affair would STILL be ongoing. The only regret his wife has is that her husband (the real one) was "hurt" by finding out.

What is the solution? Simple, cuckold him again, to the artiste's memory.

His wife moves in the artiste's family and manipulates and pressures him into accepting his status as a cuckold. His consolation prize? The artiste's cast offs.

What price does his wife pay? Why, she gets to feel sorry for herself because her husband (the real one) is upset with her. How tragic for her.

Meanwhile all the women put on airs of superiority that THEY alone perceive the truth and he, the poor, stupid, prideful man simply needs to get over himself and accept his cuckold status.

He does and it's distasteful.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Promise wasted

Weak ending, pts 3-4 were a disappointment, and not because of the infidelity issue, Characters out of character.

FD45FD45over 7 years ago
Mm

I haven't seen a story lose it's focus and credibility since 'Mr. Nice Guy' by Katami. It was just as jarring in it's final execution.

arrowglassarrowglassover 7 years ago
Wonderful story!

A tall tale with heart...and a soul.

gardalmungardalmunover 7 years ago
I wanted to like it but.....

She gave herself and his sons to another man. I could never trust her again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1*

some of the worst cuck shit ever.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 7 years ago
Minor Point

Many comments have mentioned using the "sons".

As far as I noticed in the story, only Kevin knew as a child, maybe Oscar was told later, I don't know.

I think Oscar's distance from his father came from his fear of telling his father that he was gay,

Again, a minor point, and her evilness is just as bad if she included one or both sons.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
sorry

You are very talented but your claim that this was a ''better story'' comes up short. The wife decides she no longer is attracted to husband. Begin affair with moral artist. When husband is missing moves that man into house and has him ply daddy. Then when no retribution can be had husband is humiliated in front of world with the public displaying of wife's portrait.

Only after lover is dead does wife discover passion for her husband but she indists on continuing to humiliate him. A4nd no one thinls her adultery is of any concern.''

Husband acquiesces.

You have demonstrated time and again that it is perfectly acceptable for a rich or famous or powerful person to cuckold a decent loving husband and the husband should be grateful for the humiliation and just give in to his ''betters''

That you devoutly ascribed to that view is your affair and your decision.

In mine that view is repugnant. Medieval actually as in the ''First Night'' demands of those times.

That you believe wealth power and position are the indicators of a ''better man'' and if one is not of that clique one should eagerly bow and scrape suggests a personal recognition of inferiority

Sorry I hold myself in much higher esteem than you hold yourself

That is not meant as a personal attack, just a statement of fact

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Whoa - what pile of dog shit!

Yikes, is this all this cuck/wimp author submits? Don't bother answering, we will not bother checking out the other garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Missed it this time

Let me first say you are one of my favorite writers. I have read the bridge numerous times and I loved the first chapter, thought the story had so much promise but then you did things like suggest the affair caused the bad relationship between dad and son and then you suggest it is because he is gay but after reading the whole story I still don't know. You mention a dinner at the end of 2 but never explain it. You have a navy officer known as iceman yet he hides out on the 4th floor apt. For weeks before giving into his wife's plans to put off any discussion till after the holidays. Just so many inconsistencies and then the guy just goes back to her. Thanks for all your previous writings but I think this one missed the mark, to bad because like I said the concept had so much promise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
missed the mark.

Several subtle points have been made that just scream betrayal and disrespect. The two sons stand out in this. Rob himself describes the relationship as bored, awkward, and nothing in common. He further states that Oscar has only been home twice since he left for college. Yet both of these boys show up out of the blue for the Canadian celebration at Rob's house just because Phillipe's family is there along with "Aunt Karen".

No wonder Rob feels estranged around his wife and children as they have demonstrated that they are a part of Phillipe's family. Rob was wondering if his relationship was 2nd. In truth, Rob's relationship is actually 3rd rate. Phillipe was first and foremost as Karen and the boys formed a family with him. Then Phillipe's family became 2nd in their lives as they became part of it for many years and kept the secrets.

Rob has come in 3rd as he was intentionally excluded from this part of their lives for many years. His wife and sons valued the other relationships more and it simply became a matter of having their cake and eating it too.

No wonder the boys have no respect for Rob. There is nothing to the homosexual angle. The boy's simply viewed him as a paycheck and an outsider. Rob was always on the outside of Phillipe and his family until this came to light. Now they want to throw him a bone and include him in the extended family? When this very same extended family never had anything to do with him for decades? Just flip and switch and welcome to the family? My son fucked your wife and was a father to your boys but that's OK because she has been an important part of our family for years and now that he ain't around we will allow you to become a part of the family?

Frankly, Rob's best options are to eat a bullet which is a definite possibility as his whole family has been a lie for years. Or simply leave the nest of vipers and go it alone.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
My take.....

When Phil's mom insulted Rob in his own home it finally happened, something inside snapped and the rage finally took over. When the smoke cleared the lovely home was a smoking pile of ash and the only survivors were Rob and the cats. Rob seemed almost catatonic and did not respond to the questions of firemen or police and was hospitalized for almost 5 years before he came back to himself. He never did admit to remembering what happened that day.

****************

Karmic scales balanced again. Phil took a man's family, his life, his legacy and disrespected Rob in his own home, the return on this investment was Rob in rage removed Phil's legacy completely. In one fell swoop Phil's mother, wife, lover, children and grandchildren all gone from the face of the earth. No one left to ever remember a mediocre 'artist'. Personally I think the gene pool was cleansed a little that day.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Terrible Story!

This is a good author, this story was difficult to believe. I did read it all though and felt queasy afterwards and I hoped he would man up. The mother in law should have been put out of her misery. Of course he never did and its difficult to imagine any man putting up with this treatment. Ugggg!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I refuse to believe that a 3-way is all it took to heal him.

Almost all of the 20-some years of his marriage was filled with lies from his ENTIRE family! She kept the affair going right up until Phillipe died with her little trips. His own sons lied by omission--there's the reason for the estrangement--the sons' guilt. He was a good gentle man...whom EVERYONE in this story took advantage of! That does not sit with the image of a highly effective military officer and manager of a large group of "geniuses. " when he heard of the sleeping arrangements for the bitchs' (yes I do mean that in the plural) family reunion in HIS home--without his consent or even being consulted--he should've been on his way to a hotel. Then between the whole crowd ganging up on him, capped with his first 3-way--BAM! All is good and on the road to a life of roses. His feelings of betrayal just evaporated. For 20+ years EVERYONE knew, but him. All the years of lies--poof! It just doesn't add up. I know men (including me) tend to think with their dick, but a man of his years and experience would only be led around by his unit for a short time until it all came rushing back. And when it did...the burning embers of the house he burned in his thoughts would look like a palace. He's a ticking bomb...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Hmmm

Well written but honestly a crappy story line.

Slash the painting in front of everyone and divorce her and the kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

It is I, the one who commented last on the other chapters.

I had hoped the conclusion was as good.

How wrong could I be!

You turned him into an utter pussy. Everyone telling him how stupid, immature, even calling his reaction to the cunt's complete betrayal as "hurt feelings" until he started believing that crap and actually had HIM apologizing!

I was disgusted and could not keep reading. I am not calling YOU names, or making fun of your writing, as you do write well. It is just that what you did write was utterly disgusting.

A score of minus 5 would fit though I cannot give it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
a cucks life

The only thing I asked my wife was not to make it public cause as much as I loved her I would not live with everyone knowing she was making a cuck out of me. Now as to the story line. I honestly thought he would man up before the story ended. But no. So my take is that the wife not only cheated all those years but she was not going to give up on her lover and he was just going to have to accept it. Having her lovers wife and family there to rub her affair in his face was a big turn off for me. having her drawing displayed for all the world to see just reinforced my thought that she was always going to put her late lover first before her husband. I don't understand how anybody could accept being put in second place by his wife. As shown by her actions her late lover was always going to come first

I loved the story but am disgusted by the husband not showing any shame for accepting that he was replaced ages ago and still staying with the woman. And she did make it public for the world to laugh at his lack of self respect. There's more I could say but my blood is boiling trying to imagine there could actually be someone out there like him. Wow!!!

123456...9
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous