All Comments on 'Any Way You Slice It'

by Bh76

Sort by:
  • 36 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Great story! I agree that even after Covid-19 is resolved, there will be future pandemics. I just hope our leaders will have learned their lessons and be better prepared.

5

EgregiousEgregiousover 3 years ago

Great story, very believable and well told.

oldsage_1oldsage_1over 3 years ago

That was a great story except for the new pandemic you dreamed up in our future! Just kidding! I am sure there is one out there waiting.

Good story, well developed, few trivial errors, believable and well paced. Thanks for a good ending too many writers give the ending short shrift leaving to much to the "readers imagination" IMO. Thank you for your effort. Job well done.

Cheers

SAGE

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Nice story. Solid 4*.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Oldsage 1 ...

Believe it or not .... the "Black Death" is still out there!!!

Bh76 ... Lovely story 5*

VBr 19pvc44

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Just plain enjoyable

Somehow the flow of this tale was very smooth and it all fit together well. I liked the characters...even the villain was properly villainous and except for a few grammar errors (apparently there's another pandemic going around whose symptoms are an inability to learn how to use pronouns) and one time where Trey's dad called him Trey instead of Bobby it went very well. I have been accused of never giving 5* ratings, but I do and this one was worthy of it. Thanks.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyover 3 years ago
Great story

Really enjoyed the read. Thank-you

redbaron172redbaron172over 3 years ago

Another winner !! Thats two i've read....out of the six so far..... I like the believability Good job Keep it up...

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

Money can't buy you happiness, but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery ;-) (Spike Milligan)

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Easy read. To coincidentally current

Gumby603Gumby603over 3 years ago
Great story

Fun read. Deuce was a real Deuce. I've enjoyed everything of yours that I've read!

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Great Story

Loved the main character, Syn, and the way it was written. Maybe a few mistakes but not enough to upset me. Knew there were going to be money problems but not the way you brought them up and was surprised with Syn's actions on money as it seemed out of character. Didn't stop my enjoyment though. A classic for Valentine's.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Pronoun problem

“He apologized and begged Trey and I for forgiveness.”

What? Would you ever say “He apologized and begged I for forgiveness”?

I’m surprised Overcritical gave 5* for this. For the first time ever I had to rate a story lower than he did. I mean, with people literally starving from the economic crisis of Covid, I find it hard to gin up any interest in a story of the super rich who are just too proud to ask for money from a relative.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This was really good BH. Your climax was unexpected which is always a plus but that you managed to take a well known theme and deliver it so convincingly is a testament to your talent and growth. The end was so emotive and real. I don't give a shit about golf but you still kept my attention. I really loved this.

Bebop3Bebop3over 3 years ago

Sweet story. Nice job.

NewOldGuy77NewOldGuy77about 3 years ago

Very nice, plus now I know what “skins game” means. Good job explaining it to a non-golfer.

SecretLover32501SecretLover32501about 3 years ago

I'm sorry I didn't find your stories earlier, at least in time to have voted for this. I enjoyed all your stories I've read and this is my favorite. Thank you.

NovaPrime71NovaPrime71about 3 years ago
As Always, very good

My only critique is, it seemed a bit rushed.

AFoolRushesInAFoolRushesInalmost 3 years ago

You explained my slice perfectly. I'm a little guy that can hit with the big boys, except for my perpetual slice. I'm working on the feet thing, but it ain't easy after all these years...

Loved your story, and am binging on the rest. I especially love your world building, where characters continually cross. I grew up on Sci-Fi future histories, and similar plot devices. I'm going to try to have an element of that in some of the ones I would like to write.

Keep on.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

TREY IS SUCH A LOSER....HE AND SYN WERENT A GOOD FIT FROM THE OUTSET...SYN WAS TOO GOOD FOR HIM....SYN WAS SO FOOLISH TO DUMP HER EGGS IN ONE BASKET BY INVESTING IN THEIR FUND....SHE SEEMED LIKE A STRONG CHARACTER UNTIL SHE BECAME INVOLVED WITH TREY

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It is interesting that Syn’s father wanted to hide his wealth from US taxes just like Trump! Trump’s father estate of over one billion dollars got presented as one hundred million to the US Government when he died. Trump even boasts about this since the estate tax payable requirement is outside of the legal time limit.

burningloveburningloveover 2 years ago

Excellent! Great story flow and character development!

***** stars!

Burninglove

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is an example of my philosophy on investment. NEVER PUT ALL OF YOUR MONEY IN ONE PLACE. SPREAD IT AROUND TO AT LEAST 5 DIFFERENT INVESTMENT PROCESSES. THAT INCLUDES 20% IN GOLD BULLION.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

What an enjoyable read. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A great story. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Syn was supposed to be a strong smart character yet she just gave in to Trey and especially Deuce when it came to investing her money!! Guess greed goes with stupidity for rich bitches

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really gullible of Syn who started of as a strong independent character to be so easily swindled by her in laws.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great job really enjoyed the story. Thanks KS

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Dude i read these comments people r such a holes g

drycreeksdrycreeksover 1 year ago

Great job enjoyed it 5 stars..

servant111servant111over 1 year ago

Simply delightful! You are officially my favorite romance writer. Great characters interesting framing pacing

5 stars

Pjam1968Pjam1968about 1 year ago

It is so easy when plenty of money. A very well written storie

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Amazing story.

True love conquers economic megalomania.

What a tough jock wife. Most spouses would have folded and run from disaster. Kudos to marital teamwork. I've never experienced it.

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

Love this journey if redemption and love

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A smart woman like Syn gets taken in by the likes of her stupid husband and his father. Cuck writer weakened her character

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBh76@Bh76
2/9/24: Out of the Shadows is finally ready and dropping soon. My long-awaited sequel to Heart is Where the Home Is and Living In the Shadows picks up where Living left off and continues the saga of Mel, Joe, Lainey, Ken, and the rest of the gang. My patreon supporters have al...