All Comments on 'Aphrodite's Prey'

by GeorgeAnderson

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
blackrandl1958blackrandl19587 months ago

Been a while, Mr. Anderson. Thanks for the new story. Glad you're back. Randi.

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft7 months ago

My first thought after reading this sweet tale was Pete Seeger singing:

/

We will pray with Aphrodite,

She’s beautiful but flighty,

And she wears that see-through nightie,

And it's good enough for me.

/

Give me that old, time religion…

SaintososSaintosos7 months ago

Homer sings your praises. Aesop bestows honors. You are truly gifted in keeping Literotica from storming off down The River Styx. All my life, I have sought to make Greek/Roman Mythology literarily workable within my own limited talents of story telling. I read it for insight, fun and inspiration; but when I write, I can't give it form and systematic substance the way you do. Perhaps I fail as a true believer. (Just jesting.) Please don't confess that you just had coffee with Calliope. Klem.

CagivagurlCagivagurl7 months ago

Awesome take on a fabulous story. Wonderfully told.

loved every second of it.

5 stars

Cagivagurl.

stev2244stev22447 months ago

Yes! What a great surprise. A new GA story, and as expected it's extremely good and really original. I hope we will see more of your stories again.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy7 months ago

Interesting story!

5

ibuguseribuguser7 months ago

I don't like LW sci-fi but this was well written.

One annoying point was when the wife gets home after a week and Jeff goes to work!

5* nonetheless.

MattblackUKMattblackUK7 months ago

Well that wad a different story to start the week with! A true Loving Wife in the Loving Wife pantheon. 5* all the way.

RePhilRePhil7 months ago

Never predictable! Always top drawer writing! Thanks again for sharing with us

maninconnmaninconn7 months ago

Wow! A new George Anderson story to start the week and a doozy! But puhleeeze George, don’t authorize any more alternate endings! Cause…yikes!

someoneothersomeoneother7 months ago

Great story. We do have to overlook the oddity that husband goes to work the day after wife returns after being missing for several days.

dragonmann72dragonmann727 months ago

All that build up and we still don't know what the birthday gift was. Damn you George Anderson, February Sucks, oh wait, it's October.

CriosCrios7 months ago

Terrific story, George! Fun, sexy, eerie!

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith7 months ago

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ wow great story!

MightyheartMightyheart7 months ago

Very unique & original.

Great writing ✍️

demanderdemander7 months ago

I wonder how things might have turned out if the Greek god had been a male? Maybe not so well. It's good to see a story by GA. D

gatorhermitgatorhermit7 months ago
Intriguing and Interesting…

With a few pithy lines this could have been an HDK story. Clever and a good ride. Five stars; well done!

UnassignedUnassigned7 months ago

George Anderson is back!!! What a 5+* way to start the week.

.

Of course, to nit pick . . . his wife comes back after being missing for a week, and he heads right off to work?

whateverittakeswhateverittakes7 months ago

What an unusual story. An actual loving wife in the Loving Wives section. Thanks.

hindsight2020hindsight20207 months ago

Another 5* story.

But what was this perfect present?

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Welcome back, sir. Any truth to the rumor that while you were gone you... naah, that's totally unbelieveable. Unless...

bruce1971bruce19717 months ago

So wonderful to see another GeorgeAnderson story! And, again, this hit all the points--love, forgiveness, strongly defined male and female characters. I especially enjoyed the mythology you created here, adapting traditional mythology, but very much making it your own. Five very well-deserved stars and a sincere hope that it won't be so long before another story comes down the pike!

Regguy69Regguy697 months ago

Fun story! Sort of Saddletramp-ish, which is not a bad thing. Glad to see you active again, GA.

Rocket081960Rocket0819607 months ago

A fun story and a good read.

Cracker270Cracker2707 months ago

Wow, so thoroughly enjoyable. Thank you and it is such a joy to see a new story

JoeBetterBNiceJoeBetterBNice7 months ago

An original story which I thoroughly enjoyed. Writing something original on this site is no mean feat as the site thrives on tropes or alternate versions of already published stories (the latter item is pretty ridiculous to mention in a note on a George Anderson story).

Minor quibble point from a mythology lover: Greek god pantheon - Aphrodite, Eros, Hephaestus. Roman/Latin god pantheon - is Venus, Cupid, Vulcan. Since Mt. Olympus (in Greece) is referenced and "Cupid" was writing in ancient Greek, seems like they should have all had their Greek names, or at least all had the same pantheon names. However, didn't affect the story for me, and my guess is that 99% of readers have no idea about the difference.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed7 months ago

This was a great story until the end. Yes, they are back together, but somehow I expected the new last minute birthday present would somehow be something to put Aphrodite in her place.

Hooked1957Hooked19577 months ago

What a way to come back! A completely original story is a unicorn in LW, and you pulled it off beautifully. 5 big stars.

Hooked

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades7 months ago

Love is the greatest gift. Enjoyed the reading, Thanks for your writing.

TonyspencerTonyspencer7 months ago

That was a fun read, thank you, 5*

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawk7 months ago

I don’t know. If my wife had been missing for a week and then showed up right before I left for work, I’m pretty sure getting to work on time would have to take a back seat to finding out what the hell had happened to her.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

So, what was his present?

DessertmanDessertman7 months ago

That was very different, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Aphrodite for the Greeks, Venus for the Romans, Astarte for the Phoenicians, Ishtar for the Akkadians and Assirians, and most of all, Inanna for the Sumerians: how many names this Goddess had in the past ? Being the grandaughter of the most important God, the sumerian Enlil, she was one of the powerful Goddess of the ancient times. Good tale, maybe more Romance than LW.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon7 months ago

George's senility is getting worse. A monkey throwing shit against a wall could have come up with a better premise.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Stupid

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This one won't spawn a hundred imitators, I'm thinking. A little too out there.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hmm... loving, devoted wife in a perfect marriage has her lust switch flipped in an instant by a larger than life figure, and is helpless to stop herself from embarking on a hedonistic romp, but manages to return to her idyllic life...

This is February sucks, but swap out a jock for a goddess, and minus the engaging introspection that made the original worth reading. Eh.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Certainly a novel approach for LW. Interesting effot. The NT is not written in classical Greek cerca 500BC. It's coiné. Learn to use pronouns correctly instead of lapsing into lazy woketardism.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlove7 months ago

My goodness, your imagination put down in words, is most intoxicating. However, you have done me wrong. When my husband finished reading this to me, he disappeared for about a half hour downstairs. When he returned, all excited and smiling, he had his old Dungeons and Dragons Demigods book in his hand. OMG, I thought those days were done. My strong, sexy, masculine husband was once again a dungeon master...and no, it's not that type of dungeon. What have you done?.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Sorry. Just stupid. Bereft of entertainment.

.

2 **

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I like how you are still trying to justify cheating no matter what the excuse, and then the other spouse accepting it. The use of a goddess is a new twist. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

The man who spawned a thousand sequels!

Well done. I like when the bizarre pops into everyday life.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Meh! A modern but weak Greek tragedy

silentsoundsilentsound7 months ago

Nice flight of fancy. Thanks for an updated version of an ancient story.

Time to kill some puny gods however....

JohnChildJohnChild7 months ago

A big thumbs up for this story I enjoyed it to the end.

LickideesplitLickideesplit7 months ago

Nice, BUT … this is clearly SciFi, or Supernatural, or First Time, or Non-Consensual. But We-The-Readers did not get much detail of Sweetie’s experience except Cupid’s non-detailed reflections and less of the same by Aphrodite.

Good Read, but unrated under LW.

LickideesplitLickideesplit7 months ago

Addendum

Also We-The-Readers do NOT get to see much of Sweetie’s adjustment to her family. IMHO, a critical part of LW is the adjustments of the couple’s (in this story including the young kids) re-orientation. Sweetie obviously is ignorant of the length of her absence, reinforced, for some reason, by Hubby’s coping mechanism. The hints of Sweetie’s recovery is just a starting point for the real LW part of this tale. But that will almost certainly will be helping Sweetie/Mom to process the actions she could not control… until Goddess of Love gave Sweetie time to sober up.

Bh76Bh767 months ago

You lost me when he went to work the day she came home after almost a week.

JH4FunJH4Fun7 months ago
Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Many readers consuming this tale are going to get lost in the mythology portion. However, I was enjoying the spin on the LW part of the Goddess of Love being the antagonist in the tale.

Use of the lesser god Cupid to keep the husband moving forward made it an intriguing spin. Using the strength of her love for family to override the intensity of her lust to me letting the good guy’s win was great.

Just another Outstanding Read ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ from you. Glad to see you are still creating products for our consumption. Thank you for this one it made me remember my time in the Mediterranean and smile.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar7 months ago

One can't argue with the fact you are willing t try something different. I'm not going to give this one a rating as I'm torn between the valiant attempt to bring something different to LW and the sheer stupidity of the story, and I don't mean the Fantasy aspect, I mean the actions of everyone in the story.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now7 months ago

I loved it. Full. stop.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamer7 months ago

There seems to always be readers clamoring for something different--by golly, this is something different!

***** and well earned. cd

ReedRichardsReedRichards7 months ago

Ahhh, but there’s the missing part. The husband accepted Gina having lesbian sex with Aphrodite, but what if Hephaestus had taken a turn with her?

ChopinesqueChopinesque7 months ago

How delightful to find a new GA story! Thank you Sir George?

"Chops"

TnicollTnicoll7 months ago

Welcome back GA. We missed you!

RK52RK527 months ago

Definitely different but a true “Loving Wife.” An excellent tale.

tizwickytizwicky7 months ago

Great story George! Thanks for sharing it.

StormXStormX7 months ago

George....it was a fun read. I found it a great little mashup off mythology and a Hallmark romance.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgerald7 months ago

Original. Unique. Funny. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

A sincere thank you!

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer7 months ago

Once Gina relates what had happened with her and the goddess, Jeff announces that he will be having a weeklong holiday where he will fuck an escort everyday. That way Gina can live the experience he had.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

ROMANCE... AND A VERY GOOD ONE.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster17 months ago

Very well done... a blend of mythology and modern-day life and love that winds up in a "happily ever after" ending that seems to fit the tale well.

5 *****

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

GeorgeAnderson had painted himself into a corner, without meaning to. But lack of intent didn’t change the fact that “February Sucks” became the greatest phenomenon in Loving Wives history. And for over 3 years after it posted, GA’s only presence on the site was as an acknowledged co-editor or beta-reader on stories by others (e.g., Randi, Stev). After so much time, this reader had long ago concluded that since it would be impossible to match that story’s impact, following it up would be an impossibility. Therefore, it is little surprise that his first story since was so untethered to reality. Normally, I would have read it, not saved it, and not commented. But this was a historic event, and therefore deserves preservation and notice. The usual suspects (as noted above, Randi and Stev, along with Cagiva and Matt) quickly posted comments, all raves. And for what this was, I have to agree. That being said, this sort of mythological stuff really isn’t my thing. But as such things go, this was done quite well. And you’ve got to love a happy ending. Or, at least I do. I should really hold off on sending this in until next month, when I finally register with the site as QuickMagazine. But since I noted that none of the early comments were posted under “Anonymous,” I was curious to see if perhaps GA chose to exclude Anons from the board. Considering all the abuse heaped on “FS,” I wouldn’t blame him. So if this doesn’t post today, I’ll presumably post it later on once I’ve registered. (Probably with updates, revisions, since I draft these things offline, and then copy and paste them into the small comments box)

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

4*, because we never are told what the birthday present was

Frank66Frank667 months ago

Aphrodite and Cupid? Please- fictional characters in Greek mythology. Here's how to save the story- throw in some modern day reality, say with a couple named Jim and Linda. With over a hundred stories written about them, they're today's reality. Now, Gina, in looking for her perfect one of a kind birthday gift for her husband, goes to her favorite sales clerk Linda, who had been recently divorced in a nasty and public way. Linda is now shacked up with her best friend Dee, who's seeing some jerk named Marc on the side......

The_John_YossarianThe_John_Yossarian7 months ago

George Anderson is officially off Hiatus!!! Came roarin' back!! This is a great, happy, fun, and imaginative story delivered with the usual panache, style, and, yes, class. Fiver!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

What they said.

LOVE slap-hapy-papy #9

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Feels almost like a support piece for Feb Sucks. An explanation of how a devoted living wife can walk off with a “Greek god” but still return with her love for her husband and family intact.

A Homeric slut ray in action

It was always suggested that the ancient gods were to be feared rather than loved. They regarded mortals as their playthings. Approximately half of all pregnancies in Ancient Greece were supposed to be as a result of Zeus’s fondness for a bit of mortal tail, if the stories are to be believed 😂

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

It was interesting but way too weird for my tastes.

Someone called her a loving wife. I think not. More like a well worn whore.

WetheNorthWetheNorth7 months ago

I hope that this does not lead to another long stream of LW diarrhea.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Really glad to have one of the greats back. Even with a fairy tale

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

B S

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Hi, I was excited to see your name as author and I certainly wasn’t disappointed! A really fun read. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.

An old curmudgeon

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Great story, good imagination... loved it - 5* Ignore the negative idiots who get theirs by offing others, they lack self-respect, so they bolster themselves (in their own eyes) by downing others... they are the ones who need help.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Fun, but as others said, he goes to work?

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Regardless of the plot, GA's stories are basically the same. The wife turns into a wanton slut, the guy accepts it and they live happily ever after.

bobareenobobareeno7 months ago

Not a story that was easy to relate to. GA’s stories are often so spot on they raise the ire of all who read them. Here, a Goddess stole a wife. Nope, not a tale that resonated. Nevertheless, interesting, if not compelling. February Sucks beats it all to hell, but doesn’t have the score that it deserved. GA is sorely underrated on this site.

NudeInMaineNudeInMaine7 months ago

Good story. BUT…..what was it she drove all over town looking for, for Jeff’s birthday to get this story started?

Harryin VAHarryin VA7 months ago

A truly unique and well written story of considerable insight and originality.

and quite boring. I literally fell asleep twice trying to finish the story

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

"But you know you don't have to worry about other guys. I want you to be sure, sure, sure of that."

\

Well, you mean other Mortal guys. You set the precedent, so if some Greek God descends upon this whore she'll be fucking his brains out faster than you can say Marc LaValliere. She's already proven she's a pretty easy mark, and if one of the male Greek Gods want her why not just take her; that's how it works, right? Maybe someone will write That sequel.

\

But that's the problem with Science Fiction/Fantasy stories, they don't have to make any sense since they operate outside the boundaries of a normal world made up of normal people. This story is cute, but its in the Wrong category. Why? Its not like you are some new writer, still learning the territory. In the end there is Nothing to think or care about this story since there is nothing to relate to or evaluate. If a God makes her her fuck toy what power can overwhelm that? And if Love can overwhelm that then why did the Love not assert itself until after she had days of Heavenly Mind Blowing Lesbian sex? And why won't she continue to reminisce and explore that Lesbian thrill if she gets the opportunity again? And so what if she does, its just magic fantasy fag cuck shit? Not a Loving Wives story, but thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I ended up rating this ⭐️⭐️.

The story was fine and and it's completely original but the Olympians don't play. There is zero chance that there could be a happy ending.

Gina would probably have to watch her husband and sons die in horrific fashion because the gods are petty and vengeful.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Welcome back George!

QotsisajakQotsisajak7 months ago

I enjoythis one

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

WOW George I have read almost all of your works and this one is JUST SO different and sure is a dozy (JAYBEE186)

Old_TimerOld_Timer7 months ago

A little different from the usual, but an excellent story by a master storyteller. 5 Stars

silentsoundsilentsound7 months ago

Well the hate is surprising. GA has always had talent regardless of how attractive his characters are or aren't.

I also disagree with some who believe this story doesn't inspire other writers to explore this particular plot device.

I've been constructing a framework ever since reading this.

Say what you will but George definitely inspires and provokes creative thoughts in others.

No need to point out the obvious evidence of my claims as it's only four months until the fateful and hated month.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Lovely tale. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

That was fun. Thank you for a unique tale. DMW aka Sumnut96

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Silly is good. Ludicrous and contorted isn't

enderlocke77enderlocke777 months ago

"Did they think just because she was good looking, she was some air headed bimbo who didn't know what she wanted" best line in the story. I always found mythology fascinating humans making their gods act human lol

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc7 months ago

Entertains and well written. 4.1*

BSreaderBSreader7 months ago
Interesting

Take on this theme well written thank you

ReedRichardsReedRichards7 months ago

Aphrodite being a goddess should not be compared with Marc Lavalhoweveryouspellhisname. Marc L was very persuasive, but he was still a mortal; the Greek gods simply overpower mere mortals.

.

I do agree with the complaints about mixing the Greek and Roman names for the gods, though few know that Eros was the Greek name for Cupid.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGeorgeAnderson@GeorgeAnderson
I hereby grant anyone who wishes it, permission to create derivative works from my stories on Literotica, with two conditions: 1. A link to the original must appear at the top of the derivative work. (If you don't know how to do this, ask the moderator.) 2. Quotations from the...

SIMILAR Stories