Aphrodite's Reward Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She thanked him with her kisses and her embrace, and with her cooperation in any way she could give... but soon, all she could do was lie back and enjoy. It was all that her partner wanted, anyway. Davos plundered her long through the night, giving her more than a few orgasms along the way and granting her constant bliss in between. When his satisfaction finally arrived, building from a passionate frenzy into a long, throbbing release that seemed to ripple through his whole body, he found it just wasn't enough.

He knew it wasn't ordinary. Davos realized he should need rest, and that this one climax should have left him spent. Instead, while his cock grew slightly sensitive for a time and his pace slowed, his desire did not. He wanted more.

Juliana happily provided.

* * *

She woke him with her mouth in the morning. Davos glanced toward the window--a glass window, not simply a portal with a wooden covering, which gave him a reminder of his plush lodgings--and found the sky glowing with early twilight. It was about as much sensory input as he could handle, though, given the warm and decadent pleasures now lavished on his cock.

Juliana gave a little laugh as he stirred. Her eyes looked up at him with adoration. He noticed immediately that she was already dressed. "I was hoping to taste you before I left," she said, "but with your stamina, I don't think I'll quite get there."

"I'm willing to help as much as I can," Davos joked.

Her hands and light kisses continued to please him, but he knew not to expect much here. The fact that she was dressed and had her hair brushed told him all he needed to know. "I came here last night to thank you for all you did," she said, "but I'm left even more grateful now. You were wonderful last night. That was amazing. I barely slept, but I feel so good I am hardly tired."

"I'm more than willing to share the room with you again tonight if you like."

"I won't be able to take you up on that," Juliana said, "much as I would enjoy it. I have other commitments. Davos, I must ask a favor of you."

"Please do," he said, propping himself up on his elbows.

Juliana sat up. "Would you be willing to keep this to yourself? I don't need anyone getting the idea that staying a night here includes me as a bedmate. Rumors can hurt in more ways than one."

"Of course," he said. "I'll say nothing to anyone."

She nodded. "And could you perhaps... check the hallway before I step out to make sure no one is about?" she asked with a hint of shyness. "If I'm seen leaving your room at this hour, it won't much matter even if you do keep this quiet."

Davos sat up, moved closer to her and kissed her lips. "It's nothing. I understand."

As he stood and swept his breeches off the floor, Juliana added, "I'm not at all worried about my husband so much as the other guests." Davos's eyes went wide and his back stiffened. He looked to her with an expression of awkward shock. The older woman simply shrugged. "He and I have an understanding, but it works best if no one else has cause to talk. If that happens, he has to put on airs of indignation for the sake of appearances."

The cool confidence that had possessed Davos from the moment Juliana walked in now faltered. "I... your hus... I'm sorry, you have an understanding?"

"It isn't as if he never claimed an indulgence or two," she said with a tilt of her head. "He knew I was coming up here last night. He doubtlessly knows why I was not in bed when he turned in. It will be fine." She paused. "Are you troubled?"

"I'm... I'm sorry, I'm just not used to such things."

Juliana stood and stroked his cheek. "It isn't common in this realm, but it's not unheard of, either. I hope I didn't mislead you into thinking I was out for more than a night's pleasure," she said gently. "I love my husband. I'm a very lucky woman. He is as good a husband to me as he is a manager of my inn."

"Uh-huh," Davos said. Then he blinked. "No, no, I didn't... I didn't read more into last night than you wanted, no. I'm grateful."

She smiled. "As I said, I can't be here again tonight... but I would dearly love to share a bed with you when the opportunity arises again." She kissed him lightly on the lips and then nodded toward the door.

Davos wrenched his thoughts back to the present and followed her gaze. Though the revelation still had his mind spinning, he didn't feel like the memory of the night had been spoiled. He felt great.

With the drawstrings of his breeches tied, Davos moved to the door, made sure that Juliana was just out of sight, and opened it up to the hallway to look outside.

Standing right in front of his door was a young woman in white robes, with the hood drawn low enough that all he saw was her smooth chin and blonde locks of her hair. "Good morrow, Davos of Murried," she said in that strangely emotionless, monotone voice of hers.

He didn't quite jump back, but the moment gave him a start. "Um. Hello?" he replied awkwardly. Her name jumped into his head. "Cinna?"

He thought he saw a smile, but she bowed before he could be sure. "Yes," she answered. "I am glad to be remembered." Her tone didn't exactly convey cheer, but it didn't sound sarcastic, either. She was incredibly hard to read.

"You wouldn't be easy to forget."

"Am I disturbing you?" she asked.

"No, but I--how long have you been here?"

"Not long at all," she said. "I received portents telling me when to arrive, and why. Is your companion still present?" she asked as if already knowing the answer.

"My... I'm sorry?" Davos blinked, his mind reaching for a dodge. He pointedly did not glance behind the door to Juliana.

"You were not alone last night," Cinna explained. "I could provide some cover for her departure. You have my word as an acolyte of Aphrodite that I will not speak of it. The goddess has entrusted me with this."

Only then did Davos glance to Juliana. The older woman pursed her lips in resignation but then stepped out of hiding with grace and dignity. Cinna looked to her and said, "Good lady, I appear to be a bit disoriented. Your inn is larger than any I have been at before. Would you show me to the stairs?"

"Of course," Juliana nodded. She spared Davos one last flirtatious glance before she walked out with Cinna. Davos leaned out of the doorway and saw the two chatting together quietly as they headed down the hallway, then around the corner to the stairs. Cinna offered her thanks one last time to Juliana before the older woman stepped out of sight. As they parted, another door opened near the stairs and a man stepped out. He clearly saw their passing and heard them speak, but took no special note of it.

Cinna then returned to Davos's door. "Davos of Murried," she began evenly, "I am to invite you to the Temple of Aphrodite. The high priestess wishes to speak with you. She wishes to convey her thanks personally for all that you have done, and also to speak with you about your future. I believe you will find the meeting greatly rewarding."

"That's... very kind of her," he said, "and you. I'm sorry I am not properly dressed to receive you."

Cinna offered a brief smile. "I am not."

Her reply brought Davos's thoughts to a halt. The smile vanished before he could be certain he'd seen it. "She wants to see me now?"

"Soon, but it need not be immediate. If you have prior plans for the day, the sun will rise again tomorrow. However, I believe that sooner is better, both for her and for you."

"No, today is fine. I should probably clean myself up before going to your temple," he said. "Have you eaten? I've only just woken up, myself."

"You will have to bathe at the temple before you see the high priestess, regardless," explained Cinna. "We would be happy to provide a meal. I do not say this to rush you out," she added, her tones still even and almost emotionless, "but rather to ease your concerns."

"That's... kind of you," he nodded. Davos glanced over to his shirt and boots by the foot of the bed. "I suppose I'll be forgiven if I'm not quite dressed for a formal occasion?"

Again, Cinna almost smiled. "I don't believe you need concern yourself with clothing for long, no."

* * *

Breakfast was a simple matter: breads, fruits and a couple of cheeses on a tray. The matter of bathing and grooming would have been simple enough, too... but for the obvious importance placed upon it by the temple's builders and its inhabitants. Davos found himself in a room built around a bath that sank right into the floor of marble tiles. Heated stones in baskets at the corners of the tub kept the water warm. Davos wondered if the tub was filled through pipes or magic. Both options seemed equally extravagant and equally plausible.

Curtains offered some degree of privacy, while rows of candles provided plenty of light. Davos scrubbed himself with washcloths and even managed to get a comb through his scraggly hair once it was washed. Given the oils and other implements, he suspected that bathing was something the acolytes did to relax. Knowing that he would speak with the high priestess herself made that a little unlikely. For all the words and gestures from Cinna and the other robed, hooded acolytes that spoke of hospitality, Davos felt like an intruder.

"Davos," came Cinna's voice from behind the curtains, "I have some clothing that I believe will fit you. May I enter?"

The request gave him pause. Davos immediately wondered why she didn't just tell him the clothes would be on the other side of the curtains. It wasn't as if the floor was dirty. The whole temple seemed immaculate. He suspected the dirtiest things in the building were the clothes he wore when he walked in.

Men and women in Davos's hometown observed a fair degree of modesty. The incidental sight of a naked person scandalized no one, but such indecencies were at least avoided in good faith. Yet Davos remembered Cinna's hints of mirth and the fleeting smiles he caught at the inn. Perhaps he felt secure or even a little brave after his night with Juliana, but he felt a little bit bolder than usual.

"Yes," said Davos. He sat upright in the sunken bath. With its clear water and the light of so many candles, only so much of him would be obscured.

Cinna pushed up one side of the curtain to enter. Her hood remained low. Davos strongly suspected that she had a pretty face under there, but he couldn't see more than her chin and her mouth. The acolyte came in with folded fabric and a coiled leather belt, which she put on a table beside the towels. "I believe these will fit well enough," she said. "If nothing else, they will likely be comfortable. They are yours to keep if you like them."

"Thank you," he replied.

Cinna merely bowed her head a bit, and lingered there for a moment before she turned to leave.

"Cinna?"

"Yes?" she asked, turning again.

"Are we alone?"

"The other acolytes tend to other duties for the moment, yes."

"Have you been watching me bathe?"

She paused. "Pleasantly, Davos," answered Cinna, her tones still measured and even as always.

Davos felt brave again--and playful. He took a risk, hoping he had read the mysterious woman's interest correctly. "I'm about finished," he said. "You don't have to leave if you don't want to. I won't tell anyone," he added with a grin.

Cinna remained where she stood. "The goddess values discretion."

He wondered if that was an exit line, but she stayed in the room, facing him. Clearly she could see perfectly well through that hood. Davos smiled a little, gave himself one last rinse and then stood from the bath and walked up the steps toward the towel. He felt Cinna's eyes on him the entire time. Something about having a woman watch him like this while naked--and openly admit to wanting to do so, whether by word or deed--gave him a little thrill. Davos dried off and then put on the loose pants and shirt, both of them not too far off from his usual preferred cut of clothing but newer and nicer.

"There are lands where pants are considered barbaric," he said as he dressed. "Men wear togas or long tunics or even kilts, but never pants."

"I think I prefer barbarism," Cinna deadpanned.

"Thank you for the clothes."

"Thank you for the indulgence. And the discretion."

Davos couldn't help but smile. "I take it you haven't seen many men?"

"I have seen men naked. Even attractive ones," said Cinna, "but that does not mean I do not enjoy seeing more. You are pleasing to the eyes. Aphrodite is a goddess of beauty, particularly that of women... and men. To appreciate beauty is to appreciate her grace."

"Ah. So it's a matter of philosophy?" he grinned.

"I am an acolyte by choice, not by birth or obligation. I would not be here if I did not find all of the goddess's teachings in line with my own thoughts."

"I would love to hear more about it, and about you. Will I have a chance to get to know you better?" he asked.

"I have duties and responsibilities," said Cinna, "but they do not bind me to the temple at all times. Should you wish to meet with me later, I will make the time. But for now, the high priestess awaits. Please follow me."

Cinna led him from the bath and through the halls of the temple. Again, he was taken by the building's simple, elegant beauty. Its marble walls and high ceilings were lit by simple but elegant candles and lanterns, and while he found paintings, statues and other forms of art, with a range of subjects from lovers to nature, the collection fell far short of being gaudy.

The pair encountered no one as they walked. Cinna had spoken of other acolytes, but so far Davos had yet to meet any.

She brought him to the tall double doors near the main entrance, where he knew the acolytes conducted holy day worship and formal ceremonies. Temples to Aphrodite rarely took in crowds. Individual laypersons might come and go as their needs and their faith dictated—as one of the faithful, Davos had been inside a couple of other temples—but generally that was restricted to the main chamber. Davos knew that few people saw as much of a temple as he saw now.

Cinna led him through the main chamber, up toward the altar and past the statue of Aphrodite that rose above it. She walked to thick silk drapes hanging behind the statue, pulled them aside and knocked on the door beyond it. Davos wondered how many other than the acolytes ever walked where he stood now.

He heard a voice say, "Enter," from behind the door. Cinna pushed the door open and stepped back out of his way. Davos's breath caught. He was quite certain that very few people indeed went where he'd just been invited. A chamber behind the altar and the statue of the goddess had to be a sacred place where only the true servants of the goddess were allowed. Only acolytes and priestesses... and now, apparently, Davos.

"Your reverence is appropriate," said Cinna in a hushed tone, "but you are welcome. Leave your worries behind. The high priestess knows what she does."

With that, she fell silent. Davos swallowed hard and walked inside. Cinna shut the door behind him.

The surroundings were simple enough: more marble walls, more candles in sconces, but the ceiling was a bit lower. The air felt fresh in here despite the absence of any visible window. He found a smaller altar, a wide and shallow golden bowl filled with water upon it and a shelf filled with various bottles, scrolls and jewels. A man could live like a king on the treasures in this room.

He saw the statue of Aphrodite against one wall, even more elegant and beautiful than the one in the main chamber... and the plush bed that lay underneath the marble goddess.

He also saw the high priestess, clad in a thin, sleeveless dress of white silk that clung to her wonderful figure. The center of it plunged down low to reveal more alluring cleavage than any woman would dare show in most of the ports he'd visited. The simple silk cord around her waist ensured that an observer would see the shape of her hips. Slits up the sides revealed the priestess's long, smooth legs. Her golden necklace, earrings and bracelets were small, simple and entirely perfect.

The woman's beauty took his breath away. He could stare at that face and that long, flowing red hair all day long. "Welcome, Davos of Murried," she said. "I am Ariella, high priestess to Aphrodite in Loewen."

Davos nodded, and then paused. "Forgive me," he said, "I don't... I don't know the etiquette for such a sacred place, or this..." He held out his hands in apology. "I don't know whether to bow or kneel or what to call you. I mean no disrespect. The acolyte who accepted my dedications to the goddess in Murried was not one for giving such lessons."

The beauty before him just smiled. "There is nothing to forgive. As Cinna said, your respect and humility is clear in your heart. I believe you can imagine how rare it is for an outsider to be allowed into this space."

From her posture and poise, Davos knew that this woman could treat with the kings and queens of humanity and the elves as an equal. She was perfectly used to her position of authority and leadership. Yet he heard friendly notes in her voice as she spoke to him. She wanted to put him at ease and address him as an equal. Her next words made that plain: "The proper form would be to take to your knees, bow your head on the floor and stretch out your hands. You would address me as Revered One. But you, Davos, must call me Ariella, and you must not kneel or bow. The goddess bids you be at ease. You are as welcome here as a lover."

He blinked. If anything, her words filled him with more awe than he would have felt had he bowed and scraped from the beginning. "Surely I am not that worthy."

Ariella's smile twisted a bit, and she tilted her head in concession of his point. "Well, again, this is the inner sanctuary of a goddess," she said, "and you are but mortal. Yet the goddess knows your heart. You would not be given such a welcome were your reverence or humility in doubt." A glimmer of humor shone in her eye. "I see that you are properly overwhelmed, as it should be. My words are deliberately chosen. We have matters to discuss, and I believe when we are finished, you will have a proper perspective. You are as welcome as a lover, Davos, here in this sacred space and in this temple, now and in the future."

"I am indeed overwhelmed," he said.

"Would you believe me if I told you that I feel somewhat the same?"

He bit back his first incredulous response. Davos's awe remained, but he quickly got control of it. "I would say no, but I wouldn't call the high priestess a liar."

Ariella laughed. "By now you've been told over and over again of how great a deed you accomplished in the battle," she said. "I don't need repeat it. But on a personal level, you saved me from both death and humiliation. You saved my temple and my acolytes, which comprise all of my worldly loves. And you did so through a deliberate choice to put this temple and my goddess before all other concerns. You expected to die that night, and you chose to die for her.

"The goddess watched you, Davos. She knew your heart when you joined the battle, and she knew what you would sacrifice. You became special to her. That is why we must speak. I would have you know the blessings that Aphrodite has bestowed upon you... and, for myself, I would have you know my gratitude."

He blushed and bowed his head, unsure of what to say. When his eyes rose to hers, he said, "You saved my life that night, too."

"Another man might overlook that," she replied. "That you acknowledge my actions speaks well of you. But I think we can agree where the greater weight of debt lies between us, even if only in principle." Ariella gestured to the bed. "Tradition and the will of the goddess dictates what is kept in her sanctuary. Chairs are not on that list, but as we are both fully welcome here we may make ourselves comfortable. Will you sit with me?"