All Comments on 'Apocalypse Slaves Pt. 09'

by AlexClayton

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
shyintxshyintxover 5 years ago

Really wish you would finish into the vampires harem

Medic975Medic975over 5 years ago
Love it

I'm always excited for a new chapter. Not much post apocalyptic material out there that's so good.

nthusiasticnthusiasticover 5 years ago
Grateful for Ch 9

I liked Christina quite a bit, with her upbeat, never give up attitude. I'm tired of whiners, both here on this site and in RL. The ones in the comments are the worst; write faster, make her blonde, make him taller, didn't like the ending, when are you going to finish the story, etc., etc., etc. They need to get an attitude of gratitude, since we're lucky to have Lit with its remarkable authors

Thank you, Alex!

AlexClaytonAlexClaytonover 5 years agoAuthor
-sigh-

To quote the great Robert De Niro at the Academy Awards:

“The mind of a writer can be a truly terrifying thing. Isolated, neurotic, caffeine-addled, crippled by procrastination, consumed by feelings of panic, self-loathing, and soul-crushing inadequacy... And that’s on a good day.”

Being a writer, I can confirm that this is true. That said; I write as the stories talk to me and lately my mind is not clicking with “Vampire’s Harem” or “Sexual Gladiators” or any of the 40 some odd stories that I have in the works right now. When I finally complete a story, in full format for my readers now instead of piecemealing them together like I used to and how a lot of authors here do, it’s a huge sigh of relief to me that I can bring something to you, my readers and fans. I get panic attacks when I have long stretches without posting anything, and so the pressure to write mounts. When I receive decent to good praise and feedback, it fuels my creativity. When all I hear is “meh, I want X story right now”, it drives me away from that story and tempts me to delete it altogether.

So to those who have been supportive both here and via email; I thank you. To those who want one of my other stories out, I beg for a bit of leeway here as I try to bring you somewhat quality work.

Thank you.

LupusDeiLupusDeiover 5 years ago
Just a funny thought

At the end you hit a theme I had been thinking a lot about lately. Why would that kind of tech be hid out in fallout bunkers and not used before the event? I believe your slavery ridden wasteland is probably much better equipped to accept advent of limited immortality than our current world where that might easily turn into a slow burn apocalypse event on its own right as it naturally begs for sharply stratified class society up to open slavery unless is universally available, - but that won't gona happen, not at first, not for a good time, and even in the off chance that's what meant to happen eventually, it's the transition that holds full colapse as an likely option as the last generation destined to die from old age won't go out all peacefully. And then, it naturally leads to stagnation as progress is much often made not by winning over minds but just waiting for old farts to die out. So yeah, it probably takes a resident apocalypse one way or another for human immortality to become socially acceptable despite many would try to claim otherwise.

AlexClaytonAlexClaytonover 5 years agoAuthor
Apocalypse Morality

@LupusDei: I’m a big fan of the theory of “look to our past if you want to see the future.” The most recent countries in modern history to officially have slavery was Saudi Arabia, The Ottoman Empire, China, Mauritania, and Nazi Germany... and that’s just the mid to late 1900s with Mauritania being the last country to officially abolish it on the books as recent as 1981 and being made a criminal offense in 2007. So, as much as we’d like to believe that morality will be alright in a total societal collapse, the truth of the matter is that we are humans and we will revert back to a more primitive “might makes right” scenario should the apocalypse come. We, as a species, will do anything and everything we can to propagate so we don’t go extinct. Lines will get blurred before being eventually erased until our survival is ensured.

So thank you for catching on to that little bit. I’m glad that you got it. :)

As always; thanks for reading!

SandtalkerSandtalkerover 5 years ago
Good

I’m enjoying this series. It’s a good P-A, and stands on its own. The sex is just lagniappe. Thank you.

sgtbryan86sgtbryan86almost 5 years ago
Amazing so far

Just finished up Chapter 9. I initially had some reservations reading the tag warning at the beginning of Chapter 1, but told myself to give it a shot. I am not disappointed at all. Especially since I thought the return of Cain was going to be some 60 something, unassuming geezer riding and old Indian, then dispensing hate and discontent.

I truly appreciate the seriousness in which the characters of post Flare America hold our Lord and Savior Chuck Norris.

RavenBlake96RavenBlake96over 4 years ago
Our Lord and savior Caine!

This world has grown so much and just gotten more enjoyable.

The jokes and whatnot are amazing as ever and I really did like Christina

To pull a sentence from another reviewer: I truly appreciate the seriousness in which the characters of post Flare America hold our Lord and Savior Chuck Norris.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

"When the Lord Chuck Norris does a pushup, He doesn't go up; He pushes the world down."

202GE202GE7 months ago

I think this was hailed as a bad @$$ woman chapter but it was really a chapter about a skanky woman with sub-par judgement who lucked out by running into Caine. Also, the rejuvenation chamber is more fantastical than fiction.

4 Stars

The good part is that this continues the story line.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAlexClayton@AlexClayton
2120 Followers
This is the secondary account of Steampunk Author, Diesel Jester. Do you want updates before I post here or would you like to get my stories a week before they are published here? Then please consider following me on Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, and supporting me on Patreon. ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES