Apprehended Ch. 08

Story Info
Dina forces Annie out. Tony finds her.
4.2k words
4.73
7.6k
13

Part 8 of the 31 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/31/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I awoke in the middle of the night to someone yanking the blankets off my body harshly. "Hey!" I said, sitting up and blinking into the darkness. I turned to see if Ethan was the cause, but he was gone.

"Get up and get dressed. Ethan needs you," said Dina.

I rubbed my eyes and tossed her a scowl. "Why didn't he come get me himself?"

She moved to Ethan's dresser and grabbed some clothes to toss at me. "He's taking care of some business up north. Last minute problem. But he's going to be there for a while. He sent me to get you."

I cocked a brow. "Did he really?"

She rolled her glowing eyes and snapped, "Yes. Now shut the fuck up and get dressed. We don't have all night." With that said, she stormed out of the room and left me alone.

I muttered under my breath and got dressed as quickly as I could considering my injury. When I was done, I called out for her and she barged into the room at a near dead run.

"Stop making noise!" she growled.

I gave her another look. "Why? Ethan isn't here anyway. And what does he want me for?"

"He didn't say." She had grabbed one of Ethan's coats from downstairs and threw it at my face harshly. "Put this on. It's cold out."

I put the coat on and breathed in his scent. I glanced out the window briefly before settling my eyes on her. She looked...off. Like she was impatient.

"You done?" she asked.

"Yeah. But how will I travel? And how far is Ethan?"

She waved me off. "Just be quiet and let's go. He's waiting for you." She approached fast. I didn't have enough time to protest against her carrying me before she tossed me over her shoulder like a bag of potatoes.

"Hey!" I said, feeling queasy as the world flipped upside down.

"I said shut up!" she barked. She began to leave, being brutal as she walked down the stairs. "It's late. We don't want to attract anything outside with your big mouth. It's bad enough that your stench could attract a weasel. We can't have your yap attracting anything else."

I glared at her back as I bobbed along. By the time we made it outside and into a thicket of trees, I was on the verge of nearly vomiting my last meal. "How far is he?"

She didn't reply. Instead, she continued to walk barefoot through the snow-covered ground wearing a mere tank and joggers. I'm not sure how long we traveled in silence, but eventually, we came upon a clearing. It was difficult for me to make out our surroundings in the darkness. However, things became clearer when the world went right-side up again and I was weaving on my feet.

I blinked a few times in confusion as I looked around. "Wait. Where's Ethan?"

She crossed her arms over her chest. "He's not here."

I gathered that. "Where is he?"

"It doesn't concern you, bitch. Not anymore." She took a single step towards me and I felt the hairs on my nape stand on end.

She wouldn't...would she? What game was she playing?

"This road leads back to town. Follow the path and leave. I'll lead Ethan away from your trail without fault."

I blanched and hobbled back, Ethan's clunky boots making me nearly stumble. "W-what?"

"I'm not repeating it. Unless you're that stupid?"

I didn't know what she was getting at. "You want me to leave?"

She rolled her eyes in obvious irritation. "Look, dumbass. I'm giving you an option. You either follow the road and don't come back, or try to come back through the forest to Ethan's cabin on your own..."

I gulped loudly, feeling sicker than earlier. "Try?"

She gave me a tight nod, her sparkling eyes never leaving mine. "You heard me. If you choose to go back, it'll be with me hunting you. With that leg, you'd never outrun me. But if you manage to outwit me, your prize would be Ethan. If not, then you'd finally get that freedom you've been wanting. Your choice. Now Pick. I haven't got all night."

I hobbled back some more and winced. With the pain I had, there was no way I'd make it back to the cabin with her hunting me. Not only was she was stronger and faster, but if this entire wolf thing was true, she'd kill me the minute I stepped back into that forest.

"Ethan won't like this," I said, my voice trembling.

"This is not about him. This is about you. Your life. Now fucking choose."

I didn't need to think about it. There was no way I would live to challenge her. She tricked me and lured me out here when Ethan was away. By the time he'd find me, I'd be dead. But I did have a better chance following the road into town.

That is, if she kept her word.

I cleared my throat. It was so frigid; puffs of white smoke were rising into the night air from my mouth. "How far is the town from here?" I asked, huddling deeper into Ethan's large coat.

She clucked her tongue. "It's a shame you chose that one. I would've ended you rather quickly. Of course, I would've played with you first. Giving you the pain you have inflicted upon me since your arrival." She smiled and revealed her sharp fangs to me. A low growl emanated from her throat and I took another step back.

"Just tell me which way to go and you can have him," I blurted.

She cocked her head to the side. "You'd give him up that easily?"

"I have no choice," I said lowly. "I either give in to you or die."

She barked out a laugh even though there was nothing funny about her threatening me. When she collected herself, she took another step towards me. "I could always change my mind and kill you no matter what path you choose."

I must have made a sound, because she laughed again before pointing to the right, where the road descended. "Relax, weakling. I'd only do that if you choose to go back to him. But since you dropped him so easily, it's easy to surmise that you never wanted him to begin with. I'll take what I can get, just as long as you're gone. Now go down the road. If you don't stray, you'd make it to the town in two hours."

I was about to exclaim that I wouldn't be able to make the trip with my injury, but that would be the least of my problems. I'd rather hobble along in the frigid darkness alone until I reached town, than die on my way to the cabin; no matter how much I thought that leaving Ethan was a bad idea.

Without another word, I turned and made my way slowly down the road. I heard Dina snickering as I walked. I didn't turn to look at her. For fear that she really would change her mind and kill me right there on the road.

I also didn't turn around when I heard her say, "Don't come back, bitch. I won't give you another choice next time. He's mine."

***

I'm not sure how long I was hobbling down the road. But it was enough time to reflect on my current situation. A situation forced upon me by Ethan. Had he not taken me, that good-for-nothing bitch wouldn't have left me stranded. I was beyond angry. I was infuriated. Only...it was too cold to enforce my current emotional state. It was also dark and eerily quiet.

I stopped on the asphalt and nearly slipped on a patch of black ice as the sound of a wolf howling in the distance made me pause. I looked around nervously and blinked rapidly to gain a sense of my surroundings. Which was pointless because there were no lights to guide my way or ignite the darkness around me.

"Relax," I whispered to myself. "It's nothing."

Instinctively, I moved towards the middle of the road; away from the animalistic noises that permeated the thicket of trees on both sides. I looked back and forth like a mad woman, constantly checking for the things that go bump in the night.

A branch snapped.

An owl hooted.

I quickened my pace as the sound of branches being torn and shredded increased and overrode the natural sounds of the night. I was in pain but determined to make it to town. At this point, I didn't care where I'd stay; just as long as I was alive to see morning.

I jerked and yelped when something to my right quickly ran by the thicket of trees. It was dark enough that I couldn't discern features. But big enough that I could discern shape and size.

"Shit," I whispered. This time, my breath was coming in harsh, causing puffs of smoke to cloud around me.

I continued to move and ignore the creepy sounds. More black ice covered the asphalt. Despite being aware of it, I was too desperate to leave the unnerving road and surrounding forest. I slipped on it and gasped, feeling my body momentarily fly into the air. At that moment, my life flashed before my eyes and I expected to see Jerry. To have flashbacks of brutal beatings and rape.

Only, I didn't see Jerry. No.

I saw the golden gaze of my capturer, staring back at me with an intensity that seemed to sear into my soul. I saw Ethan.

A scream echoed into the night and I realized that it had emanated from my mouth. And that I was currently on the icy road with my back against the frigidness. I moaned and rolled over, feeling my lungs ache in pain from the fall. I wasn't sure if one of my lungs collapsed, but breathing was now difficult.

I sat up slowly and-despite my pain- looked around to ensure that I was still alone. A small batch of thistle-branches separated the minute my eyes fell upon the brush. Instinctively, I slid back across the ice, trying to move away from whatever was causing the movement. But before I could get far or discern what was most likely stalking me, a bright pair of lights penetrated the night and I jerked to my left to see headlights.

I tried to move away, thinking I was going to get hit by a car, but it slowed to a crawl and eventually stopped a few feet away to the side of the road. The door opened and closed. Someone came out and approached.

"Hey there, cupcake. We've been looking for you. What are you doin' out here?"

I wanted to die. It was none other than Tony, the town Sheriff. Of all the people to travel this road at this hour, I did not expect it to be him.

I slid back some more and looked up at him from the ground. He was wearing long-clad jeans, heavy boots, a Sherpa coat, backwards cap and a fleece.

"I fell," I muttered.

He looked me over before kneeling beside me. I tried to move away but it was pointless. "You've been missing. Roy called it in. He was worried when you didn't show for work. Where were you, Annie?"

I swallowed hard. There was no way in hell I was going to tell him about Ethan. Even though it was the right thing to do-considering that he abducted me-I also knew that he wouldn't believe a word of it. Of some random person with no connection to me taking me against my will. Especially when he gave his reasonings as to why. I'd end up in a nuthouse, no doubt.

"I...uh...got...umm...lost?" My answer held no conviction whatsoever. Shit. So much for lying.

"I would interrogate you considering how suspicious that sounded, but right now you need some medical attention. Where does it hurt?"

I didn't want to tell him. I didn't want his help. Something about him seemed...I don't know...feral? Wrong? Off-putting?

He cleared his throat loudly. "Annie."

I pointed to my back. "I'm having a hard time breathing," I admitted lowly.

He looked me over once more. I assumed he was checking for further injuries or signs that someone had been inflicting pain upon me, before abruptly gathering me in his arms and lifted me from the asphalt.

I gasped. "What're you doing? Put me down!"

"No," he said, pointedly. "You're hurt. I'm not okay with that. I'm taking you the clinic. Doc isn't working late, but I'm sure she'll come in if I drop in a call to her residence."

I scoffed. "No! I'm fine!"

He opened the passenger side door of his giant pick-up and gently placed me inside. It was warm and smelled of leather mixed with the air from the heater...and him. He began buckling me up. "You're wheezing. I can hear it. This is not up for debate." After I as settled, he grabbed a thick, wool blanket from the backseat and draped it over my shivering form. "Better?"

I nodded, my teeth chattering. His eyes stayed on me as he closed the door and made his way to the driver's side, where he got in and buckled up. He put the car in gear and slowly began driving in silence. The air from the heater felt good and the smell on the blanket was comforting somehow. I rested my head against the head seat and looked at him as he drove. One hand was on the wheel. The other was resting comfortably on his thick, long thigh.

His eyes were shifting from the road to me. "You alright there, darlin'?"

"Yeah," I said, stifling a yawn.

"You sure?"

"Mmhmm."

Silence followed. Then, "So uh. You mind tellin' me where you were? Honestly."

I wasn't going to answer so I kept my mouth shut.

"Give me something here, Annie. At least for my report. How am I supposed to explain that you appeared out of thin air? No backstory. Nothing to help fill in the gaps. And those are pretty big gaps."

I took a deep inhale and felt my lungs burn. "I was lost." That was all he was going to get.

He gave me a look. "You expect me to believe that?"

"I don't expect anything, Tony."

He smiled, revealing gleaming, straight white teeth. "You said my name."

I wanted to snort but thought better of it. Was he serious? It was like Ethan all over again. Except Tony rubbed me wrong. "Just take me to my hotel," I snapped, changing the subject.

"I don't think so, cupcake. You see, I'm the Sherriff. My word, my law. I need to make sure you're not being coerced into covering something up. I also need to make sure you're safe and healthy."

"Coercion? What is this, a movie?" I muttered, dryly.

He barked out a laugh. We stood in relative silence for a while before he finally pulled into a dark parking lot. An unlit, low-lying building came into view; the words CLINIC & MEDICAL SERVICES above two glass doors.

"There's no one here," I said. "Can't we leave? Look at the time."

He parked the truck and put it in park before exiting to retrieve me. With each minute, I grew nervous. I hadn't been to a clinic in a while. Strictly because of the scars Jerry had so ungraciously left on my person. I knew I'd be questioned, and I didn't wish to answer; to explicate my past and the abuse it consisted of.

Damn Dina!

For putting me in this position. For abandoning me when I couldn't travel. For most likely making Ethan believe that I left even though I had given him my fucking word.

Damn her to hell!

"Ain't got all night, darlin'. Let's go." Tony had unbuckled my seatbelt and was currently waiting for me with his arms open.

I impulsively moved away-well, as far as I could go considering that I was in a vehicle-and waved him away. "I got this."

Without warning, he -once again- scooped me into his arms and began carrying me to the clinic.

"I can walk! Please stop!"

He ignored me. I continued.

"There's no one even in there! Take me back to my hotel! Take me to Roy! Anything bu-"

"Is this the patient?"

I immediately STFU.

Someone was waiting by the glass doors, holding them open as Tony carried me in.

"Yeah," replied Tony.

As we neared, I realized that it was no female doctor as previously mentioned. But a male one. All-consuming fear sliced through my fragile shell of protection and I began to panic. With pleading eyes and seemingly out of viable options, I looked at Tony beseechingly. "I don't want to go. Please. I'm fine. I can't be here."

He gave me a smile. "Everything is going to be fine. Doc Martin will take care of you."

"What about the woman you spoke of?" I inquired; my voice quaking. "What about her?"

Doc Martin answered. "Vacation. I'm on call. But don't worry. I'm just as capable."

I opened my mouth to protest against it, but Tony didn't allow that.

"Found her injured on the road. She won't tell me where she's been or who hurt her. But I can make a guess." They shared a look. One that confused the fuck out of me. "I asked, she refused to give a plausible answer. She also slipped on some black ice and her breathing sounds off."

We continued to walk, entering the dark clinic followed by the Doc flicking on lights as we moved further in. He seemed harmless. So unlike Tony. Where Tony was large and burly, Doc Martin was smaller. He was also not as intimidating or all-consuming. He offered me a warm smile, pushing glasses further up the bridge of his rather large nose. "What is your name, my dear?"

I opened my mouth to reply, but once again, Tony cut me off.

"This here is Annie."

I scowled.

"Hello there, Ms. Annie." Doc Martin offered me his hand. I shook it briefly. "My name is Dr. Martin. Please, have a seat here."

Tony was already on it, settling me on a bed with white sheets, a white pillow and a white blanket. I shivered from the effects of being outside in the cold for too long.

"Let's have a look shall we?" said the Doc.

My eyes widened in horror. That was the last thing I wanted him to do: have a quick look. "No," I said, shakily. My eyes darted from the Dr. to Tony in fear.

Martin noticed. He smiled and looked at Tony. "Sherriff. Will you please excuse us? I believe Ms. Annie needs her privacy."

I was grateful for that small slice of victory. Though for me, it wasn't nearly enough. I didn't want the Doc there either.

Tony stared me down, his eyes never leaving mine. "I'll be right outside that door," he said, pointing. "If you need anything, darlin'-and I mean anything-you holler. I'll be here in an instant. Understood?"

Who did he think he was? Ethan? I didn't answer.

"Annie," he added, his tone stern.

I licked my cold, cracked lips. "Yeah."

"Good," he said. He directed his machismo to the Doc. "Take care of her Hubert. I fucking mean it." With that said, he looked at me once more, winked and was gone.

There was an awkward silence that followed; finally broken when Martin said, "This is a small town, Ms. Annie. Everyone knows everyone. Tony and I were in the same graduating class in High School. Of course, he went to school for law. I went for medicine. I know him well enough to know that he protects this town fiercely. His father did it. Now it's his turn. I also know how he is with most townsfolk. And I have to say, he treats you different. I'm not sure if that is because you're new here, or if there is something more, but I wouldn't take it as a threat. The last thing the town Sheriff wishes to do is harm you."

I wasn't sure what he meant about there being something more, but it made me feel a bit unsettled. I looked away and tried to control my raging emotions. Of fear. Confusion. Betrayal, and a fuck ton of others that were currently exhausting me. I visibly jumped when the Dr. clapped his hands and said, "Let's get started. Can you put on this gown, please?"

He offered it to me. I took it with trembling fingers.

"I'll give you some privacy. When you're done, let me know. I'll be with Tony."

He left silently, leaving me to my thoughts as I begrudgingly changed. Ethan's clunky boots fell heavily to the floor, along with a pile of his clothes, coat and Tony's blanket that I put on a nearby chair. I put on the gown and winced at the pain and the cold. Quickly, I covered up my scarred body and tightened the strings at my waist to prevent any flesh exposure. However, just as I was about to call Dr. Martin back in, I heard a commotion outside the room, and I felt my heart race as loud, male voices boomed on the other side of the door.

"Where is she?"

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I had come to know that voice well. I also knew what it sounded like when he was beyond angry. When he was infuriated.

"Calm down. Who the fuck do you think you are coming in here at this hour unannounced and claiming to see her?" was Tony's reply.

"You know who I am. I don't need to explain that to you, do I?"

No answer.

He added, "you also know why I'm here. What she means to me. So back the fuck off, Tony. I'm going in there with or without your permission."

12