Apprehended Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I shifted uncomfortably on the bed and was about to grab my clothes and get dressed again to leave when the door burst open.

Angry, gleaming, golden eyes found mine as Ethan stormed into the room hell-bent on protecting whoever looked at me wrong. He was on fire. His hair was wrapped up in a messy bun. His white tee was rumpled and dirty. His jeans were low on his hips, and his feet were completely bare. Later, I would reflect on the fact that the Doc and Tony were unperturbed by his appearance.

His scent enveloped me as he approached, and his tone went from brash and incensed to soft and calm in zero to five. "Hey," he said, his voice above a whisper. "You okay?"

I nodded and swallowed the lump that formed in my throat. Dina wasn't going to like this. Her entire plan was stymied. And I was going to be the main culprit of its demise.

"Annie," said Ethan, his warm breath tickling the skin of my cheek. He reached out to lightly brush his fingers against my face. "Are you hurt?"

I cleared my throat to find my voice. "No."

"Bullshit," said Tony, storming into the room. "I found her in the middle of road. Exposed and injured. No thanks to you."

Ethan whirled around, his temper flaring again. "Watch your tone, Michaels. You know I'd never allow that. She left."

I opened my mouth to correct him and state that Dina set me up but closed it when I realized that now wasn't the right time. I was also still debating if telling him was wise.

I blinked in confusion.

"Wait," I interrupted, a thought occurring to me. "You two know each other?"

Their heated eyes never faltered from one another.

"Unfortunately," snapped Tony. "A little too well."

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Ethan gritted out. "That I would purposefully hurt my fucking mate?"

My eyes widened again. Why would Ethan use that word with Tony? Unless-

"She's not an object to be claimed," retorted Tony. "Not in my town."

"You don't own the woods, Tony. That's my domain. All acres."

"Still my town. And I can't have helpless females showing up in the middle of the goddamn road just because you want ownership."

The growl that reverberated in the small space made me wince. It was unhindered and inhuman. It came from Ethan.

"Don't talk about her like that, Michaels. You know better. Especially around me." Tony was about to reply but Ethan didn't allow it, "Hubert, look her over. I want to know that she's healthy and safe. Now."

Martin was on it, emerging from the doorway looking like a sheep amongst wolves. Pun intended.

"Of course," said Hubert. "Of course." He hurried forward and began his assessment.

"You," snapped Ethan, pointing to Tony. "Leave."

Tony puffed up his chest and was about to argue, but Ethan shoved him out with a powerful push to the chest. He followed it by slamming the door in Tony's face. He sighed and turned to face me. He offered a tight smile and looked at Hubert.

"Good. The trash it out. Now check her before I take her back where she belongs. With me."

12