Apprehended Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"So you're saying that she'll do anything to...procreate?"

"More or less. She also needs a strong male for her clan to keep them in line. As a female, she can only do so much."

"That's sexist," I muttered dryly.

"It is the way of the wolf," Ethan replied.

We drove on in relative silence the remainder of the long ride. I had more questions. I had more doubts. But I couldn't possibly find the right words to express them. This was bigger than me. This was a feud already in the works. This was something I could never truly fathom; as I was not a wolf.

Yet...one specific question nagged at me. I didn't ask Ethan because I was afraid of the answer: who was the true intended target for the attack? Ethan...or me?

"So how about that kiss?" Ethan asked, interrupting my thoughts.

***

"We're here."

I took a peek out of the window. Snow covered a deep, wide, circular inlet within the top of the mountain. Cabins were spaced throughout the large expanse, with a path already forged between living quarters. Other trucks were arriving, driving by and finding what I assumed was their respectful abode. Ethan had parked beside the last cabin near the far edge of the inlet, where a frozen lake sat. There were bare trees in between in each cabin, but it was nowhere near as dense as the forest below. Here, the sky was open and bare, the sun a welcomed heat source in what appeared to be a frozen dome, trapped in time and isolation.

Though everything seemed functional at a distance, it was obvious that this village had a past. The wood looked old, like it had tales of old to spin. The snow was fresh and glittering, untouched save for the path that ran throughout the village. Behind every other cabin, there were sheds. Pieces of equipment sat idly outside each boarded unit, waiting to be used amongst the ice and white powder. There were a few skis, snowplows, shovels, snow jets, snowboards, salt bags and other miscellaneous paraphernalia.

Ethan opened my door and motioned for me to come out, offering his arms as the frigid air and whipping winds hit my face like a bullet. "It's freezing up here!" I exclaimed, bundling into Ethan's coat.

He was walking around in his tee shirt, completely at ease with the frigid air. I stole a glance at the clan, who were dressed similarly. "We're elevated. The air is colder and thinner compared to our last location. How are you feeling? Can you breathe alright?"

My teeth chattered. "I'm more uncomfortable with the cold than anything else."

He looked me over and came closer, pulling me into him so he could not only bear my weight against him, but keep me warm. "My shed in the back has female clothing. It should fit you better than my clothes; as the fit is snugger. All that cold air is seeping through the spaces. I'm not okay with that. Let's get you inside. You can warm up by the fire and have some tea."

I was not about to argue against that. But before I could even nod my head in agreement, Ethan had already picked me up and began walking to the cabin, which was ten times the size of his other cabin-albeit, older and with more charm.

Inside was warm and homely. The living room was wider, with a flat screen television, more gaming consoles, a black leather couch, a reclining armchair, a fireplace that was currently blazing glorious heat and a doorway leading to other expanses of the cabin.

At the moment-no matter how charming and appealing it seemed-I was too cold to explore. Ethan settled me on the armchair and retrieved a thick, wool blanket from a trunk by the base of the couch. He offered it to me and sauntered off into the kitchen somewhere after he made sure I was warm and comfortable.

I welcomed the heat of the fire, watching the orange and red flames flicker. The wood spat, ash rising into the chamber above. It smelled of pine needles and tree bark. I tucked myself under the blanket, feeling the wool tickle my cheek as I rested my head.

Soon, sleep took over.

I dreamed of snarling teeth, roaring flames and a naked female with jet black hair and vivid orange eyes.

12