Apprehended Ch. 21

Story Info
Jerry returns.
6.4k words
4.82
13.1k
2

Part 21 of the 31 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 08/31/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I stared at my ring in the light of the sun, watching it glint magically in beams of illumination. It was a beautiful symbol of Ethan's unconditional love for me; a reminder that his adoration went beyond the realms of time and into his past-affecting all that he was, currently is and will be.

I had been admiring it since Christmas, remembering Ethan's proposal. But nothing prepared me for the inevitable afternoon ahead.

"Are we ready?" Gavin clapped his large hands together in anticipation, looming in the living room like some sort of bodyguard.

I glanced at Ethan, who had arrived, descending the stairs at a leisurely pace. "Just finished." He focused on me. "You ready, love?"

I bit back a retort. I did not want to go. But I did my best to force a smile. "Sure."

Ethan smirked and winked. I knew he would know that I was lying. I hadn't voiced my concerns, but it was evident in my face. Gavin didn't seem privy.

"Great!" said Gavin. "I'll start up the truck." He headed out, leaving Ethan and I alone. I grabbed my coat as Ethan stopped beside me.

"What's going on?" he asked, softly.

There was no point in fibbing. "I don't know if I can do this."

He helped me zip up my coat, finding my eyes. "They are good people."

I sighed. "I don't doubt that. It's just...well..."

He waited patiently.

"Well, it's just that I'm not really sure how this is going to go. They are the closest thing you have to parents. I don't want to-"

"If you say disappoint me, Annie, I'm going to stop you, right there," he interjected. "Because that isn't who they are. And you can never disappoint me, my petal. You know that."

I looked away. Sure, the clan accepted me. But this was different. This was an intimate occasion-one that involved a deeply personal approach. Though Ethan and Gav boasted about their personalities and temperaments, I was still nervous.

What if I screwed it up? What if they didn't like me?

"I can see the wheels turning in your head, my sweet Luna," said Ethan, running a finger down the length of my cheek. "And you're worrying over nothing. Be yourself. Be at ease. They are my family."

That was what frightened me.

Outside, Gavin honked Cheryl's horn impatiently.

Ethan lowered his head to press a quick kiss to my lips. "Time to go."

We left the cabin and Ethan locked things up with Richen in charge while we were away. The air was bitter and cold with a sharp wind. I huddled into my coat and Ethan wrapped an arm around my waist to pull me into his warmth.

"Took you two long enough," said Gavin. He sat idly and arrogantly in the driver's seat, his arm draped loosely out of the open window.

Ethan stopped, pegging him with a glare. "Beat it. I'm driving."

Gavin's eyebrows shot up. "I'm driving, meat-stick."

Meat-stick?

I was having difficulty keeping up. They were talking quickly again.

"She's my truck," Ethan reminded him.

"Yeah, well, these are my parents."

"They're my Aunt and Uncle," Ethan retorted. He tensed his shoulders and I could tell that this conversation was quickly taking a turn.

I stared between the two, my teeth chattering and my body shivering in the cold. "Guys?"

They ignored me.

"I don't need to remind you that I tell you what to do. Not the other way around."

"Let me drive. I know what I'm doing."

I interjected once more. I had no intention of standing in the snow whilst they argued. I knew that choosing sides wasn't going to penetrate through their blatant act of machismo, so I decided to take the sympathetic route. "I'm cold, Ethan."

That was all it took.

Ethan renounced his argument and got in the truck, settling beside me in the back seat.

Gavin gloated victoriously and I suppressed a smile.

"Drive," Ethan demanded.

"Don't be pushy, grandma," said Gavin.

I giggled as Gav began to drive; the descent filled with Gavin's mirth and Ethan's scowl. By the time we made it into town, Ethan was on-edge, bickering irksomely with Gavin.

"You see," said Ethan, taking my hand when we exited the truck. "This is why I don't let you drive." He gestured to the bottom of Cheryl, where snow, ice, dirt and salt spattered the coating. "You drown my female in filth."

I put a hand over my mouth to hide a laugh. Ethan was completely serious.

"You act like you have a truck of modernity," said Gav. He gave Cheryl a good kick as he locked up. "A little dirt won't add to the damage already inflicted."

I stole a glance at Ethan...and my eyes went wide.

He was fuming.

"You motherfucker. She's reliable, sturdy and aged like fine wine."

We began walking along the sidewalk, with Ethan taking the lead. Gavin tossed Ethan the keys and shoved his hands into his jean pockets. "If you say so, E."

We stopped in front of two large, chestnut doors. I was bombarded by the scent of herbs and food. Ethan took a step forward and pointed at Gavin threateningly. "Kick my truck again, and I'll cut your balls off."

Gavin barked out a laugh. "I bet you will, Alpha."

Ethan glared and opened the door, letting out a waft of scents that made me nauseous. I made a mental note to convince Ethan to make a trip to the store. I needed a test and I needed one quickly. I was trying to figure out a way to deter Ethan from my suspicions; where I would be able to purchase one without alerting him.

I knew it was going to be difficult. But at this point, it was necessary.

The restaurant was large and affluent, with crystal chandeliers and rich linens. I glanced at my outfit, feeling uncomfortable in my leggings and simple, long-sleeved dress. Ethan and Gavin chose jeans and a button-down, looking like muscular models despite their relaxed appearance.

The hostess arrived, her eyes widening at the sight of the glorious males before her. Other customers at several tables stared; awed by their potent presence and beauty.

"Why hello there," said the hostess. She beamed and lightly tapped her nametag. "I'm Brooke. Your hostess for this evening." She licked her lips when Ethan stepped forward. She paid little attention to my presence, seemingly uninterested in the fact that he was holding my hand in front of her.

"Dune reservation," said Ethan. His words were clipped-to the point.

She smiled, flushing at the sound of his voice. "Ah, yes." She made quick work of a tablet in her hand, finding what she was looking for. "This way," she said, leading us to our table.

She tossed glances at the males, blushing furiously with a smile.

I grew irritated and was grateful when she left, leaving us with a female and male that I could only assume were Gavin's parents. Lily sat beside them, rising when she caught sight of Gavin with her own smile and flush.

He chuckled and approached her quickly, picking her up to hug her. She laughed into his shoulder and when he put her down, Gavin's mother said, "Oh sure, say hi to your female, but not your own mother. You haven't seen me in a nearly a year after all."

I bit back a laugh as he reached for his mother, pulling her into a tight hug and lifting her in his arms just as he did with his Lily. She too laughed in joy, obviously elated to be with her son. I stared, noticing the similarities. My eyes shifted to the male who stood to the side, watching with a dimpled smile and warmth.

"I swear, you and Ethan get larger every time I see you," said Gavin's mother.

He set her down gently and she reached for Ethan, equally excited to see her nephew. "Oh, my dear." She looked him over, leaning in to whisper, "you're quite the Alpha, aren't you?"

Ethan beamed and lowered his head to drop a kiss on her cheek. "I've missed you." She hugged him and he lifted her, mimicking Gavin's action.

"You big brutes," she said. She batted his shoulder playfully. "Put me down so you can introduce me to your female."

All eyes shifted to me as Ethan set his Aunt down again. I flushed under their scrutiny and offered my hand to the stout, silver-haired female. "Hello. Nice to meet you. I'm Annie."

Her smile widened as she batted my hand away. "You're Ethan's mate, my dear. There are no handshakes with family. Only hugs and kisses."

I fell in love with her immediately; feeling rather foolish for being so nervous in the first place. Any one related to Gavin and Ethan obviously was no one to fear. Ethan and Gav were honorable males. They had to inherit the trait from somewhere.

She pulled me into her arms and I gasped as she hugged me tightly against her plump bosom. She smelled of cinnamon and warm hot chocolate. I breathed her in and was reminded of my mother. Of comfort and safety. Of home-cooked meals and family bonding.

"And this silent observer is my mate, Leviathan," she added, pulling away from our embrace.

He stepped forward, resembling Gavin and Ethan, only older. "Nice to meet you, Annie."

I expected him to offer me his hand but he too encompassed me in a hug. It was firmer and a little short, but nice nonetheless. He pulled back to hold me at arm's length; inspecting me with beautiful golden eyes that were so like my Ethan's. "You're beautiful, amore," he said.

I laughed. "Are you Ethan's father's brother?"

His smile faded slightly and he released my shoulders. He glanced at Ethan briefly before clearing his throat. "I am."

I apologized immediately. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean-"

He held up a hand to interject. "You have nothing to apologize for, sweet girl. My brother wasn't the best of males. Associating myself with him has always been rather difficult for me...but...yes," he said, returning his smile, "I am Ethan's uncle from his father's side. Did Ethan tell you?"

Ethan wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me into his side.

"Um, not really," I replied. "It's just that the three of you look so much alike."

Gavin's mother clapped her mate on the shoulder. "See! I told you."

I laughed.

"Shall we peruse the menu?" Leviathan asked. He grabbed his mates hand and led her to a chair.

"Finally," said Gavin, leading Lily into her own chair. He sat beside her. "I'm starving."

"You're always hungry," said Lily.

Ethan pulled out my seat and waited until I sat down comfortably before sliding me in towards the table. "Thank you."

He kissed the top of my head. "Of course, baby." He took a chair to my right and grabbed my menu, handing it to me. "You hungry?"

My mouth watered, but not because I was hungry. The scents in the restaurant were rather potent and unappealing. I swallowed the bile that rose to my throat. "Um, yeah."

Ethan gave me a look. "You alright?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"Are you sure?" he lowered his head; his lips against my ear. "You feeling okay, sweetheart?"

I inadvertently leaned into him. "Mm-hmm."

I knew he was concerned. I did a poor job of hiding my own issues. Especially when I was near him. He managed to successfully break down my walls without much effort. Now was certainly not the place to expound my worries for all to hear.

I also knew that he wasn't buying into it. He was perceptive when it concerned me. He brushed a soft kiss across my earlobe, whispering softly into my ear. "You'll tell me if you're not feeling well, won't you, my female?"

I shivered. "Yes."

"Good. Try to eat. You barely ate today."

"Okay." Though I had no appetite, I was willing to try. For him and for myself. This night was supposed to be about family. About connection. Not about my nausea and oppressive troubles.

That seemed to placate him for the moment. He grabbed my chin and turned my head to face him, kissing my lips once...twice. He tasted delicious. Like whispered promises and melded bodies. Like warmth and soft soap.

I almost moaned but stopped when Ethan chuckled, his chest rumbling deeply as he pulled back. "Later," he said, looking into my eyes.

I smiled, knowing what he meant. "You promise?"

"I vow it, love." He winked and tapped my menu. "Now choose. You need to eat."

I sighed dreamily, lost to fantasies of Ethan pleasuring me once we got home, completely oblivious to the conversation and company that surrounded me.

"Annie?"

I lifted my head from the menu. "Hm?"

Gavin's mother smiled. "I asked you a question, my dear."

I felt my face flush from embarrassment. "Oh. I'm sorry. Forgive me, Mrs. Dune. I was-" Daydreaming about passionate love-making with my mate, "preoccupied with the menu," I added briskly.

She laughed. "Please, call me Janet, my dear." She stole a quick glance at Ethan. "You've got your female quite taken with you."

Ethan smiled, his dimples on full display. "Is that so?" He winked at me and I felt my face flush with heat. Ethan was unbelievably sexy.

Janet laughed and looked at her own mate. "I think there is something in the Dune blood that gets us every time," she said to me.

This time, I laughed. "I believe so."

A waiter arrived-a male around the age of twenty or so. "May I take orders?" he asked politely. His gaze lingered a little longer on Gavin, Ethan and Leviathan. I understood why. They were large, fierce males-Leviathan included. Age didn't diminish his strength and potent being.

Everyone gave the waiter their order. Ethan let me go first, asking what I wanted. I ordered something light: a salad with dressing on the side. It was safe. I knew it wouldn't be hard on my stomach. If I ate something heavier, I was liable to vomit. Ethan didn't seem too pleased with my food choice, but he let it be. I knew it bothered him, but he didn't push it due to our public setting.

Once the waiter departed, conversation flowed easily. I answered a few questions from Janet and Leviathan, hearing stories of Ethan and Gavin when they were young, and laughed when they joked. Ethan looked happy and at ease; as if a heavy burden had been momentarily released from his shoulders. It was nice to watch him when he was with his family, unconcerned with his priorities as Alpha and the danger it entailed.

Things almost felt normal for a little while.

Almost.

I lightly grabbed Ethan's hand underneath the table and gave it a squeeze.

He placed a glass of beer on the table and lowered his head towards me. "Yes, mea vita?"

"I have to go to the bathroom," I said.

He smiled. "Okay, my petal." He turned in his chair and gazed around the restaurant. "There is a restroom right there." He slid his chair back with the intent to escort me, but it wasn't necessary.

"No, Ethan, it's alright. I can go."

He cocked a brow. "Alone? You think I'm going to let you go to the restroom by yourself? Unprotected?"

It instantly grew quiet, the conversation running dry at Ethan's objection. I nervously glanced at everyone staring at us. "I'll be alright," I said, lowly.

"I'll make sure of it," said Ethan. He got up and offered me his hand. "As long as I am with you."

"Ethan," Janet interjected softly.

He looked at her, waiting for my hand. "Yes, Aunt Janet?"

"Let the female go on her own. We all need a little privacy as females. She is just as entitled, no matter her connection to you."

Ethan opened his mouth to no doubt disagree, but was cut off by Lily, who rose from her chair.

"I'll go with her, Ethan."

He stared between Janet, Lily and I like we all lost our minds.

Leviathan cleared his throat to get Ethan's attention. "Let them go, Ethan," he said, taking a tentative sip of his coffee. "They'll be alright."

Ethan dropped his hand to his side and sat back down, muttering under his breath before saying, "be careful. Both of you. If you need us, you know what to."

Gavin looked uncomfortable. "You're going to let them go alone, E?"

"You'll find that they are quite capable," said Leviathan.

There was another moment of awkward silence.

"Since when did you get comfortable with the idea of one of your females going anywhere alone, dad?" said Gavin.

Leviathan shrugged. "Your mother doesn't need me to hover. I have much more important things to do with her if you know what I mean." He tossed Janet a seductive wink.

Janet laughed and smacked her mate's arm playfully. "Oh, Levi, you stop that right now!"

I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Ethan and Gavin made an identical expression and they said simultaneously, "ugh, gross."

That made me laugh more. Lily soon followed. Eventually, Ethan and Gavin joined in. Once the hysterics faded, Ethan said. "Fine. You females can go alone. No longer than ten minutes. If you exceed it, we're both going to get you."

Gavin agreed reluctantly. "Absolutely. Although I think you should make it five minutes, Ethan."

Lily rolled her eyes and walked over to me, offering me her hand. I took it gratefully and got up. I felt Ethan's eyes on me as we left, but I needed to go alone. I truly loved his protectiveness, but sometimes I needed a human minute.

We passed the restaurant kitchen, a potent smell of food wafting towards us and making me sick. I felt the blood drain from my face and belched.

"Hey," said Lily, stopping me mid-stride. "You okay? You don't look so good."

A waiter passed, carrying a tray filled with plates of various foods.

My mouth watered and I belched again, knowing what was next. I put a hand over my mouth and pushed passed Lily, who followed hurriedly in heels.

"Hey! Annie!" she called out loudly.

I barely made it to a bathroom stall; puking up my salad in chunks, which made me vomit more.

I'm not sure how long I sat hunched over the toilet, but eventually, the heaves subsided and I flushed, wiping the sweat and moisture from my face and eyes. I got up lazily and made my way to the sink, where Lily waited for me, staring at me with her arms crossed over her chest.

"Well?" she said, giving me a look.

I washed my face under some ice-cold water. "Well, what?" I snagged a paper towel and dried my face.

"You want to tell me why you threw up?" she inquired.

I shrugged, feigning ignorance. "I don't know. The salad tasted funny." I tossed the paper towel and made my way to the door before she put a small hand on my shoulder, instantly stopping me.

"Have you told him?"

I froze. "What?"

She nudged my shoulder lightly so I could face her. "Have you told Ethan?"

Dammit.

I'm not sure how she knew with such certainty when I was uncertain myself. "I don't know if I am," I answered honestly.

She smiled warmly. "I have three older cousins. All of which were pregnant at some point or another. I've witnessed the signs. Have you gotten a test?"

"No."

She thought about that. "Ethan and Gavin are rather protective," she pointed out.

"You don't know the half of it."

She laughed. "It can be difficult. Do you want me to get one for you?"

I blinked, shocked by the gesture of kindness. She didn't know me that well. "You'd do that?"

"For a friend? Absolutely."

I swear I sank into her, hugging her even though our relationship was new and uncertain. I knew that we were going to see each other a lot-with Gavin as Beta and her as his mate. But I wasn't expecting the offer. Especially when I had been so stressed thinking about the possibility.

And for some strange reason, I didn't feel quite so alone anymore, knowing that another female was there with me without hate or malice. Knowing that there was someone other than a male who could empathize with me and not merely sympathize.

Eventually, she pulled away and held me at arms length. "Are you ready to go back out there?"

I sniffled and glanced in the mirror quickly, adjusting myself to quell Ethan's suspicion if he saw me disheveled. "I am now."

She took my hand and opened the bathroom door, letting me go first. I smiled at her and thanked her, not looking where I was walking until I slammed into something hard. I stumbled back and almost fell, but two strong hands wrapped around my upper arm and steadied me.

12