Apprehended Ch. 23

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I spluttered just as I was sipping hot chocolate.

It. Went. Everywhere.

The good news? It didn't soak the food. However, most of it went on Ethan's poor face, with little droplets speckled across his beard, eyes and cheeks.

"Oh my god, Ethan. I'm so sorry." I grabbed a napkin and got up, moving to gently wipe his face clean, which was the best part. I cupped his cheek, his beard scratchy in my palm as I moped up the dark stains.

When I finished, he grabbed my hand and turned his head to press a kiss against my palm, wrapping an arm around my waist to say, "you have to make it up to me, now, dulzura."

I smiled. "Do I? What do I need to do?"

He patted his thick thigh with his free hand. "Sit on my lap. You're too far away for me to inflict revenge."

"Revenge?" I asked, balling up the stained napkin and tossing it on the table. I turned to wrap an arm over his shoulders and sit down on his lap. He inched the chair back to avoid me being sandwiched between his large body and the lip of the table. I wrapped my other arm around his neck and threaded my fingers together. "What kind of revenge?"

He looked at my lips and smiled, lowering his voice to say, "the kind that has you underneath me, writhing in pure pleasure."

I laughed quietly and gently kissed his lips once...twice...three times. "That's not really revenge, my Ethan. That's a reward."

"Oh...I'm your Ethan now, am I?"

I nodded. "Of course you are."

"I like that...me being yours," he grumbled. Then he shoved his head into the side of my neck and pressed warm, open-mouthed kisses to my flesh. "Because you're all mine, cherie."

I laughed and snacked at his burly, wide shoulders, his lips tickling my skin. "Ethan..."

"Aye, sweet flower. Just like that. I want you to scream out my name in irrevocable satisfaction..." He shifted his mouth to my ear and whispered, "and sexual satiation."

I shivered involuntarily and glanced around, noticing that we were gaining an audience. I whispered, "Ethan...this feels really good and all, but people are beginning to stare at us."

He shrugged, his large muscles tensing as he pressed little kisses on my ear. "Let them." He didn't let me go. "You're so beautiful," he added, his voice as soft as silk. "And you smell so fucking delicious. Your scent is stronger with my young within you...thicker." He inhaled sharply, his chest vibrating. "Like honey."

I sighed heavily...giving in a little...to him...to his scent and his potency. "Ummm...thank you."

He fucking purred in satisfaction. "You're very welcome, sweetheart." He kissed me once more across my earlobe and sighed heavily before pulling away. He smiled at me, his skin aglow. "It's difficult to keep away from you, Luna."

I ran my fingers over my hoodie and tried to adjust my clothing even though Ethan didn't dishevel the material. It certainly felt like he did. "Yeah, well, I can say the same thing about you," I mumbled.

He laughed softly. "You can have me whenever you want me."

I cocked a brow. "Right now?"

He smiled wider. "If only, my precious female." He leaned in to say, "but I'm more than willing to make up for it once we're home."

My skin broke out in goosebumps. "You promise?"

"I vow it," he whispered, his voice filled with the promise of raw sex.

I nearly melted.

He pressed lightly against my lower back. "Finish eating, mea vita. I want to do something else normal after this. That includes pleasuring you later."

I felt my face flush with hit and got up, heading back to my seat in a little daze. Ethan had a way of magically blocking out the world and make me feel rather hot and bothered. I cleared my throat a few times before I could formulate a sentence. "Ummm...what did you have in mind?"

His face was cloaked in mirth; as if he truly found pleasure in rendering me witless with a mere touch and a few words. "Mall."

I froze. "As in...a shopping mall?"

"Yes." He began finishing off the rest of the food.

I nearly jumped out of my seat. "Can we call Lily?!"

He laughed. "Sure we can, baby. Gavin too."

That got me excited.

I began chattering, no doubt talking Ethan's ear off, but he listened and responded, smiling the entire time. When we were done, we gathered our things, cleaned up and left, texting Lily and Gavin as we made our way back to the truck.

When I was settled in the passenger seat, Ethan moved to the driver's side and revved Cheryl up, pulling out and cruising at a comfortable speed to pick up Lily. Gavin was going to shift and meet us there. His wolf was faster than the truck.

I glanced at the time. "How long can we stay in the mall?"

He kept those gorgeous, golden eyes on the road. "The day is still young. We can roam, do some shopping. Have dinner with Gav and his female. Come home and make love until we pass out from it. How does that sound?"

The latter had me shifting in anticipation. "That sounds like so much fun...a lot of fun actually."

He glanced over. "Good. I plan to keep my vow. All of my vows to you." He reached over and grabbed my hand, gently pulling my arm over to his side, where he threaded our fingers together and rested it on his thick thigh.

I shook my head a little to rid it of the fog induced by Ethan. "So, ummm...what are you going to buy?"

"Clothes...for you, my petal."

My brows shot up. "You already purchased clothes for me."

"I did," he said, making a turn for the highway. "But you're pregnant, love. You're going to need maternity clothes."

I hadn't considered that. "How do I know what size to buy?"

"Well, you can try on some clothes and get them a little larger so you can grow into them. If you need more or a different size later, we can always go back and purchase whatever you need."

"Okay...umm...thank you."

"Anything for you," he said lowly.

Hearing him say that-especially after the news-made me want to cry a little. He had no idea how the idea of two babies instead of one affected me. Then again, I had no idea how it had affected him either. Having him near...sharing this alongside him made me feel less alone. He was sacrificing just as much as I was. And we were in this together.

Sometimes, it was difficult to remember that.

"Hey," he said.

I looked at him, my vision blurry.

Shit.

Ethan pulled over, leaving the engine running as he parked on the side of the road just off the highway. He unclipped my seatbelt and grabbed me, lifting me effortlessly in the small space to place me across his lap. My back bit into the steering wheel but I didn't give a shit.

"Talk to me," he murmured, cupping my face to brush my tears away with his thumb. "Tell me."

I sniffled and leaned into his much larger palm. "Twins," I said, voicing it aloud in the quiet space. "We're having twins, Ethan."

"We are," he agreed, his voice level. He tucked hair behind my ear. "We are."

"How does that make you feel?" I asked.

"It's still dangerous for you. I'm always going to worry. Now the risk has doubled." He used a finger to lift my chin a little. "I'm going to try and explain this to you as best as I possibly can. You see, it has nothing to do with disappointment, regrets or anger. None of that represents the embodiment of my bond for you. A bonded wolf for his mate. You are the very air that I breathe. You're my heart, my flesh, my blood and my soul. I live for you and because of you. I will protect you at all costs. And that has nothing to do with the fact that if you die, I follow. It has everything to do with my love for you. Which is unconditional and insurmountable.

"Protecting you...making sure that you live will therefore render you healthy and capable of caring for any young you may have. Because if you're not alive..." he closed and eyes and winced, visibly shaken by the idea of that being a possibility. "Yes, you're carrying my young," he went on, avoiding the subject of potential death. "Which makes you even more precious. More fragile in an already dangerous environment. And the thought of something happening to you is so fucking frightening, that I cannot even think of it. Because-as much as it pains me to admit-you can always have more babies. You can always adopt. But I can't get you back if you lose your life. A life which I cherish above all else. My enduring love for you is exponential. I'm so closely bonded to you, it's the same equivalent as sharing one soul. That bond can never be shared with any other for me and my wolf. Only you. And I choose you. I will always choose you. No matter what. Does that mean that I won't love, cherish and protect my young? No. Not at all. But I will do absolutely anything for my female. To ensure your safety no matter the cost."

I thought about that. Truly processed and internalized it.

It made sense. I simply couldn't empathize with it because I wasn't a bonded wolf. I know with certainty how I felt. I couldn't possibly fathom the emotions of another. I don't think anyone ever could. But I would respect it. Ethan always respected my emotions. The least I could do was accept and respect his, no matter how difficult it was to discuss.

"Do you understand?" he asked softly.

"I do," I said, my voice thick.

"Good. Because you better believe that I'm going to be here for you and with you every step of the way. Don't you ever doubt it." He leaned in and pressed a kiss against my forehead. "Now, how about you relax. Calm down. Everything is going to be fine, alright? I'm here with you."

I nodded.

"Let's take your mind off of things for the moment. I refuse to lose this day with you. Lily is three blocks away." He kissed me one more time before shifting me back into my seat and buckling me in.

The rest of the ride was driven in relative silence.

That is, until we arrived at Lily's apartment complex. Which was a small, four floor building located in a quiet suburb not too fair from our town. She burst through the main doors, a smile on her face and her bag and coat tossed over her arm.

She waved and I undid my seatbelt to make room for her in the truck. Ethan smiled and inclined his head when she opened the passenger door and entered, a cold blast of air entering the truck bed and making me shiver. "Hi!!!!" she squealed, hugging me briefly.

It felt good to have her around. Another female who I could speak with. "Hey."

She smiled at Ethan. "Hey, Ethan. How are you?"

He inclined his head, his dimples showing. "I am well, female. You?"

"I'm excited!" she said, looking at me. "I haven't been to the mall in forever!"

I laughed. "Same. Are you working tonight?"

"God, no. I have tomorrow off too. They gave me two weeks for Christmas vacation. Paid."

"That's pretty great. Are you going to buy anything?"

She opened her mouth to answer but Ethan cut her off. "Seatbelts," he said, waiting.

She clicked her belt into place and I followed, struggling a bit due to being sandwiched in between her and Ethan's excessively large and muscular form.

"Let me," he said, grabbing the belt and snapping it in effortlessly.

"Thank you," I said.

He winked and began to drive once more, heading towards the mall.

"So, I was thinking of getting new boots and a sweater because I need them," Lily continued. She lowered her voice significantly and leaned into my side so only I could hear. She didn't know that Ethan could hear every word. "But I'm little tight on money this week because of some bills."

I laughed quietly.

"Don't worry about that," Ethan said, his eyes on the road.

"What?" she said.

"The money," he replied. "You females can get whatever you want. I don't want either of you worrying about expenses."

Lily's eyes went wide. "Uhhh...that's very kind of you Ethan, but I can't possibly-"

"I insist," he interjected.

She stared at me. "He won't take no for an answer," I pointed out. "Just accept it so we can goof off and buy something glittery."

She laughed. "Okay...thank you, Ethan."

"You're very welcome," he said.

It took about another twenty minutes until we arrived. During which, we no doubt talked Ethan's poor ear off with what we planned to do and what shops we hoped to hit once we were there.

Ethan stood silent, driving and letting us rattle as he pulled into a lot packed with parked cars. He took a spot closest to the exit and killed the ignition, getting out to open the door for us chivalrously. Once we were out, he grabbed my hand and led the way, heading towards the entrance where a large and looming Gavin waited by several glass, automatic doors with no coat and a tee shirt.

I glanced at Ethan. He too wore no coat, wearing a simple tee and jeans. Lily stiffened a little when she caught sight of her male, running her fingers through her hair to smooth it out. "Do I look okay?" she whispered.

"You look beautiful," I whispered back.

She licked her lips nervously, her eyes on Gavin, who sighted us and smiled from ear to ear, his own dimples making an appearance. "Shit," she said. "He's so beautiful."

I giggled lowly. "They both are."

"Oh my god, they are. It's like god carved out perfection and created them. The ideal embodiment of a man."

Ethan tightened his hold on my hand and I briefly stared at him. He was laughing. The bastard. He knew just how beautiful he and Gavin were. The thing was, he never boasted about it. Gavin was the same. It made them all the more beautiful.

I continued whispering even though I knew we were being overheard. "And they're strong too."

She exhaled harshly. "Jesus, yes. And we can't possibly forget their sheer size. Have you seen their muscles?" She leaned in more, whispering, "I wonder how big they are."

Ethan choked, sputtering and covering his mouth with a hand.

"Hello, my decadent rose."

I swear, Lily blushed and ducked her head. "Hi, Gavin." He opened his arms for her and they embraced.

Ethan was still coughing.

"You alright, gramps?" Gavin asked, pulling Lily to his side and tucking her against him.

Ethan flipped him the bird. "I'm fine, asshole."

I hid my laughter and interceded before they began arguing. "Let's head in. I'm cold."

Ethan ushered us in. The lobby was decorated in Christmas trees, hanging ornaments, lights, props, customers and employees. And as we gasped in astonishment, more than several pairs of eyes regarded Ethan and Gavin intently, their presence dwarfing all else. Even in a space this large, they sucked up all of the attention, looking powerful and tall.

Gavin and Ethan let us walk ahead as we pointed at the sensory overload. They stood back, having another male bonding moment as Gavin punched Ethan in the shoulder. "What's doin,' my brother?"

"Nothin' much, skimpy." Ethan returned the punch.

"Stop punching me so hard, you bastard. You know how much it hurts."

Ethan laughed. "What did I tell you about acting like a pussy?"

"Fuck you. You abuse that shit."

"Don't be jealous of my mad skills as a powerful male."

"It's not a skill, asshole. It's an abuse of power."

Ethan smiled widely, his fangs hidden. "You realize that I can have you beheaded for your insubordination?"

"This isn't the dark ages anymore," Gavin muttered back.

Then they went at it, punching and jabbing at each other like a bunch of teenaged boys in high school P.E.

"They're so beautiful," whispered Lily. "Until you get them together and they start in on each other."

I giggled. "Try living with them."

She shook her head. "I don't know how you do it."

"Neither do I," I whispered back.

"Hey!" they both said in unison.

Annnnnnndddd cue the round of laughter.

By the time we settled, we were roaming the first floor, not finding anything of particular interest until we took a giggle-filled trip up the escalator to the second floor.

"Where are we headed?" asked Lily, walking hand in hand beside Gavin.

"There," answered Ethan, pointing ahead.

Gavin's brows shot up and Lily seemed overjoyed to enter the maternity store. We moved ahead in silence, people parting and gawking per usual. When we arrived, more heads turned and a woman wearing a pencil skirt all but ran to greet Ethan and Gavin in desperation. Which was weird considering that the store was dedicated to women.

Pregnant women.

"Why hello there," she purred, her eyes going over Ethan and Gav. "How may I service-ah, help. Yes, how may I help you today?" She laughed sheepishly.

Gavin chuckled and Ethan's face was devoid of all emotion. "My mate is with child," he said, pointedly. "I wish to purchase her appropriate clothing that is adequate for growth."

Her eyes widened and she stuttered a bit.

I laughed quietly and interjected. "I'm looking for some clothes. Is there anything I can grow into as I progress?"

Her eyes shifted over to me and she blushed, flicking her gaze to Ethan and Gavin a few times as she spoke; no doubt taken aback by their good looks. "Of course, of course. How far long are you?"

"Seven weeks," I said.

She glanced at my body. "Early. Alright, let me take you through the store. We can choose appropriate sizes in whatever catches your fancy." She smiled at Ethan, tilting her head to the side, her flaming red hair cascading over her shoulder. "Will the two of you be joining us?"

"Do you have a sitting area?" asked Ethan.

"Uhhh...yes." She pointed behind Lily. "Right over there by the fitting rooms."

"Perfect," said Ethan. He looked at me. "We'll be right over there, waiting for you both as you pick out clothes. Lily, would you mind helping my female choose?"

Lily nodded excitedly. "I would love to."

Gavin winked. "Good female."

She ducked her head again, the female employee staring between us as if we sprouted three heads...each.

Ethan and Gavin ignored her odd stare and gave us a kiss. The best part? Ethan kissed Lily's forehead after kissing mine. And Gavin kissed mine after kissing Lily's.

Then they offered a sly smile and a wink. "We'll be right here," Gav reminded us. "Don't leave without us. Don't talk to anyone. And holler if you need us, alright, beauties?"

We both nodded.

Then they turned and headed towards the seats near the fitting rooms, leaving us alone with...

"Karen," I said, looking at her name tag.

Huh.

Another Karen.

She fanned herself with her hand and laughed, turning a brighter shade of red that made the freckles on her cheeks stand out. "Geez. They are rather..."

Lily put her hands on her hips and pegged her with a scowl. "They're what?" she asked.

Karen stared between us and instantly went into professional mode, realizing that we were not her besties. We were customers. She cleared her throat. "Ahhh, how about we get started? This way," she said, moving towards the nearest isle.

Lily rolled her eyes behind her back and I noticed, covering my mouth with my hand to hide a laugh as Karen began to rattle and choose clothing I wouldn't be caught dead in. "I don't want to wear that," I interrupted.

She froze, a heap already forming over her forearm as she piled on the clothes. "Excuse me?"

"That," I said, pointing to a sheer top. "That's too...sheer. You would see my bra through it."

"That's the point," she said, shaking her head as if I were slow and not catching the basics.

Ugh.

Just as I was about to explain how uncomfortable I would feel, Lily took over, clarifying things bluntly. "We're not whores, Kare."

Kare?

As if they really were best friends.

I bite my lip to stifle more laughter.

"She's pregnant. Not looking for a man. As you already witnessed, we have two of those. We're looking for practicality. Things that are comfortable on the tummy as she grows." Lily sighed and glanced at the nearest rack, snagging a pink, glittered hoodie that was larger in the stomach area. "See this? This is practical. Warm." She placed the hoodie on Karen's arm, right on top of the clothing she had picked. "Besides, we're also looking for things that can be worn with leggings or without." She glanced at me briefly before she went on, a smile playing on her lips. "Our men like us walking around commando with hoodies or tee-shirts." She shrugged, absently. "They love us naked ninety-nine percent of the time anyway. So hoodies, tees and leggings will be great. Maybe a few dresses for a possible occasion along the way. Toss in some panties...okay...maybe a lot of panties." She nudged Karen's shoulder a little roughly. "You know how that is, right? I don't know about you, but my man rips my panties off more times than I can count. So we'll take as many panties as possible. Throw in extra leggings too."