April's Fool

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As his orgasm subsided, his head slumped back against the shower wall. He exhaled deeply, catching his breath.

"God, that was... mm... So hot!" I stood up, beaming at him. Even then, his gaze lingered on me, admiringly.

I retrieved the soap and gently helped clean him up. He seemed almost shy in the aftermath, and as we exited the shower, there was a tender quality to how we dried ourselves and each other.

Slipping into the oversized clothes he'd provided, I had to suppress a laugh. They were comically large.

We didn't say much as we finished in the bathroom and returned to the bedroom. Nevertheless, the silence was comfortable, almost intimate. Crawling back into bed and under the covers felt... comfortable. How would it have been if Ryan had been my date earlier? I pondered. It felt so natural with him, almost as if he were my boyfriend.

I immediately chided myself for the thought. What a daft idea. This is a one-night fling and you know nothing about him. I reminded myself. Stop being a fool. Men are never as good as they seem.

But then I felt him snuggle up behind me and smell my hair. All right, I decided. I'll pretend. Just for now, I'll pretend. And, as we drifted off to sleep, I allowed myself to relax completely.

**

The first light of dawn crept through the curtains as I stirred awake, the memories of the previous night unfolding in my mind like a gentle melody. Ryan lay beside me, his features softened in sleep, looking peaceful and untroubled. I allowed myself a moment to bask in the tranquillity of the scene.

However, a glance at the clock jolted me back to reality. Oh shit. I had to go. After months of effort, I'd finally landed the major role I'd longed for, and rehearsals awaited me. Turning up in last night's crumpled dress was out of the question, and if I was to make it home in time to change, I needed to hurry.

Quietly, I slipped out of bed, careful not to wake Ryan. A part of me wanted to stay, or at least wake him to say goodbye, but reality beckoned.

"Bye, Ry-Ry," I whispered, leaning down to kiss his cheek. He responded with a cute, contented murmur that brought a smile to my face.

After leaving the bedroom, I ordered an Uber, hurriedly gathered my clothes, and used the bathroom as quietly as possible.

Still having a few minutes to spare, curiosity got the better of me, and I ventured a peek around his apartment. It was impressive--neatly kept, with an open-plan layout where the living area merged with a sleek kitchen. A dining table set with fresh flowers and walls adorned with tasteful art reflected a sophisticated taste. Far from the stereotypical bachelor pad, it was clear he was a man of taste who took pride in his home. What do you do, Ryan? I mused. Whatever it was, it evidently paid better than the performing arts.

As I paused at his desk, my attention was caught by a letter. I nearly laughed out loud when I saw the name: 'Ryan Fools'. Now there's a surname I'd never take! Just seeing it prompted flashbacks to childhood taunts. I guess he'd know about that too, I thought--at least I'm not the only fool here.

The thought crossed my mind: should I leave a note? I'd intended this to be a one-night stand, but I couldn't shake the feeling that, just maybe, it had deeper potential. The multi-photo frame on his desk tipped it for me--a younger Ryan with his grandparents, his father, his mother, a few group shots--love shining through every image. Jerks don't keep photos like this on their desks, do they?

I scribbled a quick note, including my number, then stepped outside to wait for my ride. The morning air was crisp against my skin, as I wondered what he'd do. Would he see the note as an invitation or an overstep? Leaving it felt like a bigger risk than approaching him at the club had been. That was about the moment, the physical connection--but this? This was a gamble of a different sort, a piece of me left in his hands. Would he call? I hoped he would, while another part of me tried to temper my expectations.

As the Uber pulled up, I cast one last glance at the building. Your move, Mr Fools.

The Fool

I woke refreshed and content, my body still tingling from the previous night's adventures. The morning sun filtered through the curtains, bathing the room in a warm, inviting glow. The sheets lay rumpled, and the faint scent of April's perfume still lingered in the air. Turning to find April's side of the bed empty, I was unexpectedly struck by a sharp pang of disappointment. Fortunately the emotion was short lived. As I set about making my morning coffee, a note caught my eye, prompting a smile: 'Do Fools rush in?' Beneath it, scribbled almost as an afterthought, was her mobile number.

Having the day off, I indulged in a long shower. As the water cascaded over me, I closed my eyes, reliving the previous night. It seemed unbelievable that just hours ago, I'd been alone at a bar, and now I'd experienced one of the most passionate nights of my life. Thoughts of April were inescapable--her fiery passion, the mesmerizing way she danced, the way she'd gone down on me, right here. I found myself getting hard and, giving in to the stirring desire, jerked myself off to my vivid memories of her.

Afterwards, I lingered under the shower, trying to collect my thoughts. Should I call? April had revealed a side of me I hadn't seen in years. Her youth and energy were undeniable. She approached everything with such confidence, effortlessly moving from flirting to dancing to hooking up with someone she'd just met. I wasn't judging her for that, but I was at an entirely different phase of my life.

Dressing, my mind drifted to past relationships--the innocence I'd shared with Charlotte, my first girlfriend, and the ambition Rita, my last serious relationship, had nurtured in me. Despite the experiences and the lessons they'd brought, none made me feel as alive as I did last night. Was it the spontaneity? The thrill of the unknown? Or was it her?

I quickly realised that not reaching out would be something I'd regret. Typing out a message, I couldn't help but grin. I guess Fools did rush in after all.

**

Thanks for reading. I hope you enjoyed the story. Please don't hesitate to give feedback, comments or votes--it's all appreciated.