All Comments on 'Aquata Cove Ch. 71'

by Feare909

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Nice chapter

I loved everything but the 'haters' there. Not sure why you thought was necessary particularly there, during engagement. Don't see the need on the story.

Anyhow, I appreciate you are continuing the story.

You have a lot of imagination and describe very well details even the no so main plots of the story and that's why is so different from all the other stories here. Thus taking this long. Thx

Feare909Feare909almost 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Nice chapter

It was necessary, I think, to add the haters. First off, story-wise, Adam is a local that's familiar with a lot of people. He's a nice person, very likable, very familiar with everyone. And him putting together a party to propose to his boyfriend meets ears and spreads, including other people who would not approve of a gay marriage proposal, especially in a place where they frequent in their lives. And religious zealots are always all too eager to show how unwelcome the LGBT are in any given location. They will go out of their way to crash and burn something that they disapprove of, time and again.

And then on the other side, Adam and Merrick are surrounded by their loved ones - friends and family who are overjoyed to see two of the local sweethearts decide to tie the knot. The idea was to give the image that despite the hate and the attempt to ruin such a beautiful moment, Adam and Merrick had so many people coming to their defense and showing the haters that they can't just strut around and get away with hurting others. They're surrounded by loving neighbors, friends, family that would do anything for each other - standing right by their side, for better or for worse.

My point is that Aquata Cove has once been described to me as a story that stipulates that there is no specific good guy or bad guy - merely, that Unity in love itself is the true hero that fights off all that is wrong with the world. And besides, Jessica being there gives a glimpse out her character for future chapters.

Fuck, I did NOT mean to write a fuckin novel here as a comment. Gimme an inch, I take a mile, I am SO sorry OxO

Please continue to enjoy the future chapters, those of you still following this never-ending story of mine. I deeply appreciate it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Grammar

I love this story but you need to get your tenses right. Either write in past or present, stop switching 24/7. It makes no sense.

Feare909Feare909almost 8 years agoAuthor
Re: Grammar

I honestly have no idea how to make my present/past tense apart from each other 0-0. I've love to get an editor to fix my mistakes, but I can't afford one :'(

o2byoungo2byoungalmost 8 years ago
Beautifully written with surprises

I thought this was one of the most emotional chapters of the whole story, and loved it. I wasn't prepared for the engagement (and party.) Bringing in the "haters" , IMHO added some spice to the story. Maybe in another 10 or 20 years they will give up their hateful ways.

I didn't realize until reading one of the other comments here that editors expect to get paid. I thought they just volunteered. I have always been able to decipher what was meant in your writing, even though there were some mistakes, I still have enjoyed this story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFeare909@Feare909
98 Followers
A writer of fantasy-like themes with ideas and lore drawn from different sources, inspiration, and a bit of original touch here and there.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES