All Comments on 'Arcanum - Of Steamwork and Magic Ch. 01'

by DragonCobolt

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
DragonCoboltDragonCoboltover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks for reading!

This story is brought to you by the following harem members (and patreon supporters)

Jeter Latenight, Joe Johnson, Dasm, Masterhobbes, Pancor, Ashed Disavowed, CJ (and only CJ), Lon'Tavion Scott, Chris, B.C. McGuire, Fast59, Morris, Tiberius Reign,

keen_FlattendHedgeHog, Paks, Phraxius, Pierce Gray, Taco1085, Albert Finney, Indianguy, MaxxDredd, MDG1969 and Etorius Starwalker

If you enjoyed my work, check out my Purgatory War novellas, available on Amazon right now.

Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F8YTR6R?ref=series_rw_dp_labf

And if you want to see more stories, please consider my Patreon! If you subscribe, you get to vote on upcoming stories, get free access to my self-published work, and get to see new chapters a WEEK EARLY! So if you absolutely cannot wait for the next chapter of this story, consider dropping a buck a week!

Link: patreon.com/DragonCobolt

Finally, if you want to ask me any question about this story or others, feel free to follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/DragonCobolt

Thanks for Reading!

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenover 5 years ago
Halo again

Thanks for the new story.

falizurefalizureover 5 years ago
another instant hit.

you just keep cranking out good stories, i have no idea how you do it but i'm glad you do.

WhatthehellmanWhatthehellmanover 5 years ago
I like it!

Very interesting story and concept. I'm excited to see where you go with this. There were a few places where the writing was a bit weir but that might have been me miss reading somehow. Good work!

FormerReaderFormerReaderover 5 years ago
Fun

I played the game, at least part of it, back in the day. I remember thinking while the game itself was frustrating, it had a very unique "world" it was set in. So I look forward to reading adventures set in it.

DragonCoboltDragonCoboltover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

And yeah, Arcanum is one of my favorite games. This is actually all going to be based off an actual Lets Play I'll be doing. I have a notes page and everything!

This entire chapter?

It was the first 5 minutes of the game.

This game is 60 hours long.

WE MIGHT BE HERE FOR A WHILE AHHHHHHHHH

taco1085taco1085over 5 years ago
love it

I really like this story, cant wait for the next few chapters to see where you take this. He is the one.... hmm

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
did you really just

If there isnt a part where a mage doesnt just spam harm I'll be upset. also, hi all Arcanum fans.

thank you for this

DragonCoboltDragonCoboltover 5 years agoAuthor
Harm

Sadly, there will be less harm spamming than there would have been if my patreons had voted for Lysander V'Neef, the beautiful elven mage. He was option two on the patreon poll, see.

But Rayburn won, so Rayburn is our hero!

But...a certain jeweler may indulge that spam, hmm...

RavenhideRavenhideover 5 years ago

Hmm. First I'm hearing about the game, which is a shame cuz BG and its Enhanced Edition was a blast. Unlike BG and its EE, there actually appears to be some mods floating around that improve the games resolution, which means I've slapped it onto my wishlist on Steam to buy when I get paid in a few days. That's one of the things that irritated me about Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition: it still used (mostly) older style art graphics that are simply murder on my eyes. Arcanum just by itself doesn't look nearly as bad, and if there's stuff out there to improve it I reckon I might actually get through the game.

Looking forward to the continuation of this!

DragonCoboltDragonCoboltover 5 years agoAuthor
Advice for a newbie!

Dex based builds (e.g, sword and board or archery) are really easy.

Harm is the most broken fucking spell in the game.

Technology is hard to do on a first run! Rayburn Cog is an expert.

...also I cheated and gave him 18 int, 18 cha and maxed out persuasion from level 1.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Iᴍᴘʀᴇssɪᴠᴇ sᴛᴀʀᴛ.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hell yeah! Glad to have stumbled over this story. Your wording is wonderful, immediately merging my mind and imagination with the thoughts of your first person protagonist. It's funny, witty, Virginia is a blast and after three pages you've poured a gallon of subplosts on top of your dear reader. Well done! Off to the next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous