All Comments on 'Art of Deception - Light and Shadow'

by ThatNewGuy

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments
Harryin VAHarryin VAover 2 years ago

Well written but kind of boring

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

Excellent story, sir.

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

That's some sequel. Thanks for a great story, was pretty slim pickings around here for a while.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

A fitting follow up to your first tale!

5

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

Truly exceptional.

I love the plot twist, it made a huge difference in terms of drama and surprise.

But I did had an inkling something's up when during his argument with Carina when Adam surmise that Carina has plan swap the paintings instead of being infuriated Carina instead probe why Adam would think so and I thoughr that was odd response to an accusation. But never did I connect Monica as the main culprit.

This was an excellent job @ThatNewGuy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Absolutely Brilliant. Love the characters and the plot. Please keep writing. Thanks

iamanogreiamanogreover 2 years ago

So very enjoyable. Thank you

OldBrummieOldBrummieover 2 years ago

Excellent story. Really enjoyable and well written. Have you thought about forwarding it to a crime magazine? It could make a good basis for a series.

Dino3434Dino3434over 2 years ago

Loved it and the earlier story as well. Please write the next chapter. We need more of these interesting characters on Lit

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why not post under your normal identity? Why play games?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Truely marvelous

jocko_smithjocko_smithover 2 years ago

Another great story, thank you

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, KEEP GOING!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This works great both as a mystery and a romance. Carina is one of the most fascinating characters in Literotica and Adam is the perfect foil for her. Beautifully executed concept.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a rather tepid attempt at a "who-done-it" story. For this site, it was fairly well written. But it sure as hell doesn't belong in "loving wives"!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

will look forward to chapter 3 greatly. Thanks for your contributions to this site. 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

usually sequels are poor imitations of the original. Thus got a pleasant surprise while reading this one. Well done, waiting for the 3rd round eagerly...

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksover 2 years ago

Please, Please write the third chapter. Remember the last line " You find them". Find them for us.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyover 2 years ago

No deception here. Would really like to see another sequel. Great story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent sequel !!

Longhorn__07Longhorn__07over 2 years ago

I'm not normally a fan of sequels; this is one of the few exceptions.

Beautifully written and crafted.

I look forward to reading many, many new stories from this author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Original was great. This was great. Can't wait for chapter 3

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Don’t stop you’re on a roll! 5*

unclejack32unclejack32over 2 years ago

Thank you for a very well written, very entertaining story. I'm sure I'm not alone in stating that I would like to see several more chapters of this story.

MysticMysteryMysticMysteryover 2 years ago

Looking forward to the next chapter. 5 stars

26thNCuck26thNCuckover 2 years ago
1 Star

Trash

-26thNC

gatorhermitgatorhermitover 2 years ago
Excellent mystery!

Great twists and turns in this one. Hope the author can find a way to free Carina. Nice touch with the icon at the end.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A very well told story that really caught me! Not felt so well entertained for a long time! Hopefully there will be a sequel for the two protagonists! 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

To continue the musical theatre theme - Please, sir, may I have some more?

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

You are not going to be legally allowed to stop writing here, understand that and we'll all get along just fine!!

Sometimes for all the worthless trash writers whos fingers rip through the toilet paper and essentially post what they find on their fingers as a story, writers like you make it worth suffering trhough their idiocy.

Thank you for this excellent story. Now get to work on the next part....no, seriously, stop reading this ass kissing post of mine and get back to work, damn it!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Loved it, but there has to be a 3rd and then a 4th sequel . He has to save her from her Masters as they are in love.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 2 years ago

He should pray to St. Phanourios...

Glad to see some Orthodox Christian representation in a well written story.

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

I really didn't think I would like this when I started but the more I read the more I was pulled into your story. Your writing is outstanding and I hope you continue this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done and certainly worthy of a continuation story (or several). Can't wait to see how you manage to free Carina from the evil clutches of her "employers".

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

This was a great sequel to a very original first story. Great work.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 2 years ago

Full marks goes without saying.

This was fucking close to brilliant. What the hell...

It was brilliant!

I love Carina and Adam. They are both engaging and empathetic as well as sympathetic characters that I can't help but love.

You are a tremendous talent as this story arch illustrates.

I obviously can't gush enough about your talents.

I'm waiting with anticipation and belief in your third installment.

Damn!

A_BierceA_Bierceover 2 years ago

Finding a forger nonpareil

with no tool other than a brain equally nonpareil? The game's afoot (I hope).

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fucking Great! 5 Stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Liked this one too…..

Nice job, well thought out.

SouthdownSouthdownover 2 years ago
Awesome and Wonderful

If you are not a forensic art examiner, artist, theater critic or private detective the amount of research and imagination you poured into this story is beyond what Literotica deserves. You are magical storyteller worthy of great respect and much acclaim. I echo calls for a continuation of this amazing story and a resolution for Carina. Thank You 5*****

I should add that I enjoyed the comment in your 'bio' and ignore the silly comment by 26thNCuck, on this story, who clearly has no knowledge of or ability in storytelling. Please continue doing what you do, Excellent work!

SRTigerSRTigerover 2 years ago

It was an excellent sequel of an awesome story. Please waiting for many more sequels

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent writing. Enjoyed the plot and suspense.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Although the dynamic of “good” and “bad” characters in a relationship is certainly not new, these 2 are in my opinion exceptional. We would all be happy to read more.

sciscoe2002sciscoe2002over 2 years ago

Fantastic 5 stars, Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I loved it! You are one of a small handful of truly exceptional writers on this site. I adore how you took Carina’s character from the antisocial, self-serving user in part one to a multifaceted tragic hero. Brilliant. This story arc would be fabulous as a full length novel.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 2 years ago

This is a great series. Still, Monica fell into one of the great trap—tropes of arising villainy everywhere!

Monologuing…

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

What 26thNCuck did not like your story , is he a Rabid cuckold Trump supporter it is 100 times better than anything he has produced.

ibuguseribuguserover 2 years ago

Brilliant. 5*. Please continue with the 3rd installment.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

Thanks for this wonderful, well-written story! Please write more chapters on these two characters!! I love your writing style.

AutistAdventurerAutistAdventurerover 2 years ago

Nice one TNG - you know the rest of us would beta read it as well. :)

BigBlueKatBigBlueKatover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed reading this. Looking forward to the next chapter. 5/5

donjuan1954donjuan1954over 2 years ago

Great follow-up! Enjoyed it very much. You are a fine writer!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Fantastic

BillandKateBillandKateover 2 years ago

5 stars - looking forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Excellent! Nicely done. Full marks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Better than the 1st part. Looking forward to the 3rd chapter thanks.

danbo56danbo56over 2 years ago

This another great story i enjoyed the first one and was not disappointed with this one looking forward to your next episode with Adam and Carina unfortunately five stars are max that can be given but it is definitely worth more in my opinion brilliant keep writing

kiteareskitearesover 2 years ago

Looking forward to Ch3 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

enthralling, informative.

very well written.

i'll keep checking!

Rocket081960Rocket081960over 2 years ago

Outstanding! Well written and enjoyable. Thanks.

mike2710mike2710over 2 years ago

Thank you. Enjoyed your story and look forward to chapter 3

patilliepatillieover 2 years ago

Love these type stories. I didnt think this was as good as the first story until the twist at the end, which made it a 5* qualifier. Good work!

ribnitinribnitinover 2 years ago

Great story, once again. The part after Monica was busted got a little too convoluted for my taste. A major part of the plot was presented as epilog.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Please DO continue!

IBTVoyeurIBTVoyeurover 2 years ago

Of course there has to be a third chapter where Adam uses Corina's hint as to where to find her. Then the reconciliation with her sister. But the best part will be when Adam convinces Corina to paint her own masterpieces that she can, finally, and proudly, put her own signature in that bottom right hand corner. Will they marry? Maybe. Will they have children if do get married? Doubtful. Will the sister play more than just a passing role in the story? That will be up to you and your imaginative talent.

Thank you for chapters 1 and 2. In my opinion they deserved the 5 stars I gave them. Anxiously looking forward to chapter 3.

teedeedubteedeedubover 2 years ago

Brilliant. I, too, went back for a refresh on AofD before reading this one. What a joy. Thanks for sharing.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 2 years ago

I am speechless. Brilliant. Just brilliant.

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800over 2 years ago

What a fantastic series this is. Very enjoyable read and I hope there will be another story in this series.

youngbrainoldbodyyoungbrainoldbodyover 2 years ago

I REALLY enjoyed reading your extremely well-written tale. Please find some way for Adam and Carina to get out of the frying pan and to get together permanently.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story and very well written.

TeggeTeggeover 2 years ago

Great story...thouroghly enjoyed reading! Look forward to your work.

sunlover813sunlover813over 2 years ago

Great great great please give us more

MajorRewriteMajorRewriteover 2 years ago

Good writing. Certainly not erotic though.

By the way, a forger isn’t a brilliant artist. They’re just skilled technicians. They don’t have the creative imagination to be artists.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

✨✨✨✨✨

The first installment was great.

This second is even greater.

I can't wait for the conclusion!

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

Excellent!

Both parts.

Not a typical LW story.

Just as many of the most popular stories here.

And this story fits right beside them.

Top ratings from me.

johsunjohsunover 2 years ago

I love it! I had to re-read the first chapter to refresh my memory, and thoroughly enjoyed that second read, and this one was just as good. I look forward to more chapters.

.

Actually this started me thinking of a film I've seen and enjoyed several times, I think its title is "How to Steal a Million" with Peter O'Toole and Audrey Hepburn. Great fun and also includes a forgery. Hmmm, wonder if Netflix has it. Probably not, their streaming service is sadly lacking good older films.

TheArtfulCodgerTheArtfulCodgerover 2 years ago

This sat in my ''Read' que for a week before I looked at it, an amazing read- a bit rushed at the end.

21223452122345over 2 years ago

What a great second act! Please take the time to finish the story with a third part, this has been very well done and has been very enjoyable to read.

OnethirdOnethirdover 2 years ago

A terrific follow up, and it is a pleasure to see him back with Carina… sort of. The whole weak link is getting the sister away from danger. Does the UK have a witness protection program? One small quibble: the data from an infrared scan is simply called an infrared spectrum, not a spectrum graph. Spectrographs are the instruments, and what they produce are spectra (the plural of spectrum). A minor thing, but I spent my career taking IR spectra, so it stood out to me. I am still impressed with the skills of the writer- this is professional quality stuff that you are contributing on this website.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well Done. Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Don't take too long!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not bad but once again falls apart at the end. Wish there was a sequel.

a_reader_from_germanya_reader_from_germanyover 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed part one and two of your story and am looking forward to a follow up, I also gladly appointing 5 stars, BUT. No really, it's a minor but. There are many art forgers out there, and many forged art exists both in private collections as well as in museums. One of the major reasons a lot of the forgeries go undetected is the fact of the sheer amount of pieces of art. Most if not all forgeries could be detected if there was an army of well educated experts. However, some very intriguing falsifications have come to light. There are both copies of existing paintings and sculptures as well as many works just copying the style of famous artists, not a certain piece of art.

You chose to invent a female master forger, which, to my limited knowledge, has still to occur in real live. What realy irks me is the assessment of the forger as a great artist. That she will have to prove if she eventually produces her own creations. The most valuable, seldom and intriguing appearance in art (as well as elsewhere) is originality. The great painters didn't just study their predecessors and suddenly painted differently from them, the real innovations where the results of considerable intellectual efforts. Of course there is some spark, intuition, spontaneity that would be difficult to explain in full detail, let's just say that much of that is finding its way into art subconsciously. The subconscious however is not a complete mystery, basically it's a mechanism to process ingrained and settled knowledge, experience, skill, memories of events and emotions at a much faster speed and a much more complex level than a conscious processing.

What I'm trying to say is, in creating a forgery you neither went through the intellectual effort to conceive and produce something original, nor is there the contribution of how the studies and the lived life of the original artist imprint the individuality of the person on a subconscious level into the piece of art. Forging or even copying without the intent to devieve is often not or not much more than parroting. But even if the copyist does some studies in art history, it's still just resulting in comprehending- to a degree- and reproducing, it's handiwork more than art.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Excellent sequel. I like the MC he's an interesting problem solver. Let's see what he gets into next. 5*

TarlosoTarlosoover 2 years ago

Superb. A third is a must...Please...such a good series

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the story. It gave entertainment to my brain. The twists and turns were unexpected but added to the story. Thanks for a great writing.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

Loved it. Very well written, and edited. Excellent job concealing Adam’s suspicions and plans - it’s much more fun reading a story when I can’t predict the outcome, or the path leading to it.

A_BierceA_Bierceabout 2 years ago

Yes, you must continue their story.

But please, don't rush. Your meticulous research and relentless editing/proofing sets your work apart, and LW is the only appropriate venue (because of its denizens).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent story creation and conversion to a very well written story.

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

Unique, well constructed, and well written story. 5*

Lector77Lector77about 2 years ago

Fine plot. Solid writing.

Patience coupled with anticipation for whatever may follow is my only recourse.

Your work is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Até.

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

Nice. ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

ribnitinribnitinabout 2 years ago

I reread the first two stories in this series to bring myself back up to date for the third story. I'm greatly looking forward to reading it

BlackJackSteeleBlackJackSteeleabout 2 years ago

Another five star addition to you earlier story.

You write well and tell a gripping tale. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter.

It gladdens the heart to see so much positive feedback.

Well done.

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

It is masterful. I have no adequate words to praise this story. Five stars to the fifth power. Hoping he finds Carina.

OldmaninthewoodsOldmaninthewoodsabout 2 years ago

Another good story, 5 stars and looking forward to the next in the series

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThatNewGuy@ThatNewGuy
March 13, 2024 My first romance story, Full Circle, has been posted. One of the things I enjoy about Literotica is the chance to explore writing in a variety of genres. I had fun writing this story, and I hope you have fun reading it. Thank you for your support and encourag...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories