All Comments on 'Art of Deception - Renaissance'

by ThatNewGuy

Sort by:
  • 161 Comments (Page 2)
McSparkyMcSparkyalmost 2 years ago

My favourite series on here, thank you!

GladstonGlieseGladstonGliesealmost 2 years ago

Clearly a talented storyteller. But you painstakingly built this castle only to use C4 for the final bricks and then blew it all up. The hail mary the protagonist threw at the end was built on two methods he could have easily used to prove her paintings were forgeries for the entire series. The one thing that can't be forged is time, no matter the forger's skill level.

rbloch66rbloch66almost 2 years ago

A very worthwhile and captivating trilogy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Superb series. Clever plotting, engaging characters and skilled and elegant use of the English language. It's this quality of story telling that makes plowing through the Literotica dross worth the effort.

LA

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant series of tales!

donner60donner60almost 2 years ago

Awesome trilogy….great characters and plot. Thank you for a wonderful read

jsch1947jsch1947almost 2 years ago

Probably the best series I've found on Lit, so far.

You Really should attempt to publish

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Perfect.

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimalmost 2 years ago

Man, what a pleasure to return to your stories after reading some of the ones voted higher than they deserve. Intelligently plotted, cogently written and elegantly revealed in all their glory, yours hit the spot in every way, every time. All I can say is thank you from the depths of my brain.

Cheers

BlissMaraBlissMaraalmost 2 years ago

This trilogy has been my favorite of anything I have read on this site. I do hope you write another one! I didn't know anything about art and forgery and that whole "underworld", but now I am so fascinated, thanks to your winding, thrilling plot. Thank you for sharing this thoroughly entertaining, fascinating, well-crafted trilogy. Five stars all the way!

SubmergedCannonSubmergedCannonover 1 year ago

The only thing wrong with this trilogy is that it wasn’t posted in Romance (which is a bit unfair as you say that you didn’t plan for sequels to the original, which I think was reasonably categorized as Loving Wives). Nonetheless, I just wish more people read this masterpiece of a trilogy!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 1 year ago

A Great series and it is wonderful to see LOVE prevail. Thanks for your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just about the best I've seen on this site, regardless of category! Please write more, and soon!!

Jim

Kapturek62Kapturek62over 1 year ago

I read the entire series and enjoyed it very much. You made a reservation that you are not a chemist or a painter, so just one small note - I don't know how in English, but in Slavic languages we use the phrase "write icons" and not "paint". Kind regards

kirei8kirei8over 1 year ago

An excellent trilogy! It actually reads like a movie script, who knows, eh? You're one of the best writers on this site, bar none. As this becomes noted and accepted, please continue with your writing. I mean, after all, even the anons like you!

WolfenherzWolfenherzover 1 year ago

A wonderful story, thank you

demanderdemanderover 1 year ago

Just an excellent story, start to finish. D

kameljockeykameljockeyover 1 year ago

One of the best multi part stories I have encountered on Lit. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What an amazing end to an incredible trilogy. Sad to know that all good things must eventually come to an end.

Q1000Q1000over 1 year ago

This should be a movie!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Another winner! Great way to complete the trilogy. A follow-on story with kids and Italian art mysteries is certainly a possibility. Enjoy your work, certainly much better than many "old guys" on this site.

Mfj

ggariousggariousabout 1 year ago

Outstanding story. I hope you have more, even if you leave Adam and Corina behind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Fantastic story, I love it

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 1 year ago

Just finished reading through the trilogy for the second time and it just gets better! I agree with Q1000 this should be a movie, if only because it seems more people watch than read and this deserves a wide audience. Every now and again I come upon something on Literotica that surprises me, and this is one such story. It surpasses one’s expectations in so many ways that it makes me wonder why I bother to write at all. Thank you for a delightful escape!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I reread the first two and remembered how wonderful they were. Thank you for brining these characters back to us and letting us slip into this world again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank you so much for some hours of marvelously entertaining reading!

arrowglassarrowglassabout 1 year ago
THESE THREE STORIES ARE MARVELOUS!

Really interesting read! Could not stop once I started reading the first one!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

That’s wonderful work! I only have a hard time to believe you know nothing about art and the art of forging it :-)

juanwildonejuanwildoneabout 1 year ago

Wow - that was fun. Would love to see ‘The Further Adventures…”

Great stories, very well told.

HT81HT81about 1 year ago

Absolutely wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

As fresh and cativating as it was when first read a year ago.

IndyOnIndyOnabout 1 year ago

More please *5*

twiceretiredtwiceretiredabout 1 year ago

Outstanding read and extremely well written. As a series, probably belongs in Romance, but what's in a category (actually had me looking for a final twist, that she'd been married to Max all along, or something like that). Overall very fun . . . might have tried something a little less unrealistically happy at the end . . . but that's a minor whinge.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Awesome. Amazing.

Imaginative story and characters.

Please keep writing!

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

Excellent second time around story, we have a very good writer here.

dawg997dawg99711 months ago

Without a doubt, one of the BEST stories here on Lit!

Thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A great trilogy. It was a lot of fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loved all three chapters. I look forward to reading more of your writing.

Hugo999Hugo99910 months ago

Great series immensely enjoyable

JahIthBerrJahIthBerr9 months ago

Absolutely loved this series. Reminded me a ton of the 1997 movie Incognito. Did you take inspiration from it?

patilliepatillie9 months ago

wonderful, smart, well researched and credible. 5*

e5jerseye5jersey8 months ago

I really, really enjoyed this series. Great work!

A_BierceA_Bierce7 months ago

Just finished reading all three stories for the second time. Folks keep calling them a trilogy, but in my book they're a triptych for a host of reasons. They're also as near perfect as any group of stories can be.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Well painted! 5

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

These stories are the best! Great job!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Five stars. Period. 'Nuff said.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I enjoyed this series tremendously and while I understand your feeling that they have come to an appropriate end, I, and I suspect many others, would be happy to see more. I have only one criticism - a detective constable would not wear uniform.

Crater7527

LegacybadLegacybad6 months ago

Great story, very fun and entertaining 5*

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Graet ending to a great story I look fwd to reading more of your work (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

It was a PLEASURE to read this series. Hats off to you, author! 5 stars to a GREAT story line!

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great stories.Enough said!

Jalibar62Jalibar624 months ago

Perhaps the Further Adventures of Mila, with A&C as recurring supporting characters

34dein34dein2 months ago

First two parts had something, this reads like you put down every thought you had on paper without a filter

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

"

Portraits. But not like anything I'd seen Carina paint before. Not like anything I'd seen anyone paint before. These were originals. These were her work.

The style was impossible to describe. They seemed to fuse aspects of traditional Orthodox iconography with elements of Post-Impressionism, but that didn't come close to doing them justice. I simply lacked the vocabulary. Even if I had the words, they wouldn't be enough.

They were stunning.

I turned to face Carina. She looked terrified. I'd never seen such vulnerability behind her eyes.

"Have you shown these to anyone?" I asked. "Max?"

She shook her head. "No one. Except you."

"Carina, these are incredible. You're incredible."

The tension in her face eased.

"You mean it?"

"Every word."

She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me into a tight embrace. "I love you," she whispered. "So much."

I squeezed her back. "I love you, too."

My eyes got misty reading this passage. Adam and Carina's relationship was a wonder to see blossom in these pages. It gives me hope that o lne day, i will also find my true soulmate. This is one of the best short stories I've ever read, and that's saying something. I really enjoyed each chapter. The characters and the mystery are different that anything Ihave read here, that's for sure.

Flar1958Flar19582 months ago

You got a good mix in crime, love, humor to catch us readers. See you in your next story

vandeheidevandeheideabout 2 months ago

Your three short stories are simply brilliant reading. Bringing in the job offer by the Italians opens up opportunities for more of your well penned works. Something involving my favourite Italian painter Caravaggio would be wonderful!! Thank you for introducing Adam and Carina, what a team!

tarl009tarl009about 2 months ago

Superlative story. How have I missed this earlier.

Goodtunes2Goodtunes2about 1 month ago

Really very well done! Very compelling storyline.

You have quite a gift, and I look forward to reading more.

Thanks for sharing this on this site. It’s refreshing to come across such talent.

All the best to you...Cheers!

AnonymousAnonymous27 days ago

Thank you for writing this excellent story.

rwdunnrwdunn26 days ago

This author is an exceptional writer. The author paints scenes in the mind of the reader, and if you are the reader, you almost feel as if you are "there". The story line is complex, and one must read carefully to stay knowledgeable as to what is happening at any particular moment. In this chapter the explicit sex is minimal, but the story is so captivating that you will become immersed in it from the very beginning. I hope this author will continue to write. He/she has great talent that needs to be shared with all erotica readers.

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Superb writing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThatNewGuy@ThatNewGuy
March 13, 2024 My first romance story, Full Circle, has been posted. One of the things I enjoy about Literotica is the chance to explore writing in a variety of genres. I had fun writing this story, and I hope you have fun reading it. Thank you for your support and encourag...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES