All Comments on 'Art of Deception - Renaissance'

by ThatNewGuy

Sort by:
  • 160 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodleabout 2 years ago

Holy Carp!! This was so good to read. I had to resd it twice, then go back and read the previous chapters.

I have no idea why it was in LW; but I’m glad it was.

Thank you for a great story. Maybe you can do another with further adventures.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 2 years ago

Splendid conclusion to your series!

5

francemanfrancemanabout 2 years ago

wow! incredible !

You have immense talent.

Please continue to entertain us, to make us dream.

wolftrapwolftrapabout 2 years ago

Great end to a great trilogy. Even better for leaving the door open for a continuation. Thanks!

On a side note I wasn't aware that the carabinieri have a specialised unit for art fraud. Although it makes a lot of sense, I wasn't aware of them. The things you learn on Lit :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very good story, and much research must have taken place in producing the work. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent job. I know nothing of art, but this was a mesmerizing story, plus I enjoy both extreme revenge and any reasonable reconcilliation. This had both. Keep writing. You will soon be considered one o the Legands of LW.

dt1784dt1784about 2 years ago

What a great story. I loved it. I do hope you follow it up with another. All strength to your writing arm!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

awesome awesome AWESOME. thank you. the possible story lines with working together ENDLESS. however they need kids.

numbnutz49numbnutz49about 2 years ago

Wonderful and I don't think I've read any story as compelling as this one. Your style is quite unique and a tribute to good research and a talent to use words to perfection!

mindmeld31mindmeld31about 2 years ago

Just an incredible series of stories. I would be very happy to read about Adam and Carina in the future.

se7en0x4Dse7en0x4Dabout 2 years ago

One of the best series I have read on this website. Gave me the vibes of the "White Collar" series. Loved it!!! Hope to meet these characters again in the future.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Thank you for this story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

@ThatNewGuy - will eagerly read this shortly, but just noticed you took down "First At Last", which I thought was excellent and thought provoking. Just curious as to why you did so.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A wonderful trilogy and good attention to detail with the forensics.

Frank66Frank66about 2 years ago

An absolute 5 from me, for the writing, originality, and fascinating story. I'm sure there's a lot of holes and errors in the unfolding of the plot, but I'm not enough of a detective to spot them. Totally enjoyed it.

energystarenergystarabout 2 years ago

Thank you for this amazing story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you loved it.

JerseyCaptainJerseyCaptainabout 2 years ago

Excellect story. Keep up thexgood work. I enjoy your style.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Spectacular, Thank You!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story, great series. Five stars all the way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Absolutely outstanding!

TK

FireFox59FireFox59about 2 years ago

Enjoyed the whole series. Thanks for posting.

DaddyWarBucksDaddyWarBucksabout 2 years ago

I came to read smut, and found literature!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for sharing...

It has been very entertaining reading thus far. I really wanted to give 5* However this is a 4*. My reasoning being your own eager in the plot to finish the series! Unfortunately it shows though.

I’m really looking forward towards your next posting, hopefully it’s as good as your first.

Thanks again

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It LITERALLY doesn’t get any better on this site. Whoever THATNEWGUY is —- he really needs to get a publisher and start making money off of his talent.

.

As to the tale of Adam and Corina…..it was a fantastic romp! And the very happy ending made it better.

.

More please!

.

5 *****

ibuguseribuguserabout 2 years ago

Superb. 5* and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Future adventures would be welcome. However, this series is brillent and quite sufficient. *****

tomc55tomc55about 2 years ago

Excellent, very professional

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Brava...

Encore..

Slick742Slick742about 2 years ago

Started off as a cheating wife but ended up as a Romantic Tale of suspense. Please keep writing. Loved it. Sk742

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcabout 2 years ago

Outstanding job, no other way to say it. I would have liked them to have some kids, but that would simply be icing to an already tasty cake. 5+*

6King6Kingabout 2 years ago

EXCELLENT ❗❗❗⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

MwestohioMwestohioabout 2 years ago

That is just an amazing story from beginning to end. And I love the science as explained. Looking forward to seeing more of your work

rhetthebratrhetthebratabout 2 years ago

Great story, great series. Loved the characters, and the intrigue was top shelf. Thanks!

MicknTrixieMicknTrixieabout 2 years ago

Excellent story. 5*

Texican1830Texican1830about 2 years ago

Excellent work, excellent ending! Congratulations!

lukeshortlukeshortabout 2 years ago

A masterpiece (not the painted kind). 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Now this is a story worth reading . Gave it a resounding five star rating. Read the whole series. Interesting and well written story that holds ones interest. Hope this author continues. We need good writers in this category, especially since most are cunt cuck writers not worth reading. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

You have received many accolades for your story and for the first two parts I could not agree more. They were far above anything I would have the right to expect on LW. But the last part? Surely it was well written, dialogue handled with care, all technical aspects beyond criticism. For your multple happy endings, however, you needed to bring in several deus ex machinae, reducing what might have been a serious story, to the level of a fairy tale. Still, it was fun to read.

SkubabillSkubabillabout 2 years ago

I sure hope you start posting more stories, you are an excellent writer. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is a terrific story and very well written! It would make a wonderful movie which I would gladly pay to see!!!

Rocket081960Rocket081960about 2 years ago

OUTSTANDING! Very well written and enjoyable … to the 15th power! Thank you!

RK52RK52about 2 years ago

A truly tremendous job that takes what is a niche specialty and forces the reader to become part of the story. THATNEWGUY has has provided us with a wonderful story.

I must agree with some of the earlier comments that it doesn’t get much better than this and the author is joining the ranks of the outstanding writers whose works I have read and appreciated that here.

FljimFljimabout 2 years ago
One of the best

Enjoyed your work. Thanks

cfumagocfumagoabout 2 years ago
Outstanding

Thank you for the whole series. Beautifully written, a nice pace, enough twists and turns and altogether a delight to read. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Wow! The whole series was great. Thanks for your work. This one didn't belong in LW because there was no wife but I'm glad you put it here so we'd find it. These are great stories with romance, mystery and tension. This is the best I've read on this site for a long time.

reasonable man

TexasBBTexasBBabout 2 years ago

Wonderfully done! Very much enjoyed it

chilleywilleychilleywilleyabout 2 years ago

Absolutely as good as it gets! Supurb!

Loved it

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Fantastic! All of them.

LarrynDallasLarrynDallasabout 2 years ago

Brilliant work. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

A great story and good read

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800about 2 years ago

What a fantastic and enjoyable read. This is worth publishing so you can make some money on it. A true romantic love story with twists and turns that I loved. I can see why you insisted it be in the loving wives categories, if not ,I might have missed it, bravo, please write more.

Lector77Lector77about 2 years ago

Thank you. Reading your work is a great pleasure. I hope you will grant us more, whether or not independent of this series.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Five stars in any category. Great characters and a great story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Entertaining but this really isn't a LW tale. It's more of a who -dunit tale. It's very good but there's no sex, wife-swapping or anything else that would put it in this category or on Literotica. Maybe you should try another site where you'd get taken more seriously. Nice read - wrong place.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent series. I really enjoyed them.

InchesofInchesofabout 2 years ago

Damn fine works. Well researched, story and character arcs well thought out and a fantastic premise. Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

All 3 make for a really great read. Engaging, technically interesting and entertaining. This last one though, hero kind of bumbling and ending was a little over the top. Wouldn't the Greek baddies just take the contraband, keep what the boss wants and shop the rest? Awaiting your next story. Take as long as you need. Just keep writing. 5 stars. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it, thanks for sharing. 5 stars, just like the other two chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

loved it!...

ThatNewGuyThatNewGuyabout 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback. Thanks also for the constructive criticism, which I value equally. I typically avoid inserting myself into the Comments thread, but since this story concludes the series, why not?

@wolftrap: I also didn’t know about the Carabinieri’s art fraud unit. I learned a bunch of random, fun stuff about art, forgery, and London from writing this series.

@anonymous: Thanks for the kind words about “First At Last.” There were things I really liked about that first story, but I took it down because it doesn’t really reflect what I’m trying to do with my stories these days. The story was in service to the sex, rather than the other way around, if that makes sense.

@anonymous: Your point about deus ex machinae is an interesting and fair criticism. There’s a fine line between when a plot twist/revelation feels more like a deux ex machina, and that line varies by reader. I’d love to chat more if you want to PM me or email me.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarabout 2 years ago

Exceptional writing. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent! Most enjoyable. But I think your instincts are right. Let's leave Adam and Carina alone to enjoy their happiness. They've toiled and suffered enough; let's let them retire from the stage. "I only needed you to know." Curtain. Finis.

"This is disgusting," Ratliff groaned.

...

"Do you two think I'm some kind of idiot?"

"Yes!" Carina shouted.

Great sequence!

LickideesplitLickideesplitabout 2 years ago

@ANON ‘Entertaining but not LW’. 3/31/2022

Read the preface. Part one qualified as LW. NewGuy explains the rationale!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’m not an author and couldn’t begin to critique your work but I sure know what I like. Thank you for your work, it is certainly appreciated!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Five, the writer has real talent. I have trouble writing a sentence, never mind a complete story. Keep writing!

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterabout 2 years ago

This was really a masterpiece. I am jealous and thrilled by it.

BillandKateBillandKateabout 2 years ago

WOW! An excellent conclusion to a 5 star trilogy. Every now and then we read a story in Literotica that is true literature - this was one of those, as were the two preceding in the series. Great characters, wonderful plots, an interesting world created and - a happy ending. Thanks.

B&K

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very, very cool!

ribnitinribnitinabout 2 years ago

Well executed, complex story with three dimensional characters

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is one of the best series on the site. Top-notch writing; engaging characters; fundamentally exciting plots. It would make a fine mini series on NetFlix!

TeggeTeggeabout 2 years ago

Yes Banksy, it is a masterpiece!

EspressoBolusEspressoBolusabout 2 years ago

*****

More Adam and Carina stories?

Yes, please!

grogers7grogers7about 2 years ago

Hollywood desperately needs screenplays for good movies that are not Deus ex machina super hero/heroin sequels with predictable plots. This work of art should be seen and heard

ChopinesqueChopinesqueabout 2 years ago

The three parts flowed perfectly. You made this reader suspend skepticism, then care, and even fear for your two lovers in distress, and finally, feel happy for them too. That's how fine a story this is. Thank you!

Cringo31Cringo31about 2 years ago

What a wonderful stiry that had it all, love, betrayal, mystery, crime, sex, and passion. You are a wonderful writer and I hope you can continue Adam’s and Carina’s journey.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is something I only read in published books or watched in Hollywood movies. The best read I could ever find in this site. If I could give you more than 5 stars, I surely would.

Bebop3Bebop3about 2 years ago

A worthy successor to the earlier stories. You are a talent, sir. I look forward to your next story. Please don't make us wait long.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thanks for finishing for us. It’s been a great story to read!

Your atomic communication? Also well done. Adam would be positively pleased.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeabout 2 years ago

Well done!

Not quite as catchy as the two other parts.

But it didn't need be.

It was a beautiful ending to a trilogy.

A very well written story with a great plot.

Fits well among the best best stories here.

All having in common not really being LW stories,

but REALLY needed to be seen and read.

As the Lit. part of Literotica.

Many thanks ThatNewGuy!

Top ratings from me.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

LOVE everything about this series. The characters, topics, pacing...superb. One of the best series on the site. Your skill and style is rare here. I would love to see these stories as a movie or better yet, full length novels. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it and I agree with some of the other comments - definitely a Netflix series waiting to be made

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why?!

Kept reading although skimming thank goodness.

Total crap!!!

She is left alone except Max!!

He dunks and is psycho but doesn't do anything except threaten,?!

He could smuggle gps in coat?

Cops were not tracking him? Etc etc and etc. Fantasy only stretches so far.

Won

green117green117about 2 years ago
The series

started off as flagrant Noir... I mean, that first scene? Really?

And still was Noir, even to this one,,, but she is the one with a past, and no future. He has no future, and a past in the first one - here, he is floating until the end. A bit of swimming, I guess, towards the end.

The end? Pure romance... though the Renaissance Romance topic (search on it) is outside my portfolio, I will say this erudite stuff really gets my juices flowing.

Thanks... Bigly. (snort.)

Green-something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I enjoyed these stories. But I don't understand, why did Adam, Carina, and Mila need to enter witness protection, and give up their lives, if the major criminals were all dead or in prison? Who was left that would have cared enough to hurt them at that point, and what would their motive be for doing so? Why didn't Adam and Carina just go back to the US, with him returning to his job, and her becoming a famous artist?

AngelRiderAngelRiderabout 2 years ago

I started to write my normal and then I realized, "you know what? Stop being a c#nt." I really liked this series. May they live a life of perfect bliss.

JusteenKJusteenKabout 2 years ago

Absolutely love this series of stories and I hope one day you throw the door open and rush straight through it.

LeFrog08LeFrog08about 2 years ago

That was a captivating series.

I’m eagerly awaiting future

works from this author.

The_OutlanderThe_Outlanderabout 2 years ago

Absolutely brilliant!

I loved the whole series, it was fresh and invigorating. I urge you to write more about this couple as this could have many miles more to go, perhaps one case at a time.

teedeedubteedeedubabout 2 years ago

Well, they could raise a truly diabolical child that combined their talents....... Great story. Great series.

dummy2069dummy2069about 2 years ago

Loved the entire series. Great work. Continue Writing.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66about 2 years ago

Wow! This final chapter is magical, and is the perfect ending to this marvelous, unique story. Bravo!!! 5 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

/

Please consider publishing this story as an Amazon Kindle ebook. I’d buy the book! A number of Literotica authors publish on Amazon, including Bebop3 (Jason Caldwell), Cheryl Terra, Nora Fares, Qhml1 (L. Holden Buff), Jezzaz, and Kalimaxos.

NitpicNitpicabout 2 years ago
Very

Very enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Perfect. F——— perfect.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Outstanding. Thank you. KS

kkceohcskkceohcsabout 2 years ago

Very well done! An amazing series. Thanks for sharing.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941about 2 years ago

Great stuff,well written and enthralling

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very enjoyable trilogy. Thank you for the hours of escapism you provided as I thoroughly devoured them. You are a talented writer.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wonderful stuff! Great storyline! Great characters! Great detail!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThatNewGuy@ThatNewGuy
March 13, 2024 My first romance story, Full Circle, has been posted. One of the things I enjoy about Literotica is the chance to explore writing in a variety of genres. I had fun writing this story, and I hope you have fun reading it. Thank you for your support and encourag...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES