Artemis's Capture Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But he never turned around, he just walked casually towards the exit. Artemis didn't move a muscle until she couldn't hear his footsteps anymore. She carefully poked her head around the corner.

If Hades was visiting anyone in Tartarus it had to have been Remus. She lightly crept through the path he had come from. She looked at every door she passed. All of the names were written in the original language, but Artemis could understand enough of it to be able to find his name.

Finally she made it to the very last door. It was smaller than the others, and it looked as old as time. She squinted at the name and to her delight it was Remus. A dusty skeleton key hung underneath his name. So now she knew how to not only get it but also get out. Or at least she hoped.

She took the key and looked behind her one last time. When she saw she was safe she stuck the key in the lock and pushed.

The door was incredibly difficult to open, but she managed to get herself inside. She found herself in a large cave, a river of lava flowing through the center. The door had disappeared, but there was a small keyhole in its place.

She memorized its location and started her way through the cave. She followed the river of lava for quite a long time. She almost lost hope of ever finding him, but after an hour of walking she stopped in a huge cavern, lava bubbling violently.

She heard the echo of someone sobbing and walked into the cavern to see a little boy, swimming in clothing much too big for him. He was sitting in front of the bubbling lava, knees to his chest and hands wiping his blubbering face.

Artemis slowly walked to the little boy. If he were human, he would've looked like he was seven or eight years old. He looked up at her, sniffling as she kneeled next to him. "What's wrong?" she asked in a sympathetic voice.

The little boy wiped his nose and stuttered between tears, "I, I wanna leave. I don't wanna be here anymore."

"How did you get in here?" she asked.

"The man with the blue hair won't let me leave," he cried, burying his face in his knees.

"How long have you been here?"

"Forever."

The sight of the crying boy stung Artemis to the core, and it obviously had to be Remus. Part of her godly responsibilities was protecting the children, especially in Arcadia, and this just broke her heart. She reached out for his hand and said, "I'll take you home."

The little boy took her hand, stumbling clumsily in his oversized clothing. "Home?" he asked, sniffling. "Where's that?"

Artemis squeezed his small hand. "It's where I'm bringing you. Come with me."

Artemis held the boy's hand tightly, walking him through the cave, following the river of lava. After a few minutes she realized he was growing taller the farther they went. She stopped halfway, realizing he looked like he had grown to a teenager, but still barely fitting in his loose clothing, his black hair shaggy in front of his eyes.

"Do I know you?" he asked in a raspy voice. Artemis didn't answer, but kept her tight grip on his hand, pulling him faster through the cave. The heat of the boiling lava making her start to sweat profusely, and she was getting dizzy.

When she stumbled the boy picked her up with his newfound strength. "Where do we go?" he asked, his voice becoming deeper. Artemis pointed in the right direction. They were so close.

When they made it to the end of the cave the young Remus carefully put her down. Artemis scoured the wall of the cave, searching for the keyhole. It was hard to find, in fact if you hadn't known where it was you probably wouldn't be able to find it at all.

Artemis shakily took the skeleton key and gently slid it into the lock. The circular door materialized in the wall. "Come on," she said, reaching out for him.

Remus now looked like a young adult. He was still a foot shy of his real height, and was intimidatingly handsome, though he did look boyish. He took her arm and pulled her to his chest, looking at her with eager eyes, wide and happy.

"I don't know who you are, but I feel like you're important, or I care about you," he said, and lifted her above the ground, planting his lips on hers. Artemis's eyes practically bulged open. The passion behind the kiss was indescribable, stirring confusing feelings inside of Artemis.

When he parted his lips from her, he gently ran his thumb over her bottom lip. His expression was none that she had seen from him previously. He looked ready for the future, excited for more. The Remus she knew was so hardened and pessimistic.

He put her down delicately and took her hand in his. "Let's go," he said with a hopeful smile. Artemis nodded and they pulled the heavy door open together. Artemis got out first, but the moment Remus stepped through the doorway he was full size.

He started to panic as Artemis closed the door, scrambling to the wall of the cave. "What the fuck happened? What was that, where am I?" Artemis put her hand on his mouth in attempt to silence him.

Remus's eyes were wildly looking around them, trying to recall what had happened. He grabbed Artemis's wrist, removing her hand from his mouth.

"Hermes is waiting outside, we have to go right now."

Remus quickly realized where they were and held tight on her wrist. "Just follow me," he said, directing her through the tunnels. They didn't slow down, in fact the farther they walked the faster they went.

Anytime they thought they heard something other than the screaming echoing through the tunnels, they threw themselves against the walls, trying to blend in with the shadows. The smell of everything burning stung her nose, her eyes watered from the dangerous heat. Even the walls themselves were hot.

Remus stopped to scoop her up, throwing her over his shoulder and dashing through the maze of tunnels. He was impervious to the heat, but he knew she wasn't.

As they neared the exit, they felt a rush of cool air. Remus had to abruptly stop from taking them over the edge of the cliff. He backed up and dropped her carefully to the ground. "Alright Artemis please tell me you have a plan," he said while trying to catch his breath.

Out of the dark sky came Hermes, looking flustered. He snatched them both by the arms and without a word flew them through his private portal. Being the messenger of the gods, he had some tricks of his own as well.

When they escaped the darkness, Hermes landed them on a far planet, dropping them in a golden field. When all three were standing, Remus's black eyes were still wild and confused. He grabbed Artemis by the shoulders and looked down on her. "Hades is going to keep coming for me, he's never going to stop. We can't keep doing this. We can't keep running. This needs to stop this forever, we have to find a way."

"Persephone is here." Hermes said seriously. "We just have to find Persephone, if we do maybe she can help us. The only thing more powerful than Hades is her, he'll do anything she says. It's a long shot but it's worth a try, right?"

Artemis nodded, slowly recovering from the heat. "Definitely."

"Okay, well, Remus and I will wait here but I think she's just in the next field over. The really tall one, don't get lost."

Artemis wiped the sweat from her face and bravely made her way through the tall grass, looking back only once to see the two from a distance. Adrenaline coursed through her veins. She was ready to end this.

Artemis was in awe at how beautiful everything was as she pushed past the tall grass. It reminded her of Pan's home. Full of flowers, butterflies and sunlight. Little critters scurried on the ground, not frightened of her in the slightest. The more she walked the livelier everything became.

She saw what looked like a clearing and began to push past the golden plants. In the center of the clearing was Persephone herself, sitting on a marble bench and weaving flowers together in her hands.

She was not the nicest of gods, but she wasn't unfair either. But Artemis had been close with her in the past, so there was hope.

She wore a long lavender dress, her auburn hair flowing down her back. Everywhere she went, there was life. She was the complete opposite of Hades.

"Hey Artemis," she said in a friendly voice. "Why don't you come sit with me?"

"I will, thank you," Artemis replied, sitting next to her on the elegantly carved marble.

"Well, what can I do for you? You must be here for a good reason," she said, not looking up from her weaving.

"I need a favor," Artemis said, shifting nervously. Persephone had been a really good friend, but after marrying Hades she only got to see her so often. She knew what kind of power she had over Hades, so she did not interfere lightly.

"Is this about that Titan?" she asked with a sigh.

"Yes."

"You mean the man who, let's face it, stripped away everything you are? You're so naïve, you're better off with him gone. You should know better. I fully support his punishment in Tartarus. I thought you had more respect for yourself."

Artemis huffed. "You're going to judge me? Did Hades not do the same thing? He tricked you. And he changed you too, so I don't see why this is any different."

Persephone stopped her weaving, looking up to Artemis with a stern expression. "At least Hades is an Olympian."

Artemis had to restrain herself from slapping her. "If you were ever a friend to me before, then you'll do this for me."

There was a silence for a moment, neither removed their gaze between them. Persephone scoffed at her and said, "Fine. This is the only favor you will get from me. After this you're on your own. Bring me Hermes."

Artemis sighed in relief, standing up from the marble bench. "Thanks Persephone. I owe you one."

Persephone huffed and continued her weaving. "I still think it's a bad idea."

Hermes and Remus had been quietly standing next to each other, not a word passed the entire time Artemis was gone. Soon she came out from the brush, so exhausted she was just barely able to walk. "Hermes, Persephone wants you. Thank you."

"Good luck," Hermes said as he floated in Persephone's direction.

Remus was twitching and tense, still in a daze. Artemis rested herself against his side, holding his arm to not fall. "What now?" he said nervously.

Artemis took a deep breath and replied, "Home." Remus nodded and took his wrist in her hand, shakily snapping his fingers.

He took them right back to the castle, appearing in one of the long hallways. Remus led her to his bedroom, stumbling in a mixture of exhaustion and pain. He closed the door and locked it.

Artemis had to help him into the bed, but he was much too heavy for her. But she managed to get him at least face down in the blankets. She sat next to him and pulled him onto his back.

"Fuck," he groaned, barely able to move his own body. "What happened?"

Artemis pulled off his boots, which proved to be somewhat difficult. "What do you mean? Do you not remember me finding you?"

Remus winced, trying to dig into his memories, but he had lost time. "I don't remember anything. I just remember how it felt. I can still feel it."

Artemis laid next to him, falling onto the bed of furs. "Everything's fine now," she said, turned on her side.

Remus struggled to get his shirt off, his limbs pretty much useless. "Damnit," he growled, freeing himself and tossing the dirty shirt on the floor. His mind raced, trying to go through all of the events that had passed, and what happened during that missing time.

Artemis could tell he was still panicking, even though he remained still. "Are you okay?" she asked in a whisper. Remus gave a long sigh and took her arm, pulling her on top of him so she was straddling him, hands and head pressed against his hard chest. His fingers curled through her long hair, pushing it out of her pale face.

"I am now. Thanks for finding me." Remus managed to prop himself up on one forearm, his other hand cupping her face softly. His thumb pressed gently on her lower lip as he stared deep into her wide eyes, with an expression she couldn't read.

"Come here," he said, gently pushing the back of her head so their lips could meet. His movements weren't aggressive or rough, but tender and soft. His lips wrapped her in a kiss that inspired warmth and comfort.

His hands met her hips, caressing her porcelain skin and moving them to her chest. "What do you want?" he asked in a low, quiet voice. He cupped her silky breasts, using his thumbs to trace small circles around her nipples. "I'll give you anything, I promise. Just tell me what you want."

"Anything?" she replied, letting her eyes shut as she took in all of the addictive sensations being given to her.

"Anything, I swear."

Artemis looked up at him, her green eyes shining. "Could you, you know, be a little gentler with me?"

"As you wish," he replied softly.

Artemis could feel his cock start to stiffen through his pants underneath her as he teased her, letting his hands glide gently over her body.

He laid his hands on her hips, just barely letting his cock slide against her moistening slit. It started to throb as it became harder, eager for more but his aggressive urges subsided. Her hips matched his movements, pressing harder against him.

When Artemis couldn't stand it any longer, she sat up and unbuckled his belt, undoing his pants and letting his hard cock free. Remus moaned as she directed him between her legs, the head pressing against her slick opening.

He leaned back and watched her tease herself, just barely letting his cock slip inside of her. He put his hands on her hips, gently coaxing her to take him deeper.

As she filled herself completely Remus lifted his hips to her, giving slow but deliberate thrusts. He snaked his hand through her hair and pulled her in for another breath-takingly passionate kiss, his fingers pinching her nipple while she lowered herself on his cock.

Remus's thrusts started to become harder, but he kept a steady pace, matching with her breath. It wasn't painful or forceful, he followed what her body wanted.

Artemis let her hips move on their own, taking him how she wanted. Her legs completely fell open to him, her desire for him growing stronger until it almost became painful. An indescribable rush of pleasure coursed through her body.

Remus came with her as her pussy tightened around him, the euphoria so strong his grip on her hips got stronger, but his nails didn't dig into her skin. In fact it felt good.

Artemis smiled as she caught her breath. She gently put her hand on his cheek while he was still panting, loosening his grip on her.

Remus looked up and met her eyes. "I love you," he said softly.

Artemis laughed and patted his cheek. "You're absolutely insane."

Remus blushed, but broke out in a grin. "I'm aware."

*At the end of the universe*

Remus and Artemis sat side by side on what was their favorite planet's rings, consisting of clouds of ice, rocks and floating clouds of dust. The actual planet was just made of gas, but the intense variety of colors were exquisite.

"I know we're going to die, but it's so beautiful," Artemis remarked, leaning against Remus's shoulder.

Star after star slowly evaporated, turning into golden glittering dust before completely disappearing. The blanket of darkness crept creeping closer, taking everything with it.

"I wonder if we'll meet again the next time around," she sighed.

Remus rested his head on hers. "I didn't put that curse on you just for fun. Remember? I'll always know where you are. And After the universe is eaten up and we're reborn again, I'll find you."

"But you won't remember me. I won't remember you."

"That doesn't matter. I'll still find you. When you're away from me I can feel it, like there's something missing, and I desperately need to find it. The hairs on the back of my neck raise, and my chest feels warm. There's no way I will ignore that call."

Remus wrapped his arms around her and squeezed while she rested against his chest, falling into the warm embrace. "I love you," she whispered.

Remus kissed her on the top of her head one last time as the darkness finally reached, their bodies quickly dissolving into clouds of golden light sparkling brightly, then into nothing at all.

*After the rebirth of the universe*

Remus emptied the water out of his boots, grumbling and cursing. He managed to escape his fiery prison and climb aboard a ship at night. The ship's crew seemed rather oblivious. He hid under the small staircase, water dripping through the cracks of the steps onto his damp head.

But this would all be worth it, once he got to where he was going. Unfortunately, he didn't know exactly where that was, but he had to follow this feeling. It's what drew him out of the Underworld. It's what kept him going through all of the horrors he had seen and endured. It wasn't a voice, he had no idea who or what he was chasing. There was a magnet in his chest being drawn, a force so strong it was impossible to ignore.

Remus smiled to himself, despite having to sit in a puddle of grey water. He was free, and he was going to find whatever was calling him. Maybe he was crazy, maybe it was fate. Either way he wasn't going to stop until he found it.

12