All Comments on 'Artiface of Strength Ch. 13'

by SisterRobin

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
FaireSansaFaireSansaabout 8 years ago
Good, until...

Well, what do I say here? I've loved this story, even with its minor bias against white people. It's always earned my highest rating that I give to any story I like. This chapter, though, was so saturated with hate for not just white people, but also America in general that it was painful to read. I wish people would stop doing that. It helps no one to continue spreading hate. Stop looking at the color of skin and start looking at the quality of the individual's character instead. Those of the human race who are alive today are not responsible for the actions of those people of the past. Don't give in to racial rhetoric!

I'm hoping the next chapter takes a decided turn away from this hatred. It has been such a great story that I really dislike seeing it mar what could be such a lovely story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you.

I like your way of ordering things.

Characters 1st etc.

Made for some very good reading.

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
hear, hear!

what FaireSansa said. like two subjects you never talk about at the dinner table, politics and religion should be left out of a good story lest they color it. yes they can enhance it in a general fashion, as demonstrated by this story's shaman, but this chapter was incongrous with its very personal dislike of white people and preppers.

jpz007ahrenjpz007ahrenabout 8 years ago
Loved it!

Perfectly well done bit of crazy people throughout. People that naysay aren't paying nearly enough attention. It was stated that the militias that hate people, hated people and went a bit crazy in their craziness. It also spoke about a SINGLE quasi-Christian minister going batshit and a chunk of people following him. Now I ask you, where is the hate for 'white people'? Cause I don't see it. I think its not only reasonable but even a bit lax to think that only one minister would go absolutely insane about the Weres. If anything this story showed an enormous amount of restraint and common sense for us dumb panicky cattle. 'Murica, fuck yeah? idts

I have no doubt the ending will be satisfactory. Thank you for this story.

trrgrhppytrrgrhppyabout 8 years ago
Screw Fruit

This story is a great one, and fruit is not enough for you ending it. How about a fighter wing? Fully Armed...

txcrackertxcrackerabout 8 years ago
Excellent ! As Usual

I kinda like what trrgrhppy said about the fruit . As far as the 'Hate' end of the other analyses I tend to disagree . What I saw was a 'People' being taken advantage of and there being a faction of this nation thinking that they (the rogues ) had all the answers to the problems . Not giving the others (the rest of this nation ) an opportunity to see anything but the gore . Given the Weres belief in family that was an outright shame . But the U S Governments has a track record of not keep treaties ( only the ones that they think are to their advantage ) . So 'the People ' have every right to be cautious . I am glad that John & Beth are still alive though. They will be an excellent rallying point. The others i.e Will & Flo , Jefferson etc. have a tough roe to hoe.

This story got a 5* rating as did most of the others so GREAT SERIES ! Waiting with bated breath for the final chapter .

Thanks again for your gift .

tx cracker

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 8 years ago
Weird plot twists.

This whole uprising plot seems to have come out of left field. It seems like you said, let's kill them here to get a big reaction, then we'll bring them back... then let's add something dramatic here... etc. The story doesn't flow in the way it did in the beginning, which makes it much less enjoyable.

SisterRobinSisterRobinabout 8 years agoAuthor
Feefback

I always enjoy getting feedback, and to be completely honest, I think I enjoy the negative feedback more... But let me explain the whats and whys of what I've written.

John Billington, Samoset, and Tisquantum are, or were, real people. Google them. This novel was written as an alternate history story. So for these characters, the European destruction of their culture was a personal thing. Not something that they could just say, "that was a long time ago"... They lived through it and it marked them.

Most of the Were here are Native American, and old... They remember.

Ja-mul has their memories and wants to get a fair deal...finally... For the people. He is a repository for the aboriginal culture. He knows all the languages and represents a very real deity who wants part of her land back.

As far as being anti-white goes. Well, I'm mostly white, but these characters are not, and they think as any defeated populace does.

Written for effect? I don't know... Maybe. I do know this. I had this ending before I ever started, and I've tried to foreshadow this war since page one. I think it fits, war disrupts happiness, and spoils your day.

At any rate, thanks for the comments everyone!

Chapter 14 is short... And done... More of an epilogue.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
it's 2 am now in my world

As i was saying it's 2 am in my world now, my name is Robert and I have loved this story since I first started reading it . I'm tired now so I will write you a better note letter some time tomorrow oh yah it's already tomorrow LOL.. I promise, my words hold true as the breath leaves my lips so to does my soul..so until then be well my friend

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Google is Your Friend...

Perhaps the Canadian PRIME MINISTER should call the White House to speak with the Governor of the United States? ;)

The 10 Premiers are the people leading the party with heading the governments of the 10 Provinces.

Other than that...good read so far.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous