All Comments on 'As Big as the Moon'

by SouthernCrossfire

Sort by:
  • 43 Comments
rflikeslitrflikeslit3 months ago

Thank you excellent

dwoelfledwoelfle3 months ago

Very well done. I love the characters and how they develop. Thank you.

bigbob2406bigbob24063 months ago

A great story!! Very many thanks

.

des911des9113 months ago

Lovely sweet romance. Very nicely done. Thank you

MVarroMVarro3 months ago

I sure hope this will win the contest, 5*

Frankenstein1962Frankenstein19623 months ago

Love it. Great characters. Great story. Thanks for sharing it with us. Cheers. Frankie

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Very nice story but it seems almost like a travelogue with dozens of references to towns, cities, festivals etc. Could have shortened things up considerably by ditching them. Otherwise I enjoyed it. Good luck in the contest.

WantingToWriteGoodWantingToWriteGood3 months ago

Great story. Well written with that perfect "feel good" ending.

RolwageRolwage3 months ago

Beautiful story. Thank you.

RanDog025RanDog0253 months ago

Beautiful story! 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE STARS! Thanks.

Cali_LoveCali_Love3 months ago

When I saw a Southern Crossfire romance pop up this morning, I knew I had no chance of any productivity today and dove in. I didn’t have to get too far into it before I thought, uh oh, a truck-stop pickup of someone down on their luck and the knight in shining armor savior romance. I’ve read that before (haven’t we all?). Only this was done right. This is the way to write it. Bravo. Then, when he races to the bus station, another uh oh, are we going to have a simple Hallmark-like ending?! No. Again, it was written the right way and the complication/conflict continued. Excellent. Bravely written, and I wish I could do it that well. Then, all the other elements that many Anons fail to recognize: great character development, fun situations, and technically written sans flaws (not even little ticky-tack editing errors, what?!). Concluding with a supremely satisfying ending plus a properly paced leadup to it, that will keep the grin on my face the rest of the day (and probably tomorrow). A very heartfelt thank you to the author for the effort and for sharing. 5*

pepepilotpepepilot3 months ago

I spent my day unproductively reading a story that I couldn't put down. Well developed and well written. Anyone that doesn't read this story has missed a great chance to see literary excellence. 5+ stars for me also.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc3 months ago

Always the soft landing and frequently with your endings I have tears running down my cheeks. Couple editing misses this time, but great story from start to finish. 4.9*

Bronco56Bronco563 months ago

That was a great love story.

5stars

chick2206chick22063 months ago

good story though i still would not take someone home with me like this

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit3 months ago

Very good story. I know it was a lot of words, but wasn’t long to read. Thanks for sharing, I really enjoyed reading this one.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste3 months ago

Definite five-stars, and deserves many more.

offkilter123offkilter1233 months ago

This is the type of premise that I despise. A lonely guy white knights his way into a girls heart. The problem is, that in the real world this never ends well for the guy. One of my hard and fast rules has always been never get involved with a woman whose problems are worse than your own. A women in distress that lacks the resources or wherewithal to take care of herself is not, and will never be a good life partner.

Your story is well written and I am generally a fan of your work but this one…no thanks.

technofrog2002technofrog20023 months ago

I loved it and I’m perplexed with the naysayers. It had great character development, enough angst to keep you hanging on for a wonderful heartfelt ending. As usual your writing skills are top notch. A big 5🌟!!

BlueFox007BlueFox0073 months ago

What a wonderful, romantic story one week before Valentines Day. I’m at our cabin in the forest and on the lake with my high school sweetheart, my wife, the mother of our children, my best friend. I loved this story and will share it with my sweetheart. Thank you for writing. 5*.

ender2k2kender2k2k3 months ago

Great story. Thanks

SmuttyandfunSmuttyandfun3 months ago

A lovely romance. I knew they'd work it out. Well done!

inka2222inka22223 months ago

Sorry, 3 stars. You managed to make me really dislike that woman and I don't think she'd be a good wife for him. She's a user and a flake, selfish and not very considerate. Wouldn't be surprised if she'd be cheating on him once married. Too bad she wasted all the time money and effort of the guy she was engaged to but at least he escaped intact, thankfully.

alwayshomealwayshome3 months ago

Wow, what a lovely story

Comentarista82Comentarista823 months ago

I adored the story. I can certainly buy how Jamie and Keith ended up together, although there were a few speed bumps along the way that concerned me.

***

While I can buy some random girl being left at a gas station / truck stop, and it had more or less a plausible explanation.. I don't know if I really buy that despite his contradictions and denials that some random female would be willing to play the part of his Valentine date. I do buy the fact that they had something special together, and to have somehow dismiss that or had me doubts was something that despite their lives circumstances of the moment.. was something both should have pursued. I love the mom telling Keith to chase after her, but I thought it was truly finished when he didn't find her. So when he came back across her in a Nashville hospital of all places, the independent probability of two people once again stumbling across each other is so astronomical that I would just say I really lean farther to the side of that it never would have happened. I can certainly appreciate her wanting to take it slow the second time, and they did a good job with that. What's really concerned me is that they could have still called say something like once a month, written letters to each other, and even a little later kept up through basic email. I definitely understand Jamie not wanting to burden him with what she thought was a horrible life because I've been there and I've done kind of that exact same thing, but not with a romantic interest, because of the time there weren't any in my life. However I did do it with a couple of close friends, and it was exceptionally stupid of me to do. Thankfully my friends hung around and stayed patient with me so yes, I can definitely say this is a very realistic reaction, but she should have at least let him have some level of contact with her too over the years.

***

Overall, the story is very engaging, it presents largely plausible events in many different settings.. and with the exception of a few things that even under best of circumstances kind of hang the story up, there's nothing wrong with the execution of it in terms of in general; you certainly write it and take a very good approach to it grammatically to where it's smooth as silk to read; there are certainly a lot of cute episodes between interactions with the mom, the dad, and even with key siblings when he first brings her home. I would love to rate it higher, but I think this is just one that for better for worse, I'm going to have to rate a 4.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy3 months ago

Delightful story! I wish that the narrator's mother had lived long enough to see him married.

5

corrytonmancorrytonman3 months ago
5 Stars

If I could give you more, I would! This is very similar to the story of me and my wife. And we've been married for 35 years so far!

Bronco56Bronco563 months ago

Excellent story

JoshFrom53JoshFrom533 months ago

I really love slowburn stories with a twist and SouthernCrossfire is a master in this genre. I enjoyed reading it thoroughly. Twice already. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Fantastic. You did not disappoint.

EmotionalEmotional3 months ago

Great story as always

woodrangewoodrange3 months ago

the first of your works that i have read.5 stars great story

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith3 months ago

Beautiful ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Peapod41Peapod413 months ago

A well-told, believable "feel-good" story of love requited!

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfour3 months ago

I always look forward to your stories!

Well written and an enjoyable read!

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Consistently good author, giving us a well thought out story with interesting characters.

oldmanbill69oldmanbill693 months ago

Love a love story!

Comentarista82Comentarista823 months ago

SC:

***

I wanted to again congratulate you on a very solid story, and it looked like you had a chance to place.. but for whatever reason it didn't happen. I'll just say that I enjoyed the story and I'm shocked that it didn't go a little higher but I've noticed some things that in general have bothered me in this one competition out of all the ones I voted for since I've been at the site.. which has been since something around 2014.

***

The biggest thing that bothers me - - and I know you had nothing to do with this-- is that this is the first contest that I voted in where I've been noticing when I went to check back in with the stories I commented and voted on.. I see my rating gone. So sometime between 6 days ago and when this contest concluded my vote was removed? I know no author has the ability to do that, and I don't think many authors would complain about receiving a four anyway.., but this is really weird, and I'm starting to understand why about five authors that I personally know from the site don't compete in many of these competitions - - if at all- - anymore kind of because of this. In fact one told me that he basically publishes content elsewhere and then on rare occasions comes back here to maybe enter a contest.. and I remember I thought his comment to me was so odd that well yeah, if it does well great, if it doesn't I'm over it. Now I'm starting to think I know what he means and why he left. I certainly hope other users didn't find their votes go missing like I have. I mean when I vote legitimately for a story and leave a detailed comment, or leave a comment at all ... I'm really at a loss when I come back and find the stars are blank as if I never voted.

***

I wanted to encourage you, especially because I saw two other stories from I guess perhaps newer authors that didn't get the attention they should have because they were newer? That got a decent amount of traffic, but really got overlooked. Now you did better in comments and probably voting than they did of course, but I just want to say that historically I can't think of a single story of yours that I haven't enjoyed, and that I haven't been impressed with at least on some level. I hope to see more stories from you, because I think this was the first story of yours I've seen in several months? Perhaps you had more and just got lost in the shuffle, but by all means please keep delivering content, because your stories make me think, and that is exactly the kind of story I like to dig my teeth into, because frankly anymore I'm finding stories that don't hook me in the beginning, or that commit so many different kinds of mistakes that they turn me off.. so when I read one that flows smoothly as one of yours, and I'm like this is such a smooth read... I feel kind of ashamed that perhaps maybe I've not commented on something like that for, because I don't think I have always. For that I'm asking forgiveness, because it's something I should have said every time I read one of your stories. Thanks so much for your entry, and keep plugging away!

Eir1kurEir1kur3 months ago

Just outstanding!

KenfromIndyKenfromIndy3 months ago

Well.written story! A pleasure to read and enjoyable and entertaining. All marks achieved especially since placed in romance so knew it would have a happy ending! No complaints only compliments of the writing, storyline and dialogue. Well written scenes and plots, I couldn’t ask for more if I had purchased the story!! 5 stars earned.

librertinlibrertin3 months ago

Μister I ain't close on being a southerner myself but your story made me wish I were! I know it's a Valentine Romance that would inevitably mash on a bad streak of events before a happy ending but still followed through like a prize gelding on the fair show field! 5 stars not close enough to show how I enjoyed yer story, only bad thing was that was so immersing, that I couldn't "take things at hand" in the most steaming parts and ended embarassing myself when wife asked why i keep arranging my pants! I don't know if my last part of the comment is criticism or congratulating to be frank!

kaotic2kaotic23 months ago

I enjoyed this a lot. Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSouthernCrossfire@SouthernCrossfire
4/4/24 Update: "Crossed Paths," a story of old friends reuniting, was recently published for the Wicked Games challenge, in which everything isn't as it seems. Hope you'll read and enjoy! If you're looking for something older, you might try "The Valentine's Dance," a late 1...

SIMILAR Stories