All Comments on 'Ashes to Ashes Ch. 01'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 183 Comments
mordbrandmordbrandover 4 years ago
The old blackmail tale

If she was fucking dumb enough to not immediately go to her husband and tell him what happened, instead letting herself be 'forced' to fuck and suck the swamp for a year, she deserves no consideration.

Gonna hold off scoring this, because there is always that chance a blackmail btb will end in a RAAC. I doubt this author will do that, but holding my judgement till this is over.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Interesting

Certainly a different take. Would love to see where this goes.

chytownchytownover 4 years ago
A Different Type Storyline****

Very interesting BTB story. Looking forward to Ch. 02. Thanks for sharing.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
Very nice

Definitely enjoyed this one. I’m glad it doesn’t end here. ;0)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
its' funny how cheaters think while they're cheating its'ok

but when caught they can't cope.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Total bullshit

You changed the story in the middle!

First, she treats husband like a servant and cuckold. She was degrading him and enjoying doing it. She was laughing about it behind his back and having a passionate affair with Doug. Then, suddenly, she is only doing it because she is being blackmailed.

She suddenly defies her black mailers, after fucking them all for a week????? She was ok with it all week, and ignored her hubby. She did not even call.Then she has this miraculous change of heart and we learn she is being blackmailed.

Sigh.

Just horrible. Nothing fits.

ColinthedogColinthedogover 4 years ago
This is promising to be

your best yet

dwbdazdwbdazover 4 years ago
Nice

Looking forward to the next chapter. Great start. Hopefully the politicians and other shits get f’ed bug league.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 4 years ago
Great Beginning

I wish you would have posted the entire story. Gave it a 5.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
Want to see what happens next

Now this is how you put a marriage to bed

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Why break it up? post the whole thing and why do you all have the husband telling their children to support their mother?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
A marriage ends not with a bang but a whimper.

Blackmail, not talking, disrespect and she enjoyed it.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Great start

Looking like another Saddletramp classic coming up. I really enjoyed your first chapter as I don't think anything is dirtier and more underhanded as politics. The way she was talking with Doug, I wasn't expecting a blackmail scenario.Maybe there's a bit of Stockholm Syndrome going on with her blackmailers that can explain that. I'm looking forward to see how John goes forward and gets a piece of all the big dogs responsible for destroying his marriage. A much needed relief from the recent mediocrity in LW.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

I really enjoyed it! Looking forward to chapter 2.

I have no sympathy for April, or any wives dumb enough to submit to blackmail. She was drugged into giving someone a naked lapdance... which John would have easily forgiven as it wasn't her fault.

Instead, she willingly becomes a whore for five guys? After all the bitching, the disrespect, and feeding her husband cream pies, that vile cunt needs to be utterly destroyed.

etchiboyetchiboyover 4 years ago
It’d been better to just dump the coffin in the hole.

So far so good.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsover 4 years ago
Super!

Keep up the revenge! Burn them all.

Bebop3Bebop3over 4 years ago
What?

Why did the two guys trying to get on Drudge send him the video? Wasn't there an excellent chance that he would use it and preempt their attempts?

He effectively lets her know at the speech that he's suspicious. She mentions that... and then goes and fucks someone else the same night. Is she a congenital idiot?

"She noticed the changes in her husband, but thought it was just from the stress of his business." Uhm, he outright told her that he thought she was cheating. Is this further confirmation of a double digit IQ?

ju8streadingju8streadingover 4 years ago

got to see how he makes those bastards pay for this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Burn the Bitch. She has no respect for her mate.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Hmm...

OK, I know it happens; spouses cheat and people can be trapped in to doing things they don't want. But to do this to a US Congress woman? I can see her having an affair with a staffer or a colleague. But her doing half of DC for over a year? I just think the scope of her escapades is over the top.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Perfectly Wonderful

Excellent Start

OaksfineOaksfineover 4 years ago
Another classic

Another classic from the great author saddletramp1956 love the rise of the BTB meter as the hubby John goes from clueless to pissed cuck in no time fly. Keep em coming

cbrooks122000cbrooks122000over 4 years ago
Great story

Great story look forward to next instalment.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 4 years ago
While the idea was a good one, . . .

. . . there were some problems in execution. Why didn’t she bolt from the party as soon as she saw what he was planning? How could a savvy congresswench not have been certain her husband knew from his behavioral clues? She had mostly cut off sex with him, but later it was indicated that she was giving him sloppy seconds all the time, and maybe even feeding him cream pies, and then, at the beginning of page three, she was musing privately that she loved him, had been forced into this, and wanted to break off the affair and make up with her husband.

These things don’t go together. It was as though this was written over time, and you forgot what you had written before.

There is a larger moral to this story: when a woman becomes more powerful than her husband, there will always be a bit of respect that she loses for him. I’d be surprised if there were ANY congresswomen who were in their third or greater terms who hadn’t cheated on their husbands, just as I’d be surprised if there are any congressmen who haven’t screwed around on their wives. Power is an aphrodisiac and power corrupts.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Best btb ever

The title says it all. 10 Stars if possible

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Like it

But hope he will look at her side

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
lol

Hopefully John finds someone new on his world cruise.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks for sharing..

Now that's a foundation, what a build-up, what a cliffhanger..Brutal. looking forward to the conclusion. sometimes i think your stories might benefit from a bit of humour, just to quell the heart rate to under 120:)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Seems odd

When she was found out at the fundraiser she wasn't unwilling. She was an active participant wanting to leave with her paramour. The texts he found showed her complicit in his humiliation by feeding him another man's cum. You made her into a terrible person that she was.

Then all of a sudden she's being blackmailed? You showed her with no remorse and then without explanation you changed her into a victim after setting up that story line with the private investigator. Wasn't subtle and doesn't jive with the beginning. She was not being blackmailed at the fundraiser!

You've already telegraphed the RAAC so get on with it.

I gave you 4 stars buts that was generous.

MichaelFitzgeraldMichaelFitzgeraldover 4 years ago
I want to go to this funeral!

Hope there’s a wake afterwards. Really funny. And original. Good job.

justwetwojustwetwoover 4 years ago
Everyone's a victim

Great start! They both felt trapped and had to do extraordinary things to get free. It will be interesting to see who feels trapped in the upcoming bits.

statestreetstatestreetover 4 years ago
I like it so far!

I enjoyed the "funeral" set up by John. I can't recall a similar reaction to a cheating spouse in any of the other stories I've read. Instead of agonizing and trying to salvage what is beyond repair, John decides to put a very public end to the farce. April is politically burnt toast, Doug Simpson's political life will take a huge hit and I can't wait to hear about the senior politicians and their aide(s) who will also pay. Please do not water down the remaining story! Thank you and Ch. 01 earns 5 *s from me!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Riddance

Hope she stays at the grave site for days and dies of hypothermia and dehydration.

Part 2 should say she dies and they exhume the coffin and throw her in it and rebury it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Great start

To what will hopefully continue to be a fantastic story!

Redo1984Redo1984over 4 years ago
Entertaining!

You kinda lost me when she was a willing participant at her speech and then all of sudden it’s blackmail and she has a conscience. But I still enjoyed it. Burn baby burn!

🤘

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is how you use politics to add to a story.

Thank you saddletramp for showing us how to write a story where politics contributes to the progression of the story. This doesn’t come across a some little whiny bitch complaining. Another recent author could learn from you. I’m not adverse to having politics in a story as long as it contributes to the progression in a realistic way. So far I’m enjoying the story, the “funeral” was a little weird but it works for a story. I’m looking forward to reading the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

keep it going want to know what happens to all the men who blackmailed her and see if they can get past it and back with each other or not

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Kudos

A good start to a timely story. Given the rank distrust of any and all elected officials of whatever stripe and people’s immense impotent frustration frustration with those same politicians, this story should resonate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Why call it chapter 1

And indicate more to follow? It seems like a fine ending as it is... the price of selfishness and the greed for power brought the inconsiderate slut down. No reason to continue... any story about either main character would really be a new one.

Wonderman1Wonderman1over 4 years ago
GREAT STORY

Very interesting story. I love the fact we can get revenge on people in Washington. Sometimes I wish we could flush them all. I love the hypocrisy that is so prevalent there. Thanks for a great story and look forward to the next chapter.

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Wow!! What a first chapter!

saddletramp1956

I totally enjoyed this first chapter of your tale. Your plot was well thoughtout and executed. You managed to produce central characters of substance so that we actually care what happens to them. Looking forward to the next installment!

xtchrxtchrover 4 years ago
It Didn't Sound Like Blackmail!

So she was blackmailed into having sex with a whole bunch of men. I have to tell you, it sure didn't sound like blackmail when she first met Doug behind the curtain at the fundraiser. I had to go back and reread that and it sure didn't sound like she was very reluctant.

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 4 years ago
Good and bad.

It's a good idea for a plot.

The problem is that the plot is unbelievable.

People in public office have to protect their image.

It's a must in their job.

The plot ignores that.

Sex in front of open curtains, cheating or not,

is a no no.

As is adulterous public affections and/or talk.

The blackmail part is thin too.

High stakes for the guys for a 40+ year old pussy,

don't you think?

Not to mention the wife's part in it.

No, the plot would be much more credible

if the wife wanted the adulterous sex.

So the plot gets no points from me.

But the idea and some mighty fine writing

lifts my ratings up to 3 out of 5.

P.S. The cum eating part is, of course,

the writer's decision,

but it doesn't make the wife look like a victim of blackmail,

does it?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
The only people

who could enjoy this mess have had it happen to them.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Great start

Something new.

Thanks

Greyheaded1Greyheaded1over 4 years ago
Well done - why continue?

You must plan a long road to RAAC

Please don’t

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Can't wait for the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
possibilities

I was sure this would turn out to be a BTB tale, but the continuation brings out all kinds of possibilities It is a great stand alone story, but just think of the future - confess all and save the marriage, she gets vengeful and attacks his business, bring the entire administration down and on and on. GREAT READ

OldNewAuthorOldNewAuthorover 4 years ago
Very creative ceremony

Well thought end of marriage ceremony, eager to see where their lives go next!

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1over 4 years ago
Silly

First lady arrested? Speaker of house too? Silly. The absurd death of marriage ceromony was just stupid. She would have been warned and not shown up. And who would arrange a ceremony like that? If you were a child of the couple would you not do anything to prevent it? There was good, bones of a story, but the over the top things makes it a 3 star at best.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Thoughts

"expect him to wait on her hand and foot" - Who cares what she "expects?" Tel her to fuck off and do it herself.

"he decided he wouldn’t move on the basis of a rumor" - Rumors? After what he heard from their own lips?

"Photographic proof?" - Those texts aren't enough? Too many stories have enough proof, yet the husband just HAS to get photos and/or videos.

"And the rents there are outrageous.” - Well, that's a moot point since she already has an apartment.

"tears falling down her cheek." - Why the the fuck is she crying? We know she doesn't give a shit, except for keeping her affairs out of the papers!

It doesn't matter about no-fault or whether he can LEGALLY use it. As long as he can't keep a leash on the bloggers, just the threat of leaking the video should get him a divorce on his terms.

Ah, the old "blackmail" excuse. First, that assumes that she did something that she could be blackmailed for, and second, as he said, she could/should have come to him, even if the blackmail involved her cheating.

Who cares about "waking her up" if the marriage is dead?

Heh, they're always "planning to put an end to it," when it's too late,

So, rather than reveal a strip-tease and a naked lap dance, she fucks all and sundry? Why do MORE under threat of blackmail than what you're being blackmailed for?

NOW, her marriage means so much? Too bad it didn't the first time they tried to blackmail her!

Sorry, no need for a Chapter Two, this should end it. Where can a Chapter Two go except for a forced reconciliation because she was blackmailed?

SanzegoSanzegoover 4 years ago
Wonderful

I enjoyed the way you built your characters, making each one true to their nature..., all except for the wife. There is more to her story I think. That fact that this chapter is such a strong foundation means you can take this story almost anywhere you want it to go. Good job. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

BeBopper99BeBopper99over 4 years ago
3* Nothing New Here, Folks!

Typical wimpy obtuse husband who for a year couldn't figure that his wife was a lying, cheating, slut-whore. He cries a lot as per the stereotypical LW cuck husband. The melodramatic funeral was original, but it was also an overblown end. It would have been better if the scandal went world-wide as she was banging one of her pervert political allies and the media was outside their hotel room. It is still hard to find a strong, manly, tough LW author who doesn't use man-crying as a device. The few men who I know were cheated on actually displayed extreme anger, not crying like a 13-year old girl.

ChagrinedChagrinedover 4 years ago
Okay...

You got a five for that one, ST! Don't mess this up. :-) The beginning was great, imaginative, and very timely. Not sure I got the reference to the First Lady being a traitor though. You think Melania is a traitress? :-)

I hope Chapter 2 is as good.

Best regards,

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Interesting plot twist.

1. A little melodramatic and rushed at the end.

2. I also get tired of seeing nonsense like this over an over again in LW: "“I want a fair settlement,” John said." A "fair" settlement is that she leaves with the clothes on her back and whatever she gets to steal from the taxpayers in the form of a "retirement". This misguided effort to develop the husband as "noble" is almost as overdone as the "This is between your mother and me. She's been a good mother...blah, blah, blah" trope.

3. I smell at least a semi-RAAC coming. Too much effort has been put into sowing the seeds for some sort of reconciliation for the author to write the rest of the story as giving the bitch what she actually deserves. The "blackmail" angle really doesn't excuse what she did, and treating her husband as a servant and the things she said about him to Sullivan make the "I only did it because I was blackmailed" angle completely unconvincing. The only blackmail stories with a reconciliation or potential reconciliation I've seen that are convincing are one by TXTallTales, which is a brilliant two page gem, and another in which the wife is being blackmailed with a possible murder charge.

4. Still, this story show some creativity and is generally quite well written. So, I'll be a touch generous and give it a five, and I hope the author continues to write.

HikingThruHikingThruover 4 years ago
incongruous

I agree with ReedRichards and others that many facts fail to fit. The disrespect and creampies, etc., paired with hubby practically calling wife and Doug out with "condom" and "clean up before coming home" and their entire interaction at the speech just doesn't fit with blackmail and grudgingly fucking her owners for a year. And a politician would have run away from the cameras at first clue that it was going up in flames.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfover 4 years ago
Incredible

Although the plot has been over used, it works brilliantly in this STORY. Good job!

UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 4 years ago
Try Harder to Keep Your Ridiculous Political Views Out of Your Stories

Took a potentially solid tale down to a "1".

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
The wife's conflicting behaviour...

The wife wasn't necessarily acting with conflicting behaviour if she still truly believed she loved her husband.

She could have been lying about the cream pies in the texts to Doug, just to tell him what he wanted to hear (she showered when she got home). The disrespectful attitude she had towards John was probably a manifestation of her guilt and hearing that shit daily from the men blackmailing her. Finally, she was probably faking it with Doug before giving the speech.

Not that it matters. April still fucked five guys for a year... Only a BtB would be an acceptable ending to this one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Power corrupts both men and women. She succumbed to blackmail but learned to love the sex.

We live in a new era of permissiveness and greed , power , and corruption. Just look at our leaders at the top. The wife being drugged gave into blackmail and eventually enjoyed the sex. Waking up after it was too late. She put her successful husband down. Then after a week of illicit sex she has a revelation and ends hers affairs. But it’s too late. She had the opportunity to come clean and her husband who was no slouch should have cleaned up those involved. She choice to submit as it ends her career and life as she knows it . What’s next suicide,depression, rejection ,ostracized Not any good choices.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Definitely different

Look forward to the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
simply put

nuclear war has been declared

scorched earth rules apply

kiss the lives you knew, as well as your careers and futures, goodbye

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Somewhat new, unique?

Saddletramp1956, you are good, very good. As usual, the count of comments on this submission up to this point is staggering... But you know what?

Please note, no offence or malice meant or directed towards the Islamic culture in the following sentiment! None the less, I am Anonny right now.

Should this whole sordid mess have come about in an islamic country, then justice, revenge, retribution and all those rightful events would have preceded any western world individual efforts at righting the unwritable wrong.

No matter a moment of weakness, blackmail, coercion, threats, bodily harm or financial threats, a Vow is a Vow. Whether it is a physical or emotional betrayal, the partner in a marriage guilty of adultery deserves ultimate and final retribution into oblivion.

Been there, got the scars and debts to prove it. Bitter......Yes! Move on? That is a Lady Dog for sure!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
you have only ONE slim chance to make your plot twist work.

IF and ONLY IF....she never actually fed her husband creampies.

IF and ONLY IF....she never actually meant to be such a cunt towards her husband.

If all that is in fact true.....then she has a chance.....to be a decent person. I don't think she can save that marriage. She DID have sex with at least 5 men for over a year. She DID show him utter contempt and disrespect for over a year. She DID not trust him enough to help her. So I'm thinking your plot twist changes very little. I really hope you're not trying to pull a rabbit resolution outta your butt. I really love the marriage funeral. That was a great touch.

To save her marriage, the above HAS to be true. And she HAS to get her ass beat....both literally and figuratively. Both. She needs to literally hand him hall-passes, make it public that she's decided to be a cuckold, and she needs to have her ass beat raw and red. I'm serious. And I'm not into violence or cuckoldry. But the damage she's done already is vast, and no amount of sophistry changes a damned thing. Only actions. And severe betrayals need severe punishments for any hope of reconciliation. I'm actually more in favor of him not hurting her at all, and finding someone that trusts and loves him like she never has. And let her pretend to play the victim while her career implodes, her family barely tolerates her, and she gets to live a long lonely existence to figure out years later that she WANTED to cheat and disrespect her family....because ultimately they would have helped her. And she denied them that opportunity over and over again.

CrazyDaveTrucker60CrazyDaveTrucker60over 4 years ago
Not the usual BTB

Saddletramp always brings something new to the table, though all the foreshadowing seems to indicate some kind of reconciliation. Knowing STP that means two parts revenge/ one part reconciliation or at the very least some retribution. Regardless it will be an interesting read as this was. 5*

TexasBBTexasBBover 4 years ago
Good Start

I like how this is going so far. The total and public destruction was done in a unique way. Can't wait to see how this continues

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 4 years ago
Do I have this correct so far?

Our hero is a very smart, successful business man married to a member of the United States Congress. Somewhere in passing, he heard something about an attempted coup in Washington DC, but was far too busy and/or preoccupied to give much thought to the possible attempt by the wife of the President of the United States to overthrow her husband. Why would a successful business man married to a Congresswoman be concerned about something like that? "Judy Chastain was arrested and we need to elect a new Speaker". He had heard something about it on the news, but hadn’t paid a whole lot of attention. From what he heard, the First Lady had also been arrested -- something to do with an alleged coup attempt on the new president."

Meanwhile, life goes on as usual. The President's wife is trying to remove our fearless leader from office with chicanery and deceit. The speaker of the house has been arrested. The wife works fundraisers as Washington burns. How did the Giants do Sunday?

Also as mentioned, the wife was painted into a corner with the early descriptions of her disrespect and betrayal. Later we are told she was simply an amazing actress pretending to bang everyone in DC, and loving it. In truth, her husband is the only guy she loves and that is forever. I fear this guy may become president in this story. What else is left to happen? I say, go for it!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 4 years ago
Comments

@UndrApprcted - I didn't see any particular political views expressed, except that pols are sleazy, could have been Rep or Dem.

You can TRY to rationalize her disrespectful behavior any way you want, she did NOT act like someone being forced. She even ADMITTED to feeling REAL disrespect for him, not just acting for her owners.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwineover 4 years ago
Can't wait

For chapter 2. Thanks for the story

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
Interesting

Very very interesting.

Looking forward to the next installment.

InsigniaInsigniaover 4 years ago
RACC on the Radar

But to each his own. Part of her bitchiness is a persona developed to cope. But its really over the top. Her eagerness maybe Stockholmesque but how Mr Congtesswoman deals with full disclosure will determine where this goes. Its a 5 as a stand alone or as an intro..Thanks for the story.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 4 years ago
Almost a good start

The blackmailed wife character doesn't jibe with the "Spiteful Cheating Bitch" wife persona. These two characters are too far apart for me to connect to the same person in any believable manner.

Getting this story out of several holes is going to take creativity.

I'll read the next installment to see if this story follows the coffin into the ground.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
part 2

a great start ,, well more than a start , strange woman, but then again you did sort of explain how it started ,, drugged,, bribed,, but then she blew it by saying she actualy started to enjoy it,, looking forward to the next instalment, thanks for sharing

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Anonymous

Your best story yet. Looking forward to the next installment!

bllhllsbllhllsover 4 years ago
Good writing but...

Good writing but over the top denouement. I mean who really would do anything like that at a time when they are mourning the end of a 25 year marriage?

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
really good and should end here

i liked that though it is a very rough and painful story that the man got his courage and acted

the realistic thing is to let this story end and follow him maybe

-she doesn't deserve to be redeemed from my point of view

but it's ur story

anyway u have good talent and need to shape it :)

regards

penneydog55penneydog55over 4 years ago
Sheesh!

I will never-ever see a clown joke of tossing creampies in their faces again without thinking what Creampies are really!!...I really am enjoying the story so far!

5 Stars ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ WOOF!

cybojicybojiover 4 years ago
Never saw that coming

A delicious twist and a great btb. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
"In normal times, a divorce based on charges of adultery would be devastating to a politician. But these days, who knew? Look at all the allegations and stories about Bill Clinton, he thought."

Apparently the author is unaware there is a much less dated example currently in the oval office. Interesting that he chose to go back 20 years rather than hit the low hanging fruit. To be fair, I might have missed the part where the author said this took place before 2017.

timrivtimrivover 4 years ago

Wife was drugged, raped, blackmailed etc by more powerful political types. Yes she cheated eventually, I guess trying to make the situation not seem so bad. She was a fool, but it looks like she really does love her husband. Those that used her need to be totally ant utterly destroyed. The divorce should go through and her career as a politician should be ended. However, given some time for the husband to understand how and why it all happened then a possible second chance might be a suitable ending. There are a lot of extenuating circumstances in this story, it’s not all black and white. Just my take.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

yes a second chapter is needed and he finds out the truth of what really happened and saves his marriage

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Outlandish...

...but fun. Let's see where it goes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

WAY overrated. Too many character and plot inconsistencies to be rated this high. **

enderlocke27enderlocke27over 4 years ago
i was liking it

until u but blackmail for sex in it, i mean yeah politicians blackmail i saw it coming, which is why i was hoping it wasnt going to go that way but owell. i'll keep reading just to see what happens to john and april. it flowed well so thats something at least

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Enjoyed it

Plot holes notwithstanding. Nail the lot of them to the wall.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 4 years ago
It's going to need to be more than blackmail...

to justify the creampies. Just sayin'.

dragonmann72dragonmann72over 4 years ago
Playing Devil's advocate...

In the big reveal she stated that she knew that Simpson was a watch dog for Senator Jenkins when she was at home so I assume (bad word) that was why he wielded so much power over her.

Tramp, a house member does meet with foreign dignitary's but it is the Senate that makes policy concerning them, the House works on domestic measures.

According to the law, threatening any other government official is either a class C or D felony which can get you five to ten years in imprisonment. all they have to do is hand their evidence to the FBI and even Senator Jenkins would get jail time.

Though I prefer reconciliation stories, if there is to be let it happen after he has gone out and sampled the world while she remains home like a nun.

bruce22bruce22over 4 years ago
Well put together story.

My thought would be that there is no reason for ch. 02. Everything has been put to

rest;

Caught me and April by surprise, did he did. It seems that the way Jenkins would

use the photos, except for delivering to her husband is not clear. It seems to me that he should have called Jenkins on this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Partisan politics killed it for me

An engaging story brought down by political subtext. 3 stars. I was ready to give it 5 before all the right-wing BS.

BaddestmanaliveBaddestmanaliveover 4 years ago
Damn Good

Please don't screw this up with him forgiving this awful woman.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Really?

Hard to believe she is functioning successfully as a member of Congress and she can’t deal with a simple blackmail situation. Q

TailakaTailakaover 4 years ago
Good start to a story

My one criticism: When John Says: "Use a condom" NOT under his breath but out loud to Doug. HOW does Doug NOT immediately understand the context. He'd HAVE to know John is referring to the affair. While Doug would be hard-pressed to understand how John found out, he'd acknowledge(to himself) that John KNOWS.

TnicollTnicollover 4 years ago
Switched Stories in the middle?

I wonder if the author got confused, because the story started off and the wife was a complete conniving bitch, maybe even involved with the "Revenge in Advance" crowd. And, then in the middle she became a blackmailed truly loving wife who was a victim. It was hard to reconcile the two.

I love reading Saddletramp's stuff because he is always over the top (I like to see just how far he goes in his stories). Maybe he will tie it all together in coming chapter(s)?

Or, he could have just had a brain freeze. Or maybe his editor mixed two stories together?

Anyway, it was a fun read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Absurdly unrealistic

No way would a senator do this to a congresswoman, and no way it could remain covered up for a year if it did happen. And the congresswoman is an idiot, although I guess that aspect is not that unrealistic.

meucimeuciover 4 years ago
You have my attention!

I really enjoy a lot of your previous stories and I am hoping you find a way to burn every career of even the smallest people involved. We already know she will get half of everything he worked his ass off all of his life to make in the divorce. So with that being said I think this situation deserves fire and brimstone for all of their political lives. I gave you 5 stars just on the promise of a very great wrap up in the end.

CaOldDogCaOldDogover 4 years ago
Wrong Party

You accuse the wife of having affairs like "Bill Clinton" and being corrupt by dealing with Unions but, you ignore the fact that out current Republican president is on his third marriage and has already cheated on her. He has a three time cheater representing him as a lawyer (Rotten Rudy) that is also a multiple adulterer. You also ignore that the Donald and Jeffery Epstein partied in Mar-A-Lago with underaged girls. Your bias steals away from your story and turns a good writing into trash. Sorry but I can't go lower that 1*/

patilliepatillieover 4 years ago
To be continued?

Seems like a complete story, I have no idea what more we need to know, other than that the blackmail may come to the surface. But that does not mitigate her growing disrespect and embrace of the cheating as time went on. Drain the swamp! Family values!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good Start

I enjoyed the story, at least in this part. We’ll see how the rest goes, but it’s a great start.

Chagrined.....the First Lady refers to another story in which a clandestine group of women tries to take over the country. The group was ostensibly started to proactively punish husbands to not cheat. The First Lady in that story turns out to be part of the group.

KristieBechirKristieBechirover 4 years ago
Stretches believability

Start with the First Lady being arrested...for an attempted coup on the president? What does that even mean? And the First Lady being arrested would be the only story anyone cared about, not a congresswoman cheating.

The “woman was drugged and blackmailed” trope is old and should be retired.

And the funeral was absurd.

GymShortsGymShortsover 4 years ago
Very well done...

.. Didn't notice any glaring spelling errors, poor grammar or messed up sentences. Looking forward to the next chapters....5*****. Thanks for writing.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories