Ashley's Campaign Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ashley had trouble believing her ears. She never expected an apology from Ellen. It was true that they would never be friends, but it would be good if they could at least call a truce.

Ashley said, "OK, I'll come over to you place. I don't have soccer practice tomorrow so anytime after school works for me. What time do you want me there?"

Ellen said, "Can you come over about 3:30? That will give us time to deal with the past before we try to address the present. I know we have a lot of baggage and I've hurt you terribly. Maybe we can at least get to a state where we don't hate each other."

Ashley said, "OK, I'll see you then. I'll do my best to be understanding."

After Ashley had hung up, she forwarded Ellen's message and the principal's email to Beth. She found Emily studying in Josh's room and asked both of them to come to her room to discuss Ellen's offer. She called Beth and put her on speaker phone.

Ashley said, "The principal has made it clear I have to negotiate with Ellen. I'm just nervous about going to her place alone. I'm not worried about her physically since my brown belt in karate should trump her conditioning as a cheerleader. It's just that I'll be on her home turf. Still I think I have to go."

Josh said, "Damn she has a lot of nerve after what she did last year. She nearly succeeded in destroying you with her lies on social media. How can you trust her?"

Ashley said, "Well she did sound sincere. Still I don't want to agree to anything where I have to trust her."

Beth said, "It doesn't bother me if Ellen cannot return to school until the two of you resolve your differences. Still the principal is not known for his patience. It won't be long before he includes you in his disciplinary actions. Sooner rather than later you will need to meet with Ellen. If she's grounded, then it has to be at her place. Would you be happier with a friend or two to guard your back?"

Ashley said, "Her parents won't allow Ellen any visitors until the issue is resolved. I think I can handle it alone. I'd just like some ideas on what to negotiate."

Emily said, "Well for starters is there anything that has happened so far that you'd like not to repeat?

Ashley said, "The only things I can think of are the pool party and the little yellow dress. Events just got out of control. I certainly didn't like her friends taking advantage of me in the dress. I just don't want to continue lobbying seniors with sexually charged activities."

Beth said, "OK negotiate limits on lobbying and acceptable actions by supporters. I think that Mr. Janson has already made it clear that sexy dresses are out. From now on I'd recommend your khaki pants and a simple blouse."

Ashley said, "Is there anything else that happened in previous campaigns that I need to address?"

Beth said, "Both of you spent a lot on your pool parties. Maybe you need to put in a spending limit. We don't need anyone actually counting money to at least curtail out of control spending."

Ashley said, "Anything else?"

Emily said, "Well I'm very upset about the way Ellen ended my relationship with Mary. Now I'm glad she did since I realize that it was a very unhealthy relationship with Mary controlling my every thought and action. Also, I never would have found the supportive friendship provided by your family. Ashley, I think it is important to get Ellen to respect your friends."

Ashley said, "I guess that means I'll have to respect the cheerleaders and basketball players. Anything more?"

No one had any more ideas.

Ashley said, "If you think of something, just text me anytime. I need to get some sleep."

After her friends had left, Ashley replied to the principal's email and stated that she had agreed to meet with Ellen tomorrow. She promised to work hard to resolve their differences.

The next day, Ashley was nervous all during school. She kept playing out different strategies for negotiating with Ellen. Her friends had given her good suggestions for talking points. The hard part would be getting Ellen to agree. Even harder would be to determine a method of enforcing any agreement.

The day turned unbearably hot and humid. The last two periods were in classrooms lacking air conditioned and had been pure misery. Ashley had trouble staying awake in both of them, but finally school ended. Ashley hurried home and changed into a tank top and shorts. Ashley enjoyed the drive to Ellen's house with the top on her Miata down. The breeze was invigorating.

Ellen lived part way up the hillside on the other side of the river. Ashley had never been to Ellen's before but once again her map app lead her to her destination. Ashley was early, so she sat in her car and checked out the neighborhood. Ellen lived on a street with upscale houses lining both sides of the street. Most of the yards were fenced in which meant that they probably had pools. Ellen's home was a sizeable two-story French colonial. There were more homes dotting the hillside above Ellen's house.

Ashley took a deep breath and walked up to Ellen's front door. Ellen answered on the first ring. Because of the heat, she was also dressed in shorts and a halter top. Ashley could readily see why Ellen had been the wet dream of every boy at Riverdale High School.

Ellen said, "I'm so glad you came. We have a lot to talk about. I know we will never be friends but at least maybe today we can at least learn to respect each other. I'd like to sit on the patio by the pool if that is all right with you. Please follow me."

The house was air conditioned and after the heat and humidity outdoors it felt chilly. Ashley scrutinized the well-furnished rooms as Ellen lead her to the patio in back. When they got to the kitchen, Ellen asked Ashley if she would like some ice tea. When Ashley accepted the offer, Ellen turned to a middle-aged Hispanic woman and spoke to her in Spanish.

Ellen said to Ashley, "Maria will bring out the tea. Is there anything you'd like to eat? I'm sure Maria could whip up a snack if you are hungry."

Ashley said, "I'm fine with just the tea."

Ellen led Ashley out to a patio table sheltered by a large umbrella. Ellen offered Ashley her choice of chairs and the two girls sat down next to a large inviting pool. Ashley was in the shade across from Ellen. Ashley had a good view of the pool and the wooded hillside behind it. She could see a couple of houses far up the hillside, but otherwise the pool was very secluded. A high fence blocked out the view of the houses on either side.

Ellen said, "I meant what I said in the text message. I was seriously messed up last year. I was a bitch. My therapist says I have impulse control issues. I acted on my anger without understanding why I was angry. I blamed you for all of my problems. I was jealous of you because you are beautiful and a lot of people were enamored by your European accent. I was even angry that Ryan had found happiness with you. I wanted him to be as miserable as I was after I broke up with him. You certainly didn't deserve to be slut-shamed all over the web. Once I got my vendetta started my friends joined in and it spun out of control. I didn't mean for it to go so far, but nevertheless I have to accept responsibility. Perhaps today we can start a healing process. I know I'm ready to put the past behind me. I hope you are too."

Ashley said, "It helps to understand what you were going through last year. I had just arrived at Riverdale for the second half of the school year. I had to leave all of my friends behind in Europe and I didn't know anyone here. I had Ryan in a couple of classes and was teamed up with him for a science project. When you broke up with him, he turned to me to talk about his distress. Maybe since I was a stranger, he felt he could be open with me. The more we talked, the more we found that we had in common. I shared my loneliness and he talked about how you were the only girl he had ever dated. Then we went to a school dance together and soon we just started dating. I was shocked when you and your friends accused me of stealing your boyfriend."

Maria walked up to the patio table carrying a tray with two large ice teas. She set the tray down in the middle of the table.

Maria asked, "Ellen, is there anything else I can get for you and your friend?"

Ellen said, "Maria makes a great chicken salad sandwich. Are you sure you're not hungry?"

Ashley said, "It's OK. It's too hot to eat. I'm really just thirsty."

Ellen said, "Thanks, Maria. I'll let you know if we need anything else."

Ellen turned to Ashley and said, "Help yourself. I hope you don't mind the Yankees sleeves on the tumblers. My Dad is a big-time Yankees fan."

Ashley laughed, "Well we live in New York and I like the Yankees just fine."

Ashley reached for the iced tea and picked the one closest to Ellen. Something in the back of her head still didn't trust Ellen. She was thirsty and she took a long swallow of deliciously sweet iced tea. Maria really knew how to make a refreshing iced tea. Too bad she wasn't hungry; the chicken salad sandwich was probably delicious. Ellen took the other iced tea and sat back before taking a long swallow of her drink.

Ashley said, "I'm concerned about the principal's email. He used pretty strong language when he said he was upset with the way the campaign was being conducted. I wouldn't be here except for his threat to discipline the two of us. I'm not even sure what infractions he is referring to, but maybe he knows more than I think. Anyway, I talked to my friends about issues we need to negotiate."

Ellen said, "The principal copied my parents on the email. As a result, they grounded me until I resolve this with you. So I have both the principal and my parents riding my case. I'm interested to hear your list."

Ashley sat back and took another long swallow of the sweet iced tea to collect her thoughts. A light breeze fluttered the cloth on the umbrella. The breeze cooled the film of sweat on Ashley and she felt herself relax into her chair. Ellen was being very pleasant. Perhaps this talk wasn't going to be so hard after all.

Ashley said, "The campaign has gotten out of hand. I did some things at Ryan's pool party that I'm not exactly comfortable with. I don't want every senior boy assuming that I'll give them a blowjob in exchange for their vote. I'd like us to agree on some limits. I'm OK with a hug and a kiss, but the other stuff has to go."

Ellen said, "Oh, I completely agree with you. It's way out of control. Just the other day, this loser Zach told me he wanted me to fuck him in exchange for his vote. As if I'd do that for someone who'll never graduate and only stays in school to sell drugs. He's been held back at least twice. So I'd love to restrict campaign favors to hugs and kisses. I think I can get plenty of votes without going any farther than that."

Ashley said, "Obviously sexy dresses are out. I didn't wear that little yellow dress to get votes. I lost a bet and had to wear it. I was lucky I didn't get reported to the principal. The worst part was when your cheerleader friends harassed me in the bathroom."

Ashley refused to confirm that she had been assaulted by a basketball player in the nurse's office. The video and pictures on the web didn't show her face. She was sure Ellen knew the truth, but she preferred to maintain the fiction that the video was taken from some porn site. Ashley nervously gulped another swig of the iced tea.

Ellen said, "I'm sorry about the cheerleaders actions. I can talk to them. I think our friends need to treat our opponents with respect."

Ashley said, "I can promise that my friends will treat you and your friends with respect as well. I don't want to see any of my friends hassled either."

Ellen said, "I definitely agree. Besides if we don't behave the principal will come down on us like a ton of bricks. Is there anything else?"

Ashley was feeling very content. The breeze felt amazing. The trees on the hillside were swaying gently in the wind and it looked as if the whole hillside was breathing. There were a few puffy clouds floating in a light blue sky. Ellen was very agreeable and her smile lit up her sweet face. Ashley took another long swallow of iced tea and was surprised that she had finished the delightful drink. She knew that there was something else she was supposed to negotiate. She leaned back in her chair smiling at Ellen for a few minutes before she remembered. She leaned forward and set the empty drink on the table.

Ellen said, "Oh, you finished your tea. Would you like another?"

Ashley said, "It was very refreshing but please don't bother."

"It's no problem, Ashley. I'm sure Maria made a pitcher of iced tea. I'll just let her know."

Ellen got up from the table and opened the door to the kitchen. A simple request in Spanish brought Maria out to the patio with a pitcher of iced tea. She refilled the girl's glasses and announced that she had made a batch of nachos using her grandmother's recipe.

Ellen said, "Gracias Maria. Nachos would be wonderful."

Ellen turned to Ashley and said, "If you like your nachos hot, you have to try Maria's nachos. No one makes them like she does. Her secret is the chorizo and the jalapeno sauce."

Maria returned with a plate of nachos fresh out of the oven. The smell of melted cheese and hot sauce over the Mexican sausage and refried beans made Ashley's mouth water in anticipation. Maria gave Ashley a napkin and held out the plate of steaming goodness. After Ashley had taken a nacho, Maria set the plate down between the girls. Ellen smiled at Ashley and grabbed a nacho for herself.

Ashley blew on her nacho to cool it. The aroma overwhelmed Ashley's caution and she popped the whole nacho into her mouth. It was pure ambrosia. A dollop of cool sour cream on top balanced the burning hot sauce. The cheese and chorizo complemented the symphony of flavors in her mouth. As Ashley devoured nacho after nacho, she broke out in a sweat. Ashley began to guzzle her iced tea to cool her mouth. Soon the plate of nachos was empty and Ashley had finished a second glass of the delightful iced tea.

Ellen looked at Ashley and said, "Was there anything else we need to negotiate?"

Ashley smiled at Ellen and said, "Beth suggested that we put some limits on how much we spend on the campaign. What would you think of a spending cap?"

Ellen said, "What amount did you have in mind? I think most of our major expenses are behind us. I don't plan on having any more extravagant parties. I assume you do not include a dress for the Homecoming Dance in your limit."

Ashley quickly agreed, "Of course the dress is separate. I agree that we have spent most of what we planned already. I think $200 would be more than enough to finish the campaign. What do you think?"

Ellen said, "I think $200 is perfect. I'm happy that discussing the campaign with you was so easy. I also think that between the sun and the nachos, I am dying of heat. Look at me, I'm covered in perspiration and I'm not even moving. How about a swim."

Ashley felt very peaceful, but Ellen was right. It was hot and the breeze had died. Ashley was covered in sweat and the humidity was sapping her of energy. She looked at the inviting water of Ellen's pool. Ripples on the surface of the water were causing the reflection of the sun to dance invitingly.

Ashley said, "I'd love to swim, but I don't have my suit."

Ellen laughed and said, "I never wear a suit when I'm alone. The fence provides complete privacy. Neither my Dad or Mom will be home for hours and Maria will ignore us. I'm going in even if you don't. You should join me. It will be fun and we deserve it after the stress we've been under."

Ellen stood up and pulled her halter top over her head. She then reached behind her back and unclipped her bra. As Ellen freed her full breasts, they jiggled as if they were excited to be on display. Ashley gazed at Ellen's lithe body as her rival stripped in front of her. Ellen's generous breasts were slightly larger than Ashley's and dotted with beads of perspiration. Ellen's puffy pink nipples were paler than Ashley's while her areolas were larger. Ellen hooked her thumbs in the waist of her shorts and shed them along with her panties in one quick movement. Ellen tossed them onto the chair with the rest of her clothes. Ellen had shaved her pussy except for a small triangle of trimmed fleece just above her slit.

Ellen turned and sprinted toward the pool. She stopped at the edge and shouted to Ashley, "Come on Ashley, please join me for a swim. You'll love it. My Dad keeps it cool for swimming laps."

Ashley had been stunned as she watched Ellen reveal her gorgeous body. The spell was broken when Ellen dove into the water and began to swim laps. Ashley felt the heat and humidity even more intensely. She got up from her chair carefully. She thought she must have been sitting too long because she was unsteady on her feet. She felt as if her head was a mile above her feet. She looked longingly at the cool water and Ellen's stunning naked body effortlessly swimming a proficient breast stroke.

Ashley made her mind. She pulled her tank top over her head and peeled off her sports bra. She unzipped her shorts and dropped them to her feet. She looked over at the pool and saw that Ellen was holding on to the side of the pool and watching her disrobe. Ashley laughed and did a little shimmy as she pulled her panties down and stepped out of them. Ellen licked her lips at the sight of Ashley's bare pussy.

Ashley started a slow walk to the pool until she realized how hot the concrete deck was. Ashley sprinted to the pool and dove in. The cold water took her breath away. The water was a lot colder than she had expected and she felt the shock in her brain. She could feel her nipples turn to stone. Ashley thought she saw stars, but it was the sunlight glittering on the rippled surface.

Ashley began swimming laps. She looked to her side and saw Ellen's beautiful body swimming beside her matching her stroke for stroke. Ashley had a vision that they were two porpoises swimming together in the ocean. When Ellen pulled ahead, Ashley increased her effort and moved in front. The girls continued their competition lap after lap. There was no way Ashley was going to concede. Finally, Ellen quit and the two girls held onto the edge of the pool gasping for breath.

When Ellen could talk, she said, "That was awesome. I cannot believe how evenly we are matched. You know we swam close to a half a mile?"

Ashley was used to hard exercise and she had missed having her soccer practice. As she held on to the edge of the pool, the cold water caressed her body. The waves rocked her gently and Ashley felt at peace. Ashley loved the smell of chlorine mixed with the fragrance of the nearby woods.

Ashley smiled and said, "That was fun. It felt really great after spending the last day worrying about coming to your house to talk. You have been very warm and pleasant. Maybe we really can start over and be friends."

Ellen said, "I'd love that. You have no idea what a toll our rivalry has taken on me. Come on let's warm up in the jacuzzi. I'm starting to freeze."

Ellen pulled herself out of the pool and walked quickly to the jacuzzi. She turned on the jets and shivered as lowered her lovely naked body into the hot water.

Ashley pulled herself out and joined Ellen in the pool. The jets of water stimulated her naked flesh. Ellen moved over to Ashley and put her arm around Ashley's shoulders.

Ellen looked Ashley in the eye and said, "Ashley, you are such an incredibly beautiful person. I've been watching you with fascination ever since you came. I'm really sorry I let my feelings turn to jealousy."

Ashley smiled at Ellen warmly as Ellen pulled Ashley close. Ellen leaned in and kissed Ashley gently on the lips. Ashley felt a warm glow flow through her body. Ashley drew one arm around Ellen's waist and put her other hand lightly on Ellen's face. Ellen pushed her tongue into Ashley's mouth and moaned as Ashley drew Ellen's body in tight. Ellen raised her hand to cup Ashley's breast and softly caress her nipple. Ashley jumped at the contact and drew back. Ashley looked into Ellen's warm eyes as Ellen continued fondling Ashley's sensitive breast.